PDA

View Full Version : Next season

irish_pie
05-05-2019, 12:39 PM
So if I am correct these are most of the teams we will play next season (obviously a couple more but nothing sorted yet)
Who if any do you fancy visiting their ground? I don't even know where Barrow or Bromley is so I quite fancy a good road trip...
Ebbsfleet
Gateshead
Sutton United
Barrow
Bromley
Barnet
Dover
Chesterfield
Halifax
Hartlepool
Dag & Red
Maidenhead United
Boreham Wood
Stockport County
Torquay United
Yeovil Town
Wrexham

caj85
05-05-2019, 12:42 PM
I'd love to see a map with all these pinpointed on

countygump
05-05-2019, 12:46 PM
I'd love to see a map with all these pinpointed on

Seef this works.

http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/LeagueMap.asp?League=CONF

SlockyNCFC
05-05-2019, 12:49 PM
There actually are a few I'd like to go to. I live in Sheffield, so Stockport, Chesterfield, Halifax and Harrogate (as long as they don't win the play offs) are all doable for me. Might do some of the Northern clubs as well depending on how we do. Always wanted to visit Hartlepool for some strange reason...

caj85
05-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Seef this works.

Well that's a lot of travelling

Oldstripy
05-05-2019, 12:54 PM
Barrow in Furness is in Cumbria and very long journey from Nottingham.

countygump
05-05-2019, 12:55 PM
So if I am correct these are most of the teams we will play next season (obviously a couple more but nothing sorted yet)
Who if any do you fancy visiting their ground? I don't even know where Barrow or Bromley is so I quite fancy a good road trip...
Ebbsfleet
Gateshead
Sutton United
Barrow
Bromley
Barnet
Dover
Chesterfield
Halifax
Hartlepool
Dag & Red
Maidenhead United
Boreham Wood
Stockport County
Torquay United
Yeovil Town
Wrexham

Loads of ***ually suggestive names amongst them. GatesHEAD, Bore em Wood, CHESTerfield. Or am I just a dirty owd trout?

Notsohumblepie
05-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Ebbsfleet
Gateshead
Sutton United
Barrow
Bromley
Barnet
Dover
Chesterfield
Halifax
Hartlepool
Dag & Red
Maidenhead United
Boreham Wood
Stockport County
Torquay United
Yeovil Town
Wrexham

Barrow actually used to be a Football League club, not too far from The Lake District.

There will be 12 ex league clubs in that division next year including us . Some old acquaintances being renewed

irish_pie
05-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Seef this works.

Wow there aint too many derbys in that!!! Just Chesterfield if I am reading right... some serious away days in there.... Dover looks like it's a serious slog

MAD_MAGPIE
05-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Barrow actually used to be a Football League club, not too far from The Lake District.

There will be 12 ex league clubs in that division next year including us . Some old acquaintances being renewed

The National League looks a lonely place with only Chesterfield within around 50 miles of Meadow Lane. The nearest other teams are Solihull Moors in Birmingham and Halifax to the North.

Bohinen
05-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Loads of ***ually suggestive names amongst them. GatesHEAD, Bore em Wood, CHESTerfield. Or am I just a dirty owd trout?

(Ben) Dover, Dag & Red, Wrexham.

marky
05-05-2019, 01:58 PM
None of those interest me in the slightest, Chesterfield is easily the closest and let's be honest that's not really a Derby is it, there's no rivalry between the two teams.

Notsohumblepie
05-05-2019, 01:59 PM
(Ben) Dover, Dag & Red, Wrexham.

Ramsbottom United in the EvoStik League might have raised a few eyebrows

countygump
05-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Ramsbottom United in the EvoStik League might have raised a few eyebrows

Hali fax, Notts CoUNTy.

upthemaggies
05-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Imagine being told in the summer of 1994, when the new main stand was being constructed, that in 25 years time we'd be four levels behind Bournemouth and two levels below Fleetwood Town, Burton Albion and a team from Milton Keynes. And in-between, we'd have a future England manager in charge for 3 years and, a decade later, a former England manager and one the best known faces in World Football as a DoF. How would you get your head around that?

Elite_Pie
05-05-2019, 06:55 PM

Seeing as we are non-league virgins, surely Maidenhead deserve a mention.

jscarr
05-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Harrogate and Stockport are the ones I'm looking forward too.

nay123
05-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Already seen notts play at nine of them grounds.

bridpie78
05-05-2019, 07:00 PM
and a former england captain managed and another former england captain played for us

Notts78
05-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Wow there aint too many derbys in that!!! Just Chesterfield if I am reading right... some serious away days in there.... Dover looks like it's a serious slog

Guaranteed to be Dover away on Boxing Day

magpie2k4
05-05-2019, 07:17 PM

Unlikely

In the national league they do local derby double headers at Boxing Day and New Year’s Day

We are likely to play our chesterfield fixtures then.

nw6pie
05-05-2019, 08:19 PM
You can add two of Welling United/Woking and Spennymoor United/Chorley to that list. Sadly for fans of the late, great Frank Sidebottom, Chorley just knocked out Altrincham.

nottscol
05-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Dover sounds quite appealing. Make a weekend of it and combine it with a day out in France, and bring back a few bottles!

upthemaggies
05-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Sadly for fans of the late, great Frank Sidebottom, Chorley just knocked out Altrincham.

And now the Robins, are bobbins, says me,
you know they are, they really are.

nw6pie
05-05-2019, 08:41 PM
And now the Robins, are bobbins, says me,
you know they are, they really are.

“You’re going home in an organized football coach”

irishpete
06-05-2019, 04:32 AM

Think non league fixtures are localish over Xmas