View Full Version : Macc Players and Staff Not Paid Again

SwalePie
30-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Another straw to clutch...

Macclesfield Town players and staff not paid on time for third successive month
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48113251

Chicken Balti Pie
30-04-2019, 04:58 PM
They haven't been paid on time for the last couple of months. Again, another club that has a winding up order on them

countygump
30-04-2019, 05:20 PM
They haven't been paid on time for the last couple of months. Again, another club that has a winding up order on them

Let's hope they're not paid before Sat and they take the field well pished off.

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Be nice wouldn't it?Their players have been stoic playing as hard as they have and not being paid for 2 months...hoping tuesday's non payment could the straw that broke etc.

sidders
30-04-2019, 05:34 PM
And of course they are in a great position to hold the club to ransom a la Notlob.

apieandpint
30-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Be nice wouldn't it?Their players have been stoic playing as hard as they have and not being paid for 2 months...hoping tuesday's non payment could the straw that broke etc.

As far as I am aware, the Macclesfield players have never, not been paid. They've only ever been paid late.

Ben the Pie
30-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Ah ok, thanks for squaring that for me, my mistake.

irishpete
30-04-2019, 07:59 PM
As far as I am aware, the Macclesfield players have never, not been paid. They've only ever been paid late.

Thats what I understand as well.Don't know why the media are making a big thing about it. They are getting paid,just not on the due date.More important have Notts' players been paid?

Freeman25
30-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Campbell's probably got enough spare change down the back of his sofa to pay their wages and I expect if it helped him keep them up and more importantly to him, make himself a hero he would do it without thinking twice.

SwalePie
30-04-2019, 08:37 PM

That's correct

Bohinen
30-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Obviously this is relevant to us. Whether they have been paid late or not at all doesn't matter, it shows they still have financial difficulties and they do have a further court hearing relating to their original winding up order - last time they were given more time to settle their debts. There must be a small chance they will go into admin and therefore get a points deduction that would keep us up. There's far more chance of that than Bolton going bust or getting expelled from the league.

durhampie
30-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Let's hope they're not paid before Sat and they take the field well pished off.

Not being paid before previous matches has not affected their form. I think we are clutching at straws if we think otherwise..