PDA

View Full Version : Leeds v Villa

sherwoodmag
28-04-2019, 02:27 PM
What drama,never seen anything quite like it.

As well as the walk in goal being a first for me, that red card has to be rescinded and the Leeds player should be banned for faking a blow to the face to get the Villa player sent off.

sherwoodmag
28-04-2019, 02:52 PM
I was watching the Leicester v Gooners game and flicked over to the Leeds game just in time to see Leeds score with a Villa player down injured.
I was very surprised to see the Leeds manager tell his players to let Villa score from the kick off.

sherwoodmag
28-04-2019, 03:46 PM
I was watching the Leicester v Gooners game and flicked over to the Leeds game just in time to see Leeds score with a Villa player down injured.
I was very surprised to see the Leeds manager tell his players to let Villa score from the kick off. I can't remember players putting the ball out of play when an opposing player was injured 30/40 years ago.there is nothing in the rules of the game about it so there was nothing to stop a Leeds player scoring as the ref didn't stop the game, it is just a mutual understanding in the modern era..

Curian
28-04-2019, 03:52 PM
I thought if there was a head injury the ref was obliged to stop the match, other than that your right. There is no obligation to stop and these days, with the type of method acting that players receive, you just do not know when they are faking it! You would hope common sense and a sense of decency would prevail but hey I am old fashioned.

Zippity
28-04-2019, 04:02 PM
I'm not a fan of it. It's funny how footballers' minds work...they think nothing of diving and cheating to win penalties, get opponents booked/sent off or to waste time...but they get all moral when it comes to putting the ball out of play??? Head injuries are different but how often do you see a player go down (to waste time or break up play usually), his team play on because they're attacking but then berate the opposition for not doing so once they lose possession?

Crystal Palace, the dirty *******s had a go at us when one of their lot went down (and, surprisingly, came straight back on) and we didn't immediately put it out (I'm sure they actually had the chance but didn't)- we eventually did (Schar got some stick for that)...BUT when Lejeune went down, 2 of them ran over and actually took a quick throw to try and take advantage!!

Just proves it's got **** all to do with sportsmanship and is all about gamesmanship.

The Villa players made their own decision to stop-the ref hadn't told them to and they all know the rules so I think the Leeds goal should have stood in its own right rather than be cancelled out by Bielsa instructing his players to allow Villa to score.

I mean aye, he could be commended for his sportsmanship but players just make up the rules to suit themselves about when to kick the ball out so it serves them right that it came back to bite them on the arse.

Rant over. ;)

Jammy89
28-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Palace thing was a piss take in our game.