PDA

View Full Version : last day in div 1 and 2 today.

rolymiller
04-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Interesting Charlton took 3rd place and Sunderland lost at Saarfend. Wonder if that was tactical? Also Plymouth, Scunny and Bratfud all down to Div2 (All clubs who were vying with us for promotion last time from Div 1). Shrews only 16th. Shows how it can all go tits up quite easily. Donny to play Charlton in play offs. They will have a chance against them. Bury and Franchise up from League 2 but bye bye to Notts co who were oldest club in league. Sad day for them.

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Interesting Charlton took 3rd place and Sunderland lost at Saarfend. Wonder if that was tactical? Also Plymouth, Scunny and Bratfud all down to Div2 (All clubs who were vying with us for promotion last time from Div 1). Shrews not much out of bottom 4. Shows how it can all go tits up quite easily. Donny to play Charlton . They will have a chance against them in play offs. Bury and Franchise up from League 2 but bye bye to Notts co who were oldest club in league. Sad day for them.

League 1 games not finished yet.
Doncaster are hanging on at 1-0 in 6th place.
20 minutes left.

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-05-2019, 06:08 PM
15 minutes to go, Sunderland equalise at Southend.

League 1 table atm is.....

Luton
Barnsley
Charlton
Portsmouth
Sunderland
Doncaster

rolymiller
04-05-2019, 06:09 PM
oops a daisy! I assumed they all kicked off at 3. What a silly burger I am? Noticed that Sunderland have equalised as well.

At least I was reight with league 2!

Plymouth out of bottom 4 at moment Saarfend to go down as it stands.

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Doncaster score a second so they should have sealed 6th place.

3mins left.

Southend are beating Sunderland 2-1

rolymiller
04-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Yep that should nail it for em. Wonder who they would prefer in play off first leg?

Saarfend winning 2-1 now so that puts plymouth down atm.

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-05-2019, 06:20 PM
If it stays as it is Plymouth will be relegated .

rolymiller
04-05-2019, 06:24 PM
3 teams on 50 points atm casper. GD will settle it maybe!

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-05-2019, 06:27 PM
3 teams on 50 points atm casper. GD will settle it maybe!

Yes roly unfortunately for Plymouth they will go down on goal difference.

Doncaster have made 6th spot.

Ah well that's my weekend trip to Plymouth cancelled.

animallittle3
04-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Portsmouth v Sunderland play off semi final , chuckle .

Knock your selves out boys .

rolymiller
04-05-2019, 07:27 PM
from twitter

On a day like today, I'm reminded of the Notts County fans singing "We've got more money than you" at Don Valley when that fake Shiekh had appointed Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager #rufc

sometimes things do bite you on the bum!

loyalmiller
04-05-2019, 07:45 PM
from twitter

On a day like today, I'm reminded of the Notts County fans singing "We've got more money than you" at Don Valley when that fake Shiekh had appointed Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager #rufc

sometimes things do bite you on the bum!

I was just thinking about that earlier. When they thought they had a money bags chairman they were all over the various football chat rooms talking about strolling to the premiership, as it was then called. Karma?

Didn’t have a clue so I googled it and now Stoke City are the oldest club in the football league.

flourbasher
04-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Apparently some Notts fans also used to snear at Forest and say how they were going to become the biggest club in the region.
That's bigger than Forest with back to back European Cup wins.
Oops

flourbasher
04-05-2019, 08:52 PM
In the starting XI for Notts today

Rob Milsom
Mitch Rose
Sam Stubbs son of Mr Useless

wendun
05-05-2019, 06:18 AM
As a Juventus fan I shall always be grateful to County for lending us their strip. Sad day.