PDA

View Full Version : Todays the day then

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:42 AM
That we either add another rung to our ladder for relegation woes or it goes down in history as just another season,although we all know it wasn't just like that.
Will Hardy slip out quietly(doubt it if we stay up, twitter re activated;)) or ushered out the back door?

slack_pie
04-05-2019, 04:45 AM
I think we need to be realistic. The odds are stacked massively against us (8/1?), and chances are we'll be relegated. I'm approaching the game in that mindset, so I won't be too gutted if we do indeed go down - I'll get gutted of coutse, but I've already sort of dealt with that in my head.

Still, I'm looking forward to the game on the outside chance we get an early goal and Macc don't. Could be exciting. Then again, both Swindon and Macc could be leading after 10 mins.

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:48 AM
Thats the thing.It is a 90 min game not 10 so heads don't need to go down.Look at Yeovil last week HT wining 2-0

KintoreMagpie
04-05-2019, 04:51 AM
I would like to think that Mr Hardy will show grace in not appearing on social media whatever the outcome today. I have no doubt he meant the best for the club but he let his ego get in the way. He needs to concentrate on passing the baton on to new owners who will take things forwards. Otherwise there is a danger that yesterday's man will leave us with yesterday's club.

kill_the_drum
04-05-2019, 05:01 AM
I don’t know what everyone’s problem is with Hardy.
His aim was to get us out of league 2 this season and by tonight he may well of succeeded!

navypie
04-05-2019, 05:02 AM
Today certainly is the day! Notts County( sorry, I know I used it last week) expects every mun ( just for you shipmate ) to do his duty. COYP!

ps. I want to have a scarf trailing out the back window for the journey but my lad says it would be embarrassing.Feck him, I might do it anyway.

irishpete
04-05-2019, 05:09 AM
I don’t know what everyone’s problem is with Hardy.
His aim was to get us out of league 2 this season and by tonight he may well of succeeded!

;););)

irishpete
04-05-2019, 05:10 AM
Today certainly is the day! Notts County( sorry, I know I used it last week) expects every mun ( just for you shipmate ) to do his duty. COYP!

ps. I want to have a scarf trailing out the back window for the journey but my lad says it would be embarrassing.Feck him, I might do it anyway.

Pity the players haven't done their duty during the season

meoldlaner
04-05-2019, 05:28 AM
ps. I want to have a scarf trailing out the back window for the journey but my lad says it would be embarrassing.Feck him, I might do it anyway.[/QUOTE]

I had a Vauxhall Astra once and my nephew's friend re sprayed the roof for me. I put a scarf out of the window and when I arrived a the away ground a big patch of paint had been worn off by the scarf flapping. I know it was because the paint job was $hite but I just can't put a scarf out now.

ForeignLegion
04-05-2019, 06:01 AM
I've been sending money to Benny Hinn, the God bothering miracle worker, asking him to pray for the club. I have seen him turn cripples that have never walked, in to bouncing athletes, just by touching them. He said he will pray harder if I send more money. Or did he mean prey? Praise the Lord, hallelujah and Aymen.

Gubbie
04-05-2019, 06:23 AM
22-1 notts,cambridge and mk dons all to win come on

KintoreMagpie
04-05-2019, 06:24 AM
I've been sending money to Benny Hinn, the God bothering miracle worker, asking him to pray for the club. I have seen him turn cripples that have never walked, in to bouncing athletes, just by touching them. He said he will pray harder if I send more money. Or did he mean prey? Praise the Lord, hallelujah and Aymen.

I don't decry the power of prayer but just feel there is a proper time and place for it and think that the good Lord has more things to worry about than the fate of Notts County. Remember years ago watching a video of Mr Hinn in operation when this little old stooge, sorry Lady, was cured of her afflictions by his magical touch. No doubt your sending him more money so that he can pray a bit harder helps keep him in the financial luxury to which he is entitled.

countygump
04-05-2019, 09:18 AM
I don't decry the power of prayer but just feel there is a proper time and place for it and think that the good Lord has more things to worry about than the fate of Notts County. Remember years ago watching a video of Mr Hinn in operation when this little old stooge, sorry Lady, was cured of her afflictions by his magical touch. No doubt your sending him more money so that he can pray a bit harder helps keep him in the financial luxury to which he is entitled.

I wanted to do the same, but misread the name and sent my money to Benny Hill instead.

Stukid ireate.

JoePass
04-05-2019, 10:13 AM

I have been to one of these meetings before, it was so boring a man sitting next to me in a wheel chair got up and walked out.