PDA

View Full Version : Tony Emslie on Nottingham live

The-Mac pie
03-05-2019, 01:10 PM
What a great post sir.
Please read on the web.
Just about sums everything us notts fans feel...

SwalePie
03-05-2019, 01:14 PM
What a great post sir.
Please read on the web.
Just about sums everything us notts fans feel...

Agreed. Bloody excellent read and I think he's summed up what many of us feel perfectly.

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 01:28 PM
jesus christ i nearly cried myself with all the rubbish we've had to endure over the years there have been some bloody good memories

countygump
03-05-2019, 02:47 PM
jesus christ i nearly cried myself with all the rubbish we've had to endure over the years there have been some bloody good memories

Here:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/i-woke-up-crying-notts-2828161

The-Mac pie
03-05-2019, 02:55 PM
Here:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/i-woke-up-crying-notts-2828161
Thanks gump..
Didn’t know how to upload

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 03:04 PM
Here:

i read it with a lump in my throat i have a lot of the same and similar memories, i sometimes forget how good its been with all the crap thats gone on
heres a few of mine

2 wembley trips with warnock i still had my heart in my mouth in injury time with 2 goal leads thinking we'd somehow lose and not get promoted sore throats for a week both times

gary lund side footing in last minute against man city in the snow cover fa cup tie watching us on match of the day that night looking for myself in the crowd

walking down the canal toe path with my dad buzzing as i saw the floodlights coming into view

away at shrewsbury one late week night coming back from 2 down to equalise late late on i remember it vividly and heard much later that this game was where the wheel barrow song first made an appearance

adey thorpe lifting his shoulders and ducking his head down as he was about to make another run down the wing

don o riordan smashing one in against tottenham (i was there but we were on tele too!!steve cherry got in shoot magazine) how we didnt win that day is still a mystery i'll never forgive gazza

phil turner and geoff pike giving out everton mints to us kids in the junior magpies corner

5 nil against bradford at home hughsies dance

loads more too so its not all been doom and gloom we've had some right good times and we'll be back to make some more COYP

Elite_Pie
03-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Certainly a passionate and heartfelt article in the link, but strangely not the way I'm feeling. I always hoped I would never see us in non-league, but our terminal illness has been dragging on for so long that I've been in the acceptance stage for a while. If we go down tomorrow it will be what I've programmed myself to accept ever since Yeovil beat us 0-4 at home. Back then it was just a bit of a possibility, but has gathered pace ever since. I have become so accustomed to inept performances that I've almost become desensitised to our fate. We can't complain about bad refereeing decisions, a crippling injury list or incredible bad luck. The way we have played over the course of the season we deserve to be where we are.

Don't get me wrong, I have already renewed my season ticket and am looking at next season in the National League as being yet another adventure in the rich and eventful journey of being a diehard Notts County fan. Even though it will cost me a few hundred quid in bets, I am desperately hoping for a miracle tomorrow but not expecting it.

JoePass
03-05-2019, 08:04 PM
We are Notts, we move on. Whatever the league, we support.

upthemaggies
03-05-2019, 08:07 PM
There was a time when I genuinely thought that a five season stint in the 3rd tier with the likes of Mick Waitt, Richard Young and Darren Davies finishing as low as 9th (ninth!!!) would be the lowest point I'd ever witness in my lifetime. That side would now look like the Busby Babes in comparison to what Notts fans have suffered this side of 2000. After Dikstra's own goal at Derby, I still felt it was only a matter of time before we'd return to the top flight. Seeing the size of the main stand construction that summer, it seemed implausible that we'd ever play in the lower league's again and yet, in the blink of a Russell Slade spell as manager...........

To think that all that's happened since might have come about because Mick Walker once swore at the chairman in front of the players.

SmiffyPie
03-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Certainly a passionate and heartfelt article in the link, but strangely not the way I'm feeling. I always hoped I would never see us in non-league, but our terminal illness has been dragging on for so long that I've been in the acceptance stage for a while. If we go down tomorrow it will be what I've programmed myself to accept ever since Yeovil beat us 0-4 at home. Back then it was just a bit of a possibility, but has gathered pace ever since. I have become so accustomed to inept performances that I've almost become desensitised to our fate. We can't complain about bad refereeing decisions, a crippling injury list or incredible bad luck. The way we have played over the course of the season we deserve to be where we are.Exactly how I feel but tinged with absolute disgust at the conduct and commitment of some of the players. Professional footballers? My R's.

JoePass
03-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Exactly how I feel but tinged with absolute disgust at the conduct and commitment of some of the players. Professional footballers? My R's.

Cant argue with that

navypie
03-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Wow , me and Tony are the same age and started supporting Notts around the same time. The walk from town down London Road. As two young excited kids we might have walked alongside each other.