PDA

View Full Version : Would you put the club first?

Silly-miller
23-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Many people get in for a reduced price and yet argue about how TS needs to fork over the dosh in transfer windows, which makes me ask my self. If TS said we are doubling the wage budget and will spend at least 5 million on players, but the catch is that there will be no more kids prices concessions prices only adult prices what you do?

Masbroughstreet
23-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Why would he do that when he could just buy a couple of burger vans and finance us that way?

millertop
23-04-2019, 12:37 PM
You can’t justify kids paying adult prices at any club

Grist_To_The_Mill
23-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Sell the kids to white slavers

CASPER-64-FRANK
23-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Kids are the future.....
No kids, no RUFC.
Some people wouldn’t be able to pay an increase especially if you happen to take a couple of kids.
A minority wouldn’t object to a price increase at Championship level, majority would walk away and not bother going.

frogmiller
23-04-2019, 02:34 PM
It is a big dilema on how to increase out income. Talk has been about a hotel but how much would that create after wages and taxes?

Opening the corners for some retail outlet but there is only one in two saturdays of the year that the crowds are there. A gym maybe you'd think would suit the place.
Is the restuarant open each night or is that all tied in with the catering agreement?
Would the catering agreement allow a pub to be there but then again that is only going to be advantagous on match days.

Can't really sell the empty seats because a lot of them are singles and mates have to sit apart for the match so that doesn't go down too well as it's so complicated to change the seating and tickets through the office for a one off.

The only leveller is TV money. Pay each team the same amount up to a limit and from the rest of the other incomes clubs get. Estimate the spend of all the clubs, divide by 24 and give out. Get the EFL to have an accountant for each club so that the EFL sanction the moves before the go through so that no team overspends.

Set a maximum wage for players in the league and set a maximum squad size for each team. Other incomes for clubs can pay for the academies etc without risking the playing squad.

Only moneis made in transfers can be used for transfers.

Set a maximum wage for the managers and have transfer windows for them.

Stop the parachute money from the Premiership.

Cut the Champions league teams free to make a European league and let them fend for themselves.

CASPER-64-FRANK
23-04-2019, 02:51 PM
Original income stream estimate was £2m for the Hotel.
If you had £10m to invest it would only get your foot on the bottom rung of the ladder. That amount would be swallowed up in one season in the Championship.
Any investor into the club would have to prove they’re in it for the long term not in and then disappear when the going gets tough.

frogmiller
23-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Original income stream estimate was £2m for the Hotel.
If you had £10m to invest it would only get your foot on the bottom rung of the ladder. That amount would be swallowed up in one season in the Championship.
Any investor into the club would have to prove they’re in it for the long term not in and then disappear when the going gets tough.

Look at it as 4 players on £10k per week.

I wonder what TS thinks when he sees the demand for the wages after all of the graft his workers put in for theirs and what he can pay them to keep his product competitive.

jocksgloves
23-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Some of the other Championship clubs are so desperate to attain extra cash that they screw their own supporters to the floor. A large club not too far away increased their season tickets massively, and guess what? They are still playing the likes of us. Let's not lose sight of the fact that it's a working man's hobby at our level. I would like to introduce my grandkids eventually. Price them out, and the club will die. For what? A few more years in this over bloated division?

Silly-miller
23-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Kids are the future.....
No kids, no RUFC.
Some people wouldn’t be able to pay an increase especially if you happen to take a couple of kids.
A minority wouldn’t object to a price increase at Championship level, majority would walk away and not bother going.

Lots of people can’t afford to go now my friend used to go every year until he was taken ill got fired and had to sign on (some kind of illness that ran in his family) now he can only go to 5 games a year at most. Yet I know some pensioners who can afford 4 holidays a year to places like Mexico. There are people who can afford to pay more and there are people who would like to go but can’t afford it. The question I was trying to ask is would you yourself pay more if you could afford it if you knew it would help the club?

There’s huge question marks over our income like why do we have a fairly high ticket price and still we can’t compete with clubs who have low ticket prices? Is it Inadequate funds from sponsors? Lack of money coming from food drink and shop? Or is it just the investment difference from chairman?

I don’t have a clue what it is but one thing I’m certain of is our income needs to increase to 20million a season if TS dream has a chance that is

CASPER-64-FRANK
23-04-2019, 03:46 PM
I would pay more for my season a majority wouldn’t.

CASPER-64-FRANK
23-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Look at it as 4 players on £10k per week.

I wonder what TS thinks when he sees the demand for the wages after all of the graft his workers put in for theirs and what he can pay them to keep his product competitive.

I often wonder what he thinks when we have an high profile game that could make or break our season and we can’t even fill the home end.

It’s no secret he doesn’t like agents dictating to football clubs.
It must be difficult to balance the books on the turnover at present so credit for coming close. We run a ‘ tight ship ‘ for a reason.
People should use some of that “ bottled sunshine “ that KerrAvon suggested a while ago.
Swings and roundabouts, rough with the smooth.

caytonmiller
23-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Make every where hospitality. Fk the poor.

CASPER-64-FRANK
23-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Make every where hospitality. Fk the poor.

Let’s see how much Hospitality and Sponsors drop before building Corporate Boxes on top of the Ben Bennett Stand.

Can’t wait for the fixtures to come out in June and the new home footy strip.

EDIT : I’ve reported you to the RSPCA for kicking your dog after yesterday’s defeat....😂

Pocket rocket
23-04-2019, 05:10 PM
I already give enough to the club with season tickets.
I do buy from club shop and maybe more would if it wasn’t overpriced?

Maybe some of the glory supporters who went to Man City could attend games that would boost the revenue?

Grist_To_The_Mill
23-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Let’s see how much Hospitality and Sponsors drop before building Corporate Boxes on top of the Ben Bennett Stand.

EDIT : I’ve reported you to the RSPCA for kicking your dog after yesterday’s defeat....��

Joe Newell did the same..........and missed

caytonmiller
23-04-2019, 06:34 PM

EDIT : I’ve reported you to the RSPCA for kicking your dog after yesterday’s defeat....

you better get back on the phone as the other one copped for one as well

caytonmiller
23-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Joe Newell did the same..........and missed

newell tried to kick the dog and the dog tackled him nicking his ball. shame the dog doesnt kick newell in the ballz.

pip_y
23-04-2019, 08:50 PM
There’s huge question marks over our income like why do we have a fairly high ticket price and still we can’t compete with clubs who have low ticket prices?

Probably because they have a bigger ground capacity, bigger fan base and therefore more commercial sales too.

Silly-miller
23-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Probably because they have a bigger ground capacity, bigger fan base and therefore more commercial sales too.

Bigger ground but lower ticket prices 15 quid to our lowest 25

But yeah I take your point on commercial sales

A fun fact though a woman at my dads work paid 500 pound for her son to be a mascot for shef w for the day kid got to meet the players and walk out with them before the game. I said to my dad that’s a season ticket that is, just shows you the difference in income though.

I know what your thinking poor kid

CASPER-64-FRANK
24-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Bigger ground but lower ticket prices 15 quid to our lowest 25

But yeah I take your point on commercial sales

A fun fact though a woman at my dads work paid 500 pound for her son to be a mascot for shef w for the day kid got to meet the players and walk out with them before the game. I said to my dad that’s a season ticket that is, just shows you the difference in income though.

I know what your thinking poor kid

£15 for Championship football is damn cheap, which clubs charge £15 or are you talking League 1 prices ?

To compare clubs Ipswich have sold almost 8k season tickets and we have hit 4k, all down to fan base..

Silly-miller
24-04-2019, 10:49 AM
£15 for Championship football is damn cheap, which clubs charge £15 or are you talking League 1 prices ?

To compare clubs Ipswich have sold almost 8k season tickets and we have hit 4k, all down to fan base..

Blackburn mate lowest price is 15 pound

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/special-offer-for-swans-clash/

I thought we sold 6500 season tickets last year hmm il have to check that.

People don’t want to spend money and with TS no spending policy some people are starting to think hold on a min why am I paying £500-£1000 a year for a team that cost the chairman nothing not to mention the people who think EFL are fixing football games to keep big clubs in top tiers of football.

Needless to say some people are getting disheartened about the clubs position and I can see where they are coming from. Older people have history to fall back on and think oh well just think where we are now but younger fans never saw any of that and just see a club that’s broke

Btw 500- 1000 includes merchandise bought away games and food and drink in case your wondering

Grist_To_The_Mill
24-04-2019, 11:55 AM
If popeye doubled the cost of his burgers would he sell as many?

That’s the key issue

CASPER-64-FRANK
24-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Blackburn mate lowest price is 15 pound

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/special-offer-for-swans-clash/

I thought we sold 6500 season tickets last year hmm il have to check that.

People don’t want to spend money and with TS no spending policy some people are starting to think hold on a min why am I paying £500-£1000 a year for a team that cost the chairman nothing not to mention the people who think EFL are fixing football games to keep big clubs in top tiers of football.

Needless to say some people are getting disheartened about the clubs position and I can see where they are coming from. Older people have history to fall back on and think oh well just think where we are now but younger fans never saw any of that and just see a club that’s broke

Btw 500- 1000 includes merchandise bought away games and food and drink in case your wondering

Thanks for the link. For one moment I thought teams like Blackburn were charging £15 for every game ( doh ).
It’s just a one off to thank their supporters and to try and fill Ewood Park last match of their season like they did last season.
Credit to them for showing initiative although their average crowd is near 14.5k and ours is near enough 9.800k, no comparison really, we have the lowest home attendances in the Championship

Grist_To_The_Mill
24-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the link. For one moment I thought teams like Blackburn were charging £15 for every game ( doh ).
It’s just a one off to thank their supporters and to try and fill Ewood Park last match of their season like they did last season.
Credit to them for showing initiative although their average crowd is near 14.5k and ours is near enough 9.800k, no comparison really, we have the lowest home attendances in the Championship

And it’s those low attendances that show TS is right not to overspend.

pip_y
24-04-2019, 01:21 PM
And it’s those low attendances that show TS is right not to overspend.
Or to extend the ground. We need 3 years in championship with an improvement year on year not the 3 years of struggling like last time.

Silly-miller
24-04-2019, 05:52 PM

Ahh right I miss read it

Our home end can only hold about that to be fair Casper 👻 our away end holds about 2400 which gets full in championship. Most of games have had a total crowd over 10,500 this year the last one that had 9500 was against Blackburn at start of March

CASPER-64-FRANK
24-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Ahh right I miss read it

Our home end can only hold about that to be fair Casper  our away end holds about 2400 which gets full in championship. Most of games have had a total crowd over 10,500 this year the last one that had 9500 was against Blackburn at start of March

Our average this season over 22 games is 9,827.
Next bottom is Brentford at 10,210
Top team is Villa with 35,771
Just shows what we are up against.
No idea how to increase revenue, perhaps a better style of more attractive football could put a few more bums on seats.

Silly-miller
24-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Our average this season over 22 games is 9,827.
Next bottom is Brentford at 10,210
Top team is Villa with 35,771
Just shows what we are up against.
No idea how to increase revenue, perhaps a better style of more attractive football could put a few more bums on seats.

Point I was making mate even if we filled our stands most we could get is about 10,000 it’s not enough and I fear with united going up we may see some jumping ship. (We all know at least one who would)

Grist_To_The_Mill
24-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Point I was making mate even if we filled our stands most we could get is about 10,000 it’s not enough and I fear with united going up we may see some jumping ship. (We all know at least one who would)

Assuming there was capacity in the ground to accommodate them every increase of 1000 fans brings in roughly £450k per year assuming they all have season tickets.

We have a great stadium but it’s not big enough

Silly-miller
24-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Assuming there was capacity in the ground to accommodate them every increase of 1000 fans brings in roughly £450k per year assuming they all have season tickets.

We have a great stadium but it’s not big enough

No it’s not big enough and I understand the dilemma what’s point in upgrading if your not guaranteed to fill the stands but counter argument to that is how can you sell something you don’t have.

Grist_To_The_Mill
24-04-2019, 11:50 PM
No it’s not big enough and I understand the dilemma what’s point in upgrading if your not guaranteed to fill the stands but counter argument to that is how can you sell something you don’t have.

And the other odd point is that it’s no good expanding home seats, it’s the away end where the potential lies and we can’t fill that in league 1

Brin
25-04-2019, 12:00 AM
Many people get in for a reduced price and yet argue about how TS needs to fork over the dosh in transfer windows, which makes me ask my self. If TS said we are doubling the wage budget and will spend at least 5 million on players, but the catch is that there will be no more kids prices concessions prices only adult prices what you do?

Never....... family first and always.

millertop
25-04-2019, 10:52 AM
I already give enough to the club with season tickets.
I do buy from club shop and maybe more would if it wasn’t overpriced?

Maybe some of the glory supporters who went to Man City could attend games that would boost the revenue?

Something else for you to buy when they arrive in red and white shop

Top Trumps ;D

Silly-miller
25-04-2019, 10:56 AM
And the other odd point is that it’s no good expanding home seats, it’s the away end where the potential lies and we can’t fill that in league 1

Tbh mate I think both need upgrading if we are in championship a good way to do it tho would be to upgrade away end and family stand and have part of east stand available for away fans. Theoretically from what home fans bring in and majority of championship away crowds we could bring in 15,000. By using this season alone I work it out as 10,500 home and 4500 away. Of course it will mean making part of family stand unavailable in season tickets, but doing it this way would fill the seats now and if fan base increases we could decrease away support until more seats were put in place. Of course in league 1 it wouldn’t work but without money you can’t stay in championship it’s like which comes first the chicken or the egg

jocksgloves
25-04-2019, 11:29 AM
9,800 ? Fantastic crowd, anyone remember the average at Don Valley?

great_fire
25-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Tbh mate I think both need upgrading if we are in championship a good way to do it tho would be to upgrade away end and family stand and have part of east stand available for away fans. Theoretically from what home fans bring in and majority of championship away crowds we could bring in 15,000. By using this season alone I work it out as 10,500 home and 4500 away. Of course it will mean making part of family stand unavailable in season tickets, but doing it this way would fill the seats now and if fan base increases we could decrease away support until more seats were put in place. Of course in league 1 it wouldn’t work but without money you can’t stay in championship it’s like which comes first the chicken or the egg

That's a pretty good idea although people with season tickets in the South-East part of the stadium would not be happy.

There is spare capacity in the South-West though where they could move.

Sell it as moving from London to Cornwall!

Brin
25-04-2019, 12:45 PM
9,800 ? Fantastic crowd, anyone remember the average at Don Valley?

Jocks, for the awful 4 years I went there I would have said approx 4k and that's being generous.

Pocket rocket
25-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Top Trumps ;D

Yep I’m gonna buy these.
Wow these take me back 😊

Silly-miller
25-04-2019, 01:40 PM
That's a pretty good idea although people with season tickets in the South-East part of the stadium would not be happy.

There is spare capacity in the South-West though where they could move.

Sell it as moving from London to Cornwall!

Not sure there are any season ticket holders there I will look and find out

Even if there is clubs have shifted away supporters lots of times into where season ticket holders are. Derby county did it before they put away fans in corner they used to have them behind the net if my memory is right (I know iffy 😂) the season ticket holders there was told to pick a new seat and for the inconvenience they got some free stuff like a shirt I think. Yes you still had some not happy but club went ahead anyway with it.

Most of championship clubs bring a big away support any club not milking these fools I mean chumps I mean loyal fans needs sorting

CAMiller
25-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Top Trumps ;D
The Donald is suing RUFC as he claims he is the Top Trump.

Grist_To_The_Mill
25-04-2019, 06:27 PM
After a few lagers and a curry I can claim that title.

Silent but deadly

Silly-miller
25-04-2019, 07:10 PM
After a few lagers and a curry I can claim that title.

Silent but deadly

You silent?