PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool or Man City

Zippity
12-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Who's your preference for the title?

In purely footballing terms, I'd go for Man City...at its best, their football can be breathtaking. Based on their managers, I much prefer Klopp to Guardiola. It's a shame that a load of Liverpool fans came to our place and acted like Man U fans the other week and their players have dived resulting in goals in both games against us this season.

Those recent events have coloured my opinion slightly in favour of Man City whereas before I think I was leaning towards Liverpool.

On balance....I wish it was us. ;)

waalsendmick
12-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Man city can have the league...

Liverpool can have the champions league...

They both win the trophy that the other desires so badly...

Keeps them both pished off.

Geordie1974
12-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Read a lot of threads about Liverpool fans behaving like animals last week.I have always found them to be great fans from a personal point of view.
Whereas Man City I cant stand them.They used to turn up whenever we played the mackem scum hell bent on trying to cause bother with our so called hooligan element.Many innocent fans were caught up in it.More than last week I can tell you.Doesnt make last week right though.
So Man City,no thanks.Liverpool all day long.I couldn't care if their fans will be unbearable.I would be if we ever won anything and would let every man and his dog know.

ex_pat_magpie
12-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Read a lot of threads about Liverpool fans behaving like animals last week.I have always found them to be great fans from a personal point of view.
Whereas Man City I cant stand them.They used to turn up whenever we played the mackem scum hell bent on trying to cause bother with our so called hooligan element.Many innocent fans were caught up in it.More than last week I can tell you.Doesnt make last week right though.
So Man City,no thanks.Liverpool all day long.I couldn't care if their fans will be unbearable.I would be if we ever won anything and would let every man and his dog know.

I agree with this. I've always looked upon the likes of Citeh and Chelski as artificial clubs whereas Liverpool have developed into the club they are by the hard way of building from an average club they were before Shankly to the world power they are today.

It's unlikely I know but I'd love them to do both and rub both Citeh's and Spuds noses in the sh1te.

waalsendmick
12-05-2019, 10:55 AM
I rarely consider who I want to win these things...

I am obsessed with all things Toon... I want us to win every game we ever play, from pre-season friendlies to season defining must win games.

I have been disappointed far more often than I have been overjoyed, but on the whole... I have been blessed.

My life as a toon fan leads me to want the sh1tkickers to lose every week and I also would like Man Utd to lose more often than not.

I mildly want city to win the league and liverpool the champions league... quite frankly I couldn't give a phuck.

I desperately want the Toon to win at Fulham... otherwise I will be grumpy for at least 2 months possibly 3.

ghostrider
12-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Who's your preference for the title?

In purely footballing terms, I'd go for Man City...at its best, their football can be breathtaking. Based on their managers, I much prefer Klopp to Guardiola. It's a shame that a load of Liverpool fans came to our place and acted like Man U fans the other week and their players have dived resulting in goals in both games against us this season.

Those recent events have coloured my opinion slightly in favour of Man City whereas before I think I was leaning towards Liverpool.

On balance....I wish it was us. ;)

To be honest I think this post sums up exactly how I feel.

toonfalifekevbrown
12-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Liverpool to win both
Great team great club

TANYA_
12-05-2019, 01:00 PM
I hope Liverpool win nothing.
I think they are brilliant going forward and are almost the complete team BUT it really plsses me off how they cheat and dive so often and get away with it. Twice that diving tart Mo Salad did it to us this season! One of the finer trimmings of being the favourite media darling of the moment i suppose. When Liverpool cheat its called "playing for the foul" >;) if a club like Burnley did the same it would be scandalous cheating.
Their fans are unbarable and that stupid ****ing song they drone on with (that they pinched from Celtic) makes no sense and irritates the life out of me. Oh and the other one where they just drone their own name ffs. The way they behave against us is a blinding endorsement of what their fan base is.
My dads family come from Newcastle and my mams family come from Liverpool, the in house rivalry is quite something, the stereotypes from both regions are funny but i have to say, the scousers being thieving, lying, chancing b'stards is bang on the money.
I wouldnt trust my scouse cousins with a birds nest, and they are the posh ones!!

Not saying Man City are a favourite of mine like, they are extremely fortunate to be the plastic club they are. A bottomless pit of cash has got them to the top of the premier league and as a result, the rules changed so they cant be emulated.

After everyting ive just said, both teams have every right to be in this position and we are light years away from their standards.
It is a case of the lesser of the two evils to win the title unfortunately, im hoping for Man City to win simply based on the after effects of the potential outcomes.

Man City winning the title , will be in the papers and all over the news for a week tops.
Liverpool winning the title, it will be media cum shots for the next 6 months, especially if they win the CL as well.
Tomorrow's newspaper headlines "Jurgen KOP" and all that shlt, knobs like Fowler and Ruddock give their exclusives but the fans will be utterly ****ing each other off for the next 20 years, christ they still live on the reputation of their 80's glory

im swaying towards Man City XD

ghostrider
12-05-2019, 01:14 PM
I hope Liverpool win nothing.
I think they are brilliant going forward and are almost the complete team BUT it really plsses me off how they cheat and dive so often and get away with it. Twice that diving tart Mo Salad did it to us this season! One of the finer trimmings of being the favourite media darling of the moment i suppose. When Liverpool cheat its called "playing for the foul" >;) if a club like Burnley did the same it would be scandalous cheating.
Their fans are unbarable and that stupid ****ing song they drone on with (that they pinched from Celtic) makes no sense and irritates the life out of me. Oh and the other one where they just drone their own name ffs. The way they behave against us is a blinding endorsement of what their fan base is.
My dads family come from Newcastle and my mams family come from Liverpool, the in house rivalry is quite something, the stereotypes from both regions are funny but i have to say, the scousers being thieving, lying, chancing b'stards is bang on the money.
I wouldnt trust my scouse cousins with a birds nest, and they are the posh ones!!

Not saying Man City are a favourite of mine like, they are extremely fortunate to be the plastic club they are. A bottomless pit of cash has got them to the top of the premier league and as a result, the rules changed so they cant be emulated.

After everyting ive just said, both teams have every right to be in this position and we are light years away from their standards.
It is a case of the lesser of the two evils to win the title unfortunately, im hoping for Man City to win simply based on the after effects of the potential outcomes.

Man City winning the title , will be in the papers and all over the news for a week tops.
Liverpool winning the title, it will be media cum shots for the next 6 months, especially if they win the CL as well.
Tomorrow's newspaper headlines "Jurgen KOP" and all that shlt, knobs like Fowler and Ruddock give their exclusives but the fans will be utterly ****ing each other off for the next 20 years, christ they still live on the reputation of their 80's glory

im swaying towards Man City XD

I enjoyed reading that post. It echoes a lot of what I think.
:star: And quite funny too.;)

Scott Kirkland
12-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Bofore last weeks shenanigans I wanted Liverpool to win.
Now I want City to win, Even by winning a penalty by diving.

ex_pat_magpie
12-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Liverpool just gone 1-0

ex_pat_magpie
12-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Liverpool just gone 1-0

Brighton 1-0 v Citeh XD

Citeh equalised a minute later

Davearmy
12-05-2019, 02:29 PM
City 1-0 down but still can't see them losing this match.

Curian
12-05-2019, 02:29 PM
1-1

toonfalifekevbrown
12-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Liverpool 1 up
City 1-1

toonfalifekevbrown
12-05-2019, 02:40 PM
City 2-1

toonfalifekevbrown
12-05-2019, 03:22 PM
City 3-1

Davearmy
12-05-2019, 03:32 PM
4-1 game over.

ex_pat_magpie
12-05-2019, 03:33 PM
4-1 game over.

And title won. :s

toonfalifekevbrown
12-05-2019, 03:33 PM
4-1 .well deserved

Jammy89
12-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Glad it's City.

They would have been my choice of the two.

Can't stand the majority of Liverpool fans, so more than happy for them to have lost one game, got 97 points and still not got the title.

WOuld love for us to be in their position though XD :(