PDA

View Full Version : On Reflection

keldsyke
06-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Anyone else think we may come back stronger from all this, and relegation maybe a blessing in disguise?

Hopefully (if and when) the takeover is complete we can re-build the club from the bottom up.

The mentality in the club needs to change, this is a massive wake up call and living on the ‘Oldest Professional Club’ doesn’t automatically guarantee you a place in the league.

Although a fair few ex league teams have struggled there are a few successes from teams who have come back, stronger and gone further, Mansfield, Luton etc. I think the one thing we have in our favour is our attendances. In a strange way I’m looking forward to next season.

Reading the O Brien thread, he is the type of player with the right mentality we need to keep to move the club forward. Maybe even captain material?

slack_pie
06-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Yes, if the takeover goes ahead and our new owners are legitimate. But that's a massive 'if'.

If it doesn't, or if the next owners don't have the money or sense to take us forward, i fear for our future.

Yet another turning point in the history of Notts County. When was the last time we turned the right way?

countygump
06-05-2019, 08:14 AM
The thing is,

Don't wish it away, don't look at it like it's forever.

downunderpie
06-05-2019, 08:32 AM
The thing is,

Don't wish it away, don't look at it like it's forever.

I guess that's why they call it the blues.

countygump
06-05-2019, 08:37 AM
On reflection: Big Al's Notts County:

V: is for vanity.
A: is for ar5ehole.
N: is for nob out.
A: is for ar5ehole again, you can't say that word enough in relation to the Biggun.
R: is for relegation, what else could it be?
A: is for absolute ar5ehole to the power of 10.
M: is for the long suffering Magpies.
A: