PDA

View Full Version : Notts Conty have broken my heart

navypie
05-05-2019, 10:27 PM
Ok , I have had a drink but who could blame me . You all know me as navy but my family and freinds know me as Phil. Today I took my mum and son up to Wilford Hill to visit my dad. Broke my heart to tell him Notts County were no longer in the Football League. Now, I realise I might be not everyones cup of tea on here but the two reasons I moved back to Nottingham after spending so many years away.... I missed my family and Notts County. My dads team . My sons team.My team.

Just breaks my heart.

countygump
05-05-2019, 10:39 PM
It's crossed my mind more than a few times in the last few days what my brother would think about all this. He was a big Notts fan and was responsible for me being one, as he used to take me to ML when I was a nipster. He died a few years back after a long battle with Parkinsons, horrible disease.

legs77
05-05-2019, 10:47 PM
As long as a takeover is done we will survive we might not get back to league football but we will still have a club im sure you both knew we would go down when we weren’t in control yesterday.

Sad times for both of you with your losses never nice I know what it is like to lose family/friends who supported us and how they would turn in their graves if they knew this was the outcome.

Yes it is sad we went down but family will always come first as it should do.

Boston flyer
06-05-2019, 12:13 AM
It's crossed my mind more than a few times in the last few days what my brother would think about all this. He was a big Notts fan and was responsible for me being one, as he used to take me to ML when I was a nipster. He died a few years back after a long battle with Parkinsons, horrible disease.

Dreadful disease. Thoughts are with you

irishpete
06-05-2019, 04:06 AM
Notts County are not the ones that have broken your heart.It's the pr@t that owns us. He is the one to BLAME, nobody else. The buck stops with him

McCullochisGod
06-05-2019, 05:07 AM
Notts County are not the ones that have broken your heart.It's the pr@t that owns us. He is the one to BLAME, nobody else. The buck stops with him

It's so refreshing to see people sorting the wood from the trees. I was saying this months ago and slagged off. Look where that tit look us!

irishpete
06-05-2019, 05:19 AM
It's so refreshing to see people sorting the wood from the trees. I was saying this months ago and slagged off. Look where that tit look us!

Think you will find I have said he is a tool for a long time

bridpie78
06-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Chins up fellas, look we've been pants for a long long time now,whats so special about staying in the league if we're going to see the same old recipe season after season anyway,it wasn't that much fun was it,at times it was pretty embarrassing to be a notts fan

i myself have fallen out of love with football ,its all money and media now and at our level struggle and there's no magic anymore,we didn't used to know who was getting paid 5k a week and we weren't privy to the size of the owners bank balance(or size of other things for that matter) we just turned up at the lane and watched our team and hoped for a good result so we could enjoy our saturday evenings.... and once in a while we'd do something truly magical that we'll remember forever.

As long as we still turn up i suspect we'll still have a club, lets go into non league without expectations, roaring on our team whoever they are, forget the nonsense,forget about the money and media and support our boys, take our saturdays back and see the magic of football come back to meadow lane..... our best 11 vs their best 11 and may the best team win

i for one am a bit more excited this season,with our fans we could have a home atmosphere every single game,there are some new teams to visit and some old one rivalries to rekindle

break this cycle of failure we've been on, and roll on the FA Cup draw!!! COYP

countygump
06-05-2019, 08:11 AM
No tranny window in The National League, so that's summatt.

Woodypie
06-05-2019, 08:26 AM
Ok , I have had a drink but who could blame me . You all know me as navy but my family and freinds know me as Phil. Today I took my mum and son up to Wilford Hill to visit my dad. Broke my heart to tell him Notts County were no longer in the Football League. Now, I realise I might be not everyones cup of tea on here but the two reasons I moved back to Nottingham after spending so many years away.... I missed my family and Notts County. My dads team . My sons team.My team.

Just breaks my heart.
As my mum used to say during my ill-fated ****age romances, plenty of other fish to fry. She was Swiss so metaphors weren't her strong suit. With a fair wind next season could be quite exciting. We might even win a game or two.

The-Mac pie
06-05-2019, 08:29 AM

Just breaks my heart.

Nice post navy..
I somehow have to feel that better times are ahead..
We all want a team to support we’re proud of..
We can then share the times ahead like we have the past and hopefully move the club forward with pride..
We all have one thing in common.
Black and white blood

CheltenhamPie
06-05-2019, 09:06 AM

Just breaks my heart.

Your post brought many memories back to me, and I understand exactly how you feel. My family have supported Notts since the late 19th Century, and although I now live in Glucestershire, my son and grandson are continuing the long tradition.

I am trying to be philosophical about it all, but the dreadful reports coming out from many sources about the toxic atmosphere within the club has proved a few posters spot on in their views.

Tomorrow is another day and a fresh start in the long history of Notts County is beginning. I pray that we attract an owner who will bring stability, professional footballing management and of course some money, a love of Notts and ambition for long term success.

Cheer up Navy, we are still in there fighting for our club.

MAD_MAGPIE
06-05-2019, 10:27 AM

Just breaks my heart.

Your pain is shared. It has brought tears to many fans eyes to lose our league status. Of course it’s only a game but it’s everything else that surrounds it, the tradition, the history, friends and loved ones that are not with us anymore who shared our passion and love for all things Notts County. The time and emotional investment. You have to be a part of it to understand or at least be a supporter of a football club.

That video the club did which is online which showed the reaction of the fans at Swindon once the game had gone and we were down and Neal Ardley talking about the fans is enough to break any Notts fans hearts. Real tears will be shed watching that.

We are all gutted but may our pain also be our unity and strength going forward. I know after Saturday one thing that I’m more proud of our supporters and our club than at any other time. The fans have gone down with grace dignity and have much respect from the footballing world.

We’ve got our 5,000-6,000 and no matter what as long as we stick with it Notts County will always exist. We may fall or be down for a while but we shall never be broken and will never give up our love for our club.

Fingers crossed and hoping for a brighter more successful future. It’s what Notts fans deserve.

Simon the Pieman
06-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Such sadness and yes largely the fault of one idiot. Can't wait to read a report telling us that Hardy no longer owns the club. Of all the owners we could have we end up with him. Deserves all he gets. Hope he loses his golf club.

Davy500
06-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Your pain is shared. It has brought tears to many fans eyes to lose our league status. Of course it’s only a game but it’s everything else that surrounds it, the tradition, the history, friends and loved ones that are not with us anymore who shared our passion and love for all things Notts County. The time and emotional investment. You have to be a part of it to understand or at least be a supporter of a football club.

That video the club did which is online which showed the reaction of the fans at Swindon once the game had gone and we were down and Neal Ardley talking about the fans is enough to break any Notts fans hearts. Real tears will be shed watching that.

We are all gutted but may our pain also be our unity and strength going forward. I know after Saturday one thing that I’m more proud of our supporters and our club than at any other time. The fans have gone down with grace dignity and have much respect from the footballing world.

We’ve got our 5,000-6,000 and no matter what as long as we stick with it Notts County will always exist. We may fall or be down for a while but we shall never be broken and will never give up our love for our club.

Fingers crossed and hoping for a brighter more successful future. It’s what Notts fans deserve.

Well i was devastated that a proud club like Notts have been reduced to this, but i will be supporting Notts County in the National league

My dad first took me to meadow lane in the early 80,s , when they had the wooden benches in what is now the Derek Pavis stand.

I have seen Notts in all four divisions, now there will be a 5th one to add to the list

As long as the club exists, the support of many fans will never die, no matter what

McCullochisGod
06-05-2019, 02:31 PM
IT'S NOT THE CLUB...It's the horrible people that have frequented it over the last 10 years.

Elite_Pie
06-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Hope he loses his golf club.

Won't be much of a problem if he does. You can pick up a five iron pretty cheap on ebay.

BanjoPie
06-05-2019, 04:11 PM
Such sadness and yes largely the fault of one idiot. Can't wait to read a report telling us that Hardy no longer owns the club. Of all the owners we could have we end up with him. Deserves all he gets. Hope he loses his golf club.

Pratt

bridpie78
06-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Pratt

i'll second that

countygump
06-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Pratt.

Like my old Mum used to say, 'Never wish ill on others or'.........