PDA

View Full Version : Important to Finish Above Yeovil

nottscol
01-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Okay this is desperate straw-clutching, but at least three league clubs are in crisis and could face dissolution or administration. If this happened to just one of them it could mean a reprieve for the club finishing 23rd. So if we can't finish 22nd we need to finish 23rd. So we must win on Saturday whatever happens at Macclesfield.

upthemaggies
01-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Okay this is desperate straw-clutching, but at least three league clubs are in crisis and could face dissolution or administration. If this happened to just one of them it could mean a reprieve for the club finishing 23rd. So if we can't finish 22nd we need to finish 23rd. So we must win on Saturday whatever happens at Macclesfield.

Absolutely.

They've been talking about Bolton on talkSport this morning and I think they are going to return to the subject later this morning to discuss what might happen next.

countygump
01-05-2019, 09:42 AM

Just as a matter of interest, when was the last time a club in the Football League went bust? Anyone?

upthemaggies
01-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Just as a matter of interest, when was the last time a club in the Football League went bust? Anyone?

Off the top of my head, Aldershot and Maidstone in the early 90s, I think both had their results up to that point expunged and there was no relegation from L2 those seasons (It was just one down in those days).

pielover
01-05-2019, 09:58 AM

Couple of points....

I'm not sure I'd want (or if we in any way we deserve) us staying in the FL at the cost of a football club, and I certainly won't be wishing for it. I have so much respect for Macclesfield, players on a fraction of what ours are, being paid late, and still seemingly showing far more desire and passion than our lot.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, it's very likely that our club will be a "crisis club" (if it isn't already) within the next week or so. Non league and over £8m in debt....hmmmm.

upthemaggies
01-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Sounds like Gateshead are about to implode as well, which would mean Aldershot staying up in the 5th tier.

sidders
01-05-2019, 11:08 AM
I'm afraid that too many on here are assuming our own future is hunky dory so far as things financial are concerned. The thinking at 'the top' may well have been 'if we can limp through to the end of the season, we can get outa here when the sh i t hits the fan'.
Take nothing for granted, chaps.

jonnyt1
01-05-2019, 12:07 PM
I agree with Sidders.

We face a very tangible threat to our existence.

legs77
01-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Couple of points....

I'm not sure I'd want (or if we in any way we deserve) us staying in the FL at the cost of a football club, and I certainly won't be wishing for it. I have so much respect for Macclesfield, players on a fraction of what ours are, being paid late, and still seemingly showing far more desire and passion than our lot.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, it's very likely that our club will be a "crisis club" (if it isn't already) within the next week or so. Non league and over £8m in debt....hmmmm.

Spot on we seem to be thinking we are going to be ok because of a few soundbites from Slater/Curtis we do not know for a fact if we will get taken over or if we are going to be in admin / go bust ourselves.

I find it morally wrong that a few are providing daily updates pretty much hoping teams go bust be careful what you wish for is all I will say.

irishpete
01-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Spot on we seem to be thinking we are going to be ok because of a few soundbites from Slater/Curtis we do not know for a fact if we will get taken over or if we are going to be in admin / go bust ourselves.

I find it morally wrong that a few are providing daily updates pretty much hoping teams go bust be careful what you wish for is all I will say.

Couldn't give 2 fcuks if Bolton went to the wall.Same as when the company I worked for went bust,just into a mortgage,a baby on the way.Was anybody bothered apart from me the wife & immediate family?NO

legs77
01-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Couldn't give 2 fcuks if Bolton went to the wall.Same as when the company I worked for went bust,just into a mortgage,a baby on the way.Was anybody bothered apart from me the wife & immediate family?NO

Well if they go because of bad debts then that is life but what i'm saying is we could go the same way yet and if that happens that is me done with Notts as I most certainly wouldn't bother with AFC Notts County.

irishpete
01-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Well if they go because of bad debts then that is life but what i'm saying is we could go the same way yet and if that happens that is me done with Notts as I most certainly wouldn't bother with AFC Notts County.

That is why they are in bother.Bad debts. They were close to it when Holdsworth purchased them

upthemaggies
01-05-2019, 12:40 PM

We need to be motivated to beat Swindon even if Macc go 3-0 up. Why should we allow Yeovil to benefit from another club's demise if that's what it comes to?

legs77
01-05-2019, 01:03 PM
We need to be motivated to beat Swindon even if Macc go 3-0 up. Why should we allow Yeovil to benefit from another club's demise if that's what it comes to?

Where did I mention anything about our result at Swindon ?

Of course I want us to win so if we take care of our own result then Yeovil cannot finish above us.

Lets hope things go our way not long to find out.

legs77
01-05-2019, 01:04 PM
That is why they are in bother.Bad debts. They were close to it when Holdsworth purchased them

True they must have worst accountants than us spent the best part of a decade in the premier league and are in bigger debt than if they didn't get to the "promised land" !

upthemaggies
01-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Where did I mention anything about our result at Swindon ?

Of course I want us to win so if we take care of our own result then Yeovil cannot finish above us.

Lets hope things go our way not long to find out.

The point is, the players, fans and the club as a whole needs to be aware that there is a chance that we still might stay up even if Macc take the lead v Cambridge. That's why it's important to raise awareness of the Bolton situation. Don't give up if there's bad news from Moss Rose.

legs77
01-05-2019, 01:40 PM
The point is, the players, fans and the club as a whole needs to be aware that there is a chance that we still might stay up even if Macc take the lead v Cambridge. That's why it's important to raise awareness of the Bolton situation. Don't give up if there's bad news from Moss Rose.

Well you'd think the "leadership team" at Notts would be drumming this message to the players.

At the rate it is going with clubs in money troubles the team in 18th place in the National league has a chance of getting promoted !

irishpete
01-05-2019, 01:57 PM
True they must have worst accountants than us spent the best part of a decade in the premier league and are in bigger debt than if they didn't get to the "promised land" !

Yeah,Who was the manager at the time? :D

legs77
01-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Yeah,Who was the manager at the time? :D

DJ Sammy ?!

Now I know why Gartside was so keen for a premier league 2 he must have seen the money was leaking out of the club.

queenslandpie
01-05-2019, 08:35 PM
I agree with Sidders.

We face a very tangible threat to our existence.

I also worry about being put into Admin. We will exist always but in what form who knows.

SmiffyPie
01-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Well you'd think the "leadership team" at Notts would be drumming this message to the players.Do you really think the players could be convinced to care one jot about NCFC? They don't give a flying phuck!!!

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
01-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Do you really think the players could be convinced to care one jot about NCFC? They don't give a flying phuck!!!

Agreed !

legs77
01-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Do you really think the players could be convinced to care one jot about NCFC? They don't give a flying phuck!!!

No I don’t we will probably find a way to still finish bottom we have got comfortable in that position all season !