PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Slater stirring?

irishpete
04-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Heard the comment he made after interviewing AH. I know AH talked a lot of sheite at times on twitter.But CS put the question to him about the takeover to which AH said it would be concluded in the next 7 -10 days.Why didn't CS turn around to him & say are you 100% sure of this? instead of waiting to say it to chippers that he had doubts about it.
IF he had heard different why not quiz him.Poor journalism

pravda_plc
04-05-2019, 09:29 PM
Heard the comment he made after interviewing AH. I know AH talked a lot of sheite at times on twitter.But CS put the question to him about the takeover to which AH said it would be concluded in the next 7 -10 days.Why didn't CS turn around to him & say are you 100% sure of this? instead of waiting to say it to chippers that he had doubts about it.

I heard it and thought exactly the same thing Pete. What bothered me more was when he said he wasn't sure about the "whole thing" - meaning would the deal go through?

I can't help thinking the whole South African thing maybe just another piece of Hardy spin...

Gubbie
04-05-2019, 09:32 PM
I heard it, i just think he's devastated both for notts county and financially, surely he wouldn't be so stupid to lie about a takeover after all that's gone before

queenslandpie
04-05-2019, 09:34 PM

By the 15th of May we will know!

Bohinen
05-05-2019, 12:07 AM
I heard it, i just think he's devastated both for notts county and financially, surely he wouldn't be so stupid to lie about a takeover after all that's gone before

It strikes me that that man is pretty ****ing stupid, so why not?

McCullochisGod
05-05-2019, 01:03 AM

Wouldn't he?

Simon the Pieman
05-05-2019, 04:41 AM
Lie? Dear old Alan? Surely not. He's devastated is he? Does he know how we feel? No idea, clueless. Absolutely.

Simon the Pieman
05-05-2019, 04:45 AM
To add. Slater is poor. His English is dreadful and he isn't fit to switch on Colin's microphone. "Them players". Idiot.

McCullochisGod
05-05-2019, 04:54 AM
Lie? Dear old Alan? Surely not. He's devastated is he? Does he know how we feel? No idea, clueless. Absolutely.

The interview was pathetic. The sports science team saying we did the wrong pre season training is to blame. Don't THEY plan the training with the coaches? Hardy then quotes I will be in on Tuesday as we have a lot of planning to do for next season? He must be effing joking. Are you selling the club or not? Then saying the new owners want to keep him on as chairman, if so they must be as deluded as him. The man has added nothing to the club, only destroyed it and yes you are right Alan. Football is not the game for you as you know F all about. Go away ASAP please.

ForeignLegion
05-05-2019, 05:03 AM
He's done some good stuff and if the takeover falls through, i'd be happy for him to fund a promotion push next year. I would think the learning curve has been huge and therefore, hopefully, he'll shut his gob, stay off twitter, and stay right in the background. You would like to think things cannot get any worse. Or.......

slack_pie
05-05-2019, 05:11 AM
To add. Slater is poor. His English is dreadful and he isn't fit to switch on Colin's microphone. "Them players". Idiot.

I disagree. Charlie Slater and Stall have been one of the best things about this awful season for me.

bugsy
05-05-2019, 05:11 AM
He's done some good stuff and if the takeover falls through, i'd be happy for him to fund a promotion push next year. I would think the learning curve has been huge and therefore, hopefully, he'll shut his gob, stay off twitter, and stay right in the background. You would like to think things cannot get any worse. Or.......

'happy for him to fund a promotion push'???? What with magic beans and fairy dust?

ForeignLegion
05-05-2019, 05:14 AM
Yes, money doesn't seem to have worked.

Bernard_Bresslaw
05-05-2019, 05:37 AM

he won't change though will he? He mentioned 'learning curves' and 'mistakes' earlier in his tenure in different circumstances before all this lunacy yet even now he's whining about pre season and throwing departed footsoldiers under the bus.

Do you actually think he believes thatvhe should do things differently or that he knows people want to hear it? How has he changed in 9 months of things being way off target? He couldn't even keep himself off Twitter. There is not a chance anyone immediately around him will be telling him the truth or criticising, people like him hate 'negativity' (ie the truth or suggestions of blame even when put constructively).They live in a fantasy land where 'being positive' turns everything to gold.

He can't even bring himself to say sorry, even a passive aggressive 'I'm sorry you feel that way' sorry. As Ancient and others have said in another thread he isn't solely at fault and could reasonably expect better for his money, regardless of whether it was 'invested' on the end of a string but he simply cannot be so unlucky that there's been a perfect storm of things outside his control.

Who honestly thinks he can fund a 'promotion push'? We will have to pay off a huge combined number of players and staff before even thinking about recruitment. Figures of £65m net wealth are being chucked about on Facebook but that sounds ridiculous. He cannot have that much ready cash from whatever his fortune is, Paragon historically can't have given him that much, he doesn't seem to have sold anything that successful and one would assume that the golf club is heavily financed.

All it will take to end the takeover ruse (if that's what it is) is a statement that it was contingent on survival. There's no other side of the story to be sought. It's like the Danish billionaire again - you can say what you want if no one can ask the other guy the score (there was nothing like a Dane - nothing in the world).

If he's still here then I would be massively sceptical about any claims of a financial push.

ForeignLegion
05-05-2019, 05:45 AM
Well, he might be the only option, and, like I said, IF he has the spondoolies, then he can carry on, in the background. We'll have to wait and see.

Bernard_Bresslaw
05-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Well, he might be the only option, and, like I said, IF he has the spondoolies, then he can carry on, in the background. We'll have to wait and see.

Somehow he doesn't strike me as a 'background' kind of guy

irishpete
05-05-2019, 06:18 AM
Anna Soubry was sheite stirring as well on twitter,she has since removed the tweet

queenslandpie
05-05-2019, 06:22 AM

Excpet hes already gone back onto Twitter several times and been hounded off again. He doesnt learn and he is naturally ego driven and impulsive. These are not the right qualities for a football chairman in the lower leagues. He has many talents Alan and I would be happy if he stayed on as marketing manager. thats about it though. He cant help himself it is natural for him to be in the limelight.

Simon the Pieman
05-05-2019, 06:29 AM
Go far away Alan and don't come back. Ever.

i961pie
05-05-2019, 06:31 AM
I disagree. Charlie Slater and Stall have been one of the best things about this awful season for me.

I agree CS usually asks far more searching questions than Colin ever did.

ireallyhateforest
05-05-2019, 06:37 AM
Go far away Alan and don't come back. Ever.

Well said Pieman.

McCullochisGod
05-05-2019, 08:10 AM

You are as deranged as him if you think that. Good stuff, stay in the background, learning curve? Believe me if he stays we would have a local derby against Ilson soon. Fund a promotion push? He's done his bollox this season! He's skint!

ForeignLegion
05-05-2019, 08:27 AM
I am deranged, yes, but not as much as him. No denying he's done some good stuff, no denying he has made a total bollox up of everything either. Do you know for a fact he's skint?

upthemaggies
05-05-2019, 09:27 AM
I thought Charlie Slater handled the whole afternoon extremely well. In the interview he allowed AH to speak and he did ask about the takeover and we got a very revealing answer. AH was clearly emotional, if he'd pressed him then he would have most likely dodged the issue, we probably heard a lot more than we would have done because he wasn't put under pressure.

Warnocks Legends
05-05-2019, 09:44 AM
I have no issues with Charlie Slater and definitely not with Stall. They have been a breath of fresh air and much more incisive , honest and probing than dear old Colin ever was.

countygump
05-05-2019, 11:23 AM
I have no issues with Charlie Slater and definitely not with Stall. They have been a breath of fresh air and much more incisive , honest and probing than dear old Colin ever was.

Listen again on 53.00 mins.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0762044

GranthamPie
05-05-2019, 12:18 PM
The whole interview was filled with awkward silences, deep intakes of breath and when Slater had the opportunity to just say “is this takeover a figment of your imagination?”.... he backed off. It was only after the interview that Slater intimated that he had doubts about any takeover of the club.

Poor journalism in my book.

marky
05-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Blimey if Slater had asked that I reckon Hardy would have knocked him out live on air.

legs77
05-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Well it is a question that needs to be asked