04-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Sounds like he's having a break down.

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 04:28 PM
"So many things I'd have done differently"

"Blame is a strong word. Ultimately I hold my hands up and I'm responsible"

KCNotts
04-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Painful listening to it. Bad move from Hardy and terrible interviewing from Slater.

He couldn't resist one last bit of limelight could he?

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Total Prick

Takeover to go threw next 7 -10 days AH to maybe stay on

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 04:32 PM
"Last six months have been the worst of my life, without a doubt"

Three times as many missed training days than last season, medical staff blame that on pre-season.

In on Tuesday with staff to plan next season.

Still expecting takeover to go through in 7-10 days.

He won't be owner at the start of next season, talk of him staying on as chairman with new owners, not sure he wants to do that now.

KCNotts
04-05-2019, 04:35 PM
How the hell can the new owners want him to stay on????

The mind boggles. Clearly we can see why he's accepted this bid then.

Doesn't bode well.

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Wow, as Chippers just said, that was extraordinary.

I respect him for doing that interview, he sounded like a young kid a lot of the time struggling to explain a difficult situation. Wasn't expecting that.

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Wow, as Chippers just said, that was extraordinary.

I respect him for doing that interview, he sounded like a young kid a lot of the time struggling to explain a difficult situation. Wasn't expecting that.

He thought he was a know all who knows fcuk all

GranthamPie
04-05-2019, 04:37 PM
You cannot make this schit up.... who in their right mind would want this **** anywhere near this football club? I fear for the future if this is the level of agreements to the takeover.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 04:37 PM
he was like a big kid with a new toy and now hes crying because he broke it and he wants his mummy to buy him a new one

Carlton_Pie
04-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Ridiculous interview, what was AH thinking of?

He tried to come across as the victim, blaming everyone but himself!

He has to go so Notts can rebuild its credibility in the football world

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:39 PM

Spot on

downunderpie
04-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Sounds great,lets keep the same team as well next season,

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Let's face it, nobody other than Hardy wanted to take it on two years ago. We're now in a worse position, so nobody in their right mind will want it now.

It looks as though the realistic options are either administration or somebody offering enough investment to keep us going with Hardy remaining at the helm to front this out.

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Let's face it, nobody other than Hardy wanted to take it on two years ago. We're now in a worse position, so nobody in their right mind will want it now.

It looks as though the realistic options are either administration or somebody offering enough investment to keep us going with Hardy remaining at the helm to front this out.

Hardy wanted Notts at all costs.Thats why he always says I saved Notts & fans think alike.RT said he didn't have the funds.CS said that at the time

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Charlie Slater now saying that there seems to be question marks about the whole thing (takeover).

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:55 PM
3 different prices?

GranthamPie
04-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Charlie Slater now saying that there seems to be question marks about the whole thing (takeover).

Yup, noted.

Oldstripy
04-05-2019, 05:00 PM
How the hell can the new owners want him to stay on???? .

Perhaps because the new owners have never owned a football club.

Simon the Pieman
04-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Wouldn't trust Hardy to boil an egg. Wouldn't be surprised if the "takeover" falls through. That is if there ever was anything on the table. If there is Hardy needs to walk away and never darken the Meadow Lane doors again.

KCNotts
04-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Perhaps because the new owners have never owned a football club.

And? Alan Hardy has... he just got one relegated out of the league!

The man has no credibility, no clue and no support.

Very concerned about this.

LilCrazyKim
04-05-2019, 05:06 PM

We're in Swindon and can't get Radio Nottm. Can you elaborate on what Charlie said here please UTM?

legs77
04-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Hardy is the last person you'd want running your business.

I dont feel sorry for him he has ruined us and made us a complete laughing stock even it was better under the trust at least we knew the score.

If him and Ardley stay im not bothering and I mean that.

All these people going on about Joffe etc it sounds as expected these so called owners have little cash.

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 05:11 PM
We're in Swindon and can't get Radio Nottm. Can you elaborate on what Charlie said here please UTM?

I'd zoned out at the time, but caught that line. I'm pretty sure he was just reacting to what Hardy had just said. Colin Slater, in the pre-match build up, had already given us a hint in saying "Alan Hardy won't be 100% owner next season". Reading between the lines I think we're basically looking at new directors coming on board with enough money to keep the club going, but none of them fancy the role of chairman. It's not a proper takeover in the true sense of the word.

ancientpie
04-05-2019, 05:20 PM
At last we have one!! a scapegoat that is, what a terrible season we have had, some of the tactics from our managers have been beyond comprehension,some of the performances from our squad have been diabolical by any standards, but let's just hang the man who provided us with a massive budget for this level in an attempt to take us up & later,keep us up. AH has never been my cup of tea ( to much like RT for my liking) but imo despite some obvious mistakes,he has tried his best & it wouldn't worry me if he remains in some capacity.

Searches for tin hat & anti agenda shield!!

Simon the Pieman
04-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Hardy is the architect of his own downfall. By his own stupidity. Not a scapegoat but a donkey. Saved the club? Postponed the inevitable.

LilCrazyKim
04-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Thanks UTM! Now had the chance to listen to the interview (it's on the BBC website if anyone wants to). Yikes that was painful to hear. He has been a poisonous chairman and isn't cut out to own a football club, but the main reason he should leave is for his own well being. I've been worried about his mental health since the EMT interview in the aftermath of THAT tweet, and this interview has done nothing to allay my concerns. He needs to go for his own good more than anything.

SwalePie
04-05-2019, 05:37 PM
The interview in full...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p078bk71

BigFatPie
04-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Thanks UTM! Now had the chance to listen to the interview (it's on the BBC website if anyone wants to). Yikes that was painful to hear. He has been a poisonous chairman and isn't cut out to own a football club, but the main reason he should leave is for his own well being. I've been worried about his mental health since the EMT interview in the aftermath of THAT tweet, and this interview has done nothing to allay my concerns. He needs to go for his own good more than anything.

100% agree. He appears to be above all a bloke who wants to be liked. Which is a very poor characteristic for a football chairman.

I hope above all we start next season. Then if we do we start with a clean slate.

maddogslater
04-05-2019, 05:42 PM
the one ray of hope was the takeover and getting Hardy gone, now it looks like that has been torn from us, All turned to dust if it ever was anything.

Simon the Pieman
04-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Yep had a listen. Crocodile tears. Must go asap.

countygump
04-05-2019, 05:51 PM
https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/alan-hardy-relegation-statement-040519/

https://twitter.com/MichaelSibert/status/1124720093412376578

Warnocks Legends
04-05-2019, 06:03 PM
The bloke is a complete and utter liability. He has brought this upon himself .he blamed everyone but himself. He sounds mentally broken and if the new owners do actually exist? Which I'm beginning to doubt.... Then please do not let that sad , deluded, giant ego of a man anywhere near our club ever again.

countygump
04-05-2019, 06:08 PM
At last we have one!! a scapegoat that is, what a terrible season we have had, some of the tactics from our managers have been beyond comprehension,some of the performances from our squad have been diabolical by any standards, but let's just hang the man who provided us with a massive budget for this level in an attempt to take us up & later,keep us up. AH has never been my cup of tea ( to much like RT for my liking) but imo despite some obvious mistakes,he has tried his best & it wouldn't worry me if he remains in some capacity.

Searches for tin hat & anti agenda shield!!

Actually, I agree with you Kev. Hardy is an absolute pr1ck, of that there can be no doubt, but he has managed to do some half decent things and what if, as we suspect, there are no new owners? Are we gonna fack off the only bloke willing to fund the club?

Old_pie
04-05-2019, 06:12 PM
The bloke is a complete and utter liability. He has brought this upon himself .he blamed everyone but himself. He sounds mentally broken and if the new owners do actually exist? Which I'm beginning to doubt.... Then please do not let that sad , deluded, giant ego of a man anywhere near our club ever again.

If there are new owners and if they are thinking of keeping AH on as Chairman then they cannot be interested in rebuilding the club or they are also totally deluded.

SlockyNCFC
04-05-2019, 06:14 PM
What worries me most is that this interview, as well as his performance as chairman this season, is hardly indicative of the kind of person you want to be handling what is now a critically important takeover for Notts County.

Do you really trust him to make a good job of it, and to hand us over to the right kind of new owners?

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 06:14 PM

I don't think it would correct to say that he's blamed everyone but himself. He's said numerous times now that he is ultimately responsible. He did mention pre-season problems, but that's just a fact that things were not right from that point onwards. Nolan has to take some of the blame and Ardley a lot of the blame. Sure, nobody was going to come in when he did and lift us to mid-table but Macc and Yeovil have given us every opportunity to get out of the bottom two and it is down to Ardley that we haven't managed that.

Hardy is the reason we've been in a relegation battle.
Ardley is the reason we actually lost that battle.

Warnocks Legends
04-05-2019, 06:32 PM
He showed crocodile tears in the interview, whilst really trying to convince us all it was not his fault

Old_pie
04-05-2019, 06:45 PM
He showed crocodile tears in the interview, whilst really trying to convince us all it was not his fault

https://twitter.com/BigAlanHardy1

About two or three tweets down.

slack_pie
04-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Actually, I agree with you Kev. Hardy is an absolute pr1ck, of that there can be no doubt, but he has managed to do some half decent things and what if, as we suspect, there are no new owners? Are we gonna fack off the only bloke willing to fund the club?

Can Hardy continue to fund the club though? He's not got endless amounts of money - especially after this season. If there's no takeover, we're screwed.

slack_pie
04-05-2019, 07:12 PM
What worries me most is that this interview, as well as his performance as chairman this season, is hardly indicative of the kind of person you want to be handling what is now a critically important takeover for Notts County.

Do you really trust him to make a good job of it, and to hand us over to the right kind of new owners?

Absolutely. He looks absolutely broken. He probably would have accepted any old offer, just to pass the buck. And as others have said, if the new owners want him to stick around, they have no idea what they are doing. It's all looking a bit bleak.

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 07:29 PM

Very good point. I was just getting optimistic over minted new owners but revelations today have blunted that. For his sake and ours Hardy needs to go ASAP, but we still need a replacement before he does.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 07:50 PM
for all his mistakes and complete f*ck ups the one thing you cant argue with is that when he announced he was going he still backed his manager and allowed him to bring in the 8 new players, with all the abuse he got back then it would have been easy for him to just disappear and let us see out the season with the players we had in december
i'd like to think at heart he is a notts fan and he is as devastated tonight as we are, he looks broken hopefully he's learned a lot about himself over the last 12 months and if we do end up stuck with him at the helm he'll have learned a few things.
it does make me wonder about what kind of people he has around him advising or helping him
is he worse than trew of jah or trembling? is there an even worse one to come next? hopefully not,i hope he moves on but if he's our only option lets not burn him at the stake, lets hope for a better version of him next time around

matt_magpie
04-05-2019, 07:57 PM
What I find really worrying on the radio he said the club would be took over in 7-10 days, then the statement said he will be talking to potential new owners, not THE potential new owners and the deal will be done in the near future, something is a miss.

DaveSmithRules
04-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Hardy needs to go. He should have surrounded himself with a professional team at Notts. Instead he hogged the limelight and took us down. Even in those interviews you wonder why there isn't a media officer asking wtf he's doing them.

McCullochisGod
05-05-2019, 01:09 AM

Exactly right. The man is missing something up top. He just doesn't get it, never has!

McCullochisGod
05-05-2019, 01:10 AM
What I find really worrying on the radio he said the club would be took over in 7-10 days, then the statement said he will be talking to potential new owners, not THE potential new owners and the deal will be done in the near future, something is a miss.

People who are not straight get caught out in the end.

queenslandpie
05-05-2019, 01:52 AM
for all his mistakes and complete f*ck ups the one thing you cant argue with is that when he announced he was going he still backed his manager and allowed him to bring in the 8 new players, with all the abuse he got back then it would have been easy for him to just disappear and let us see out the season with the players we had in december
i'd like to think at heart he is a notts fan and he is as devastated tonight as we are, he looks broken hopefully he's learned a lot about himself over the last 12 months and if we do end up stuck with him at the helm he'll have learned a few things.
it does make me wonder about what kind of people he has around him advising or helping him
is he worse than trew of jah or trembling? is there an even worse one to come next? hopefully not,i hope he moves on but if he's our only option lets not burn him at the stake, lets hope for a better version of him next time around

He didnt get half the abuse the trews got as despite all his screw ups he did have the best interests of the club at heart even if he is an egotistical maniac! that cant be said for some.

McCullochisGod
05-05-2019, 04:33 AM
"So many things I'd have done differently"

"Blame is a strong word. Ultimately I hold my hands up and I'm responsible"

YES, but you wouldn't listen would you and it cost you £10m, what a mug. Fletcher, Mace, Enever. Where are they now as they are to blame as his trusted friends too.

Simon the Pieman
05-05-2019, 04:36 AM
He didnt get half the abuse the trews got as despite all his screw ups he did have the best interests of the club at heart even if he is an egotistical maniac! that cant be said for some.
What he thought were the "best interests". All Hardy was and is interested in; is himself . Not fit to own Notts and not, clearly, mentally stable.

irishpete
05-05-2019, 05:54 AM
What he thought were the "best interests". All Hardy was and is interested in; is himself . Not fit to own Notts and not, clearly, mentally stable.

Best thing he can do is go play with his nob in the bath