View Full Version : Times Up

Pages : [1] 2

jonnyt1
14-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Today’s day 10 of our 7 to 10 days.

Not looking good :(

ForeignLegion
14-05-2019, 09:13 AM
it's only 9am, give him time to get out of the bath.

Chicken Balti Pie
14-05-2019, 09:37 AM
I have no idea what is going on. Apparently all financial decisions need to be passed by the south African group first yet Scoop has stated they don't have exclusivity. Seems to be a mad house

countygump
14-05-2019, 09:38 AM
it's only 9am, give him time to get out of the bath.

Absolutely, he may well have dropped his phone/camera while bathing. Give him time to find it and get it sorted. #trust #faith

upthemaggies
14-05-2019, 09:46 AM
As the saying went at the back end of the season.

"As you were".

Will we still be saying that in July?

downunderpie
14-05-2019, 09:52 AM
I have no idea what is going on. Apparently all financial decisions need to be passed by the south African group first yet Scoop has stated they don't have exclusivity. Seems to be a mad house

Makes a lie of the situation, but what else would you expect from a seasoned teller of tales.

slack_pie
14-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense at all. The deal has stalled for some reason, and I'd imagine it's Hardy holding out for a better price from someone - anyone.

Hardy is an absolute idiot, without a doubt, but I always thought that deep down he had the best interests of the club at heart. If he sells us to a bunch of scumbags for extra pounds, he will never be forgiven.

OP67
14-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Apparently all financial decisions need to be passed by the south African group first

Who said that?? Until the ink is dry on the contract the club is still Hardy's. He's daft but surely not THAT daft.

We're due in court again soon for the unpaid tax. This is all sounding very familiar!!!

McCullochisGod
14-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Yeah, that makes no sense at all. The deal has stalled for some reason, and I'd imagine it's Hardy holding out for a better price from someone - anyone.

Hardy is an absolute idiot, without a doubt, but I always thought that deep down he had the best interests of the club at heart. If he sells us to a bunch of scumbags for extra pounds, he will never be forgiven.

He has only EVER had his own interests at heart.

slack_pie
14-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Who said that?? Until the ink is dry on the contract the club is still Hardy's. He's daft but surely not THAT daft.

We're due in court again soon for the unpaid tax. This is all sounding very familiar!!!

Scoop mentioned it a few times, but it was first mentioned weeks ago. To get to the point when you are green-lighting financial decisions, you've got to be at a pretty advanced stage.

We were also told that there were two deals - one for L2, another for the NL - and that once our fate was sealed, the takeover would go ahead.

So much doesn't add up.

Chicken Balti Pie
14-05-2019, 10:36 AM

It's standard practice, anything that will cause potential new owners extra cost in the future will be passed by them before it's implemented, especially after due diligence

countygump
14-05-2019, 10:43 AM
It's standard practice, anything that will cause potential new owners extra cost in the future will be passed by them before it's implemented, especially after due diligence

'The deal is said to be in its advanced stages, so much so that the consortium must be informed of any plans to appoint new staff or other changes that would impact future finances'.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/who-end-up-ruling-notts-2850911

LilCrazyKim
14-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Most of the speculation among fans at the minute stems from Hardy getting in front of a microphone seconds after we were relegated and announcing a time frame. I'm sure there would still have been concern if he'd not done it but I'm not sure we'd have reached the levels we're now at if he'd kept his mouth shut and not put a date on the whole thing. We've had more than our share of bad owners but I don't think we've ever had one who has so consistently shot himself in the foot.

Chicken Balti Pie
14-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Most of the speculation among fans at the minute stems from Hardy getting in front of a microphone seconds after we were relegated and announcing a time frame. I'm sure there would still have been concern if he'd not done it but I'm not sure we'd have reached the levels we're now at if he'd kept his mouth shut and not put a date on the whole thing. We've had more than our share of bad owners but I don't think we've ever had one who has so consistently shot himself in the foot.

He's pretty much turned out to be a Trew clone to be fair. Took over in dire straights, started with a bit of success and suffered a relegation and again in dire financial circumstances and putting out time lines that just weren't met

countygump
14-05-2019, 11:18 AM
He's pretty much turned out to be a Trew clone to be fair. Took over in dire straights, started with a bit of success and suffered a relegation and again in dire financial circumstances and putting out time lines that just weren't met

Little bit different, well worse actually. I think Ray had the bunce to carry on financing the club but didn't want to. Hardy hasn't.

Bohinen
14-05-2019, 11:27 AM
It could be that things are being held up until after the play offs, because at that point, no-one (like Macc) can suffer a points deduction that will apply to this season and thus relegate them, according to the EFL rules. The chance of it happening is very remote anyway, but if straws are there, Hardy will clutch at them. The difference to him could be £millions.

On the other hand, he could be a deluded fantasist who has not sold the club at all.

Chicken Balti Pie
14-05-2019, 11:31 AM
It could be that things are being held up until after the play offs, because at that point, no-one (like Macc) can suffer a points deduction that will apply to this season and thus relegate them, according to the EFL rules. The chance of it happening is very remote anyway, but if straws are there, Hardy will clutch at them. The difference to him could be £millions.

On the other hand, he could be a deluded fantasist who has not sold the club at all.

The only club that will potentially be a life line now is Bury as they are in court tomorrow, that would need them to be wound up tomorrow and as we've seen with Bolton, the courts are very willing to give football clubs time to sort things out so very unlikely that they'll go through tomorrow so therefore they should get on with it. I'm hoping the group was clever and said if Notts finish in the relegation zone, that way, this wouldn't be an issue

McCullochisGod
14-05-2019, 04:16 PM

My money is on your last sentence Bohinen. I don't believe there is a buyer.

Chicken Balti Pie
14-05-2019, 04:30 PM
My money is on your last sentence Bohinen. I don't believe there is a buyer.

So Terry Pritchard just turned up for the crack of it? There are buyers

McCullochisGod
14-05-2019, 05:23 PM

Did YOU see him there?

Simon the Pieman
14-05-2019, 05:26 PM
What a bloody mess. An insult to all who follow Notts. Get on with it Hardy you.....

Killerkline
14-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Did YOU see him there?

In answer to your question - yes and confirmed by Nottingham Post via pictures and written content.

The above aside, I share your scepticism and thoughts re Hardy - I think everybody does. But in terms of SA consortium, it’s real.

Bohinen
14-05-2019, 07:44 PM

There are prospective buyers. Until the club is sold, there are no buyers.

It's like selling a house. You have viewings, you may even have offers, but until completion, you haven't sold your house.

Now imagine a seller who plays two buyers off against each other to get a better price. In the end they may tell him to stick it. There are other houses. There are other clubs.

Simon the Pieman
14-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Yes, spot on Bohinen. I think that may well happen.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
14-05-2019, 10:14 PM
We've had more than our share of bad owners but I don't think we've ever had one who has so consistently shot himself in the foot.

He's shot himself in the foot so many times that he doesn’t have any feet left !

bridpie78
14-05-2019, 11:43 PM
He's shot himself in the foot so many times that he doesn’t have any feet left !

there's that spare one that he keeps in his mouth

ForeignLegion
15-05-2019, 12:21 AM

Yep, he went looking for that mike too by hanging around the players bench, contemplating the depth of the hole he was now in. He should've exited stage left sharpish and kept gob shut, until he had something to say that was worth opening it for.

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 02:11 AM
Yep, he went looking for that mike too by hanging around the players bench, contemplating the depth of the hole he was now in. He should've exited stage left sharpish and kept gob shut, until he had something to say that was worth opening it for.

I think he had to take an interview but his comments on the takeover could have been both broader but also narrower if you get my drift. i.e. it is happening we are in the later stages but I am currently unable to commit to an immediate timeframe. I am extremely hopeful it will be concluded soon. etc.

ForeignLegion
15-05-2019, 04:06 AM
or.........I have fuqqed up,there are no credible buyers, Matlock Town's ground isn't too far away.

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 09:34 AM
or.........I have fuqqed up,there are no credible buyers, Matlock Town's ground isn't too far away.

Or maybe a full moon at Charlie Slater and then go for the hat trick and out in style with a two fingered salute to the fans?

MagpieMike
15-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Tell us more Gump. Who is the email exchange between, and is it genuine? Seems odd for it to be publicly visible.

countygump
15-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Tell us more Gump. Who is the email exchange between, and is it genuine? Seems odd for it to be publicly visible.

No idea on both counts. Seemed interesting, so I stole it from Facebook. XD

Someone who has a very good 'inside sauce', apparently. Just found this out.

LilCrazyKim
15-05-2019, 10:19 AM
xxxxxxxx and xxxxxx are the owners of xxxxxx, which is a slightly different industry from the security business we were led to believe the South Africans were in.

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Extremely interesting but please take it down should not be on the internet!

countygump
15-05-2019, 10:24 AM
Extremely interesting but please take it down should not be on the internet!

Not within my control, unless you mean on here?

countygump
15-05-2019, 10:25 AM
xxxxxxxx and xxxxxx are the owners of xxxxxx, which is a slightly different industry from the security business we were led to believe the South Africans were in.

Hmmmm,

jonnyt1
15-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Sh1t new smaller ground then :(

slack_pie
15-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Sh1t new smaller ground then :(

I'll be ****ing livid if that's true. That ground is our home, and it gives us the potential to strive for better things. We'll probably end up in a 10k replica of every other ****ty new lower-league ground.

Why go through all the bother though? As others have said many times, surely there's more valuable land elsewhere that doesn't require them to demolish the historic home of a football club.

mark45
15-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Looks like it has come from this guy.
https://twitter.com/Johnnysmalls78

Chicken Balti Pie
15-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Well it's a great bit of fiction. So a south African billionaire who happens to own Nandos is going to buy the club whilst a totally different billionaire South African conglomerate (BidVest) are going to buy the lease from HG and the Council and redevelop the whole area including a new stadium?

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 10:37 AM
I'll be ****ing livid if that's true. That ground is our home, and it gives us the potential to strive for better things. We'll probably end up in a 10k replica of every other ****ty new lower-league ground.

Why go through all the bother though? As others have said many times, surely there's more valuable land elsewhere that doesn't require them to demolish the historic home of a football club.

Id like to see one piece of evidence that the new ground has given us potential to strive for better things. Any analysis of our home form since the rebuild would give contrary evidence.

LilCrazyKim
15-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Yes - I can't escape the impression that someone's googled 'rich South Africans' and plucked those names from the results. Also - while I'm well aware the City Council have been keen to redevelop the riverside for years - would they hand over the project to people who've apparently just appeared on the scene?

countygump
15-05-2019, 10:42 AM
As I said, I found it interesting. I didn't say it was true!!! >:)

mark45
15-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Hardy has 3 options.
1 South African consortium which will be good if we want to be ambitious but may take time to complete. (can Hardy wait?)
2 Alex May consortium which seems risky regarding asset stripping.
3 Smurthwaite who already has a couple of fingers in the pie but is more of the same.

ireallyhateforest
15-05-2019, 10:50 AM

Why go through all the bother though? As others have said many times, surely there's more valuable land elsewhere that doesn't require them to demolish the historic home of a football club. Likewise, Meadow Lane is our home and that is where all our memories are of this great club.

Scanlon's Hatrick
15-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Yes - I can't escape the impression that someone's googled 'rich South Africans' and plucked those names from the results. Also - while I'm well aware the City Council have been keen to redevelop the riverside for years - would they hand over the project to people who've apparently just appeared on the scene?

All sounds "Pie" in the sky to me.

Is the ground/land really worth that much to super rich property developers?

Ground share with Ilkeston?

Hardy remains as Chairman?

countygump
15-05-2019, 11:06 AM

It all fits in a way.

Hardy seen at Loxley House.
South African consortium.
Takeover taking longer than expected.

Orrrr, someone has a fertile imagination. Who the fluck knows, eh?

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Looks like it has come from this guy.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That tweet seems to be deleted now. Its a bizarre feed. Its out of the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx but has some close to home ( for locals) content. Whoever owns that feed seems to be either fairly wealthy or a complete spam con **** head to me I cant decide which.

Chicken Balti Pie
15-05-2019, 11:18 AM
That tweet seems to be deleted now. Its a bizarre feed. Its out of the Philippines but has some close to home ( for locals) content. Whoever owns that feed seems to be either fairly wealthy or a complete spam con **** head to me I cant decide which.

I could be very wrong, but isn't that XXXXXXXX? He was very on the ball around the Munto season, if it's the case, he's either gone made or we are being taken over by two very rich South Africans, what they want from Notts I do not know

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 11:19 AM
That tweet seems to be deleted now. Its a bizarre feed. Its out of the xxxxxxxxxxx but has some close to home ( for locals) content. Whoever owns that feed seems to be either fairly wealthy or a complete spam con **** head to me I cant decide which.

A respected Notts fan of many years' standing and a former poster on here or our former home on Rivals IIRC. No idea if the rumour has credibility whatsoever, but the person is genuine ;)

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 11:21 AM
A respected Notts fan of many years' standing and a former poster on here or our former home on Rivals IIRC. No idea if the rumour has credibility whatsoever, but the person is genuine ;)

Thanks for the clear up DUDE. Positive.

countygump
15-05-2019, 11:23 AM

I posted it to Ade on twitter and received a d/m asking me to delete it, (very politely as it happens), so I did.

I also told him??? it was all over Facebook but he didn't seem to mind that.

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 11:26 AM
I posted it to Ade on twitter and was asked to delete it, (very politely as it happens), so I did.

Are the Notts going up? Can I call Sven? Is Campbell coming back? Is it a high high or Conference North? Tell me NOW!

countygump
15-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Are the Notts going up? Can I call Sven? Is Campbell coming back? Is it a high high or Conference North? Tell me NOW!

If it was XXXX??? he certainly did have mucho cred on here for being 'in the know'. Nice guy as well.

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 11:35 AM
If it was XXXX??? he certainly did have mucho cred on here for being 'in the know'. Nice guy as well.
No idea, I dont know that person.

As for the Australian Consortium. I have no idea about that either.

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 11:45 AM
I have received a polite request to remove references to (and sensitive information originating from) a certain poster due to privacy and confidentiality issues. I hope you'll all respect my decision to comply as (as a fan desperate for info) it's someone we shouldn't be peeing off.

Trust me on this please ;)

LilCrazyKim
15-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Still not sure about these rumours but if that's the former poster in question I certainly take what I said about names being plucked out of thin air back. [edited in light Swale's post above].

TSANHO
15-05-2019, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=SwalePie;39223223]I have received a polite request to remove references to a certain poster due to privacy and confidentiality issues. I hope you'll all respect my decision to comply as (as a fan desperate for info) it's someone we shouldn't be peeing off.

Chicken Balti Pie
15-05-2019, 11:54 AM
I have received a polite request to remove references to a certain poster due to privacy and confidentiality issues. I hope you'll all respect my decision to comply as (as a fan desperate for info) it's someone we shouldn't be peeing off.

No problems with that chap, would have been happy to do it myself if requested anyway!

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Do you know if the rumour is true then!?

No.

cjpieman
15-05-2019, 12:31 PM
As posted elsewhere .... WTF Have I missed ?

Chicken Balti Pie
15-05-2019, 12:35 PM

There was a screen shot from gump that has now been deleted? It had names of some of the south Africans involved allegedly. I'll leave it up to swale to give more info as I believe he's been requested to remove stuff so will leave him to put out what is allowed

cjpieman
15-05-2019, 12:45 PM

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 01:03 PM
There was a screen shot from gump that has now been deleted? It had names of some of the south Africans involved allegedly. I'll leave it up to swale to give more info as I believe he's been requested to remove stuff so will leave him to put out what is allowed

I've been politely and with very good reason requested to keep schtum. It really is for the best reasons as we may learn in the reasonably near future (you won't get timescales to beat me with from me :D ). I can genuinely with the right reasons and 'hand on heart' say no more.

slack_pie
15-05-2019, 02:35 PM
I've been politely and with very good reason requested to keep schtum. It really is for the best reasons as we may learn in the reasonably near future (you won't get timescales to beat me with from me :D ). I can genuinely with the right reasons and 'hand on heart' say no more.

The plot thickens.

upthemaggies
15-05-2019, 02:57 PM
If today's leaked info is true, then Hardy isn't to blame for the delay, right?

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 03:14 PM
If today's leaked info is true, then Hardy isn't to blame for the delay, right?

Correct

countygump
15-05-2019, 03:17 PM
No.

Noooooooooooooooooooo................

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-joint-favourites-win-2870680

SmiffyPie
15-05-2019, 04:42 PM
The plot thickens.The clot thickens.

bugsy
15-05-2019, 06:36 PM
The clot thickens.

'XXXXXX County' has a ring to it. ���� ��

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 06:47 PM
'XXXXXX County' has a ring to it. ���� ��

Yes it does. Let's try to respect our source though and not get him into trouble. ;)

TSANHO
15-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Yes it does. Let's try to respect our source though and not get him into trouble. ;)

Arrggh....come on Swale old pal, old chap, you gotta know something....you can tell old TSANHO!

If anything, today has made the whole saga even more unbearable!

“It’s the hope that gets yeh”

SwalePie
15-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Arrggh....come on Swale old pal, old chap, you gotta know something....you can tell old TSANHO!

If anything, today has made the whole saga even more unbearable!

“It’s the hope that gets yeh”

I understand. Let's hope it all pans out ;)

jonnyt1
15-05-2019, 10:07 PM
Was the sauce hot?

queenslandpie
15-05-2019, 11:59 PM
Was the sauce hot?

Jonny T I will message you on this forum inbox

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Was the sauce hot?

Piping.

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 02:21 AM
Favourites to win the league again,time for Elite to strike again big on relegation.

Lullapie
16-05-2019, 04:28 AM
I have received a polite request to remove references to (and sensitive information originating from) a certain poster due to privacy and confidentiality issues. I hope you'll all respect my decision to comply as (as a fan desperate for info) it's someone we shouldn't be peeing off.

Was the request from MiG? 👍

queenslandpie
16-05-2019, 04:29 AM
Piping.

Not wrong about that eh Swale :)

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 05:35 AM
Not wrong about that eh Swale :)

If its who I think, then I guess I'll be taking my daughter to the lane more often - one of her favourites.

forwardmagpie
16-05-2019, 05:58 AM
Be good to have a **** as an owner (edited)

Simon the Pieman
16-05-2019, 06:02 AM
Fully respect your wishes Swale. Let's hope for some better news.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
16-05-2019, 07:00 AM
It appears there was a special guest doing a talk at the university of Nottingham yesterday !

queenslandpie
16-05-2019, 07:09 AM
If its who I think, then I guess I'll be taking my daughter to the lane more often - one of her favourites.

We will see

LaxtonLad
16-05-2019, 07:13 AM

It's not Daniel O'Donnell - is it?

queenslandpie
16-05-2019, 07:14 AM

Stupid Arse its Ronan. Ronan Murray.

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 07:26 AM

Literally had to look him up

hissingdwarf
16-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Well, I’ve trawled the internet, twitter and FB and can’t find anything.
It all alludes to someone with a lot of cash, but I’m totally in the bloody dark.
Respect Swales decision, but is there an expected timeline attached to all this?
If you saw the original post...well done for being there at the right time!
Doing my nut in trying to figure it out!

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 09:19 AM
but is there an expected timeline attached to all this?

The screenshot said "not expecting any issues and should be done this week", posted on Sunday.

marshall55
16-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Swale, you forgot to edit post 48 old chap.

hissingdwarf
16-05-2019, 09:24 AM
The screenshot said "not expecting any issues and should be done this week", posted on Sunday.
Cheers UTM.

Looks like a few more days to wait before we all know then. Torture!
Really hope whoever person(s) in this screengrab are involved as it seems to have garnered enthusiasm for the fans. We could do with something to smile about. Especially when for the past few days before that we’ve been trying to find ways of reasoning how someone like Smurthwaite could be hanging around like a bad smell!

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Cheers UTM.

Looks like a few more days to wait before we all know then. Torture!
Really hope whoever person(s) in this screengrab are involved as it seems to have garnered enthusiasm for the fans. We could do with something to smile about. Especially when for the past few days before that we’ve been trying to find ways of reasoning how someone like Smurthwaite could be hanging around like a bad smell!

Well, if this screenshot turns out to be true, we are going to be building a new ground. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Depends where it is and what the potential is.

OP67
16-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Well, if this screenshot turns out to be true, we are going to be building a new ground. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Depends where it is and what the potential is.

So not only will Hardy have taken us out of the football league he would also have taken us out of Meadow Lane!! Seems he still has plenty to smile about though :mad:

Chicken Balti Pie
16-05-2019, 10:21 AM
So not only will Hardy have taken us out of the football league he would also have taken us out of Meadow Lane!! Seems he still has plenty to smile about though :mad:

I read it as it being in the same area but looking like it will fit in with a Billion pound regeneration project is how I read it. Let's face it, Meadow lane isn't going to win a beauty contest is it?

legs77
16-05-2019, 10:32 AM
I read it as it being in the same area but looking like it will fit in with a Billion pound regeneration project is how I read it. Let's face it, Meadow lane isn't going to win a beauty contest is it?

That is how I read the message too but i'd hope we don't leave Meadow Lane some things are best left alone like Old Trafford / Anfield have been.

People keep saying Meadow Lane hasn't bought us any luck the reality is it would do if we had a good team on the pitch !

Hissingdwarf - Nothing is on the internet as a few people have been told to take all postings down, put it this way IF the rumoured names are true it is better than the likes of May for sure.

jonnyt1
16-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Or Corbyn.

hissingdwarf
16-05-2019, 10:55 AM
That is how I read the message too but i'd hope we don't leave Meadow Lane some things are best left alone like Old Trafford / Anfield have been.

People keep saying Meadow Lane hasn't bought us any luck the reality is it would do if we had a good team on the pitch !

Hissingdwarf - Nothing is on the internet as a few people have been told to take all postings down, put it this way IF the rumoured names are true it is better than the likes of May for sure.

Cheers Legs77.

As is always the case in these situations, we need to sit and wait. What will be will be.

Regards the ground being moved...Mixed feelings about this. Personally, the first question from me is the memorial wall and will they be moved to any new home and the correct amount of respect shown. Something like a wall mural of the Lane and the bricks below it etc... I still go every home match and me and my son check that his Grandad is still up there on the wall, representing the club he loved.

Apart from that, If they have money and they are looking to turn a profit, the only thing we have/don't have (Again, Thanks Haydn Green - A giant amongst men) is the ground and the history. Money talks and as long as they build somewhere with the sensible option of expansion etc...when we hit the Premier League on our 6 Year plan!...then so be it.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Swale, you forgot to edit post 48 old chap.
Cheers Marshall ;)

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Respect Swales decision, but is there an expected timeline attached to all this?

An approximate one yes

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 11:00 AM

We may all have plenty to smile about if this happens.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Or Corbyn.

:)

legs77
16-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Cheers Legs77.

As is always the case in these situations, we need to sit and wait. What will be will be.

Regards the ground being moved...Mixed feelings about this. Personally, the first question from me is the memorial wall and will they be moved to any new home and the correct amount of respect shown. Something like a wall mural of the Lane and the bricks below it etc... I still go every home match and me and my son check that his Grandad is still up there on the wall, representing the club he loved.

Apart from that, If they have money and they are looking to turn a profit, the only thing we have/don't have (Again, Thanks Haydn Green - A giant amongst men) is the ground and the history. Money talks and as long as they build somewhere with the sensible option of expansion etc...when we hit the Premier League on our 6 Year plan!...then so be it.

No problem mate.

I don't want us to move either but you know what rumours are like we are still waiting for the Monorail !

Oldstripy
16-05-2019, 11:17 AM

I saw the screenshot and it said Redevelop Meadow Lane with a community sports center along side.

To do that I think they would have to acquire land down Iremonger Road.

marshall55
16-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Is there a problem within Jimmys stand, the concorse or something.

marshall55
16-05-2019, 11:36 AM
I saw the screenshot and it said Redevelop Meadow Lane with a community sports center along side.

Or County Road, with a bypass straight through the cattle market.

BigFatPie
16-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Oh my word, this thread has gone from chicken puns to Daniel O’Donnell to a new ground and now I don’t know what to think!

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 11:41 AM

The exact words were "redevelop ML area and Riverside and build a new stadium and community sport complex within it".

There'd be no point in re-building the ground exactly where it is, the above says to me that they are going to re-locate us.

"Riverside" could mean anywhere, on the other side of the Trent or any place east of London Road. Eastcroft for example.

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Oh my word, this thread has gone from chicken puns to Daniel O’Donnell to a new ground and now I don’t know what to think!

Its best not to think when you're a Notts fan.

countygump
16-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Yes it did. It mentioned redeveloping ML not moving us away from it.

A league higher, I know but this makes our S/T prices look decent:

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019/may/season-ticket-information-19-20/

Chicken Balti Pie
16-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Is there a problem within Jimmys stand, the concorse or something.

We can't use the full capacity as the bit underneath isn't able to handle the number of people correct. Also the fact the Kop has two big poles in the sightline of the pitch for those towards the middle and back of it weren't exactly fan friendly either. Let's face it, Meadow Lane hasn't seen much success since it's redevelopment and it does have pretty big issues so a rebuild or move really wouldn't bother me at all, in fact, I see it as an exciting prospect

countygump
16-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Also the fact the Kop has two big poles in the sightline of the pitch for those towards the middle and back of it weren't exactly fan friendly either. Let's face it.

That's why I voted to Brexit.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 11:58 AM
We have to wait and see what their plans are, but we need to be clear what the screenshot said, "redevelop ML area" is not the same as redevloping the Meadow Lane ground itself and it goes on to say, and I repeat, "BUILD A NEW STAIDUM".
The lease is the reason everything is being held up because the council and HG estate all have to agree to it.

magicianpie
16-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Didn't RT have plans on redeveloping the ground at one point, sure there were some mock ups doing the rounds.

No monorail though!

Elite_Pie
16-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Also the fact the Kop has two big poles in the sightline of the pitch for those towards the middle and back of it.

I'm surprised the stewards didn't tell them to sit down.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
16-05-2019, 12:08 PM
We have to wait and see what their plans are, but we need to be clear what the screenshot said, "redevelop ML area" is not the same as redevloping the Meadow Lane ground itself and it goes on to say, and I repeat, "BUILD A NEW STAIDUM".
The lease is the reason everything is being held up because the council and HG estate all have to agree to it.

Well I wouldn’t trust them if they can’t even spell stadium correctly !

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Why isn't the NEP reporting this? Maybe they will say something later today, now that it's out on social media, they could deny that it's true (If they haven't done that by the end of today then I think we can assume that it is true).

I guess the reason, or partly the reason it's all been hushed up is because they are afraid of objections to us being moved from our ground of 109 years. It could be a good thing but then again it might not be, the key issue is - what will this new ground say about the club's ambition? Is it downsizing, accepting our best days are behind us once and for all..... or would it be a re-birth for a much healthier and brighter future, the type we've seen at Swansea, Cardiff, Wigan etc.

theory_extinct
Didn't RT have plans on redeveloping the ground at one point, sure there were some mock ups doing the rounds.

No monorail though!

I remember seeing something for the Family Stand, but it looked like superficial changes (prettying it up) or was it a new bar behind the KOP...

SwalePie
I'm surprised the stewards didn't tell them to sit down.

Maybe they did but there was a language barrier?

TheBlackHorse
16-05-2019, 12:11 PM
... for those who know ... what about the ashes of those buried along the touchlines ...

countygump
16-05-2019, 12:13 PM

I think that part of the deal has been done, UTM. HOPEFULLY, we MIGHT hear summatt soon.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:17 PM
I remember seeing something for the Family Stand, but it looked like superficial changes (prettying it up) or was it a new bar behind the KOP...
It was the back of the Family stand as seen from Meadow Lane, just covering the brick work up with something that would look pretty when lit up from above/below. Completely pointless and a waste of money.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:18 PM
I think that part of the deal has been done, UTM. HOPEFULLY, we MIGHT hear summatt soon.

Screenshot said that was the hold up. Hardy at Loxley house all last week with HG trying to sort it out.

Bohinen
16-05-2019, 12:20 PM
There'd be no point in re-building the ground exactly where it is, the above says to me that they are going to re-locate us.

"Riverside" could mean anywhere, on the other side of the Trent or any place east of London Road.

The other side of the Trent would be even more complicated because of the extensive demolition work required.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 12:22 PM
The other side of the Trent would be even more complicated because of the extensive demolition work required.

Not to mention major fumigation work.

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Yes it did say on the screenshot last few words in fact that agreement had been made re HG estate.

i like KFC but it don't like me maybe time for a change.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Yes it did say on the screenshot last few words in fact that agreement had been made re HG estate.

i like KFC but it don't like me maybe time for a change.

It opens with "Lease is the Sticking point"...

Last words were "should be done this week. Hardy been at Loxley house all week sorting it out with Haydn Green estate."

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Really,how come i read sorted on bottom right hand corner?

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Really,how come i read sorted on bottom right hand corner?

Somebody else replies "Haydn Green estate going to give the lease over to new owners" and that's where the screen shot cuts off.

navypie
16-05-2019, 12:34 PM

Work could start straight away though.

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Somebody else replies "Haydn Green estate going to give the lease over to new owners" and that's where the screen shot cuts off.

Fair enough.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Over to you scoop. Deny it if it ain't true,

People should bear in mind that we had two gates of over 17k last season and one over 15k this season before we start accepting a 10k lego ground

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 12:42 PM
There is no ambition in a 10k stadium.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 12:44 PM
There is no ambition in a 10k stadium.

...and there's been no mention of a 10k stadium except on here ;)

slack_pie
16-05-2019, 12:45 PM

I love Meadow Lane! I've been watching Notts since I was a kid, and I still get the same excited feeling when I go through the turnstiles and see the pitch as I did back them. Watching Notts at a different ground would almost feel like watching a different team.

That said, if they take the club forward, who am I to complain.

Oldstripy
16-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Over to you scoop. Deny it if it ain't true.

We have to wait for scoop to do his in depth investigation :)

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:48 PM
My best guess is that a 10k or so ground will be announced with expansion in mind when necessary, it will be built north of County Road and when that's finished they'd knock down Pavis' ground and replace it with a community sports complex that would be used by Notts during the day and the public at other times, plus a hotel or whatever.

LilCrazyKim
16-05-2019, 12:49 PM
LOL guys - if this report is accurate, we are still a very long way off leaving Meadow Lane. Let's stop worrying about big a new ground will be until we actually see some plans.

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 12:50 PM
...and there's been no mention of a 10k stadium except on here ;)

Quite right but that's a general quote from someone who was there for the 47k+ game.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 12:53 PM
LOL guys - if this report is accurate, we are still a very long way off leaving Meadow Lane. Let's stop worrying about big a new ground will be until we actually see some plans.

Exactly.

bridpie78
16-05-2019, 12:55 PM

what fun would this forum be without wild speculation to either extreme, everything on here is amazingly spectacularly cheerful to munto announcement proportions or we're going to be extinct inside 24 hours and ML is getting bulldozed

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 12:56 PM
The other big question is where does Hardy fit in to all this? Presumably the SA's have little or no interest in or knowledge of football, so they want Hardy to stay on to deal with the football side. If he decides he doesn't want to stay on then that's where another chairman with some experience comes in......

legs77
16-05-2019, 01:12 PM
I know what UTM is saying as the screenshot did mention what he says.

I won't relax until the bills are paid and we do have an owner so we can get on with the main stuff the 11 who take to the pitch each week.

As for moving that might be a plan for now but plans change once costs are involved an example is Liverpool were going to leave Anfield under Henry/Werner or that was the plan they would be stupid to leave an iconic ground like that if honest & they have seen sense obviously.....Ask West Ham how they feel about leaving Upton Park !

jonnyt1
16-05-2019, 01:26 PM
A new ground would be at least 3 years away. If the new owners aren’t chickens then they would build a 20k plus stadium or one that can be simply upgraded with demand.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 01:32 PM
A new ground would be at least 3 years away. If the new owners aren’t chickens then they would build a 20k plus stadium or one that can be simply upgraded with demand.

If we're still in the 5th or 4th tier when it comes to giving the green light, it'll have to be the latter. I think we could all accept that it would be the more sensible option when we're still playing the likes of Barnet and Yeovil, or at best Walsall and Swindon, but there has to be scope to upgrade when necessary.

Supporters must be consulted. It shouldn't be assumed that they are automatically going to be against a new stadium. If the plans are seen to be giving Notts County a greater opportunity to move in the right direction, people will get behind it.

LilCrazyKim
16-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Latest from the NEP (a little bit more than normal here): https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/south-african-investors-fly-uk-2875664

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Latest from the NEP (a little bit more than normal here): https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/south-african-investors-fly-uk-2875664

;)

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 01:40 PM

There's a poll there too "Who would you like to see as Notts County's new owners?" SA, May or Smurf.
It's a totally uniformed choice though, we don't know what any of their true intentions are. Smurf will probably win that poll if Fword fans get wind of it.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 01:41 PM
If we're still in the 5th or 4th tier when it comes to giving the green light, it'll have to be the latter. I think we could all accept that it would be the more sensible option when we're still playing the likes of Barnet and Yeovil, or at best Walsall and Swindon, but there has to be scope to upgrade when necessary.

Supporters must be consulted. It shouldn't be assumed that they are automatically going to be against a new stadium. If the plans are seen to be giving Notts County a greater opportunity to move in the right direction, people will get behind it.

The situation is all a bit chicken and egg if you ask me

Bridg4d_Pie_
16-05-2019, 01:43 PM
It was the back of the Family stand as seen from Meadow Lane, just covering the brick work up with something that would look pretty when lit up from above/below. Completely pointless and a waste of money.

I think you will find if memory serves me right Trew was going to change the family stand into a several restaurants & eateries as well as upgrading the facade.

Oldstripy
16-05-2019, 01:49 PM
The investors behind the South African consortium trying to seal a takeover of Notts County are due to fly into London next week.

It is understood they are set to discuss their plans for the Magpies next season, which includes the manager Neal Ardley, the playing budget and options regarding a new training ground.

After receiving documentation they had asked for from the club last week, the final details of their deal are being put together by their lawyers.

It is expected to be with chairman Alan Hardy before the close of play on Friday.

The consortium has been chasing a deal for Notts for the last two months and has been advised by Terry Pritchard of Charter HCP.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/south-african-investors-fly-uk-2875664

Bridg4d_Pie_
16-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Not to mention major fumigation work.

👍👌😛😛😋😆😆😆😆😆😎

TSANHO
16-05-2019, 01:52 PM
I’d wager that the NEP already know who the SA’s and what their plans are.

There was a snippet from the NEP at least a month ago saying that they had significant funds and had plans that Alan Hardy could only dream of.

Does anyone else remember that?

downunderpie
16-05-2019, 01:52 PM
The situation is all a bit chicken and egg if you ask me

Not another clue.XD

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 01:53 PM
images shows "Waterside Regeneration Zone" in purple, published October 2018.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2my0ub4.png

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/media/1170502/waterside-spd-plw-011018-22mb-for-url.pdf

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 01:54 PM
I’d wager that the NEP already know who the SA’s and what their plans are.

There was a snippet from the NEP at least a month ago saying that they had significant funds and had plans that Alan Hardy could only dream of.

Does anyone else remember that?

Yes that rings a bell.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 01:57 PM

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/media/1170502/waterside-spd-plw-011018-22mb-for-url.pdf

Thanks UTM, that's much clearer than my effort yesterday. Big zone isn't it ;)

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 01:59 PM
The investors behind the South African consortium trying to seal a takeover of Notts County are due to fly into London next week.

It is understood they are set to discuss their plans for the Magpies next season, which includes the manager Neal Ardley, the playing budget and options regarding a new training ground.

After receiving documentation they had asked for from the club last week, the final details of their deal are being put together by their lawyers.

It is expected to be with chairman Alan Hardy before the close of play on Friday.

The consortium has been chasing a deal for Notts for the last two months and has been advised by Terry Pritchard of Charter HCP.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/south-african-investors-fly-uk-2875664

How interesting...no snidey comments under the story on the NEP site yet. Most odd. Nice to see that Alex May has voted on the poll though :D

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Stadium doesn't get touched in those plans then.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Thanks UTM, that's much clearer than my effort yesterday. Big zone isn't it ;)

Doesn't include Eastcroft though, so maybe we can rule that out.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Stadium doesn't get touched in those plans then.

Not necessarily. The zone is the purple area, not just the red edged one.

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Doesn't include Eastcroft though, so maybe we can rule that out.

Looks to me as if the northern boundary is the railway line

LilCrazyKim
16-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Although the council have been trying to get rid of that dilapidated warehouse north of the railway line/west of Sneinton for years. Isn't that where they wanted to put Forest's new ground when the city was involved in the 2018 World Cup bid?

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 02:10 PM

Definitely. Stadium mentioned once. None of the plans show it being touched.

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 02:12 PM

Red bordered zone "has a number of challenging issues which also need to be managed including the compatibility of existing uses, and complex and multiple land ownerships." I think that has to do with residential issues as much as anything, so we wouldn't be doing anything in that area. A new ground would most likely be in that triangle north of where we are now.

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Red bordered zone "has a number of challenging issues which also need to be managed including the compatibility of existing uses, and complex and multiple land ownerships." I think that has to do with residential issues as much as anything, so we wouldn't be doing anything in that area. A new ground would most likely be in that triangle north of where we are now.

There is absolutely nothing in that document that suggests the ground is going anywhere, other than where it currently is. The fact that it is in the flood zone and they will be taking some of the flood zone within the red line boundary adds weight to the stadium staying where it is. Nice big sacrificial area of land during a flood. EA wouldn't give that up easily.

TSANHO
16-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Maybe being pessimistic but if the stadium wasn’t included in the plans then why would people of such stature be remotely interested in buying a football (which they appear to have no interest in) that isn’t even in the football league any longer?

My concern is that if such a takeover goes through they are under no obligation to fund the club with massive funds. Upon the development of the surrounding area, and Notts safely discarded out of the way into a Lego stadium, then there is nothing to stop them selling the club to another Alan Hardy in pretty much the same state we are now.....without Meadow Lane and looking like another Darlington.

Let’s not be hoodwinked like we have been before....as exciting as it potentially could be.

SmiffyPie
16-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Maybe being pessimistic but if the stadium wasn’t included in the plans then why would people of such stature be remotely interested in buying a football (which they appear to have no interest in) that isn’t even in the football league any longer?

My concern is that if such a takeover goes through they are under no obligation to fund the club with massive funds. Upon the development of the surrounding area, and Notts safely discarded out of the way into a Lego stadium, then there is nothing to stop them selling the club to another Alan Hardy in pretty much the same state we are now.....without Meadow Lane and looking like another Darlington.

Let’s not be hoodwinked like we have been before....as exciting as it potentially could be.A good post.

legs77
16-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Let’s not be hoodwinked like we have been before....as exciting as it potentially could be.

True they can do as you say but its the same with anyone isn't it ? we are doing that anyway !

After Munto most of us look into things more and there is nothing wrong with that.

Time will tell if it is who they are saying it is I cannot see them buying us and not want to take us forward.

TSANHO
16-05-2019, 03:08 PM
True they can do as you say but its the same with anyone isn't it ? we are doing that anyway !

After Munto most of us look into things more and there is nothing wrong with that.

Time will tell if it is who they are saying it is I cannot see them buying us and not want to take us forward.

Yeah I guess....just had a slight ringing of alarm bells. I can’t understand anyone wanting to buy us, especially the people rumoured to be doing so, without another motive...which we now know.

At least if it’s someone like Smurthwaite or Alan Hardy you know they’re into their football and their egos want to see the club rising through the leagues.

I’d imagine these guys aren’t like the rich oil barons wanting to fund a club, just the real estate that the club sits on. Time will tell, at least it gives us something to chew over!

Chicken Balti Pie
16-05-2019, 03:14 PM
If they were going to drop a deuce so to speak and only want Notts for the land, why would they spend so much time going through due diligence and not asking awkward questions as has been alluded to in Twitter. The fact that Alex May hasn't allegedly asked such questions makes me worry about his bid rather than the south African bid personally. You don't spend time going through it like they have to just screw the business over

theory_extinct
16-05-2019, 03:21 PM
If they were going to drop a deuce so to speak and only want Notts for the land, why would they spend so much time going through due diligence and not asking awkward questions as has been alluded to in Twitter. The fact that Alex May hasn't allegedly asked such questions makes me worry about his bid rather than the south African bid personally. You don't spend time going through it like they have to just screw the business over

No matter what happens, good or bad, some fans find the bad. I'm a prime example. First time I saw Trew I didn't think he was good for the club - looked too much like an old school science teacher. Didn't like Hardy either, calling himself Big Al on twitter put me right off him (ego too big).

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 03:27 PM
There is absolutely nothing in that document that suggests the ground is going anywhere, other than where it currently is. .

The document is concerned with the red boundary area and what might be done with that, there are no definitive plans, it's open to public consultation. What it does show however is that the ground is in what they deem to be a wider "Waterside Regeneration Zone" and we're right on the edge of the red boundary and within the purple area...

"The area covered by the Waterside SPD falls within the boundary of the Waterside Regeneration Zone, which is identified as a strategic location for growth."

upthemaggies
16-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Looks to me as if the northern boundary is the railway line

I'd thought "Eastcroft" described the area north of that line up to and including what they now call the "Creative Quarter", behind the BBC studios, I think that's where they were thinking of moving Fword to at one point. But in the document they are defining the "Eastcroft regeneration" as the area north of County Road.

Scanlon's Hatrick
16-05-2019, 03:54 PM

Totally sums up my concerns/doubts.
I made the mistake of getting caught up and excited by the Munto charade.
We have no say or control in any of this so let's just see how it plays out.

BanjoPie
16-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Sorry if I have missed it but what does SPD stand for??

Bushwacka
16-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Supplementary Planning Document

Bridg4d_Pie_
16-05-2019, 04:23 PM

Strategic Pie Development. 😂😂

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 04:24 PM

EDIT Sorry Bush didn't see your post

JoePass
16-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Strategic Pie Development. 😂😂

Sids Political Diatribe O:)

slack_pie
16-05-2019, 05:02 PM

So true, but hey, this is the fun part where we get to be optimistic - you know, before everything goes horribly wrong.

Old_pie
16-05-2019, 05:09 PM
There is absolutely nothing in that document that suggests the ground is going anywhere, other than where it currently is. The fact that it is in the flood zone and they will be taking some of the flood zone within the red line boundary adds weight to the stadium staying where it is. Nice big sacrificial area of land during a flood. EA wouldn't give that up easily.

Well there is some provision for Net3 so if not a monorail there may at least be a tram!

BanjoPie
16-05-2019, 05:18 PM

Many thanks

MAD_MAGPIE
16-05-2019, 05:33 PM

I do not think you are being pessimistic, more airing on the side of caution. I wouldn't see anything wrong in Meadow Lane being redeveloped and integrated into a new redevelopment of the whole area if done in the right way as it could be very exciting.

For example the surrounding roads could be gotten rid of and the area around the stadium be made more pedestrian friendly with bars, shops and restaurants for example, with green spaces and additional sports facilities along with riverside residential developments. After all it is a golden triangle of sports in that area of the city.

Let's face it that area of Nottingham is quite run down, industrial, old and dated anyway.

However if Meadow Lane was redeveloped but downsized to an out of the box 10,000 seater lego stadium to make way for the development would be the biggest concern as you say.

It's out of all our hands so we just have to be patient and see what develops.

SmiffyPie
16-05-2019, 05:41 PM
However if Meadow Lane was redeveloped but downsized to an out of the box 10,000 seater lego stadium to make way for the development would be the biggest concern as you say.

It's out of all our hands so we just have to be patient and see what develops.Exactly.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
16-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Why so much concern about a smaller stadium..when we struggle to get a third of the current capacity week in week out.?

LaxtonLad
16-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Why so much concern about a smaller stadium..we struggle to get a third of the current capacity week in week out?

Aah, but we'll be in The Championship in five years time.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
16-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Aah, but we'll be in The Championship in five years time.

That old chestnut.

Championship..I’d be happy with the football league.

1955pie
16-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Why so much concern about a smaller stadium..when we struggle to get a third of the current capacity week in week out.?

Because it shows a lack of ambition / hope.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
16-05-2019, 07:20 PM

In that case we better keep it and charge £2 a ticket while we live in hope.

SmiffyPie
16-05-2019, 08:23 PM
while we live in hope.Well that and the love of the thing that is Notts County.

Ben the Pie
16-05-2019, 10:05 PM
So true, but hey, this is the fun part where we get to be optimistic - you know, before everything goes horribly wrong.

That sounds familiar! But this is Notts. So often this season the best bit has been (often on here) before the match actually starts and "everything goes horribly wrong"...
We'll have to wait and see on HUGE things like ML and the full plans etc, but with so many clubs facing the beak and/or the axe this year, some kind of financial stability is more important than ever these days outside the Plastic League.
If Notts are one of the clubs that don't have to look over their shoulder every bloody year on the money/stability front, I'll take that.
Just want us to survive!

slack_pie
17-05-2019, 03:48 AM

Exactly this. Our stadium is pretty much the only remaining reminder that we haven't always been ****, and we actually have the potential to not be **** if we just get our act together. Downgrading to a 10k lego stadium is like admitting that the good times will never return.

10k simply wouldn't be big enough. I know we're a non-league side, but if the owners have any kind of ambition, we shouldn't be aiming to hang around there too long. While I doubt we'll ever be a Championship club again (not without a huge amount of investment, anyway), being a decent L1 club should be within the realms of possibility. If we were competing in the top half of L1, with decent ticket prices and the odd deal here and there (like the last two seasons), there's no reason why we couldn't average 10k. Then there are the big games - local derbies, cup ties, playoffs - where we'd get closer to 20k than 10k.

I would say anything less than 15k would be a huge mistake.

the_anticlough
17-05-2019, 05:54 AM
Exactly this. Our stadium is pretty much the only remaining reminder that we haven't always been ****, and we actually have the potential to not be **** if we just get our act together. Downgrading to a 10k lego stadium is like admitting that the good times will never return.

10k simply wouldn't be big enough. I know we're a non-league side, but if the owners have any kind of ambition, we shouldn't be aiming to hang around there too long.

Absolutely right.
This shouldn't even be a topic of conversation when there's no news at all about this.

Dunce
17-05-2019, 06:34 AM
Would anyone like to speculate, how much speculation there is going to be today.

theory_extinct
17-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Would anyone like to speculate, how much speculation there is going to be today.

I'll kick off with speculation....did the NEP article mean today or next Friday for the takeover to be finalised? I think next Thursday.

LaxtonLad
17-05-2019, 07:05 AM
I'd like to speculate on why I am puzzled about stuff I'm wondering about.

Hardy has openly admitted that Notts' demise was "all my fault", so:

A. Why would anyone want keep him on as chairman?
B. What would be the duties of a failed chairman if we had a Director of Football?

Speculative answers to:

A. Prospective owners haven't got a clue of how to run a football club, nor has Hardy but he means well.
B. To keep things ticking over nicely till the DoF gets into the swing of things.

theory_extinct
17-05-2019, 07:09 AM

B. What would be the duties of a failed chairman if we had a Director of Football?

Speculative answers to:

A. Prospective owners haven't got a clue of how to run a football club, nor has Hardy but he means well.
B. To keep things ticking over nicely till the DoF gets into the swing of things.

A. For the business side. He won't make the same mistakes twice - his ego couldn't handle it. To be fair he did a good job when he kept his nose out of the football side.
B. DoF to run the football side - keep Hardy away from that.

Chicken Balti Pie
17-05-2019, 07:10 AM
It seems the Alex May consortium wants him to stay on, probably to keep screwing us over. They haven't got the funding to run Chesterfield, never mind Notts. Also some nasty rumours of who is also part of that group as well, let's just say STAG might be reformed for the exact same purpose as the first time!

Whilst I only know rumour, I'm much happier with the South African group taking over, even if it takes a few more days

countygump
17-05-2019, 07:16 AM
I'll kick off with speculation....did the NEP article mean today or next Friday for the takeover to be finalised? I think next Thursday.

I read it as the actual deal, (for Al to sign or not), will be with him sometime today. (Tho I'd heard it was already on his desk). Is that in effect finalising the deal?

From yesterday's Post: 'After receiving documentation they had asked for from the club last week, the final details of their deal are being put together by their lawyers.

It is expected to be with chairman Alan Hardy before the close of play on Friday'.

And that the S/A's were flying in next week to do some much needed sorting out.

'It is understood they are set to discuss their plans for the Magpies next season, which includes the manager Neal Ardley, the playing budget and options regarding a new training ground'.

Surely the S/A's are gonna want someone at this end to run the ship on a day to day basis?

theory_extinct
17-05-2019, 07:21 AM
I read it as the actual deal, (for Al to sign or not), will be with him sometime today. (Tho I'd heard it was already on his desk). Is that in effect finalising the deal?

From yesterday's Post: 'After receiving documentation they had asked for from the club last week, the final details of their deal are being put together by their lawyers.

It is expected to be with chairman Alan Hardy before the close of play on Friday'.

And that the S/A's were flying in next week to do some much needed sorting out.

'It is understood they are set to discuss their plans for the Magpies next season, which includes the manager Neal Ardley, the playing budget and options regarding a new training ground'.

Surely the S/A's are gonna want someone at this end to run the ship on a day to day basis?

That's how I read it. However, you never know how sloppy the writing has been on the article. Now, reading back over that article, the deal will be on AH's desk - doesn't mean he will finalise it. He'd probably want his solicitor to take a look too. Maybe see if the other consortium can match/better it? That could take some time.

countygump
17-05-2019, 07:28 AM
That's how I read it. However, you never know how sloppy the writing has been on the article. Now, reading back over that article, the deal will be on AH's desk - doesn't mean he will finalise it. He'd probably want his solicitor to take a look too. Maybe see if the other consortium can match/better it? That could take some time.

The final decision will be up to Al as to which deal he sees as being most beneficial, financially, to him. But from what I've heard the S/A one is head and shoulders above the May one. We'll see if he really does have the 'interests of the club at heart', as he claims he does.

Old_pie
17-05-2019, 07:55 AM
Speculative answers to:

A. Prospective owners haven't got a clue of how to run a football club, nor has Hardy but he means well.*

Hardy only means to be in the limelight, rubbing shoulders with what he sees as the powerful, the great and the famous and to be in front of the cameras (yes, even Little Al). NCFC provided him a vehicle to do just that, witness the moment of our demise and how he alone is on the bench - wtf is he even doing there - waiting for the cameras.

If the new owners choose AH to continue they not only prove the don't have a clue how to run a football club but that they are being poorly advised. And that does not bode well.

* Haydn Green, Jimmy Sirrel, Jack Walker, Jack Dunnett and the like - they are the ones to be singled out as meaning well.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
17-05-2019, 07:57 AM

Speculative answers to:

And surely that would be the end of Jason Turner as head of operations or ceo whatever he’s called ?
Too many chiefs !

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
17-05-2019, 07:59 AM
It seems the Alex May consortium wants him to stay on, probably to keep screwing us over. They haven't got the funding to run Chesterfield, never mind Notts. Also some nasty rumours of who is also part of that group as well, let's just say STAG might be reformed for the exact same purpose as the first time!

Whilst I only know rumour, I'm much happier with the South African group taking over, even if it takes a few more days

Ahh you must mean Amos Brearly ?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
17-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Hardy only means to be in the limelight, rubbing shoulders with what he sees as the powerful, the great and the famous and to be in front of the cameras (yes, even Little Al). NCFC provided him a vehicle to do just that, witness the moment of our demise and how he alone is on the bench - wtf is he even doing there - waiting for the cameras.

If the new owners choose AH to continue they not only prove the don't have a clue how to run a football club but that they are being poorly advised. And that does not bode well.

* Haydn Green, Jimmy Sirrel, Jack Walker, Jack Dunnett and the like - the are the ones to be singled out as meaning well.

Agreed !

Dunce
17-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Bye ek Mr Wilkes.

Chicken Balti Pie
17-05-2019, 08:12 AM

Something like that 😂

matt_magpie
17-05-2019, 08:14 AM
I bet Hardy is tempted if he could still retain some stake in the club as part of the deal and possibly recoup some money long term and who would blame him. TBF he’s had a lot of passion and drive to improve Notts and as he’s kept stating attendances have risen when they were on a downward spiral. Could he learn from his mistakes? I am sure he’s intelligent enough but as everyone fear his ego would get in the way of doing things right but then again he would be answerable to someone else.

legs77
17-05-2019, 08:15 AM
Pure gut feeling but I don't want Alex May group to take over a few names put me off that lets say and Kenworthy has previously worked with him.

Also how can you be a DOF if you have not been involved in pro football for 20 years !

RarePie
17-05-2019, 08:21 AM

Because every so often we sell more than 10,000? We had one of the highest attendances in League 2 despite relegation. If we had a stadium of 10,000 or less, it would seal our intentions of being a low level, League 2/National League club. Where's the aspiration? 20,000 suits us as we can often get big crowds and it shows our aspirations of League 1/Championship.

Anybody who wants a smaller ground needs their head checking, it doesn't make sense. Sad sacks with no aspiration and clearly happy supporting a nobody-club.

BigFatPie
17-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Anybody who wants a smaller ground needs their head checking, it doesn't make sense. Sad sacks with no aspiration and clearly happy supporting a nobody-club.

Harsh.

Playing our home games at a 2/3rds to 3/4s empty stadium on a regular basis has contributed to a pretty shyte home record in the last 20 years. IMO

Planning for a new ground on the basis of being 3 leagues up in a division we’ve not been in for 25 years doesn’t make much sense to me..

MagpieMike
17-05-2019, 08:53 AM
Harsh.

Playing our home games at a 2/3rds to 3/4s empty stadium on a regular basis has contributed to a pretty shyte home record in the last 20 years. IMO

Planning for a new ground on the basis of being 3 leagues up in a division we’ve not been in for 25 years doesn’t make much sense to me..

Harsh but fair. Why would anyone want to leave meadow Lane, when we have such a good stadium? Replacing the stadium just doesn't make sense, even a much smaller ground will cost a shed load of money, to say nothing of the cost of demolition. As the land the stadium is on is leased rather than owned, I just can't see how a property development/new stadium deal stacks up.

Bohinen
17-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Harsh.

Can't really agree with that. How many home games did we lose in 2009/10? Or 1997/8?

Teams in general have improved their ability to win away by packing the defence and hitting the home team on the counter. To overcome that, the home team needs to be able to break down a packed defence, maybe with a tricky winger and a genuine goalscorer. We currently have neither.

LaxtonLad
17-05-2019, 08:59 AM
Harsh.

But why deliberately downsize just to say we now have a ground that refects our present situation? What about the future? Or don't you believe we have one?

Building a smaller stadium is like saying "We know our place and we're staying where we belong, big crowds ain't for the likes of us".

upthemaggies
17-05-2019, 09:08 AM
One good thing that I'd expect to come with a new stadium that hasn't been mentioned is standing areas.

However, when the new owners take control, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a statement to the effect of "We have no plans to leave Meadow Lane at the present time" and we'll all forget about it, but it is now obvious why these groups are interested in buying the club in the long term.

1955pie
17-05-2019, 09:13 AM
The final decision will be up to Al as to which deal he sees as being most beneficial, financially, to him. But from what I've heard the S/A one is head and shoulders above the May one. We'll see if he really does have the 'interests of the club at heart', as he claims he does.

I think we are all forgetting that Notts County owe Paragon a lot of money. I am sure that the Paragon administrators will have a lot of say in this - and their legal obligations are to Paragon creditors.

SmiffyPie
17-05-2019, 09:13 AM
As the land the stadium is on is leased rather than owned, I just can't see how a property development/new stadium deal stacks up.Because a developer could move us away to a drop in stadium, build on the vacant ground and lease on new terms from the council? Moving us would be peanuts compared to the potential income from a retail/hotel new build.

slack_pie
17-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Pure gut feeling but I don't want Alex May group to take over a few names put me off that lets say and Kenworthy has previously worked with him.

Also how can you be a DOF if you have not been involved in pro football for 20 years !

Me too. Obviously I know nothing, but from what I've heard the South African deal sounds way better. If Hardy sells us down the river for a few extra pounds, no Notts fan will ever forgive him. But I wouldn't put it past him.

TSANHO
17-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Me too. Obviously I know nothing, but from what I've heard the South African deal sounds way better. If Hardy sells us down the river for a few extra pounds, no Notts fan will ever forgive him. But I wouldn't put it past him.

Only conjecture but Alan Hardy said the new owners asked him to stay on....

We suspect that the SA’s would like their own man and it was Alex May who want Hardy to remain, can we conclude that Hardy favours the Alex May takeover?

jonnyt1
17-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Give Alan Hardy credit, he tried his best, did too much for Notts and for that reason lost a business he had built up for a long time.

At the time I think the majority of fans agreed with every sacking.

It was Kevin Nolan that put us where we are not Alan Hardy who supplied significant funds and backed every manager.

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Give Alan Hardy credit, he tried his best, did too much for Notts and for that reason lost a business he had built up for a long time.

It was Kevin Nolan that put us where we are not Alan Hardy who supplied significant funds and backed every manager.

Spot on JT.

Chicken Balti Pie
17-05-2019, 09:39 AM

We suspect that the SA’s would like their own man and it was Alex May who want Hardy to remain, can we conclude that Hardy favours the Alex May takeover?

I think the south African group also asked initially if I read it right as well

matt_magpie
17-05-2019, 09:55 AM

His strengths are marketing the club, pushing it forward to get more air time and awareness and yes a bit OTT at times with taunting forest. With a strong director of football it would probably work. Guess I still feel sorry for the guy, yes they were ultimately his mistakes on the football side and he was extremely naive in thinking it was the same as running a normal business but the grass ain’t always greener.

ireallyhateforest
17-05-2019, 10:27 AM

Alan Hardy should be nowhere near this club once he has sold it. I would be gutted if he was to remain at the club in any capacity.

legs77
17-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Well I am in the same boat as you but reading between the lines Alex May is the back up if all goes wrong.

SA are the front runners from what I am seeing and it appears they are asking all the right questions and are not rushing in I know fans will panic about signings etc but i'd rather have someone who takes abit of time to get things done properly.

marshall55
17-05-2019, 10:57 AM
I would imagine Ardley has done all of his homework, knows who his keeping and who he wants just waiting for the green light, if that is if he stays on., Training ground could be an interesting one with Basford charging so much per week, maybe the ROLLS ROYCE site maybe a good option .

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Well I am in the same boat as you but reading between the lines Alex May is the back up if all goes wrong.

SA are the front runners from what I am seeing and it appears they are asking all the right questions and are not rushing in I know fans will panic about signings etc but i'd rather have someone who takes abit of time to get things done properly.

Me too. I also notice the University of Nottingham Economics Department had an interesting guest speaker on the 15th. Anyone ese see that?

McCullochisGod
17-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Spot on JT.

Are you stark raving mad. Hardy is to blame for this debacle, no one else. And you think he's spot on Swale. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

SmiffyPie
17-05-2019, 11:07 AM
I know fans will panic about signings ...Well that is an interesting point. I would be surprised if we thought we would be in the mix for league standard players and would those players drop into the National League?

McCullochisGod
17-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Alan Hardy should be nowhere near this club once he has sold it. I would be gutted if he was to remain at the club in any capacity.

He will have no choice if he can't sell. You are SPOT ON he SHOULD be nowhere near this club, the man is complete idiot and failure. I still believe there is no buyer on the horizon and if so we are in the ****e...

upthemaggies
17-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Leigh Curtis on the Nandos link - "Heard the rumours, but if I was you, I wouldn’t be holding my breath. Up there with the Brian Joffe link."

upthemaggies
17-05-2019, 11:20 AM
The May group have been looking at potential managers, so no future for Ardley at Notts if their bid is accepted.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-webchat-live-leigh-2878554

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Are you stark raving mad. Hardy is to blame for this debacle, no one else. And you think he's spot on Swale. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Sorry my considered opinion doesn't match yours old chap. Regardless of that, do you have any tasty morsels of inside info for us today?

ireallyhateforest
17-05-2019, 11:24 AM
He will have no choice if he can't sell. You are SPOT ON he SHOULD be nowhere near this club, the man is complete idiot and failure. I still believe there is no buyer on the horizon and if so we are in the ****e...

That's the worrying thing MIG.

Dunce
17-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Me too. I also notice the University of Nottingham Economics Department had an interesting guest speaker on the 15th. Anyone ese see that?

No. Who was that Mr Swale?

Bohinen
17-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Leigh Curtis on the Nandos link - "Heard the rumours, but if I was you, I wouldn’t be holding my breath. Up there with the Brian Joffe link."

If I were you, Scoop. Maybe the professional journalist could come up with more information if he doesn't believe the rumours.

Chicken Balti Pie
17-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Sounds to me that Curtis only knows info on Alex May. He also seems very positive towards them, makes you wonder his intentions?

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 11:30 AM
No. Who was that Mr Swale?

Some bloke called Brozin

Bohinen
17-05-2019, 11:30 AM

That's the thing about micromanagers, they always do too much. Btw, the majority of fans didn't really agree with sacking Kewell.

McCullochisGod
17-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Sorry my considered opinion doesn't match yours old chap. Regardless of that, do you have any tasty morsels of inside info for us today?

Maybe. The training ground will be a problem although it shouldn't be as we should have by now a high performance training centre in place according to Hardy by the 1st Jan 2019 guaranteed, he quoted that himself in the media. Five months later nothing and now apparently grovelling to the Hockey Centre. Swale, do you still believe all the porkies?

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Maybe. The training ground will be a problem although it shouldn't be as we should have by now a high performance training centre in place according to Hardy by the 1st Jan 2019 guaranteed, he quoted that himself in the media. Five months later nothing and now apparently grovelling to the Hockey Centre. Swale, do you still believe all the porkies?

Porkies? I know of many a crassly misjudged soundbite but not so many outright deliberate porkies. The training ground one was a classic one as you've pointed out 379 times so far, of course, but as it's now irrelevant in the grand scheme of things I don't know why you keep bringing it up. I think we may have some bigger fish to fry in the not too distant future.

Simon the Pieman
17-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Interestingly some support for Ollie. Not here I'm afraid. Couldn't run a chip shop, exposes himself online, tanks through a roadworks at seventy seven miles per hour. What's to like? Nolan yes some blame must be apportioned but who appointed him? Sorry Swale I laughed too . Back as chairman. No thank you.

countygump
17-05-2019, 12:03 PM

One thing Leigh is right about, at the moment everything is just rumours. However, you get the feeling he knows very little, if anything, more than we do.

Chicken Balti Pie
17-05-2019, 12:07 PM
One thing Leigh is right about, at the moment everything is just rumours. However, you get the feeling he knows very little, if anything, more than we do.

I'd like to know why he's not reporting the names of all of the Alex May group, he's missing a very controversial figure out. So controversial intact, the fears of Smurfwaite pale in comparison

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Interestingly some support for Ollie. Not here I'm afraid. Couldn't run a chip shop, exposes himself online, tanks through a roadworks at seventy seven miles per hour. What's to like? Nolan yes some blame must be apportioned but who appointed him? Sorry Swale I laughed too . Back as chairman. No thank you.

No need to apologise Simon, we're all utterly entitled to our opinions :)

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 12:09 PM

Perhaps less.

Oldstripy
17-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Scoop says the founder of Nando's was in Nottingham this week giving a talk 2 +2=?

Scoop also says the SA's have a site for the training ground in mind. It could be the site that Hardy has been after for some time.

Old_pie
17-05-2019, 12:26 PM
That's the thing about micromanagers, they always do too much. Btw, the majority of fans didn't really agree with sacking Kewell.

And this is a crux of the problem. AH needs affirmation so he surrounds himself with "Yes" men. Those that disagree get sacked. Novice Nolan went along with the AH's calamitous plan of changing the profile and style of play of our squad. When Kewell comes in and sees the load of shyte he's got to deal with and makes himself unpopular, no doubt disagreeing with AH, he gets the chop despite the tremendous lengths AH went through to get him in the first place.

The affable and genuine NA could also do no better with the squad, disappointing but the issue all started with AH's ego and interference and it isn't the first time he'd got involved in footballing matters. He won't learn*, he's not smart enough and craves the limelight too much.

Didn't stop tweeting when he said he would
Didn't stop speeding and even said he wouldn't
Didn't stop commenting on other club matters
Didn't stop arguing with fans
etc
etc

Old_pie
17-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Some bloke called Brozin

Maybe it was one of those talks on "How to become a millionaire", you know the one, start with a billion then buy a football club.

(Robbie) Brozin is featured here:

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/south-africans-abroad/meet-the-reclusive-sa-tycoon-behind-nandos/

Too many coincidences going on? Personally I'd prefer chicken wings.

TSANHO
17-05-2019, 12:45 PM

Do you just copy and paste all your posts MIG? Everyone gets it, what do you want?

Interesting Leigh Curtis has played down those rumours after yesterday’s ‘revelations’. He must know something we don’t, he’ll surely have insiders at the club, wouldn’t he?