PDA

View Full Version : Swindon tickets update - over 1600 sold so far...

slack_pie
30-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Another fantastic effort from our supporters, for a game that is almost certainly going to seal our relegation. Swindon have now increased our allocation to 2500 to cope with demand.

Again, our fans have been the one bright spot in a dreadful season. Despite everything that has gone wrong, I still have a reason to be proud of my club.

Sing your hearts out, no matter what.

COYP

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Oh we will...2.5K of Pie to watch 90% certain relegation from the football league...I bloody love this club.

Dunce
30-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Best supporters in the world. 👍👍

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 03:20 PM
I honestly think you could be right Dunce, my mate Steve - a proper passionate Wolves fan of 40 years - came with me to FGR, Cheltenham and Crawley and just couldn't believe the support, the numbers, the noise. He's a secondary Notts fan now, just for that! Wore a shirt at Crawley haha. It's nice when an outsider can tell you how ace your fans are!

marky
30-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Can see it turning really ugly if Notts go down which is very likely, especially if Notts play badly.

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 03:39 PM
I dunno, most know if not all going know the most likely outcome is relegation, as long as we play up and win the game, i reckon it'll be alright. there'll be boos mostly for Ardley I expect but like I say if Notts win I don't think it'll be toxic.

slack_pie
30-04-2019, 04:34 PM
I dunno, most know if not all going know the most likely outcome is relegation, as long as we play up and win the game, i reckon it'll be alright. there'll be boos mostly for Ardley I expect but like I say if Notts win I don't think it'll be toxic.

This. We're already down barring a miracle. I think people might want to blow off steam and have a bit of fun rather than kick off. It would be different if we threw it away on the last day, but it's already thrown.

Glad2BeAPie
30-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Let's see how many turn up at Meadow Lane next season if we get relegated.

i961pie
30-04-2019, 05:16 PM

Especially if our first home game is against someone like Dover or Boreham Wood, how exciting.

JoePass
30-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Especially if our first home game is against someone like Dover or Boreham Wood, how exciting.

I could not care one bit who it is. I will be there to support my club.

countygump
30-04-2019, 05:26 PM
I could not care one bit who it is. I will be there to support my club.

It wouldn't matter to a lot of our fans if we played in the Central League, they'd still show up. Is that blind allegiance or just being a supporter? Gawd knows but being the pr@t that I am, I'll most prob be there as well.

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Hell you're not a pr@t or anywhere near it...I always say "it's not a choice", I can't do anything about it. You cut us open and we bleed black and white. Full. Stop.

slack_pie
30-04-2019, 05:31 PM
It wouldn't matter to a lot of our fans if we played in the Central League, they'd still show up. Is that blind allegiance or just being a supporter? Gawd knows but being the pr@t that I am, I'll most prob be there as well.

It will be interesting to see what kind of gates we get next year, assuming we go down. I guess it all depends on what happens with the takeover and how the season goes. Fans respond to optimism and results no matter what division we're in. But if end up struggling again and the new owners (if they exist) make the same old mistakes, I can see fans staying away.

countygump
30-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Hell you're not a pr@t or anywhere near it...I always say "it's not a choice", I can't do anything about it. You cut us open and we bleed black and white. Full. Stop.

True. I understand when your under the underdog spell, it doesn't matter if the underdog goes under. Undoubtedly makes them more of and underdog then? Ay?????

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 05:39 PM
The underest dog!

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Up to 1900 underest dogs.

TSANHO
30-04-2019, 09:34 PM
It will be interesting to see what kind of gates we get next year, assuming we go down. I guess it all depends on what happens with the takeover and how the season goes. Fans respond to optimism and results no matter what division we're in. But if end up struggling again and the new owners (if they exist) make the same old mistakes, I can see fans staying away.

If people find the match day experience entertaining and look forward to said match day throughout the week, and can also stomach garbage football, then there is nothing at all ‘prattish’ about following Notts, whether they play in the Premier League or the Vanarama League.

What does strike me as odd are people who follow the club even though they hate the owners, the manager, the players and the way the team plays, moan about it all on message boards throughout the week and yet still continue to pay the best part of 50 quid (all in) a match every other week regardless of being entertained or not. It’s more of an addiction than an enjoyable pastime then.

Some folk on here could do with a break from Notts to work out if they actually enjoy going or just trudge down out of habit. I was once one of ‘them’, I’m much happier now I’ve broke the habit.

MAD_MAGPIE
30-04-2019, 09:36 PM

What we need to do if we do go down is not get into the mindset of being a non-league club. Even though we would be.

The club would need to be ran like a football league club. I’m sure many fans after they have had three months to get used to being relegated would be back with renewed optimism.

At the end of the day it’s our club and if we drop it will need the fans support more than ever to help get the club back to the football league. I fully understand if people don’t want to watch non-league football and that’s their choice. It makes them no less of a fan.

Footballs a funny game. It doesn’t matter what level you play at, a goal is a goal and a win is a win. Score goals, put in good performances and win more games than we lose and people who say they won’t watch non-league football may be encouraged to return.

SwalePie
01-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Passed 2,000 sold now...

Tickets for Notts County's Sky Bet League Two trip to Swindon Town will go off sale at 4.30pm on Friday 3 May.
This is an all-ticket fixture for Notts supporters. Away tickets must be purchased in advance.
As of 2.30pm on Wednesday, 2,050 tickets have been sold out of Notts' total allocation of 2,500.
Covered, seated tickets along the side of the pitch in the Arkell's Stand are sold out. Tickets are now only being sold in the uncovered Stratton Bank area behind the goal.
Supporters who will be collecting tickets at Swindon on matchday can do so from the away ticket office.

hissingdwarf
01-05-2019, 03:16 PM
I’ve got to say, the only major high point about this season is the continued support, home and away.
When you look back over the past couple of years, our attendance has gone steadily up, even though for a season and a half we’ve served up crap.
Most Notts fans will be back next season and we’ll be well supported, which ever division we are in. Once they’ve got you hooked, it’s impossible to get away!
As someone said in an earlier thread...we need to focus just like Orient did. Their fan base stayed with them through the darkest of times and they’ve come out the other side all the better for it. We need to do exactly the same. Keep the fans with us, laser point accuracy when making decisions and above all, keeping cheering the Pies on.

pravda_plc
01-05-2019, 05:39 PM
And our old pals up the A50 have sold _ _ _ _ for their crunch game...

https://twitter.com/mansfieldtownfc/status/1123617271342145537/photo/1

1862tonez
01-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Wish i could be there with you lads, make plenty of noise as i know you will, miracles do and will happen. #STAYING UP.

Scanlon's Hatrick
02-05-2019, 07:09 AM

Pretty good definitely BUT they are probably going to see their team get promoted, we are very likely going to see ours relegated to non league for the first time

Huge difference.

LaxtonLad
02-05-2019, 07:37 AM

Any old excuse to get out of Gomorrah. It's more than they get for a home game, few away supporters want to "enjoy" the delights of Mansfield's third-world stadium and their Neanderthal supporters.

queenslandpie
02-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Any old excuse to get out of Gomorrah. It's more than they get for a home game, few away supporters want to "enjoy" the delights of Mansfield's third-world stadium and their Neanderthal supporters.

Bought my ifollow ticket today.

C'mon Notts. Generally I don't predict things but I have a sneaky suspicion that it is important we win this weekend and not because Macc wont.

The-Mac pie
02-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Gunna need those jumper for goalposts out..
Gunna be a windy cold one

1862tonez
03-05-2019, 06:02 PM
How many was sold?

irishpete
03-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Scoop mentioned being roared on by 2200. Not as good as you would expect but the writing is on the wall

BigFatPie
03-05-2019, 06:10 PM
2269 according to the club. Safe journey to them all and let’s hope we get a surprise.

1862tonez
03-05-2019, 06:24 PM

1862tonez
03-05-2019, 06:27 PM
...........and the miracle will happen COYP

navypie
03-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Me and lad-O will be setting off around 10.30. Come-on-you-stylish Magpies. If it all goes well look out for a kid swinging from a crossbar, unless my lad stops me.

Scanlon's Hatrick
03-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Scoop mentioned being roared on by 2200. Not as good as you would expect but the writing is on the wall

Pretty good effort given we are probably going to witness our team relegated.
Any Johnny Come Lately can have a day out to celebrate promotion

irishpete
03-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Pretty good effort given we are probably going to witness our team relegated.
Any Johnny Come Lately can have a day out to celebrate promotion

Yeah,look at the slaggies following tomorrow.More than their home gates

JoePass
03-05-2019, 07:09 PM
Yeah,look at the slaggies following tomorrow.More than their home gates

Thats why we need Brexit, to keep all these undesirables away from our area....

PedroTheFisherman66
04-05-2019, 12:16 PM
2269 according to the club. Safe journey to them all and let’s hope we get a surprise.
Not bad for a tin pot club..!