PDA

View Full Version : Trying ifollow (in the US) for the first time. Any suggestions?

Thin_Man
03-05-2019, 05:26 PM
I'm in the US and haven't tried ifollow yet.

I understand that international users get actual live video of the match. Did I read that correctly?

I plan to watch via my PC. While I don't have a small monitor, I would like to view it on my larger TV. Has anyone had any experience casting the video to their television / Roku?

I've cleared my morning to take in the good (or bad) of Saturday.

Any help would be appreciated.

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 05:46 PM

I understand that international users get actual live video of the match. Did I read that correctly?

I plan to watch via my PC. While I don't have a small monitor, I would like to view it on my larger TV. Has anyone had any experience casting the video to their television / Roku?

get a browser add on free VPN in case when you sign in it tells you that its restricted in your country its something you can do very easily thatll save you heartache if it wont let you sign in at kick off time and then you end up scrambling around to find a work around as the match is going on personally i use mozilla firefox with the browsec VPN add on it lets any sites think im anywhere in the world i choose to be including the UK

Thin_Man
03-05-2019, 06:14 PM
get a browser add on free VPN in case when you sign in it tells you that its restricted in your country its something you can do very easily thatll save you heartache if it wont let you sign in at kick off time and then you end up scrambling around to find a work around as the match is going on personally i use mozilla firefox with the browsec VPN add on it lets any sites think im anywhere in the world i choose to be including the UK

Thanks. I will look into that add-on for future use. I think ifollow needs to see that I'm in the US, to show the video. I think the UK only get the audio.

nw6pie
04-05-2019, 07:21 AM

I occasionally hook the computer up to the TV via a HDMI cable and watch iFollow that way. But the picture is clearest on the computer screen, so I generally watch that way. After a few teething problems at the start of the season (and one appalling viewing position at Oldham), the service overall has been excellent. Just a shame about most the performances we’ve had to endure.

ThaiPie
04-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Don't use a UK registered credit card. I made this mistake first time I bought a match pass and couldn't view. (It apparently says this in the Ts & Cs but its not oblivious)

Have a great day! :P