PDA

View Full Version : Tonight of all nights....

SwalePie
03-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Can we all just band together as fellow fans for this next 20+ hours and hope for the best tomorrow as one instead of falling out, arguing and throwing around insults? There will be plenty of time for recriminations whatever happens tomorrow afternoon.

COME ON YOU PIES.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
03-05-2019, 06:09 PM
So you are banning elite then ?

Elite_Pie
03-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Only in your dreams sadboy.

Ben the Pie
03-05-2019, 06:17 PM
I agree Swale, the love of Notts binds us all, however we may see different aspects differently.
If I met any of you for the first time tonight, and you said you were a Notts fan, I'd buy you a drink or a cup of tea and put a hand on your shoulder.
And we would know how each other was feeling.
All Notts aren't we.

irishpete
03-05-2019, 06:26 PM
I agree Swale, the love of Notts binds us all, however we may see different aspects differently.
If I met any of you for the first time tonight, and you said you were a Notts fan, I'd buy you a drink or a cup of tea and put a hand on your shoulder.
And we would know how each other was feeling.
All Notts aren't we.

You put your hand on my shoulder,you'd get a slap :D:D

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:29 PM
I love the club but i think whats best for us in the long term is to go down and start over, sure itll hurt for a little bit but in the long run i think itll be better for us than scraping survival and doing this all again for the next ten years of misery
saying that if we do pull a miracle out of bag i dont think i'll be crying into my cornflakes in the morning so i'll put aside my pessimism for 24 hours and hope we can do the impossible and the stars will align and we'll start next year with new owners new manager and new players and we'll be heading towards league 1 and skip all the hassle of going down

swindon 0-notts 3
macc 0 cambridge 1 95th minute penalty

att 1862

COYP

pravda_plc
03-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Well i've got the beers in - and the heavy duty stuff - win or lose I shall succumb to booze !

If you'll pardon the pun, it's a very sobering thought that the odds are that we will be a non-league team this time tomorrow.

P.S. Is the Samaritans hotline open on a Bank Holiday weekend? XD :blue: XD

COYP ! COYP ! COYP !

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:31 PM
i didnt even know it was a bank holiday weekend you've already made my weekend with that post reminder... get in!

countygump
03-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Can we all just band together as fellow fans for this next 20+ hours and hope for the best tomorrow as one instead of falling out, arguing and throwing around insults? There will be plenty of time for recriminations whatever happens tomorrow afternoon.

COME ON YOU PIES.

Get stuffed.

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Get stuffed.

countygrump has spoken :p

irishpete
03-05-2019, 06:37 PM

COME ON YOU PIES.

Be no fun on here if we did that,Swale
Can't wait til tomorrow night ;)

navypie
03-05-2019, 06:39 PM

COME ON YOU PIES.

Like a band of brothers?

countygump
03-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Like a band of brothers?

Like a band on the run?

upthemaggies
03-05-2019, 06:41 PM
I'd given up all hope that we were going to stay up after the Cambridge home defeat. The reality of the situation kicked in after Crawley away and I'm now in a state of sheer panic and I will refuse to accept that we've been relegated until I see next season's fixture list.

SwalePie
03-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Like a band on the run?

If it's a winning run I'm all in ;)

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:44 PM
I'd given up all hope that we were going to stay up after the Cambridge home defeat. The reality of the situation kicked in after Crawley away and I'm now in a state of sheer panic and I will refuse to accept that we've been relegated until I see next season's fixture list.

forget the efl we're man city next year in non league and ardley is pep guardiola bring it on:P

60YearsAPie
03-05-2019, 06:45 PM
Like a band of brothers?

Like a band on the run?

Like a rubber band, we'll come bouncing back

irishpete
03-05-2019, 06:48 PM
forget the efl we're man city next year in non league and ardley is pep guardiola bring it on:P

First part of the sentence u were doing good,then ruined it

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:50 PM
First part of the sentence u were doing good,then ruined it

im trying to be positive ;D

tommopie8
03-05-2019, 06:50 PM
In what sense are we the Man City of non-league? We're the Sunderland of non-league. We'll have bigger attendances than most if not all, but due to years of mismanagement and bad decisions we're about to be two leagues below where we should be.

countygump
03-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Like a rubber band, we'll come bouncing back

Shouldn't that be 'rubber ball'?

Anyhoo, went to see my local Doc. sez to him, 'There's a voice coming from my underwear Doc and it's giving me really bad advice'. 'Ignore it', sez he, 'It's talking bollox'.

Well I'm Countygump and you've been a lovely audience, I'm here all week, boom, boom.

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:51 PM
im trying to be positive ;D

maybe poop guardiola

Dunce
03-05-2019, 06:52 PM

You go blind drinking that stuff youth. 🤣

bridpie78
03-05-2019, 06:53 PM
In what sense are we the Man City of non-league? We're the Sunderland of non-league. We'll have bigger attendances than most if not all, but due to years of mismanagement and bad decisions we're about to be two leagues below where we should be.

it was tongue in cheek, chill out its only non league and tbf we'd probably be the florist of non league we won something once a long time ago and we keep going on about it but now we're run by idiots and we'll never be successful again

navypie
03-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Like a band of brothers?

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

SwalePie
03-05-2019, 06:59 PM

Or to use a more modern line...'May the fourth be with us'

Dunce
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Wasnt he the specky four eyed kid off George and Mildred??

navypie
03-05-2019, 07:02 PM

It can only help.

countygump
03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Or to use a more modern line...'May the fourth be with us'

Orrr, as in the line from that well known song, 'The fourth cut is the deepest'.

tommopie8
03-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Since I started watching in 97/98, we've played 9 of the teams in the league who will be in the National League next season. Torquay and Stockport up from below - we've played no league game against any of the play-off teams from North or South) and only Wrexham might knock it down to 8. Contrast that with up to 14 from the Championship.

Probably won't be a great deal difference in standard in the top half of the league as this season in our games versus the teams at the bottom.

JoePass
03-05-2019, 07:05 PM
Orrr, as in the line from that well known song, 'The fourth cut is the deepest'.

BUT...we are Notts County, we move on to glory.

upthemaggies
03-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Luton were a big club at 5th tier level but their ground was almost non-league standard, I think it would be reasonable to suggest that, all things considered, Notts would be the biggest club ever to 'grace' that division. The majority of the teams down there would treat a league fixture against us like it's a plum 1st or 2nd round FA Cup tie. You'd just hope that we'd soon get used to it and that our better experience of the 'big occasion' would put us at an advantage.

navypie
03-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Luton were a big club at 5th tier level but their ground was almost non-league standard, I think it would be reasonable to suggest that, all things considered, Notts would be the biggest club ever to 'grace' that division. The majority of the teams down there would treat a league fixture against us like it's a plum 1st or 2nd round FA Cup tie. You'd just hope that we'd soon get used to it and that our better experience of the 'big occasion' would put us at an advantage.

There is no "almost" about it. Just like the town, a dump.

60YearsAPie
03-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Shouldn't that be 'rubber ball'?

Yes but as you were talking bands and not balls (for a change ;D) I altered it.

legs77
03-05-2019, 09:46 PM

I hope our fans don’t have this mindset when we go down it’s going to be a very tough slog.

I remember baldie saying we will be a Man City this season in league two look how that turned out :O

Big Bob
03-05-2019, 11:11 PM
Whatever Saturday brings, we'll all be still on here throwing the banter around and shouting the pies on as usual next season

downunderpie
04-05-2019, 04:31 AM
BUT...we are Notts County, we move on to glory.

That sounds ominous.

MAD_MAGPIE
04-05-2019, 07:16 AM
I love the club but i think whats best for us in the long term is to go down and start over, sure itll hurt for a little bit but in the long run i think itll be better for us than scraping survival and doing this all again for the next ten years of misery
saying that if we do pull a miracle out of bag i dont think i'll be crying into my cornflakes in the morning so i'll put aside my pessimism for 24 hours and hope we can do the impossible and the stars will align and we'll start next year with new owners new manager and new players and we'll be heading towards league 1 and skip all the hassle of going down

swindon 0-notts 3
macc 0 cambridge 1 95th minute penalty

att 1862

COYP

I thought the same as you when we were struggling in league one four years ago and we got relegated to League Two on the last day away at Gillingham.

I only hope that in four years time we are not saying the same thing as we stare the National League North in the face. That does not even bare thinking about.

MAD_MAGPIE
04-05-2019, 07:23 AM
I hope our fans don’t have this mindset when we go down it’s going to be a very tough slog.

I remember baldie saying we will be a Man City this season in league two look how that turned out :O

Correct. Anyone who thinks that just because we would have the biggest stadium and the biggest average home attendance means that we will walk all over that league needs a reality check.

Like any league it would be tough, hard and it would not be easy. Only the champions go up automatically which also makes it harder than other leagues. You need to be winning 25+ games to stand a chance of automatic promotion.

The best chance we would have of getting back quickly is behind the scenes in terms of running the club properly and professionally, stop the managerial hire and fire culture and stop the mass recruitment of quantity over quality players which combined creates a financial black hole. That should be the remit for any would be new owners as those things have killed us as a league club.

Address the above and the rest will take care of itself, and we can look towards a brighter future.