PDA

View Full Version : Macclesfield

irishpete
08-05-2019, 08:58 AM
In Court today, Chairman resigned. Admin bound? What happens if they get as expected,get a few weeks grace,fixtures come out & they go to the wall? Hypothetical I know, just curious

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 09:03 AM
In Court today, Chairman resigned. Admin bound? What happens if they get as expected,get a few weeks grace,fixtures come out & they go to the wall? Hypothetical I know, just curious

They've already had a few weeks grace, it was adjourned to today in the first place. Unless they have extenuating circumstances like being sold, they should have already paid

Pie1862
08-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Saw on FB it was for a £17k debt - i'm guessing they've covered that now. Did they get paid yet?

legs77
08-05-2019, 09:35 AM

He is only the chairman not the owner.

downunderpie
08-05-2019, 09:36 AM
17k i have heard that some players get more than that a week, .................or is it a hour?

irishpete
08-05-2019, 09:38 AM
He is only the chairman not the owner.

I know that.Strange he resigns the day before due in Court

legs77
08-05-2019, 09:48 AM
I know that.Strange he resigns the day before due in Court

True he probably doesn't like the owner but stayed at the club till the end of the season to not rock the boat.

I work with a Macclesfield fan i'm sure he said the money they owe is over some lights haha

Pie1862
08-05-2019, 10:26 AM
https://twitter.com/jack_ranson/status/1126070231850541058

Macc adjourned until 26th June...

apieandpint
08-05-2019, 10:35 AM
It appears they owe 73k to the HMRC and a further 20k to a local side they shared a training ground with.

Either way, if they go into admin on the 26th, that won't affect them till next season.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 10:41 AM
It appears they owe 73k to the HMRC and a further 20k to a local side they shared a training ground with.

Either way, if they go into admin on the 26th, that won't affect them till next season.

Correct, although they struggled to pay the 17K they owed with their wages, I wonder how they're going to pay the much larger sum with no income?

legs77
08-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Correct, although they struggled to pay the 17K they owed with their wages, I wonder how they're going to pay the much larger sum with no income?

Correct but if they do go into admin it has no impact on us now.

Some of our fans need to face facts we aren't going to be saved by another club and we will be playing Bromley / Dover next season more than likely with an idiot as owner (AGAIN).

countygump
08-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Correct but if they do go into admin it has no impact on us now.

Some of our fans need to face facts we aren't going to be saved by another club and we will be playing Bromley / Dover next season more than likely with an idiot as owner (AGAIN).

Not true as I understand it. If points deductions alter relegation or promotion issues, They shall be applied in the same season that a club goes into admin, so sayeth the Lord.

Leaving that aside, it's time we fronted up and stop clutching at other clubs misfortune. We are where we are cos we're sheite. We got ourselves into it and it's only right we get ourselves out of it. So delete samaritans from your speed dial and let's get on wit de ferger. Gump family breed em hard !!!!

legs77
08-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Not true as I understand it. If points deductions alter relegation or promotion issues, They shall be applied in the same season that a club goes into admin, so sayeth the Lord.

Leaving that aside, it's time we fronted up and stop clutching at other clubs misfortune. We are where we are cos we're sheite. We got ourselves into it and it's only right we get ourselves out of it. So delete samaritans from your speed dial and let's get on wit de ferger. Gump family breed em hard !!!!

That is only if they go into Admin before the league two play off final that isn't going to happen if they are in court in June.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 11:32 AM

The season is finished after the playoff finals, at that point all things are carried out and classed as the new season

BigFatPie
08-05-2019, 11:33 AM

No harm in keeping an eye on the trials and tribulations of other clubs, especially if they could be to the benefit of the club we support.

I’d take anything if it kept us up, hope that doesn’t make me a bad person.

cher1
08-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Correct Gumpeh. They would get the deduction this season not next.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Correct Gumpeh. They would get the deduction this season not next.

Only if adminstration happened before the final play off. After that point, it would be applied for the next season regardless as the season is deemed over. I suspect that is one of the reasons the Bolton are back again on May 22nd otherwise it causes a lot of hassle within the EFL if they weren't to secure admin and the plug was pulled

irishpete
08-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Wheels were set in motion before season ends,so apply this?

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Wheels were set in motion before season ends,so apply this?

The winding up order yes but *IF* they go into admin, that will be a new insolvency event altogether. Depending on when that is triggered would depend on when the penalty is given. If (again, it's a very big if!) They went in before the end of the playoffs, it would be applied to this season and ergo, Notts would stay up. If it happened after the playoffs, then it would apply next season

countygump
08-05-2019, 11:54 AM
No harm in keeping an eye on the trials and tribulations of other clubs, especially if they could be to the benefit of the club we support.

I’d take anything if it kept us up, hope that doesn’t make me a bad person.

Not at all BFP. If anything happened and we somehow managed to stay up, we'd all take it, as we would have no other choice.

jonnyt1
08-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Time to face the truth. We were deservedly relegated.

There will be no 2nd coming of Christ to save us.

The National League awaits us.

countygump
08-05-2019, 12:26 PM
The season is finished after the playoff finals, at that point all things are carried out and classed as the new season

Been trying to find the appropriate rule. Feel sure if they altered relegation or promotion issues, they were applied the same season. The reason being clubs like Leeds, Boston and Luton were purposely waiting till seasons end before they went into admin to avoid a points deduction/relegation, that's why these rules were bought in. Shall carry on looking.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Been trying to find the appropriate rule. Feel sure if they altered relegation or promotion issues, they were applied the same season. The reason being clubs like Leeds, Boston and Luton were purposely waiting till seasons end before they went into admin to avoid a points deduction/relegation, that's why these rules were bought in. Shall carry on looking.

You'll find it in the sections that state if a club can't complete their fixtures or cease to be a club.

cher1
08-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Only if adminstration happened before the final play off. After that point, it would be applied for the next season regardless as the season is deemed over. I suspect that is one of the reasons the Bolton are back again on May 22nd otherwise it causes a lot of hassle within the EFL if they weren't to secure admin and the plug was pulled

The way I'm reading rule 12.3.4 b, it's applied this season. Am I reading it wrong (probably!)?

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 01:15 PM
The way I'm reading rule 12.3.4 b, it's applied this season. Am I reading it wrong (probably!)?

You're reading it correctly, it's just what they consider the end of the season which is the confusion of it all. So they class the end of the playoffs as the end of the season, so if they head into admin after the playoff finals, then it would apply regardless next year I believe. If it was in the window of between now and the end of the playoffs, then it would apply this year

OP67
08-05-2019, 02:40 PM
The rules these days are that if a club enters adnimistration before 5.00pm on the 4th Thursday of March the point are deducted from the current season. After that date it's next season, simple really.

It's to avoid situations like Boston United who went in to admin with a minute of their final game left as they were already relegated.

Look at the EFL rules 12.3.3 a, b &c.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-3---the-league/

cjpieman
08-05-2019, 03:06 PM
The rules these days are that if a club enters adnimistration before 5.00pm on the 4th Thursday of March the point are deducted from the current season. After that date it's next season, simple really.

It's to avoid situations like Boston United who went in to admin with a minute of their final game left as they were already relegated.

Look at the EFL rules 12.3.3 a, b &c.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-3---the-league/

That’s not a complete scenario and their ruling 12.3.4 goes on to say in not so many words that clubs who go into admin after that date in March and where relegation would be a consideration then the points are deducted for that season....not the start of the next.

The wording is incredibly ambiguous though

cjpieman
08-05-2019, 03:17 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me if there are lawyers all over this right now...from Hardys to any new owners to Mac Town.

Mac town may be about to test the whole football league rules should they go into admin come june. When does the last season end and the new one begin ?? One might suggest the new one doesn’t begin until the first ball is kicked in August ??.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 03:23 PM
So apparently Macclesfield players haven't been paid yet for April and they were going to boycott the Cambridge game but decided against it. They look to be up the creek

bridpie78
08-05-2019, 03:29 PM
what if hardy bought macclesfield and put them into admin, he'd totally redeem himself XD

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 03:42 PM
what if hardy bought macclesfield and put them into admin, he'd totally redeem himself XD

Maybe that's the hold up 😂

SwalePie
08-05-2019, 03:47 PM

I like it! :) Or Smurf buys Macc and puts them into admin immediately.

Oldstripy
08-05-2019, 03:49 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me if there are lawyers all over this right now...from Hardys to any new owners to Mac Town.

Mac town may be about to test the whole football league rules should they go into admin come june. When does the last season end and the new one begin ?? One might suggest the new one doesn’t begin until the first ball is kicked in August ??.

Player contracts run 31st July to 31st July so I assume that's the how the season runs.

upthemaggies
08-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Player contracts run 31st July to 31st July so I assume that's the how the season runs.

Fixtures are out by then, that would be way too late to start changing a club's division. If Notts just swapped fixtures with Macc for example we could end up clashing with Fword most of the season and end up playing on Friday/Sunday, or going to Carlisle on Boxing Day. Hardly ideal and a scenario you'd assume the league would want to avoid when drawing up the rules.

matt_magpie
08-05-2019, 03:57 PM

And on that point they need to be paying wages for all those players till then with no gate money coming in. Those players aren’t going to accept it either as they are not on great money and will need to support their families. I didn’t want us to stay up like this but I would 100% take it,you can bet your bottom dollar Hardy will be all over this.

countygump
08-05-2019, 04:05 PM
That’s not a complete scenario and their ruling 12.3.4 goes on to say in not so many words that clubs who go into admin after that date in March and where relegation would be a consideration then the points are deducted for that season....not the start of the next.

The wording is incredibly ambiguous though

Amphibious or not, that's the one I was looking for. Didn't Luton go into admin after the 4th March to avoid just that scenario? That's why they changed the rules. But what they did do is give Luton a -30 points (12+18) deduction the following season for financial irregularities.

SwalePie
08-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Apologies if already posted somewhere in this thread but here's the Macc players' statement:

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1126136866930085888

bridpie78
08-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Apologies if already posted somewhere in this thread but here's the Macc players' statement:

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1126136866930085888

you know the gutting thing about that is, that even if they hadn't fulfilled the cambridge fixture our naff players and manager would still have got us relegated at swindon