Dobbie, todd

Dobmeister
08-05-2019, 12:46 PM
For this game i would like to see

Deniz
Mercer, doyle, mcgurie, marshal
Sterling, wilson, jacobs, murray
Dobbie, todd
For all Dykes' faults he remains the best partner to get the maximum out of Dobbie. I'm sure Montrose will be delighted if he doesn't start.
I like Todd as a player but for all Dykes was poor last night I thought Todd was poorer still.
Only really Murray and Marshall got pass marks for me last night. Stirling tried to make things happen but wasn't really on long enough to have an impact so I agree he should start on Saturday.

ALBERTZ_11
08-05-2019, 03:15 PM
I have had Marshall man of the match for the last three games...

jardi
08-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Marshall would be the first name on my team sheet, probably followed by Doyle. The effort from those two is incredible!

JRSLEFTPEG
08-05-2019, 04:19 PM
The main problem on Saturday will be frustration among the fans and players. Montrose will come here to stay resolute and try and get the fans on our backs. We must try and stay patient and behind the players
because it will only result in over hit passes and misplaced kicks. We will get opportunities but only with a cool head will we be able to put them away. We really need to get McGuire and Stirling on from the start as well

Francis_begbie_HFC
08-05-2019, 04:29 PM
For this game i would like to see

Deniz
Mercer, doyle, mcgurie, marshal
Sterling, wilson, jacobs, murray
Dobbie, todd

i agree with this lineup andy but id change todd with murray ,lyndon ****es has to be dropped i really dont see what people see in this clown .

Francis_begbie_HFC
08-05-2019, 04:30 PM
hopefully dobbie can play a part bring him on at halftime for an impact or start him if he can give his all .

Dobmeister
08-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Marshall would be the first name on my team sheet, probably followed by Doyle. The effort from those two is incredible!
First name of the team sheet absolutely has to be Dobbie. Irreplaceable.
Marshall and Doyle are model professionals.
Marshall was our best player last night. Doyle who I really like had an absolute shocker. He's never a central midfielder so starting hime there did him no favours. He was just as bad at RB to be honest though. Not having a go at the guy as he has done really well for us in a variety of roles but he was really poor last night.

deek5trans
08-05-2019, 08:47 PM
It should all be about how we can bombard the Montrose goal not how we should set up to defend.

The team that started the other night won't do.
Dobbie needs to start, Stirling needs to start and Conor Murray need to start (imo)
Dykes, encourage him not moan everytime he loses the ball. I don't even know why he wanted to stay on to till the end of the season with the amount of stick he gets. He isn't a goal scorer, some fans still can't work this out.. He's the big guy who holds the ball up and lays it off.

We will be fine so long as we don't set defensively. I don't think we will be.

Francis_begbie_HFC
09-05-2019, 01:06 PM
hmmm deek iv also never seen him as a goal scorer type he has not got the composure to score goals ,and as for the big guy that holds the ball up and plays people in ,loool are you watching the same guy deek ,he has zero first touch ,he hardly wins anything in the air ,all he has going for him is he is a rumble headless runner type to cause nothing more than a obstruction to opposing players .

ALBERTZ_11
09-05-2019, 03:43 PM
hmmm deek iv also never seen him as a goal scorer type he has not got the composure to score goals ,and as for the big guy that holds the ball up and plays people in ,loool are you watching the same guy deek ,he has zero first touch ,he hardly wins anything in the air ,all he has going for him is he is a rumble headless runner type to cause nothing more than a obstruction to opposing players .

I have no idea what Gary Holt sees in him. I reckon he will hardly feature next season at Livingston.

Auld_Chippy
09-05-2019, 08:54 PM
I would disagree about Dykes hardly winning anything in the air, I'm pretty sure he'll win a good percentage of headers, the problem is that he doesn't direct them towards a teammate, or maybe to be a bit fairer to him, his teammates don't read better where he will put it. He's played every game I think because he is a seen as a good target man.

JRSLEFTPEG
09-05-2019, 09:18 PM
I would disagree about Dykes hardly winning anything in the air, I'm pretty sure he'll win a good percentage of headers, the problem is that he doesn't direct them towards a teammate, or maybe to be a bit fairer to him, his teammates don't read better where he will put it. He's played every game I think because he is a seen as a good target man.
I suspect it's a bit of both. Reading this reminded me of a certain Derek Holmes. Not everyone's cup of tea and very slow but what an excellent link man. His flick ons always seemed to be aimed at a Queens player or one running onto his deft touch.

ALBERTZ_11
09-05-2019, 10:02 PM

Yes indeed, the only Queens player to have played every minute of every match this season...

ALBERTZ_11
11-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Queens 5 Montrose 0
Dobbie Hat-trick Number 6 of the season
43 goals this season....New Club Record
43 Appearances this season

Truthhurts
11-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Can’t breathe!

deek5trans
11-05-2019, 11:01 PM

He had a cracking game today, a goal and two assists

Truthhurts
11-05-2019, 11:11 PM
Can’t breathe!

Francis_begbie_HFC
11-05-2019, 11:24 PM
He had a cracking game today, a goal and two assists

yep deek i was saying that to jr on the terrace today ,one of dykes best games for the club ,credit where credits due ,still not my cup of tea tho .

Spikefaethesouth
12-05-2019, 04:39 AM
No failures today and it was like night and day when compared with the Thistle game. Lethal finishing like that associated with the earlier part of the season was back and what a difference having a fit Dobbie makes to this team as well as the link up with a resurgent Dykes. The drive, running and enthusiasm of young Connor was also a joy to watch which caused Montrose endless problems throughout and he was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Raith will be no pushovers but a repeat of this performance should be enough to see us retain our Championship status but we must now avoid being complacent as well as over confident on the back of this result alone.

Ftivano1
12-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Queens 5 Montrose 0
Dobbie Hat-trick Number 6 of the season
43 goals this season....New Club Record
43 Appearances this season

And previous record - holder Nicky Clark there to witness it. Great first 45 minutes and now on to the Kingdom of Fife to face the Rovers who have their own prolific goalscorer with over 30 goals - Kevin Nesbit

ALBERTZ_11
12-05-2019, 11:33 AM
And previous record - holder Nicky Clark there to witness it. Great first 45 minutes and now on to the Kingdom of Fife to face the Rovers who have their own prolific goalscorer with over 30 goals - Kevin Nesbit

I wonder if Clark will sign for Queens next season, although he is no doubt under contract at the Arabs...

Francis_begbie_HFC
12-05-2019, 01:45 PM

now theres a player i would like to see at queens kevin nesbit ,i liked the look of him while he was at morton and thought we should be looking into him then ,now at raith ,good player the lad .

ALBERTZ_11
12-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Couldn't recall where I had seen him with previously

Bagapapa
12-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Please tell me that you are a single man!

ALBERTZ_11
12-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Please tell me that you are a single man!

Nope

ALBERTZ_11
12-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Couldn't recall where I had seen him with previously

Couldn't recall where I had seen him PLAY previously

ALBERTZ_11
12-05-2019, 10:28 PM
https://youtu.be/2atpDptA3ZQ

ALBERTZ_11
13-05-2019, 03:40 PM
https://youtu.be/ZBUQex4MpBE

ALBERTZ_11