PDA

View Full Version : So now we're down, who will be calling it a day?

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Not me. I really hoped I would never see us lose our status as a football league club, but I am a stubborn old b@stard and refuse to let this bunch of wasters stop me from moving into my 50th year of support. We are riddled with problems as a club, but the ace up our sleeve is our brilliant support. Kick us as hard and as often as you like, but we will still get back up. It's the one thing that gives me a bit of hope on my darkest day as a Notts fan.

jscarr
04-05-2019, 08:10 PM
I think most of us will be back, you can't help who you support. I think our problem in the more long term is going to be attracting younger fans if we are non league for a period of time, when we've got the like of Forest on our doorstep who are going to be pushing for promotion from the Championship.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 08:11 PM
i think once all the off the field stuff is done and dusted it could be a refreshing change for us i'm bored of league 2 relegation battles now who likes watching us playing crawley,cheltenham,and morecambe every year really?
plus we've got the fa vase and the fa cup prelims get in!!

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 08:14 PM
i think once all the off the field stuff is done and dusted it could be a refreshing change for us i'm bored of league 2 relegation battles now who likes watching us playing crawley,cheltenham,and morecambe every year really?
plus we've got the fa vase and the fa cup prelims get in!!

And I don't have to boycott the Checkabetrayed Trophy any more.

Things are looking up!

queenslandpie
04-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Currently researching a BT Sport AU subscription!

GranthamPie
04-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Nope.. same schit, different day. Been here 50 years and going nowhere.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 08:19 PM

Things are looking up!

yes thats a silver lining hopefully it'll be gone by time we get back up

MAD_MAGPIE
04-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Not me. I really hoped I would never see us lose our status as a football league club, but I am a stubborn old b@stard and refuse to let this bunch of wasters stop me from moving into my 50th year of support. We are riddled with problems as a club, but the ace up our sleeve is our brilliant support. Kick us as hard and as often as you like, but we will still get back up. It's the one thing that gives me a bit of hope on my darkest day as a Notts fan.

Never in a million years. The fans today were amazing (as they have always been) and made me proud to be a supporter of this great club. Once it was clear we were not going to get out of it fans rose to their feet and starting singing and chanting all the way to the end and beyond.

As I’ve said before the clubs biggest strength is the fans. If we stick with it I have hope and confidence we will get our status as a league club back one day.

Notts County will never die as long as we have our core 5,000-6,000 whatever league we may be in.

navypie
04-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Me and my lad aren't going anywhere , season tickets paid for. In other news, the greedy b@stards at the EFL must be gutted that Pompey and Sunderland have to meet each other in the League 1 play off semi-final rather than the final. No need to appoint last seasons officials lads.

LilCrazyKim
04-05-2019, 08:30 PM
The atmosphere for the last 10 minutes today reminded me of everything that's good about Notts County Football Club and I can't wait until August. :heart:

Big Bob
04-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Be there as always

LilCrazyKim
04-05-2019, 08:36 PM

Things are looking up!

And we have the chance to be the first club to win the FA Cup and the FA Trophy. Might as well have a stab at it!

irishpete
04-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Once a pie always a pie.Would give up following football completely if there wasn't a Notts County

Oldstripy
04-05-2019, 08:50 PM

Both myself and my sister will be at the home games next season as we we renewed our season tickets 2 weeks ago. true Notts supporters are there no matter what league the club is in.

Elite_Pie
04-05-2019, 08:51 PM
The atmosphere for the last 10 minutes today reminded me of everything that's good about Notts County Football Club and I can't wait until August. :heart:

Stop it. I was fully prepared and manned up when the final whistle blew and took it on the chin without a wobble. Then I saw a video of our fans at the end and read the comments of those who were there and now my lip is quivering. I don't know why, it's only eleven men kicking a bag of wind (and I don't mean Alan Hardy). Kim is spot on, let's enjoy the break and count the days until August.

Bernard_Bresslaw
04-05-2019, 08:54 PM
might start going more actually. My 3 year old has just got into football as he loves it when people fall over, so if we can keep hold of Stead it could be perfect

tied_up_in_notts
04-05-2019, 09:16 PM
You don't choose your club, it chooses you. I'm in it for the long haul.
I'll soon be renewing my season ticket, bring on the Solihull Moors, CYOP

pravda_plc
04-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Not me!

Seen Notts in all four division of the Football League, so I guess the National League will just be another part of the 'journey' in my football life...

Mark_Ross
04-05-2019, 09:48 PM

Count me in. It'll be interesting to have a different kind of awfulness.

BigFatPie
04-05-2019, 10:25 PM
I’ve got to say I was upset when the final whistle went, and as I was picking up my daughter she asked ‘why don’t you support a better team’?

We’ve got to come back better and stronger.

To answer Elite’s question, no.

The-Mac pie
04-05-2019, 10:30 PM

Black and white in my blood...going nowhere.....county til I die

GranthamPie
04-05-2019, 10:35 PM
might start going more actually. My 3 year old has just got into football as he loves it when people fall over, so if we can keep hold of Stead it could be perfect

This.... oh this... ^^^^ genius

nw6pie
04-05-2019, 10:36 PM
My love for Notts is unconditional, even if the club is now in the “Letting itself go rather badly” stage of our relationship.

My biggest regret about us going down to, ahem, League 3 is that I won’t be able to see the games on iPlayer but will only be able to listen. Still, that in itself will also be something different. I still plan to get another season ticket, even if I only get to a handful of games per season.

CaptainBalrog
04-05-2019, 11:04 PM
What's going to happen. To us who are far away? I understood that the player we use now was part of an IT solution that applied to the league. How am I going to listen next season?

Only been ten years for me. I started late so I'd have to live to 90 to make fifty years. But I'm doing my best to pass the curse on to my son so in this age of medical science maybe he can do 100! I think it's starting to work. So maybe.

This was the ten year anniversary of support for me. Been a bad year. But as always I'm hopeful that next year will be better.

I won't lie I've been drinking and I've probably sunk into the red in browny points since five o'clock today. But my wife is remarkably understanding. We were there together at the snow game!.

Good luck to us all. First season in non league. Well at least I can say I was here to see that when we're back in the football league.

COYP!

GranthamPie
04-05-2019, 11:10 PM
A toast... to us... the inebriated ^

60YearsAPie
04-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Old habits die hard and I’m too old to kick the habit!

I came to terms with relegation some time ago, as I couldn’t see us getting out of the mess we were in with the current squad.

I’ve now drawn a line under this season and tomorrow I start to check out our opponents come August and see which grounds I’ve already visited and which are going to be new ones.

Bohinen
05-05-2019, 12:20 AM
It's not even a ****ing option, is it?

Bohinen
05-05-2019, 12:23 AM
My love for Notts is unconditional, even if the club is now in the “Letting itself go rather badly” stage of our relationship.

My biggest regret about us going down to, ahem, League 3 is that I won’t be able to see the games on iPlayer but will only be able to listen. Still, that in itself will also be something different. I still plan to get another season ticket, even if I only get to a handful of games per season.

She has bingo wings and hasn't changed her pants for 3 months. You are slightly embarrassed by her and avoid *** a bit like George did with Mildred. But you still can't bring yourself to leave her.

ForeignLegion
05-05-2019, 12:32 AM
If they're up the top end of the table, the crowds will be there.

Simon the Pieman
05-05-2019, 05:18 AM
I'll be there. Hoping there'll be a big clear out of management and players and Hardy will come nowhere near Meadow Lane.

slack_pie
05-05-2019, 05:22 AM
I'm a Notts supporter for life. The division we play in irrelevant. If I lived in Notts, I'd get a season ticket, but as I'm abroad, I'm a bit screwed as I won't be able to watch via iPlayer.

Dunce
05-05-2019, 06:01 AM
Ive always been an ever present at home games. But since our kids are now off hands, my missus has joined in the fun and we are taking in away matches. We managed 43 league games this season. Ok, it hasnt been pretty on the pitch, to say the least. But its more about the event for us. Working all week, we know that saturday is ours. Getting down the Lane, visiting new towns and grounds, trying out truly awful pies/coffee and seeing the same old faces behind the goal on an open terrace in a howling gale. Its what we do, we are supporters.
Im sure the clouds will clear in the distance, and the sun will one day shine again.
Looking forward to a couple of months break, then we go again.

ireallyhateforest
05-05-2019, 06:53 AM
I have invested to much time, money and effort in Notts to just walk away now, and I will buy a season ticket as long as there is a club to support .

Notts is a lifetime commitment no matter how bad it gets, and it still beats being a plastic premier league “supporter” no matter how bad it gets ;).

navypie
05-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Ive always been an ever present at home games. But since our kids are now off hands, my missus has joined in the fun and we are taking in away matches. We managed 43 league games this season. Ok, it hasnt been pretty on the pitch, to say the least. But its more about the event for us. Working all week, we know that saturday is ours. Getting down the Lane, visiting new towns and grounds, trying out truly awful pies/coffee and seeing the same old faces behind the goal on an open terrace in a howling gale. Its what we do, we are supporters.
Im sure the clouds will clear in the distance, and the sun will one day shine again.
Looking forward to a couple of months break, then we go again.

Good man. I'm hoping for Harrogate away first game, never been to the ground but love the town.

1862tonez
05-05-2019, 07:03 AM
Actually made my mind up to start turning up again next season instead of shouting at the radio every Saturday, So add 1 extra to the list.

Will Notts still be live on the radio or will it be Mansfield now?

nw6pie
05-05-2019, 07:17 AM
Actually made my mind up to start turning up again next season instead of shouting at the radio every Saturday, So add 1 extra to the list.

Will Notts still be live on the radio or will it be Mansfield now?

That’s the spirit! And yes, we will still be live on the radio, according to Radio Nottingham.

pjace
05-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Watching Notts is part of my life and has been for the last 59 years i'm not going to stop now

meoldlaner
05-05-2019, 07:49 AM
The day my mother said,"If you are bored, why don't you go down and watch Notts County" was the day my lifelong love affair began and the world was black and white from then on. Nothing will change that.

navypie
05-05-2019, 08:13 AM
The day my mother said,"If you are bored, why don't you go down and watch Notts County" was the day my lifelong love affair began and the world was black and white from then on. Nothing will change that.

My dad said something along the lines of knowing what's good for you when he 'convinced' me.

caj85
05-05-2019, 08:13 AM
I'll be there. I'm strangely looking forward to life inside the conference and seeing a few teams I've loosely followed from my youth. (There was a fascination with semi pro leagues for some reason with me. )

Plus no checkatrade!

JockPie
05-05-2019, 10:31 AM
I’m in my 52nd year as a Notts fan so can’t imagine not carrying on. Feel a bit odd this morning, almost like I’m glad it’s all over like a relative finally passed away after fighting cancer for years. Trouble is Notts haven’t passed away and whatever cancer has crippled our club hasn’t been excised. Is this finally an opportunity to do that?

forwardmagpie
05-05-2019, 10:34 AM
First game in 1961, always worried when we were in whatever passes for the bottom league that one bad season could see us out of the league, I just didn't expect it to be this year.

I will still always be a supporter though.

SlockyNCFC
05-05-2019, 12:53 PM
I will definitely still be going next season. I'm actually looking forward to some of the away days as well to be fair.

gozzie321
05-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Love this thread, it has convinced me to buy my season ticket again. After yesterdays gutting feeling, it is great to see so much positivity.

irish_pie
05-05-2019, 01:31 PM
I will definitely still be going next season. I'm actually looking forward to some of the away days as well to be fair.

To be honest I feel the same way now, yesterday was horrible but woke up today a bit more refreshed.... now all we need is some good news on the takeover... after this the drama of the retained list.... it should be a very small list indeed.

irish_pie
05-05-2019, 01:34 PM
I’m in my 52nd year as a Notts fan so can’t imagine not carrying on. Feel a bit odd this morning, almost like I’m glad it’s all over like a relative finally passed away after fighting cancer for years. Trouble is Notts haven’t passed away and whatever cancer has crippled our club hasn’t been excised. Is this finally an opportunity to do that?

It could be my man... I remember reading people on here saying we need to go down to rebuild... I just hope they prove to be right... clear the decks and bring in some of the kids.... onwards and upwards for this fantastic club... I am still proud to be an Irish pie :)

maddogslater
05-05-2019, 05:09 PM
It could be my man... I remember reading people on here saying we need to go down to rebuild... I just hope they prove to be right... clear the decks and bring in some of the kids.... onwards and upwards for this fantastic club... I am still proud to be an Irish pie :)
I'll be taking in my usual 18 or so games, look on the bright side, away games at Torquay and Wrexham (two of my favourite away games)

countygump
05-05-2019, 05:16 PM
To be honest I feel the same way now, yesterday was horrible but woke up today a bit more refreshed.... now all we need is some good news on the takeover... after this the drama of the retained list.... it should be a very small list indeed.

Agreed. For me the takeover is far is more important than whatever league we are playing in next season.

forwardmagpie
05-05-2019, 05:17 PM
I'll be taking in my usual 18 or so games, look on the bright side, away games at Torquay and Wrexham (two of my favourite away games)

Just met my Wrexham fan brother in law to discuss the two games next season - sombre note though Wrexham will be starting their twelfth season in non league in August.

Eastcoastultra1977
05-05-2019, 06:15 PM
I called it a day weeks ago.The whole club is a ****ing shambles.Embarrasment to the city.

We need to consolidate next season and make sure we don't go down AGAIN.

Bridg4d_Pie_
05-05-2019, 06:22 PM

Not me or Mrs B, paid for our tickets before the last home game been supporting Notts for 69 years shame not to make it 70 & who knows we may climb back at the first time of asking.

Far more important is the fact that they need our support even more at present, anyway what would do on Saturday afternoons.

Elite_Pie
05-05-2019, 06:40 PM
I called it a day weeks ago.The whole club is a ****ing shambles.Embarrasment to the city.

We need to consolidate next season and make sure we don't go down AGAIN.

If you called it a day weeks ago, why do you refer to Notts County as "we" rather than "they"?

Bohinen
05-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Just met my Wrexham fan brother in law to discuss the two games next season - sombre note though Wrexham will be starting their twelfth season in non league in August.

Last time I went we were both in the second tier. The coach was late because we were held up by a flock of sheep, so look out for that. Dai Davies was in goal and Notts fans were signing a rude song about him, that's all I can remember.

Frigiliana Pie 1
05-05-2019, 07:03 PM
I’ve only been to one match since the Boxing Day defeat by Macclesfield. I’ve got a mitigating factor, which is that it’s a 160 mile round trip to Meadow Lane for me, but this hasn’t stopped me attending about 9-10 games per season in recent years (and previously many more than that).

The real reason for non-attendance? I’ve stopped enjoying it. The team’s performances this season have been absolutely dire and it isn’t any pleasure to be sitting in a freezing cold stand on a dark evening in the middle of winter watching a poor team struggle against opposition which is only marginally more competent.

I know I’m not being loyal in the club’s hour of need, but until things on the pitch begin to pick up, I will be going to very few if any matches and will be wishing Notts all the best from a distance.

Elite_Pie
05-05-2019, 07:10 PM
I’ve only been to one match since the Boxing Day defeat by Macclesfield. I’ve got a mitigating factor, which is that it’s a 160 mile round trip to Meadow Lane for me, but this hasn’t stopped me attending about 9-10 games per season in recent years (and previously many more than that).

The real reason for non-attendance? I’ve stopped enjoying it. The team’s performances this season have been absolutely dire and it isn’t any pleasure to be sitting in a freezing cold stand on a dark evening in the middle of winter watching a poor team struggle against opposition which is only marginally more competent.

I know I’m not being loyal in the club’s hour of need, but until things on the pitch begin to pick up, I will be going to very few if any matches and will be wishing Notts all the best from a distance.

Understandable at the moment, but you have failed to factor in the illness that all footy fans suffer from - pre-season optimism.

When you read about our signings (most will be garbage) you will be tempted to give them one more chance!

Frigiliana Pie 1
05-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Understandable at the moment, but you have failed to factor in the illness that all footy fans suffer from - pre-season optimism.

When you read about our signings (most will be garbage) you will be tempted to give them one more chance!

I hope you’re right!

bridpie78
05-05-2019, 07:23 PM

you're right there Elite we all suffer from that,i know for a fact i was absolutely buzzing about dennis and kane up front two 20 goal strikers to fire us to the title and when we signed vaughan this board exploded with joy and expectation,i've a good mind to go looking for the preseason threads where we all thought we were going to smash the league with our new midfield general and the two goal machines we'd signed add to that the service enzio and thomas on the wings were going to supply jeez its hard to see where it all went wrong really

Boston flyer
06-05-2019, 12:26 AM
At the final whistle yesterday, I unplugged the radio, didn't want to hear the post mortem and buggered off out for a run, clear my head. That's it, all over, they're not having another feckin penny from me. I'm done. Came back to scroll through the national league to see how far we need to travel next season. If I wanted to quit, I wouldn't be allowed. My two boys over excitement and exuberance of the new season would rub off and the circus continues

ForeignLegion
06-05-2019, 12:30 AM
No doubt I'll buy another shirt and coffee cup when I'm next over, oh and take in the delights of a non league game. To be honest, will it really be that much different from L2?

queenslandpie
06-05-2019, 02:38 AM
No doubt I'll buy another shirt and coffee cup when I'm next over, oh and take in the delights of a non league game. To be honest, will it really be that much different from L2?

Differences -

- often abysmal away support at the lane
- We don't qualify for the FA Cup R1 automatically
- No Sherpa Van ( hoorah)
- No League Cup
- There is the FA Vase!
- No TV money'
- No payment from the EFL ( 500k PA)
- We will play some very small sides and some ok ones
- Psychological as well
- Probably wont be able to attract the same quality of player ( slightly tongue in cheek that one)
- No ifollow ( a big one for me)

ForeignLegion
06-05-2019, 02:55 AM
-Often abysmal away support - you mean like Accy, FGR, Macc, Morecambe, Yeovil, Exeter etc etc? Might get a few more as we're the "big fish"
-League Cup - well, we don't do that anyway.
- Quality is probably the same.
-FA Cup - well, we might go on a bit of a run, until we get to R1 proper and get done by Salford or some other L2 powerhouse.

Elite_Pie
06-05-2019, 09:18 AM
- No payment from the EFL ( 500k PA)

We get a parachute payment from the EFL of 500k next season, 250k the season after, then bugger all!

SmiffyPie
06-05-2019, 09:26 AM
We’ve got to come back better and stronger.That's going to be the tricky bit. The club is in disarray, no bond in the dressing room, no direction as a unit.... soulless. It will be a massive (expensive) task to turn this around and not with Ardley (or Hardy floating around).