PDA

View Full Version : We Will Struggle Next Year

SlockyNCFC
04-05-2019, 04:43 PM
From what I've just heard from Neal Ardley, Colin Slater and Alan Hardy on Radio Nottingham after today's shambles, there is no plan for next season. Slater mentioned we will struggle financially, and hinted before the game that we haven't even looked at pre-season friendlies. Ardley didn't have a clue and probably won't be here much longer regardless. Hardy just sounded broken and had little of anything to say. On this basis, we're going to struggle next year. Avoidance of freefall will be our top priority.

All I can say is there is a lot riding on this takeover, how much they are able to financially invest, how quickly it goes through and the overall calibre of the new owners. If they're not at least competent and capable of shrewd decisions with regards to the squad and the running of the club in general, we will follow the way of the Stockports and the Torquays rather than the Lincolns and the Lutons after going out of the Football League today.

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:46 PM
We will get a lot of tv coverage from BT you would think

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 04:48 PM
If we were offered 12th in the NL next season right now, I think it would be sensible to accept that.

countygump
04-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Good. It'll be nice to sit at home and watch us get thrashed rather than be @ ML paying for the pleasure.

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Good. It'll be nice to sit at home and watch us get thrashed rather than be @ ML paying for the pleasure.

Daft lad gump,You'll be paying BT:D:D

51Magpie
04-05-2019, 04:59 PM
I'm still hoping that Eastleigh don't make it through the playoffs, because I live within (long) walking distance of their 'stadium'. I've been to see them sometimes and if anyone believes that National League opposition will be a pushover they have another think coming. The standard is generally not bad, and all the teams in the top half look as though they could do OK in League 2 just as they are. All of them would likely have beaten this year's Notts without breaking into a sweat.