PDA

View Full Version : Mirror article.... Gulp.

SwalePie
08-05-2019, 03:50 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/london-property-developers-eye-notts-15015341

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 03:51 PM
The same James Nursery that said Smurfwaite was about to take over?

SwalePie
08-05-2019, 03:53 PM

Yep, the very same. So Alex May goes to the front of the frame now I guess. I thought Charlie Slater's sinister mention of him on EMT last night was odd.

Big Bob
08-05-2019, 03:55 PM
If this is true (though i believe what i read in Viz comic than the Mirror), what happened to the South African consortium?

countygump
08-05-2019, 03:56 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/london-property-developers-eye-notts-15015341

They can whack some appartements/hotel on the car park for me, (wasted land anyway), if it meant increased revenue. Even if it meant reducing the size of the Kop, (sacrilege!!!), it's too big for us anyrode.

McCullochisGod
08-05-2019, 03:57 PM

£5M he has got to be dreaming again! What is there to buy that is worth £5M. Tony Kenworthy the ex professional who went to prison previously as Director of Football. I think this could be interesting, a mini Munto all over again?

bridpie78
08-05-2019, 03:58 PM
They can whack some appartements/hotel on the car park for me, (wasted land anyway), if it meant increased revenue. Even if it meant reducing the size of the Kop, (sacrilege!!!), it's too big for us anyrode.

we ought to protect the kop because every new owner always promises us championship in 5 years, law of averages says one of them will get it right one day :P

cjpieman
08-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Build till your hearts content for me.

Leyton Orients ground is great with flats in at least 2 corners ??

Build a Hilton hotel at the back of the stand too.

The ground is owned by Nottm council - let’s not forget that

McCullochisGod
08-05-2019, 04:00 PM
If this is true (though i believe what i read in Viz comic than the Mirror), what happened to the South African consortium?

Who does Sid the ***ist remind you of? Or even Buster Gonads who already has a wheelbarrow!

upthemaggies
08-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Yep, the very same. So Alex May goes to the front of the frame now I guess. I thought Charlie Slater's sinister mention of him on EMT last night was odd.

The NEP mentioned May back on April 23 along with Smurf as "two other" interested parties.

The South African will presumably turn out to be as credible as the mega rich Dane rumoured to be buying us when Trew was selling up.

Big Bob
Who does Sid the ***ist remind you of? Or even Buster Gonads who already has a wheelbarrow!

Very good that.
I can just see it all being more of Hardy's compulsive lies and bullsh1t

countygump

Biggunn has to be Aldridge Prior and Nolan as Eight Ace.

Bohinen
08-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Biggunn has to be Aldridge Prior and Nolan as Eight Ace.

Biggun is Terry ****witt, more like

MagpieMike

Total bull. (The Mirror article, no problem with you posting the link Swale).

The Mirror writer shows a total lack of knowledge of NCFC, there is the small problem that we don't own the ground, so there is nothing for a property investor to buy.

ancientpie
Unless we get another AH ( a fan with more money than brains) any buyer who comes in will be looking to get their hands on summat & the only thing that's worth owt is the ground or at least the land it stands on! I renewed my ST today but to be honest I am sick of the whole circus at the minute, I couldn't give a toss who owns us, I couldn't give a toss who manages us, I couldn't give a toss who plays for us & I couldn't give a toss what league we are in, I just want a boring,run of the mill,competitive football club that I can follow through thick & thin & slag off till my hearts content..

LilCrazyKim
08-05-2019, 04:21 PM
If they are genuinely interested they seem to be overlooking the minor detail that we don't actually own Meadow Lane.

bridpie78
08-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Seems like a made up story ,the ground isn't ours to sell and as for their 'insider' does anyone know a notts fan that would use a word like affinity XD
The only bit of truth in there is that hardy is desperate to sell and them publicizing that isn't helping his cause much

mark45
08-05-2019, 04:23 PM
For anyone interested.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03325149/filing-history

countygump
08-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Unless we get another AH ( a fan with more money than brains) any buyer who comes in will be looking to get their hands on summat & the only thing that's worth owt is the ground or at least the land it stands on! I renewed my ST today but to be honest I am sick of the whole circus at the minute, I couldn't give a toss who owns us, I couldn't give a toss who manages us, I couldn't give a toss who plays for us & I couldn't give a toss what league we are in, I just want a boring,run of the mill,competitive football club that I can follow through thick & thin & slag off till my hearts content..

Agreed. I couldn't give a toss if they held a pancake race or a caber throwing competition at half time either.

Big Bob
08-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Seems like a made up story ,the ground isn't ours to sell and as for their 'insider' does anyone know a notts fan that would use a word like affinity XD
The only bit of truth in there is that hardy is desperate to sell and them publicizing that isn't helping his cause much

I've just searched the mirror site and nothing comes up at all.

mark45
08-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Remember guys the ground is protected until we drop another level. Now there is nothing stopping them moving us to another site.

upthemaggies
08-05-2019, 04:34 PM
NEP just published a new article

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/fresh-consortium-working-overtake-south-2846759

irishpete
08-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Thats a tabloid printing a story & only telling part of the story.The Express did it the 1st tome when smurf was 1st mentioned last month.Don't mention the SA because they have no info.
They must search the web for stories

SwalePie
08-05-2019, 04:37 PM
They must search the web for stories

I think you're right. Let's plant a few false ones in new threads and see how long it takes for them to hit the national papers.

GranthamPie
08-05-2019, 04:38 PM
It won't come up on the main site... these "Journalist" use made up stories on Twitter as click bait.

irishpete
08-05-2019, 04:43 PM

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/fresh-consortium-working-overtake-south-2846759

According to the "Mirror" in the red rag says it about journalism

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
08-05-2019, 04:46 PM
The Spion Kop Hotel has a lovely ring to it

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 04:49 PM
According to the "Mirror" in the red rag says it about journalism

It's the same company, Reach PLC

irishpete
08-05-2019, 04:50 PM
The Spion Kop Hotel has a lovely ring to it

Not far to go for a quick ride for some

Chicken Balti Pie
08-05-2019, 04:51 PM
For anyone interested.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03325149/filing-history

They had an operating profit of £5m... They have less money than Hardy it seems. Absolutely no chance

GranthamPie
08-05-2019, 04:52 PM

This is the problem with so called "Journalist" today. They pick up on a "made up story" on Twitter (I know this because Curtis commented on the tweet about an hour ago) and hey presto.. its in tonights Evening Post! Lazy Journalism is not the word!! My advice is not to believe a word out of the MSM because all they do all day is sit behind a computer and regurgitate lies and half truths.

So Alex May (whoever the fcuk he is) is looking to develop some/part of/near the Stadium... why buy a football club to do that? Theres land as far as the ****ing eye can see down the Trent. Alex May is apparently some sort of Investment man... doesn't sound like a very good one to me.

Bohinen
08-05-2019, 04:56 PM
So Alex May (whoever the fcuk he is) is looking to develop some/part of/near the Stadium... why buy a football club to do that? Theres land as far as the ****ing eye can see down the Trent. Alex May is apparently some sort of Investment man... doesn't sound like a very good one to me.

Indeed, and why buy a club that doesn't even own its own ground. The area's a **** hole in all honesty anyway.

irishpete
08-05-2019, 04:57 PM
This is the problem with so called "Journalist" today. They pick up on a "made up story" on Twitter (I know this because Curtis commented on the tweet about an hour ago) and hey presto.. its in tonights Evening Post! Lazy Journalism is not the word!! My advice is not to believe a word out of the MSM because all they do all day is sit behind a computer and regurgitate lies and half truths.

Agreed. One of scoops 4 a day stories. I mean we have one of the biggest ****ters on here.Our own Sid Snott, the ex journalist

GranthamPie
08-05-2019, 04:59 PM
... and the asking price... £5,000,000. Only a raving lunatic would pay £5M for nothing... zilch... diddley squat.

.. anyway, gotta go... just received an email from a Nigerian who's just told me a distant relative as just died and they've left me a fortune.

upthemaggies
08-05-2019, 05:02 PM
What did Hardy pay for the club?

Meanwhile.... "Ex-Liverpool and Leeds United midfielder Harry Kewell is as short as 2/1 with some bookmakers to be the next permanent manager of Yeovil Town."

SwalePie
08-05-2019, 05:04 PM
What did Hardy pay for the club?

Meanwhile.... "Ex-Liverpool and Leeds United midfielder Harry Kewell is as short as 2/1 with some bookmakers to be the next permanent manager of Yeovil Town."

....whose own takeover has reportedly fallen through, although another is apparently in the offing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48200035

irishpete
08-05-2019, 05:06 PM
... and the asking price... £5,000,000. Only a raving lunatic would pay £5M for nothing... zilch... diddley squat.

.. anyway, gotta go... just received an email from a Nigerian who's just told me a distant relative as just died and they've left me a fortune.

You must be related to me then ;)

Biker9999
08-05-2019, 05:07 PM
I think some of you are missing the point here. The area around Meadow Lane is very poor and I am sure the Council would want to develop it. What better to have a property developer control the club with an (unwritten?) agreement that there would be no obstacle to giving planning permission for a hotel/flats on or at the back of the Kop to start to give the whole area a lift. Wheeler dealing on key areas of property/land is what Councils do all the time.

Dunkirk-Pie
08-05-2019, 05:11 PM

The Post is a particularly egregious offender. These days it's 50% clickbait from Twitter and Facebook, 30% thinly-disguised advertorials, 10% human interest stories and 10% stupid people complaining about minor misfortunes like getting parking tickets. The news content is negligible.

navypie
08-05-2019, 05:13 PM

What a coincidence.

irishpete
08-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Scoop should be banned from the ground for printing that drivel. Absolutely pi$s poor journalism from a local reporter that covers the club. About time he went & got hard facts

Simon the Pieman
08-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Five million quid? Idiot Hardy, as usual, is having a laugh. He certainly won't sell to the bidder who might just have Notts' best interests at heart. Like Ancientpie I'm getting really fed up with all this. It's worrying and if you can smell a Skunk it probably is a Skunk. I just want to watch football. One thing more I don't want to watch it with Hardy sitting in the stand. Curtis, too, who is a complete newark (anag).

Scanlon's Hatrick
08-05-2019, 05:25 PM

Totally agree.
None of these alleged potential buyers give a toss about Notts or even football.
They are property developers.
I know the Council own the ground/land and there is an agreement in place with the Hayden Green family, but couldn't the land be sold to a developer if the price was right and the family agreed to it ?
There are always ways and means.

I grow more suspicious about these buyers with each passing day.

legs77
08-05-2019, 05:38 PM
We aren't as easily fooled now Scanlon we are masters now at knowing when we are being sold a pup.

Its probably being dragged out so we can be grateful to Hardy once a fellow tool like Smurf walks in.

Nevermind getting a wealthy owner who knows about the game we need one who can run us properly and have a sane mind.

bridpie78
08-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Scoop should be banned from the ground for printing that drivel. Absolutely pi$s poor journalism from a local reporter that covers the club. About time he went & got hard facts

it was a rehash of the poor article he put out this morning with an extra paragraph added about the may consortium, interestingly his revised article came out about 20 minutes after someone on here mentioned the may consortiums interest with a link to further info

bridpie78
08-05-2019, 05:43 PM
We aren't as easily fooled now Scanlon we are masters now at knowing when we are being sold a pup.

Its probably being dragged out so we can be grateful to Hardy once a fellow tool like Smurf walks in.

Nevermind getting a wealthy owner who knows about the game we need one who can run us properly and have a sane mind.

when clubs are in admin and they are being run by accountants they manage to run within budget and stop making multi million £ losses each year, it seems to be the only time a football club can be run without getting into serious debt these days
we'd be much better off being run by a sensible accountant type than another idiot wannabee

slack_pie
08-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Totally agree.
None of these alleged potential buyers give a toss about Notts or even football.
They are property developers.
I know the Council own the ground/land and there is an agreement in place with the Hayden Green family, but couldn't the land be sold to a developer if the price was right and the family agreed to it ?
There are always ways and means.

I grow more suspicious about these buyers with each passing day.

Like others have said, if you want to develop land and build expensive flats, why go the long way round and buy a football club, do a deal to take control of the ground, knock it down, and piss off the entire city in the process? Why not just develop land somewhere else for less money and hassle? It makes no sense.

Anyone wanting to buy 'the world's oldest [insert something] football club' only to destroy its home and run it into the ground must be mad. Think of the anger from the fans, the protesting, the bad PR. Why bother?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
08-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Five million quid? Idiot Hardy, as usual, is having a laugh. He certainly won't sell to the bidder who might just have Notts' best interests at heart. Like Ancientpie I'm getting really fed up with all this. It's worrying and if you can smell a Skunk it probably is a Skunk. I just want to watch football. One thing more I don't want to watch it with Hardy sitting in the stand. Curtis, too, who is a complete newark (anag).

knawer ?

irishpete
09-05-2019, 05:03 AM
Someone called Tom Walters has tweeted that the SA group is UK based & only contains 1 SA in it. Some saying could be the same group.We need a statement from the club to stop all the rumours that are flying around at the minute

Chicken Balti Pie
09-05-2019, 06:21 AM
Someone called Tom Walters has tweeted that the SA group is UK based & only contains 1 SA in it. Some saying could be the same group.We need a statement from the club to stop all the rumours that are flying around at the minute

I don't think it is the same group. Otherwise you'd have seen this Alex May fellow with Terry Pritchard and we haven't

irishpete
09-05-2019, 06:33 AM
I think someone (Scoop?) who broke the story about a SA consortium got carried away.There possibly is one,(so the poster says) who could be wealthy involved with a group,but the headline would have lead you to believe it was all/mostly SA