PDA

View Full Version : O/T Leeds v Derby

keldsyke
15-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Cracking game so far for Derby to turn it around like they have, just makes you wonder what would have happened if Mason Bennett didn’t get injured.

PS: Leeds just scored as I type!!

drillerpie
15-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Cracking game so far for Derby to turn it around like they have, just makes you wonder what would have happened if Mason Bennett didn’t get injured.

PS: Leeds just scored as I type!!

Was just thinking the same about Bennett when he got subbed, wonder if his hamstring's gone again.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
15-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Good player but made of glass

JoePass
15-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Good player but made of glass

So pleased scum bags Leeds lost, I will never forget when we beat them 1-0 in 1972, after the game they gobbed on my wife and son. Up yours you Argie manager, ecstatic you are out. Pay backtime >:)

Elite_Pie
15-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Great comeback by Derby after losing the home leg, but as I recall there there have been better. I remember Yeovil losing the home leg 0-2 against a team who's name escapes me, only to deservedly stuff them 2-5 in the return match. Apparently fans of the team who won the first leg were so confident of going through that not only did some of them buy '?????? AT WEMBLEY' t-shirts from ebay, but they also started messageboard posts after the first leg asking "Where are you sitting at Wembley?".

forwardmagpie
15-05-2019, 09:03 PM
So pleased scum bags Leeds lost, I will never forget when we beat them 1-0 in 1972, after the game they gobbed on my wife and son. Up yours you Argie manager, ecstatic you are out. Pay backtime >:)

Sure it was 1975 when I went to Leeds unless I was driving my mini van at 15

tied_up_in_notts
15-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Great comeback by Derby after losing the home leg, but as I recall there there have been better. I remember Yeovil losing the home leg 0-2 against a team who's name escapes me, only to deservedly stuff them 2-5 in the return match. Apparently fans of the team who won the first leg were so confident of going through that not only did some of them buy '?????? AT WEMBLEY' t-shirts from ebay, but they also started messageboard posts after the first leg asking "Where are you sitting at Wembley?".

I vaguely remember that - hadn't the same fans hired loads of minibuses and booked hotels in the Wembley area too?

JoePass
15-05-2019, 09:08 PM

Lack of education for the deranged muppets.

Bohinen
15-05-2019, 09:08 PM
The problem Derby might have is that Chelsea may now start sniffing round Frank Lampard, given their current manger looks like he's spent the night on a park bench, and that's on his better days. Still, I expect they'll take that if it means going back to the PL. Who would the Scum have as rivals then?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9082497/frank-lampard-chelsea-boss-sarri-sack/

Could be too late, unless he does a Warnock and tells them to stick it.

Bohinen
15-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Sure it was 1975 when I went to Leeds unless I was driving my mini van at 15

It was indeed. I was watching Mansfield beat Coventry 2-0 that night, because I used to collect autographs at Field Mill as well as Notts and Forest (Coventry were almost famous once). Saw us beat Everton in round 4, the Everton players were so pissed off after that. Then I went to Newcastle where Eric Mac dropped it in the net from a throw-in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975%E2%80%9376_Football_League_Cup

But yes, Leeds fans are vile.

forwardmagpie
16-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Just took delivery of my new tv for the play off finals. Opened the box no Leeds!!!

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Just took delivery of my new tv for the play off finals. Opened the box no Leeds!!!

Well at least no Leeds means no Notts.

Oldstripy
16-05-2019, 01:58 PM

I remember that game I could't stop laughing for a long time after the game. XD

SwalePie
16-05-2019, 02:01 PM
I remember that game I could't stop laughing for a long time after the game. XD

Yes me too. Memories ...aaaaah.

ivansneck
16-05-2019, 05:28 PM

What’s Bielsa’s nationality got to with anything? Are you a racist?

navypie
16-05-2019, 06:46 PM

To be fair, that was one of the greatest Yeovil sides ever.
How I would love to see Derby go up. Can't think for the life of me why though, it's not like I like them more than Villa.

lunaspie
16-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Fans of big clubs like Derby never commit those kinds of errors.