PDA

View Full Version : The Ecstacy and the Agony

navypie
27-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Meadow Lane was buzzing when we went in front and the news came through from Northampton. When the news filtered through from Vale Park the whole atmosphere went flat. Ar well , we live in hope. CMS easily MOTM. Apart from Tootle and Hemmings I thought they all played well. Grime-be offered nothing and their goal was totally undeserved. Thought the Ref had a good game and it was refreshing to see a Linesman make a decision. Anyway, we will be at Swindon next week.

i961pie
27-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Meadow Lane was buzzing when we went in front and the news came through from Northampton. When the news filtered through from Vale Park the whole atmosphere went flat. Ar well , we live in hope. CMS easily MOTM. Apart from Tootle and Hemmings I thought they all played well. Grime-be offered nothing and their goal was totally undeserved. Thought the Ref had a good game and it was refreshing to see a Linesman make a decision. Anyway, we will be at Swindon next week.

I agree CMS was awsome today plus Stubbs and Rose were also very good.
Special mention for Brisley who after a shaky first 15 mins settled and did ok to say he hadn't played since January.

game_pie
27-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Cambridge beat Bury away from home only a few weeks ago 3-0... there is still hope

Robertomac
27-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Why the **** have the players not tried like that in all of the last 10 or so games?

I'm really angry. Too little, too late.

pielover
27-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Why the **** have the players not tried like that in all of the last 10 or so games?

I'm really angry. Too little, too late.

So many seem to think this, that we've just started trying. DO you really think we've not been trying week in week out?

If you want to see a team not trying turn your attention to Grimsby today. They weren't bothered, they made us look good.

i961pie
27-04-2019, 05:22 PM
So many seem to think this, that we've just started trying. DO you really think we've not been trying week in week out?

If you want to see a team not trying turn your attention to Grimsby today. They weren't bothered, they made us look good.

I have said many times we put in the effort but we are clearly lacking in quality and skill.

Robertomac
27-04-2019, 05:30 PM
I have said many times we put in the effort but we are clearly lacking in quality and skill.

I disagree. I don't think it's one or the other I think it's a combination of the two. Compare CMS with Tootle today - CMS never stopped and never let any Grimsby player have an easy ride, whereas Tootle barely got out of 2nd gear and looked like he was just going through the motions.

Too many games where we've been carrying players who frankly haven't put in the effort. You can occasionally get away with carrying 1 player, but not 3 or 4.

Scanlon's Hatrick
27-04-2019, 05:42 PM

Great post
The win almost feels irrelevant after Macc won but we have a slim chance.
We are probably relegation bound as we haven't been good enough all season.
What really irks me is that very poor sides like Grimsby, Cambridge, Port Vale etc are all staying up but the league never lies.

I hope we have another good turn out at Swindon despite probably knowing our fate.
I was only going to see the last away league game for at least a season and vent my anger at the team, but, having thought about it, I am going for a few beers and to see Notts.
I refuse to be the angry/upset bloke in tears that you always see.
Well, famous last words.....

Let's hope these new owners are real and have serious funds.

We will be be back.

forwardmagpie
27-04-2019, 05:46 PM
At Christmas I would have taken being still in with a chance at the last game - COYP

BigFatPie
27-04-2019, 05:50 PM
I think people are being a bit down. Much stranger things have happened than Macc losing and us winning next week.

slack_pie
27-04-2019, 06:09 PM
I think people are being a bit down. Much stranger things have happened than Macc losing and us winning next week.

True. I wonder what the odds would be for those two results coming in. I'm glad that we have a chance, however tiny, if only to make the last game worth getting up for.

One thing that has struck me this season is just how bad you have to be to get relegated. We've been awful all season, and yet we still have a chance of getting out.

Elite_Pie
27-04-2019, 06:19 PM
True. I wonder what the odds would be for those two results coming in.

No match odds up yet, but we are between 1/9 and 1/14 to go down, while Macc are a general 6/1.

Seems about right to me.

eastwoodmagpie
27-04-2019, 06:23 PM
I disagree. I don't think it's one or the other I think it's a combination of the two. Compare CMS with Tootle today - CMS never stopped and never let any Grimsby player have an easy ride, whereas Tootle barely got out of 2nd gear and looked like he was just going through the motions.

Too many games where we've been carrying players who frankly haven't put in the effort. You can occasionally get away with carrying 1 player, but not 3 or 4.

Certainly agree about Tootle seems unfit and invites teams to play on his area knowing his weakness in not stopping crosses into the box. Must be replaced for next season no matter what league we are in.

countygump
27-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Errr, didn't go down well:

https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5/status/1122192165617246208

Bohinen
27-04-2019, 06:48 PM

That man is an utter ****.

The only consolation in us going down is that arsehole being paid millions less for the club.

navypie
27-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Some of the refs we have had this season would have sent Rose off for that challenge but today's ref got it spot on, it was always only a booking.

macse15
27-04-2019, 07:15 PM
No match odds up yet, but we are between 1/9 and 1/14 to go down, while Macc are a general 6/1.

Seems about right to me.

Maybe if we get an early lead the pressure might make Macc crumble ( and Cambridge play like Barcelona) ok Gateshead it is. Let’s face it they have a fraction of our resources so fair play to them and Sol

nw6pie
27-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Clutching at straws here, but good to see Leyton Orient winning the National League after two seasons out of the league - because they were a complete shambles when they went down. Turley was in the starting XI for them today. Gives hope to all basket cases.

TSANHO
27-04-2019, 08:33 PM

There’s some disgusting replies on that tweet or post, whatever it is called.

He had every right to congratulate Ilkeston on a fantastic season and subsequent promotion. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Notts situation.

The man has made some howlers for sure, he may even be an egotistical big ‘ed, but what has gone wrong at Notts this year hasn’t been out of malice, just, well, ignorance and ineptitude I suppose.

No matter what you think he hasn’t gone out of his way to get Notts relegated, how deluded does one have to be to believe that? Just more football fan hysteria.

Old_pie
27-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Well he's closed his account AGAIN. He doesn't learn - he just keeps coming back like a bad smell, or a speeding driver. What the hell does he expect?

Bohinen
27-04-2019, 08:39 PM

He had every right to congratulate Ilkeston on a fantastic season and subsequent promotion. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Notts situation.

The man has made some howlers for sure, he may even be an egotistical big ‘ed, but what has gone wrong at Notts this year hasn’t been out of malice, just, well, ignorance and ineptitude I suppose.

No matter what you think he hasn’t gone out of his way to get Notts relegated, how deluded does one have to be to believe that? Just more football fan hysteria.

So Notts have been all but relegated from the Football League, and people at Paragon have all lost their jobs, and this clown has every right to give it Billy Big *******s about Ilkeston. Of course, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

legs77
27-04-2019, 08:41 PM
I can’t see what he has said as it looks like he may have deleted his twitter account.

He is an utter moron i’m not interested what he has done at Ilkeston he got one of them in here as coach and what a fine job he did so I wouldn’t make a comment on that.

He must understand that Notts fans are going to be angry and go after him if he had any brains he’d stay off social media but he is too dumb / big headed to realise it.

I couldn’t stand Trew but he takes it to another level for me.

Elite_Pie
27-04-2019, 08:45 PM
He must understand that Notts fans are going to be angry and go after him if he had any brains he’d stay off social media but he is too dumb / big headed to realise it.

Correct. I really hope our next owner stays well away from any form of social media.

MAD_MAGPIE
27-04-2019, 08:50 PM

True and he can post what he wants and it may have been well intentioned but I think it’s ill thought out and a bit insensitive. It’s only going to be like a red rag to a bull to some fans.

He could have perhaps been a bit more humble in the opening line and said I know things haven’t been all that good recently with Paragon and Notts and then proceeded to congratulate Ilkeston.

Especially when people at Paragon have lost their jobs, and likewise the oldest league club is still very much in serious danger of going out of the football league for the first time in their history. Sometimes it’s best just to lie low.

crazyfists
27-04-2019, 08:51 PM
The man is a complete idiot, can't stomach him. Don't agree with the posts that the players have been trying their hardest every game, they have admitted as much themselves if you watch their interviews plus we all agree they're not the most untalented squad in the league so why are they down there? Only one answer no application, the league table doesn't lie. We have a slim hope next week but at robertomac said too little too late. Just want the season to end now whatever happens, tired of it all and that tw@t of an owner.

TSANHO
27-04-2019, 09:12 PM
So Notts have been all but relegated from the Football League, and people at Paragon have all lost their jobs, and this clown has every right to give it Billy Big *******s about Ilkeston. Of course, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

You’re obviously very upset about it so I’m not going to try to reason it any better than I have done above. He’s not my mate or anything, I just find it cringe worthy reading posts like that from fellow Notts fans. Other owners have done worse to our club in my opinion.

Bohinen
27-04-2019, 09:22 PM
You’re obviously very upset about it so I’m not going to try to reason it any better than I have done above. He’s not my mate or anything, I just find it cringe worthy reading posts like that from fellow Notts fans. Other owners have done worse to our club in my opinion.

I'm not actually 'very upset' because I have known this would happen for a long time.

In the cold light of day, I say that an employer who has cost his workers their jobs and also, perhaps less importantly, ended Notts County's status as the world's oldest league club, should not be crowing about a non-league trophy won by his second club. I hope you can bring yourself to see that point of view.

jackal2
28-04-2019, 11:39 AM
I'm not actually 'very upset' because I have known this would happen for a long time.

In the cold light of day, I say that an employer who has cost his workers their jobs and also, perhaps less importantly, ended Notts County's status as the world's oldest league club, should not be crowing about a non-league trophy won by his second club. I hope you can bring yourself to see that point of view.

Sounds reasonable to me.

TSANHO is correct that other owners have done worse to the club, lest we ever forget the activities of Russell King, but the reality is that Alan Hardy's huge personal gamble with Paragon and Notts County has not paid off, so this is hardly the time to be crowing about a 'moment' with Ilkeston Town, who are themselves another business implicated in this saga.