PDA

View Full Version : What I saw today

navypie
04-05-2019, 07:15 PM
No effort (apart from CMS) ,no urgencey, nothing. And Enzio , I would have subbed the sub, he was useless. Hated the massive cheer that went up from the Swindon fans when the news came through that Macc had equalised, the only time you heard from them all day. Our fans were magnificent though ( apart from the idiot who got carted off by the stewards at the end. Mind you, if he wanted to lamp Enzio I could understand), I have always been proud of our support, none more so than today. Well done lads and gals.

countygump
04-05-2019, 07:22 PM
No effort (apart from CMS) ,no urgencey, nothing. And Enzio , I would have subbed the sub, he was useless. Hated the massive cheer that went up from the Swindon fans when the news came through that Macc had equalised, the only time you heard from them all day. Our fans were magnificent though ( apart from the idiot who got carted off by the stewards at the end. Mind you, if he wanted to lamp Enzio I could understand), I have always been proud of our support, none more so than today. Well done lads and gals.

Our team may well be non league, but our supporters are Premiere League.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 07:22 PM

if we are to survive and come back stronger us fans will have a big part to play , having 4,5 or even 6000 through the turnstiles every week in the conference will be the big attraction for the better players and potential owners and we'll hopefully be on tv a bit more as one of the bigger names in the league, we've proved a couple of times the last 2 years that we can almost fill our ground,that gives me hope that if we can sort out all the off the field nonsense and finally get the right leader in the dugout that we'll come back and we still have the potential to be up there in league 1 and the championship one day further down the line, this isn't the end its a chance to start again and build a better Notts

navypie
04-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Our team may well be non league, but our supporters are Premiere League.

Absolutely.

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 07:36 PM

Full marks to you and the rest of our fans shipmate, you were a real credit to our club today. I wanted to go to what I was convinced would be our last league game for a while, but family commitments had to come first. We have had our differences in the past, but I have nothing but admiration for your diehard support. It's people like you who give me a bit of hope for the future.

countygump
04-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Absolutely.

Watch this:

https://twitter.com/DanWestwell/status/1124754900762746881

navypie
04-05-2019, 07:47 PM
Full marks to you and the rest of our fans shipmate, you were a real credit to our club today. I wanted to go to what I was convinced would be our last league game for a while, but family commitments had to come first. We have had our differences in the past, but I have nothing but admiration for your diehard support. It's people like you who give me a bit of hope for the future.

Seeing my lad next to me, the amount of young Notts fans there today and just the incredible support I witnessed today gives me hope for the future Elite.

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Watch this:

I've been less emotional than I though I would be about today, but that is heartbreaking and heartwarming in equal measures.

I don't have a clue why this season has been such a disaster or the real reasons why, but the fans are definitely 100% blameless.

navypie
04-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Watch this:

What that doesn't show you gump is the fans behind the goal( us included ) doing the same.

navypie
05-05-2019, 08:28 AM
Getting back to yesterday. Listening to the radio on the way home all I kept hearing was how pleased they were for Sol Campbell, never Macc. As soon as I heard the words 'we can now speak to Sol', the fcuking thing went off.

Ben the Pie
07-05-2019, 12:26 PM
I don't think i've ever been or felt as proud to be Notts fan as I did standing behind the goal at Swindon on Saturday, singing my heart out along with EVERYONE around me.
Said to my lad today walking to school that what the Notts fans did in those last 5/10 minutes has gained respect of football fans all over the country, a "fair play to them" or "nuff respect".
Living in Reading all his school mates are Arsenal or Chelsea fans (haha) and at 12 yrs old his rep is pretty important to him, so when he turned to me and said, "when's the new Notts shirt out dad or will it be the same one as this year?" I could have cried.
Thats my boy!

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
07-05-2019, 12:56 PM
I don't think i've ever been or felt as proud to be Notts fan as I did standing behind the goal at Swindon on Saturday, singing my heart out along with EVERYONE around me.
Said to my lad today walking to school that what the Notts fans did in those last 5/10 minutes has gained respect of football fans all over the country, a "fair play to them" or "nuff respect".
Living in Reading all his school mates are Arsenal or Chelsea fans (haha) and at 12 yrs old his rep is pretty important to him, so when he turned to me and said, "when's the new Notts shirt out dad or will it be the same one as this year?" I could have cried.
Thats my boy!

💕

durhampie
07-05-2019, 01:21 PM

We have been relegation fodder all season Navypie, The performances of Enzio, Thomas,Vaughn, Kellett,Ward, Brisley and others have been absolutely disgusting all season. Now is the time for retribution and to get rid of the lot of em, including Mr Blobby our so called fitness coach..

I have to disagree with you about Ardley, as i think he is also partially to blame for our demise..

Bridg4d_Pie_
07-05-2019, 01:40 PM
We have been relegation fodder all season Navypie, The performances of Enzio, Thomas,Vaughn, Kellett,Ward, Brisley and others have been absolutely disgusting all season. Now is the time for retribution and to get rid of the lot of em, including Mr Blobby our so called fitness coach..

I have to disagree with you about Ardley, as i think he is also partially to blame for our demise..

Agreed Durham and to think that four of this squad are on £200,000 per annum., that's what really hurts apart from the relegation of course.

centenarypie
07-05-2019, 02:45 PM
What I think I saw and experienced on Saturday was the collective defiance of real football supporters
The vocal and numerical support consistently in evidence home and away throughout the season has, despite our predicament rarely been vitriolic and rarely pointed at any individual, even our incompetent clown of a chairman.
The passion and emotion emanating from 2000+ Magpies from the time Swindon scored their third goal was their way of telling the footballing world “We are Notts County”, not (with a few exceptions) the players , not the coaches and certainly not the owner and we WILL be here long after this shower of S*** has left the building.
COYP!

SwalePie
07-05-2019, 03:07 PM
What I think I saw and experienced on Saturday was the collective defiance of real football supporters
The vocal and numerical support consistently in evidence home and away throughout the season has, despite our predicament rarely been vitriolic and rarely pointed at any individual, even our incompetent clown of a chairman.
The passion and emotion emanating from 2000+ Magpies from the time Swindon scored their third goal was their way of telling the footballing world “We are Notts County”, not (with a few exceptions) the players , not the coaches and certainly not the owner and we WILL be here long after this shower of S*** has left the building.
COYP!

The heartwarming evidence!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY0g9aVjPd4