PDA

View Full Version : O/T Fines for obstruction?

crashbang
26-04-2019, 09:21 PM
If you park a bit iffy in London you get hit with a hefty fine.
If you block the road protesting you get carted away and a warning.
DO you think if a fine for causing trouble for cost of policing was about £5000 minimum.
Not as many would bother?

Brin
26-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Or, If the courts really dealt with anyone found to be carrying a knife unlawfully, were given 5 years like the government said they would
receive, would it deter knife crime?

crashbang
26-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Agree

CTMilller
26-04-2019, 10:15 PM
DO you think if a fine for causing trouble for cost of policing was about £5000 minimum.
Trouble is where do you draw the line on the kind of protesters who would be subject to a fine “for cost of policing”. You would presumably have to levy a fine on ‘trouble makers’ whether or not you support their cause. I wouldn’t want to extend this to striking employees blocking a road by picketing, for example, but how would you differentiate?

millertop
26-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Troubl

I thought you’d lost your marbles there for a minute until I saw Cam had edited the original post 😂

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-04-2019, 10:22 PM

I notice now that the weather is turning wet that the environmental protestors are packing up and going home.

CTMilller
26-04-2019, 10:32 PM
I thought you’d lost your marbles there for a minute until I saw Cam had edited the original post 😂😁
Big finger problem but that was funny millertop!