PDA

View Full Version : All Notts are we

MagicBoots
04-05-2019, 08:11 PM
This is most definitely the lowest moment as as a Notts fan and I am sure we are all hurting and feeling the same.

We are all gutted.

Can I just say, the only thing I can take from this season is the fan support. Have we not been amazing. Even after last week I still believed we could do it. I am in Italy tonight and hurting badly, but watching the Notts fans at 3-1 down is soothing the pain.

The question has to be why the players have not shared our passion.

Can I take Grimsby away as an example. We were 2-0 down and started singing “All Notts are we”, while singing we went 4-0 down but the chant got louder. I have never been prouder to support Notts that day.

From the stats today I see 1 shot on goal in a must win game.

Not good enough. The players despite earning amongst the top wages in this division are not fit for purpose and really need to re-examine their part in our downfall.

All I can say is that we did our bit, a shame the players could not try.

bridpie78
04-05-2019, 08:17 PM
This is most definitely the lowest moment as as a Notts fan and I am sure we are all hurting and feeling the same.

We are all gutted.

Can I just say, the only thing I can take from this season is the fan support. Have we not been amazing. Even after last week I still believed we could do it. I am in Italy tonight and hurting badly, but watching the Notts fans at 3-1 down is soothing the pain.

The question has to be why the players have not shared our passion.

Can I take Grimsby away as an example. We were 2-0 down and started singing “All Notts are we”, while singing we went 4-0 down but the chant got louder. I have never been prouder to support Notts that day.

From the stats today I see 1 shot on goal in a must win game.

Not good enough. The players despite earning amongst the top wages in this division are not fit for purpose and really need to re-examine their part in our downfall.

All I can say is that we did our bit, a shame the players could not try.

its got to be scouting and recruiting that area has been wrong for a long long time, we tend to panic buy and go for 'blast from the past' names i mean who did the profile on vaughan preseason we were led to believe he was going to be our touch of class midfield general,what we got was an overpaid donkey 2 years past his retirement, there have been a lot of those types in the last ten years or so players who were good a decade ago and by the time they arrive at the lane their legs have gone.

MagicBoots
04-05-2019, 08:37 PM
its got to be scouting and recruiting that area has been wrong for a long long time, we tend to panic buy and go for 'blast from the past' names i mean who did the profile on vaughan preseason we were led to believe he was going to be our touch of class midfield general,what we got was an overpaid donkey 2 years past his retirement, there have been a lot of those types in the last ten years or so players who were good a decade ago and by the time they arrive at the lane their legs have gone.

But I honestly cannot put all the blame with Alan Hardy for this. He put the the money in and is no football expert but when putting that amount of cash in you would expect a quality return. He (and let’s not remember our board) decided to oust Nolan, then Kewell. For me, both these managers were far above Ardley who has been the worst. Had we stuck with Nolan or Kewell we would not be in this mess, but even if the board decided to get Ardley, then he had enough games and enough finance to get us to safety.

Bernard_Bresslaw
04-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Ardley has been dire but I just can't see how it would've been that much different with Nolan. This was mainly his squad and he showed no sign of changing a thing. There would be no way he'd drop his mates and even now he goes on about time and how nothing is his fault. The biggest wasters were almost exclusively bought or persisted with on his watch.

Kewell we'll never know but more than likely the players would've just downed tools if they didn't get their way when they did. I blame Notts entirely for this not HK as we'd assembled a squad of cowards and weasels who would do this sooner than ditch their egos, not him.

Ardley had the hardest task of the three but the writing was already on the wall. We tried one of the lads, we tried someone confrontational and we tried Mr Nice Guy, but the stinking core was still there