PDA

View Full Version : Ardley doesn't like being Notts manager

Woodypie
03-05-2019, 09:15 AM
According to Post. Doesn't inspire confidence, does it?

countygump
03-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Neither does he in all truth.

irishpete
03-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Hopefully his bags are packed

i961pie
03-05-2019, 09:36 AM

Well I saw his interview and he said he likes it here and he hopes to be here next season whether we go down or not????

countygump
03-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Well I saw his interview and he said he likes it here and he hopes to be here next season whether we go down or not????

Gawd help us:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/many-things-gone-enjoy-being-2825252

irishpete
03-05-2019, 09:45 AM
2 stories in the red rag yesterday complete opposites.

Biker9999
03-05-2019, 09:53 AM
You have twisted what he said and the context it was related to. How could anyone overall enjoy working at Meadow Lane in the current circumstances, he said he likes working with the player etc so I can't see how his honesty could be reflected by supporters as them not having confidence in him.

irishpete
03-05-2019, 09:58 AM
His tactics ,useless

sidders
03-05-2019, 10:02 AM
It would be so much better if Notts had a manager who could tell massive porkies and say what an enjoyable and relaxing time it had been this season.
Some ****ing people...

LaxtonLad
03-05-2019, 10:07 AM
I don't think he means Notts County the club I think he means he doesn't like the situation. Any manager would prefer to manage a top-flight, money-no-object club to a struggling relegation-almost-certs like us.

Who can know the future though? A billionaire comes along, likes what he sees in Nottingham and is entranced by the idea of owning a world famous and historic old English club like what we are. He may know that clubs like Swansea, Cardiff and Bournemouth have hit the big time after years in the wilderness, so why can't Notts? He could restore us back(?) in the league with a five year plan to reach the Championship (where have I heard that before?) and become a living legend with his statue alongside Jimmy and Jack.

countygump
03-05-2019, 10:13 AM
It would be so much better if Notts had a manager who could tell massive porkies and say what an enjoyable and relaxing time it had been this season.
Some ****ing people...

It would have been even better if we had actually employed a manager to get us out of the chit we're in, rather the one whose tactics??? were so negative that he actually managed to make our chit-storm of a season even worse. Some ****ing people.

irishpete
03-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Good one gump😁

keldsyke
03-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Hopefully he will be here next year and be able to manage under a more stable situation.

LaxtonLad
03-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Hopefully he will be here next year and be able to manage under a more stable situation.

"Stable"? Your cue, EP.

Woodypie
03-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Some ****ing people... I would have thought he was probably aware of much of the situation when he took the job.

Elite_Pie
03-05-2019, 10:47 AM
"Stable"? Your cue, EP.

I think TheBlackHorse deserves first go.

SmiffyPie
03-05-2019, 10:53 AM
It would have been even better if we had actually employed a manager to get us out of the chit we're in, rather the one whose tactics??? were so negative that he actually managed to make our chit-storm of a season even worse. Some ****ing people.Any manager within our budget would have either struggled or left within weeks given the crap that's gone on at Meadow Lane during this (and last) season.

irishpete
03-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Any manager within our budget would have either struggled or left within weeks given the crap that's gone on at Meadow Lane during this (and last) season.

Think you will find,Managers that were available,knew about AH meddling.Also when you slag off interviewees in Public,won't go down well with Agents as well

countygump
03-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Deffo not worth a look?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48139305

irishpete
03-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Pedro will be on tonight putting his name forward again for the ump****th time

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Deffo not worth a look?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48139305

just got aldershot relegated and looked good for a short spell a decade ago
he's a shoe in for notts

upthemaggies
03-05-2019, 12:49 PM
When was the last time we brought in a manager who was actually doing well in the top half of the table with his club at the time, Billy Dearden?

I think everybody since has either been out of work after being sacked, a first time punt, battling relegation elsewhere or a youth/reserves coach.

The-Mac pie
03-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Some ****ing people...

We should stick with Ardley...
The fecking managerial merry go-round is ridiculous at this club..
He’s not a bad manager,person,..
We all have our opinions and that’s what forums are for,but seriously now folks,who would enjoy managing notts county at the moment ,and who would be successful here...
The fecking players and players only have let this club down and us supporters are looking to blame someone...
He’s big enough to stand up and take the brunt of criticism that the sheite players have served up,and they have been sheite bar 3-4 games this season...
He has stopped leaking goals like we were,plugged some gaps with players on loan,and if we had 5-6 more players like he bought in on loan,we would be fine...
He’s working with inept players that could not pull a fecking carrot out of the ground...
Ardley is an honest working man,and I believe he loves this club and has a passion to see things through....
So let’s get another manager in,give him 15 games and decide he’s not good enough....again...sack him and try something else...
We need stability...and need to get rid of 90 percent of the playing staff...
Little rant over...
I’m pished off as I cannot make tomorrow due to injury...
Was hoping to make it but can’t walk more than 10 steps atm..
So all you fans making it.......tomorrow
Sing loud and louder than ever before to back us over that winning line...
You supporters this season have been incredible..superb...
Come on notts we just might be able to do this..

maddogslater
03-05-2019, 01:26 PM
It would have been even better if we had actually employed a manager to get us out of the chit we're in, rather the one whose tactics??? were so negative that he actually managed to make our chit-storm of a season even worse. Some ****ing people.
Bangs on about the 9 points deficit had to pull back since February ! He put us nine points behind the twonk.

upthemaggies
03-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Bangs on about the 9 points deficit had to pull back since February ! He put us nine points behind the twonk.

Ardley has almost certainly been brought in on a short term contract on a short-term goal. To keep us in this division. That was the whole point in him being hired, there was no long term thinking, he just had/has to keep us up. He succeeds or fails on that basis.

Mapperleypie
03-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Ardley has almost certainly been brought in on a short term contract on a short-term goal. To keep us in this division. That was the whole point in him being hired, there was no long term thinking, he just had/has to keep us up. He succeeds or fails on that basis.

Exactly this.

McCullochisGod
03-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Some ****ing people...

Ah yes..! You mean just like the owner?

TSANHO
03-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Ah yes..! You mean just like the owner?

😴 😴 😴 💤

kill_the_drum
03-05-2019, 03:27 PM

As someone else already stated, this is taken completely out of context.
Some of our fans (myself included) can't stand hearing the same party line being spouted over and over again, and some don't like hearing honest assessments.
He's clearly not happy with all the off field events that have happened since he joined. How does that make him any different to what we've all witnessed and felt this season?

irishpete
03-05-2019, 03:41 PM
If he was honest,he'd say I have fcuked up in games we should have won.I got my tactics wrong.Not seen that have you?Thats being honest

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 03:46 PM

P GD PTS
17 Yeovil Town 18 2 21
18 Swindon Town 18 -7 21
19 Morecambe FC 18 -11 20
20 Grimsby Town 18 -11 18
21 Cambridge United 18 -13 18
22 Cheltenham Town 18 -9 17
23 Notts County 18 -19 14
24 Macclesfield Town 18 -23 7

this is where we were after just losing 3-0 to cheltenham in november ardley joined the week after on 23/11/18 and his first game was morecambe away 1-1, tbf he'd only been there a day so his first game proper was 1-1 at home to carlisle

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 03:58 PM
P GD PTS
17 Yeovil Town 18 2 21
18 Swindon Town 18 -7 21
19 Morecambe FC 18 -11 20
20 Grimsby Town 18 -11 18
21 Cambridge United 18 -13 18
22 Cheltenham Town 18 -9 17
23 Notts County 18 -19 14
24 Macclesfield Town 18 -23 7

this is where we were after just losing 3-0 to cheltenham in november ardley joined the week after on 23/11/18 and his first game was morecambe away 1-1, tbf he'd only been there a day so his first game proper was 1-1 at home to carlisle

now that im looking back over the scores and when the managers were sacked it seems like hardy may have been a bit rash both times, nolan had a tough start to the season first day we lost to an injury time goal at cambridge he lost to lincoln(no disgrace) and newport (95th minute winner)away and forest green at home because of a dan jones red card fair enough yeovil tonking us 4-0 wasnt his finest hour but i wonder where we'd be if hed stuck with him
kewell wasnt doing too badly at all 3 wins on the spin cheated out of the points at MKdonalds and late goals costing us 3 points in the games at swindon and port vale it looks too me like he got the boot because hardy wanted /needed a cup run and we got spanked by barnsley

also interesting to note how bad yeovil were second half of the seasonany other year we'd have been rooted to the bottom cut adrift and been relegated a long time back and worth noting how good a job sol campbell has done macc looked dead and buried back in november
cheltenham stuck with their manager and they will finish the season around the 60 point mark somewhere near mid table

ancientpie
03-05-2019, 04:16 PM
My main worry with Ardley is that he seems so proud with taking us into the last day with a mathematical chance of survival, whereas imo being just a bit braver & a bit more positive both in his selection & his tactics could well of earned us the extra 3 points that we realistically need to stand a fair chance. He argues that if we had been more positive we could have been out of it by now but all that matters is where we finish& he should go or stay based on that.

Chicken Balti Pie
03-05-2019, 04:25 PM
My main worry with Ardley is that he seems so proud with taking us into the last day with a mathematical chance of survival, whereas imo being just a bit braver & a bit more positive both in his selection & his tactics could well of earned us the extra 3 points that we realistically need to stand a fair chance. He argues that if we had been more positive we could have been out of it by now but all that matters is where we finish& he should go or stay based on that.

Had Stead put his penalty in against Bury and he not pushed players forward against Exeter, we'd be a point ahead of Macclesfield and in the driving seat.

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Had Stead put his penalty in against Bury and he not pushed players forward against Exeter, we'd be a point ahead of Macclesfield and in the driving seat.

and had john akinde scored his 87th minute penalty we'd be down already

navypie
03-05-2019, 04:53 PM
and had john akinde scored his 87th minute penalty we'd be down already

Had Morecambe been given( and scored ) the most obvious I have ever seen, we might be down already.

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Had Morecambe been given( and scored ) the most obvious I have ever seen, we might be down already.

if only we'd just beaten bradford in the playoff final non of this would be happening;D

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 04:58 PM
if only we'd just beaten bradford in the playoff final non of this would be happening;D

its all stallards fault

TheBlackHorse
03-05-2019, 05:06 PM
... you're all missing the cause - it's the cheating Duffer who's at fault. No leader and a bully on the pitch. If you give it out you have to be good; he's poor ...

jackal2
03-05-2019, 05:08 PM
You have twisted what he said and the context it was related to. How could anyone overall enjoy working at Meadow Lane in the current circumstances.

Absolutely!

Ardley is actually giving refreshingly honest answers to questions rather than the usual manager speak. If he had enjoyed the past eight months I would be far more worried.

countygump
03-05-2019, 05:09 PM

If only we'd managed to stay in Div 1 the year it became the Prem, the story would be sooooo different. You could play these games forever. Truth is, we've been chit all season and in the end, you get what you deserve, as painful as it is gonna be.

navypie
03-05-2019, 05:16 PM
If only we'd managed to stay in Div 1 the year it became the Prem, the story would be sooooo different. You could play these games forever. Truth is, we've been chit all season and in the end, you get what you deserve, as painful as it is gonna be.

If only if only.............If only we had all realized Enzio is crap.

keldsyke
03-05-2019, 05:18 PM

If Hemmings would have scored that penalty instead of grabbing the ball out of Stead’s hands and then missing it....

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 05:27 PM
If only if only.............If only we had all realized Enzio is crap.

thats the press fault they kept calling him a livewire and a gamechanger and we all beleived it for ages like idiots

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 05:31 PM

i often wonder if luton hate us for that season, last day of the season we were down already and by beating them we took them down too they'd been in it for 10 years and we're aways surviving by the skin of their teeth
they've arguably had as bad a time since 92 as we have but thankfully for them they're back on the rise and will have gone from -30 points in league 2 and relegation to the conference to being back to the championship next season good luck to em and i hope we can learn some lessons from how they did it

navypie
03-05-2019, 06:02 PM
thats the press fault they kept calling him a livewire and a gamechanger and we all beleived it for ages like idiots

To quote Mark Twain " It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" Ricky Green ( in my opinion)was the worst ever signing we ever made.Given where we find ourselves now and much he cost, Enzio takes the crown. Never, on a football field as a man owed so much, to so many, but given so little.

irishpete
03-05-2019, 06:04 PM
To quote Mark Twain " It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" Ricky Green ( in my opinion)was the worst ever signing we ever made, given where we are now and much he cost, Enzio takes the crown. Never, on a football field as a man owed so much but given so little.

Agana wasn't far behind.Could tackle himself

nw6pie
04-05-2019, 07:35 AM

Swindon were in the Prem, doesn’t seem to have been that much of a game-changer for them. And of course, then there’s Bolton and their mountain of debt accrued over many years in the top flight.

In answer to another poster, Ardley’s first league game in charge was the 0-2 at Mansfield.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 08:02 AM
Swindon were in the Prem, doesn’t seem to have been that much of a game-changer for them. And of course, then there’s Bolton and their mountain of debt accrued over many years in the top flight.

In answer to another poster, Ardley’s first league game in charge was the 0-2 at Mansfield.

yes you are right he was appointed 2 games earlier but wasn't he going on holiday so didn't take charge of the two draws we had leading into the derby

Old_pie
04-05-2019, 09:24 AM
yes you are right he was appointed 2 games earlier but wasn't he going on holiday so didn't take charge of the two draws we had leading into the derby

As I recall he was already on holiday which he interrupted to be interviewed and then cut short to join before the derby.

sidders
04-05-2019, 10:17 AM
To quote Mark Twain " It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" Ricky Green ( in my opinion)was the worst ever signing we ever made.Given where we find ourselves now and much he cost, Enzio takes the crown. Never, on a football field as a man owed so much, to so many, but given so little.

Your scholarship background with regard to Mark Twain sounds impressive, Naval gazer; I thought you sailors only read books with pictures in em... or maybe you just resort to Dr Google?