PDA

View Full Version : Non league Notts

irishpete
04-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Ready for the pi$$ taking?

countygump
04-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Yes !!! Surprisingly I find myself reasonably calm and not on mega downer. Prob because I've been expecting this day for months. Me and Pete called this 3 months ago. Ardley is useless and he's gonna take us into the Confo, but would they listen Pete, would they bowlax.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 05:13 PM
the scary thing is yeovil are probably more likely to come back than we are and there are about 10 establlished conference teams thatd wipe the floor with us as we are right now a lot needs to happen in the next 3 or 4 months

Notts78
04-05-2019, 05:27 PM
the scary thing is yeovil are probably more likely to come back than we are and there are about 10 establlished conference teams thatd wipe the floor with us as we are right now a lot needs to happen in the next 3 or 4 months

This is utter tripe. Yeovil are as ****ed as we are... the 10 ‘established’ conference sides you mention is also *******s.
The one really big thing we have against us is our ‘Championship’ stadium, teams will turn up to ML and it will be their cup final.
The takeover is so important. We need to assemble a squad that romps to glory, and I will be interested to see if any of the ho e grown academy lads are given important roles to play.
We will still be an attractive proposition for footballers wanting to bring us back. It may not feel like it right now, but we will be back, and hopefully we do a Luton/Lincoln.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 05:37 PM
This is utter tripe. Yeovil are as ****ed as we are... the 10 ‘established’ conference sides you mention is also *******s.
The one really big thing we have against us is our ‘Championship’ stadium, teams will turn up to ML and it will be their cup final.
The takeover is so important. We need to assemble a squad that romps to glory, and I will be interested to see if any of the ho e grown academy lads are given important roles to play.
We will still be an attractive proposition for footballers wanting to bring us back. It may not feel like it right now, but we will be back, and hopefully we do a Luton/Lincoln.

doing a luton ? so we'll be back in league 2 around the 2023/24 season! you clearly know your stuff and if you think the team we put out today would have a chance against any of wrexham fylde salford harrogate eastleigh ebbsfleet etc etc etc you've obviously not been watching much conference football or you havent seen the state of the notts team
if you're going to call someone out on tripe then at least know what you're talking about luton took 5 years to get back up lincoln were down for 6 season also yeovil took 6 points off us this season probably the 6 points which would have kept us up, they dont have a nobhead owner an inflated squad of overpaid OAP hasbeens

Bohinen
04-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Maybe it's time for Non League Nigel. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

upthemaggies
04-05-2019, 05:45 PM
If you list all of the clubs that have dropped into non-league and then divide that list into two - those who came back up and those who haven't - it would be very clear which group you'd put Notts in based on size, ground, history, expectations etc. I'm quite certain we will be back, but it won't be an immediate return and we probably are looking at another difficult season or two before we start to look as though we're ready to return. It's become more and more apparent by the day that the club is just not going to be ready for the start of next season.

countygump
04-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's time for Non League Nigel. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Why not, Non League Neal took us down.

Notts78
04-05-2019, 05:57 PM
doing a luton ? so we'll be back in league 2 around the 2023/24 season! you clearly know your stuff and if you think the team we put out today would have a chance against any of wrexham fylde salford harrogate eastleigh ebbsfleet etc etc etc you've obviously not been watching much conference football or you havent seen the state of the notts team
if you're going to call someone out on tripe then at least know what you're talking about luton took 5 years to get back up lincoln were down for 6 season also yeovil took 6 points off us this season probably the 6 points which would have kept us up, they dont have a nobhead owner an inflated squad of overpaid OAP hasbeens

Take a breath for **** sake. If it takes several years to bounce back and compete at the top end of League 2, I can take that. The club has an opportunity to restructure its footballing identity, wipe the slate clean and rebuild. Jesus, we have only ever been known for one thing.

Bohinen
04-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Why not, Non League Neal took us down.

I can think of another Neal (well, Neil) who has experience of Non-League to League promotions.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Take a breath for **** sake. If it takes several years to bounce back and compete at the top end of League 2, I can take that. The club has an opportunity to restructure its footballing identity, wipe the slate clean and rebuild. Jesus, we have only ever been known for one thing.

dont rubbish my posts without doing your homework and i wont go off on one, i think you'll find if you read a lot of my recent posts we're on exactly the same page i've been calling for a clear out, promoting and recruiting local youth and restructuring over a number of years so that when we are ready to return to league 2 we come back strong enough to compete at the top end and not back to struggling with an over aged over paid bunch of misfits fighting relegation year on year, i would support us while we built a young exciting team of local lads who actually want to play football even if it took us ten years to get back up im actually quite excited for next year i just hope those in charge learn from all the many many mistakes we've made and see that we can't just buy or will our way out of the conference at the first attempt because we are a 'big club' for non league

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 06:17 PM
dont rubbish my posts without doing your homework and i wont go off on one, i think you'll find if you read a lot of my recent posts we're on exactly the same page i've been calling for a clear out, promoting and recruiting local youth and restructuring over a number of years so that when we are ready to return to league 2 we come back strong enough to compete at the top end and not back to struggling with an over aged over paid bunch of misfits fighting relegation year on year, i would support us while we built a young exciting team of local lads who actually want to play football even if it took us ten years to get back up im actually quite excited for next year i just hope those in charge learn from all the many many mistakes we've made and see that we can't just buy or will our way out of the conference at the first attempt because we are a 'big club' for non league

I think his "take a breath for **** sake" was aimed more at your inability to use a full stop than the content of your posts. Have a look at the post above, you have managed seven lines without a single full stop which means we have to read it as one very loooooong sentence.

Try posting in English and you will come across much better.

irish_pie
04-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Hey we have the FA Vase to get knocked out of in the first round so its not all bad :)

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 06:24 PM
I think his "take a breath for **** sake" was aimed more at your inability to use a full stop than the content of your posts. Have a look at the post above, you have managed seven lines without a single full stop which means we have to read it as one very loooooong sentence.

Try posting in English and you will come across much better.

try not being a di*k and people would love you more. it was a rant, i wouldn't have added punctuation if i'd been shouting it at him.
emotions are high tonight.

Warnocks Legends
04-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Elite pie is incapable of " not being a dick " - he thinks he is intellectually and morally above us mere mortals.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Elite pie is incapable of " not being a dick " - he thinks he is intellectually and morally above us mere mortals.

yeah i've picked up on that, i don't need anyone to explain to me what another poster meant i'm quite capable of understanding for myself. saying that i'm now being overly careful with my punctuation thanks for that elite!!!

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 07:09 PM
yeah i've picked up on that, i don't need anyone to explain to me what another poster meant i'm quite capable of understanding for myself. saying that i'm now being overly careful with my punctuation thanks for that elite!!!

You are welcome. On a dark day like today it's good to know I've done something positive.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 07:11 PM
You are welcome. On a dark day like today it's good to know I've done something positive.

love you:p