PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Haydn Green

jonnyt1
12-05-2019, 04:29 PM
I believe although he’s no longer with us he has saved us again. By purchasing the lease from the Council then subleasing to us for £1 per year peppercorn rent he has effectively stopped property developers exploiting our great club when it’s on it’s knees.

Thank you Haydn for your foresight you were a great man.

Glad2BeAPie
12-05-2019, 04:33 PM
But Hardy as ballsed up Haydn' s legacy good and proper

Oldstripy
12-05-2019, 05:11 PM
How has Hardy ballsed up his legacy, we have been relegated to the National League but that does not affect the lease.

countygump
12-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Depends what you mean by 'development'?

It a hotel/apartments/Tesco was to be built on the car park, that helped with the finances of the club. Most would think that was a good idea.

The_Don_ORiordan
12-05-2019, 05:21 PM
The rent is £12k a year.

BudBundy
12-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Has the lease recently changed , and is it still dependent on us not being relegated to the 6th tier?

keldsyke
12-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Depends what you mean by 'development'?

It a hotel/apartments/Tesco was to be built on the car park, that helped with the finances of the club. Most would think that was a good idea.

I’ve often thought it’s been a non developed area that could bring in an extra mon - fri income to the club. I wonder if there’s something in the lease that prevents it from being utilised?

pravda_plc
12-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Has the lease recently changed , and is it still dependent on us not being relegated to the 6th tier?

The lease has not been changed.

Despite the OP's assertions about our Meadow Lane tenure being secure, if we are relegated to tier 6 we COULD be rehoused, at the council's discretion.

Fans say it couldn't happen, it won't happen and maybe it wouldn't, or won't, but it's a definite possibility.

People should avoid the assumption that (a) we won't get relgated to tier 6 and that (b) the council would never, ever rehouse us if we did...

countygump
12-05-2019, 08:40 PM
As I understood it it was BELOW tier 6 or Nat League North?

cjpieman
12-05-2019, 08:43 PM
If Hayden green “purchased the lease” then why do the council still have the lease ?

I am utterly confused by the lease ....which is maybe where any prospective buyers are too ????

Elite_Pie
12-05-2019, 08:59 PM
As I understood it it was BELOW tier 6 or Nat League North?

I'm pretty sure it was BELOW tier 5 when the lease could be revoked.

legs77
12-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Lets hope we dont find that out Elite !

nay123
12-05-2019, 10:16 PM
If Hayden green “purchased the lease” then why do the council still have the lease ?

I am utterly confused by the lease ....which is maybe where any prospective buyers are too ????
The council don't have the lease they own the ground out right

cjpieman
12-05-2019, 10:39 PM
So the ground is still “leased” to the Haydn green estate ?

It baffles me why we should be so suspicious of anyone wanting to develop parts of meadow lane ? It isn’t exactly sat on A1 prime building land so I doubt anyone would look at bulldozing the existing ground, merely looking to add to what’s already there ??

ThaiPie
13-05-2019, 01:51 AM

It baffles me why we should be so suspicious of anyone wanting to develop parts of meadow lane ? It isn’t exactly sat on A1 prime building land so I doubt anyone would look at bulldozing the existing ground, merely looking to add to what’s already there ??

I would be hugely suspicious, means the bidders are not interested in the football club only making a property deal with none or very little of the money going into the playing side of things.

nw6pie
13-05-2019, 05:46 AM

The problem would be if developers come in and want to develop all of the ground. Best way for them to do that would be for Notts to fall into the National League North and then approach the council with their proposal. Although, as you say, it’s not prime real estate and there’s not exactly a building boom in the city (unless you’re one of the universities).

queenslandpie
13-05-2019, 06:12 AM
The problem would be if developers come in and want to develop all of the ground. Best way for them to do that would be for Notts to fall into the National League North and then approach the council with their proposal. Although, as you say, it’s not prime real estate and there’s not exactly a building boom in the city (unless you’re one of the universities).

All it takes is for a developer to buy us, put us into admin so we are sent to the Conference North and then revoke the lease. So it is relatively easy to execute given we are now in the conference and skint with an owner with no money who is looking to sell as soon as he can. There is plenty of motivation there for a cashed up developer club buyer if they think that the land is really worth something. that latter part I would have no clue about

LaxtonLad
13-05-2019, 06:48 AM

My thoughts too, nw6pie. Some property developer buys the club, inserts some puppet manager who allows another relegation twice (easily done if he keeps the present players) buys the gound, flattens the stadium and voila! Another (insert care home, or supermarket of choice).

cher1
13-05-2019, 08:18 AM
I think that would be quite a convoluted (and expensive) way to try to acquire land! Of all Notts' current worries, this is pretty far down the list.

forwardmagpie
13-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Agree with Cher

LaxtonLad
13-05-2019, 08:57 AM
I think that would be quite a convoluted (and expensive) way to try to acquire land! Of all Notts' current worries, this is pretty far down the list.

Perhaps they hope to find gold buried underground, they won't find any on the surface.