PDA

View Full Version : All four stands to be open?

ivansneck
07-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Will Notts use all 4 stands next season? No reason to for most games, except perhaps Chesterfield.

Chicken Balti Pie
07-05-2019, 02:37 PM
I'd imagine so, they're selling season tickets for three of the stands

countygump
07-05-2019, 02:40 PM
I'd imagine so, they're selling season tickets for three of the stands

I'm surprised they're not allowing home support in the Sirrel as well. What few away supporters we're gonna get can be put up in the corner near Z block.

BigFatPie
07-05-2019, 02:49 PM
I’ve read that Meadow Lane will be the biggest ground ever seen in the NL. There will have to be some pretty decent imaginative schemes to somehow fill it up. Whatever his other failings, big Al has been very good in getting the crowds up.

irishpete
07-05-2019, 02:53 PM
Not the only thing he got up at ML by all accounts

Frigiliana Pie 1
07-05-2019, 03:40 PM
I’ve read that Meadow Lane will be the biggest ground ever seen in the NL. There will have to be some pretty decent imaginative schemes to somehow fill it up. Whatever his other failings, big Al has been very good in getting the crowds up.

I think that, very briefly, there was a larger ground in the NL. When Darlington went down in 2010, they were playing in a modern stadium built to hold 25,000. Their attendances were extremely small, sometimes less than 2000, and it must have been like playing football in a morgue. The whole thing was completely unsustainable and they’ll moved out about a year after relegation . After sharing a ground in Bishop Auckland, they’re now back at a different ground in Darlington, with a capacity of just 3300. Having such a large stadium was a millstone around the club’s neck and a major factor in it having to go into receivership.

Hopefully similar events won’t take place at Meadow Lane. I think that for the first year at least, attendances by away fans might be quite good as some will see a visit to a large stadium and a famous club as an attraction and will make a special effort to attend. Stockport and possibly Wrexham, might bring a decent following as well as Chesterfield. But there might have to be a rethink once the novelty wears off.

slack_pie
07-05-2019, 03:48 PM
I think that for the first year at least, attendances by away fans might be quite good as some will see a visit to a large stadium and a famous club as an attraction and will make a special effort to attend. Stockport and possibly Wrexham, might bring a decent following as well as Chesterfield. But there might have to be a rethink once the novelty wears off.

I doubt it. Most of these clubs don't have more than a couple thousand supporters, and there are hardly any local rivalries. Stockport and Wrexham will bring 300 or so, the rest about 100 or less. Chesterfield, on the other hand, will probably sell out the away, what with it being the only 'big' away day all season.

marky
07-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Chesterfield will bring 1800, Stockport 600, Wrexham 350, Barnet 200 and the rest of them less than 50.

upthemaggies
07-05-2019, 03:54 PM
I think that, very briefly, there was a larger ground in the NL. When Darlington went down in 2010, they were playing in a modern stadium built to hold 25,000..

Correct, but the capacity was limited to 10k because of the poor road access to the ground.

ivansneck
07-05-2019, 03:56 PM
I saw a game there against Wrexham 750...

ManchesterMagpie
07-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Some bloke in the Kop told me at the last home game against Grimsby that the Kop (lower) is going back to away fans from next season and all home fans will be in the Pavis. County Road and the Family stand are to be closed off to keep the cost of stewarding down.

No idea who his source was but he seemed fairly convinced. Can't see it myself though...

Elite_Pie
07-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Some bloke in the Kop told me at the last home game against Grimsby that the Kop (lower) is going back to away fans from next season and all home fans will be in the Pavis. County Road and the Family stand are to be closed off to keep the cost of stewarding down.

No idea who his source was but he seemed fairly convinced. Can't see it myself though...

When you consider that season tickets have been sold in all three home stands, "some bloke" is talking complete and utter bollox.

queenslandpie
07-05-2019, 08:14 PM
It would surely be sensible to be agile and close the County Road for most games unless there is a decent following and stick the tiny away contingents either in part of the family stand or the far end of the Pavis just opening the County Road when there is a decent away support which will be about 4 times. Most teams wont bring any more than 200. I cant believe I am having this conversation.

ManchesterMagpie
07-05-2019, 08:31 PM
When you consider that season tickets have been sold in all three home stands, "some bloke" is talking complete and utter bollox.
Inclined to agree with you..

marky
07-05-2019, 08:33 PM
They'll close stands for the FA Trophy games if there's any at home, same with the FA Cup qualifying rounds.

MagicBoots
07-05-2019, 09:12 PM
I think that, very briefly, there was a larger ground in the NL. When Darlington went down in 2010, they were playing in a modern stadium built to hold 25,000. Their attendances were extremely small, sometimes less than 2000, and it must have been like playing football in a morgue. The whole thing was completely unsustainable and they’ll moved out about a year after relegation . After sharing a ground in Bishop Auckland, they’re now back at a different ground in Darlington, with a capacity of just 3300. Having such a large stadium was a millstone around the club’s neck and a major factor in it having to go into receivership.

Hopefully similar events won’t take place at Meadow Lane. I think that for the first year at least, attendances by away fans might be quite good as some will see a visit to a large stadium and a famous club as an attraction and will make a special effort to attend. Stockport and possibly Wrexham, might bring a decent following as well as Chesterfield. But there might have to be a rethink once the novelty wears off.

Yeah remember going to the Darlington Arena, George Reynolds was it ? Heard recently it was built with incorrect planning permission so was demolished. A brand new 25K stadium, demolished. There are some bizarre happenings in football, but this most rate very highly. As other poster mentioned, really cannot believe we are having this conversation but a chance I guess to tick off some places never done before, (and regretted), i.e. Torquay.

queenslandpie
07-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Inclined to agree with you..

I mean it wouldnt be like the club to have some terms and conditions in the sale of season tickets that if necessary they can move you to another stand would it and then enforce that if required. I mean that couldn't possibly happen could it.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
07-05-2019, 09:42 PM
I have it on good authority that the St. John’s ambulance cabin in the corner of county road/family stand is being converted to the new away section !

nw6pie
08-05-2019, 12:27 AM
They'll close stands for the FA Trophy games if there's any at home, same with the FA Cup qualifying rounds.

We only have one FA Cup qualifying tie (fourth qualifying round) before the first round proper. Remember the good old days when we went in at the third round stage? Still, if we get through to the first round, we’re a shoo-in for TV coverage.

tied_up_in_notts
08-05-2019, 12:56 AM
Still, if we get through to the first round, we’re a shoo-in for TV coverage.

Especially if we draw a big "league club" like Forest Green Rovers, or Crawley or Morecambe or even Accrington Stanley, and we have the chance of a "giant-killing".

God, it brings it home to you, doesn't it?

slack_pie
08-05-2019, 04:58 AM
Especially if we draw a big "league club" like Forest Green Rovers, or Crawley or Morecambe or even Accrington Stanley, and we have the chance of a "giant-killing".

God, it brings it home to you, doesn't it?

Two divisions below Accrington. That's a slap in the face.