PDA

View Full Version : Thank you NCM

Ben the Pie
16-05-2019, 10:30 PM
I just wanted to say a thing to this board.
Thank you.
This season has been tough for all of us, perhaps the toughest and I hadn't looked at NCM for a long time.
But as things got worse on the pitch and having no-one to gab to about it, or listen to their thoughts about Notts, this board has been a saviour for me.
Full of humour, spats and information that I would never get otherwise, and healthy doses of wild speculation and blind faith from all of us - otherwise whats the point?!
But honestly, this relegation season I won't forget and a big part of that has been this board.
To everyone that posts, good or ill, everyone, i want to say thank you.
COYP

navypie
17-05-2019, 09:31 AM
I just wanted to say a thing to this board.
Thank you.
This season has been tough for all of us, perhaps the toughest and I hadn't looked at NCM for a long time.
But as things got worse on the pitch and having no-one to gab to about it, or listen to their thoughts about Notts, this board has been a saviour for me.
Full of humour, spats and information that I would never get otherwise, and healthy doses of wild speculation and blind faith from all of us - otherwise whats the point?!
But honestly, this relegation season I won't forget and a big part of that has been this board.
To everyone that posts, good or ill, everyone, i want to say thank you.
COYP

Ben, I hope you're not trying to take the title of the nicest poster on NCM from me.

The-Mac pie
17-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Not a chance navy...
Your nailed on for that accolade...
I’m sure elite will also agree

SlockyNCFC
17-05-2019, 02:10 PM
I agree, Notts MAD has been awesome this season. Many thanks to all. I actually rejoined partway through to start posting again, having had an old account on here deleted a while ago. The range and quality of discussion regarding all things Notts County has certainly helped in dealing with everything that has gone on. The idiosyncrasies of this board are also great - I for one continue to be entertained by the running battles between MIG and Elitepie!

Overall though it's just been nice to have somewhere to discuss the many aspects of this crazy season with fellow Notts fans; the kind of season that it feels could only happen at Notts. Only at this club could the level of farce be so well illustrated by our chairman managing to accidentally post a picture of his old chap onto social media.

And yet, despite it all, Notts are still my club, and always will be. It's nice to know that there are other fans that feel the same.

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 02:27 PM
I agree, Notts MAD has been awesome this season. Many thanks to all. I actually rejoined partway through to start posting again, having had an old account on here deleted a while ago. The range and quality of discussion regarding all things Notts County has certainly helped in dealing with everything that has gone on. The idiosyncrasies of this board are also great - I for one continue to be entertained by the running battles between MIG and Elitepie!

Overall though it's just been nice to have somewhere to discuss the many aspects of this crazy season with fellow Notts fans; the kind of season that it feels could only happen at Notts. Only at this club could the level of farce be so well illustrated by our chairman managing to accidentally post a picture of his old chap onto social media.

And yet, despite it all, Notts are still my club, and always will be. It's nice to know that there are other fans that feel the same.

i think i'm here more lately is because the banter on here has been more fun than spending saturday down at the lane this season, also the info and analysis on here is a lot more insightful than that coming from the club,other social media and the local press.

Elite_Pie
17-05-2019, 02:52 PM
The idiosyncrasies of this board are also great - I for one continue to be entertained by the running battles between MIG and Elitepie!

Running battles? Another poster thinks I'm in love with him!

The best thing about this board is that very few appear to be are giving up on the club now we have lost out Football League status.

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Running battles? Another poster thinks I'm in love with him!

The best thing about this board is that very few appear to be are giving up on the club now we have lost out Football League status.

i think its more of a love/hate thing personally

you're right it does sort of bring people together through the worst times, its like a group therapy for people with a damaging addiction

Frigiliana Pie 1
17-05-2019, 03:50 PM
It’s a great way of staying in touch with what’s happening at Meadow Lane (or at least, with what people say is happening!). Some of the opinions have to be taken with a pinch of salt, but the site is never dull.

Particular thanks to those who do the players ratings posts after each match. Very informative.

navypie
17-05-2019, 04:58 PM
It’s a great way of staying in touch with what’s happening at Meadow Lane (or at least, with what people say is happening!). Some of the opinions have to be taken with a pinch of salt, but the site is never dull.

Particular thanks to those who do the players ratings posts after each match. Very informative.

The site is never dull ( despite the best efforts of some people.Crikey, there are some boring flukers on here). As for opinions well, only my count and my match ratings are more accurate than anyone else's. Viva NCM. Viva Notts County!!

Elite_Pie
17-05-2019, 05:00 PM
The site is never dull ( despite the best efforts of some people.Crikey, there are some boring flukers on here). As for opinions, well, only my count and my match ratings are more accurate than anyone else's. Viva NCM. Viva Notts County.

You forgot to add that you are the nicest poster on here as well.

navypie
17-05-2019, 05:02 PM

I didn't think I had to.

ps. I hope you enjoyed your holiday mate.

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 05:03 PM

He is a nice man, a very nice man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cypq7HOfZ0E

Elite_Pie
17-05-2019, 05:08 PM
I didn't think I had to.

ps. I hope you enjoyed your holiday mate.

I did thank you. I'm off to Mexico in a couple of weeks, pity I can't arrange a meeting with my mate tarquin.

navypie
17-05-2019, 05:14 PM
I did thank you. I'm off to Mexico in a couple of weeks, pity I can't arrange a meeting with my mate tarquin.

Bongo bongo time.

optipez
17-05-2019, 05:23 PM

Bring back Tarquin, I always found him interesting. A bizarre life for sure but it takes all sorts.

60YearsAPie
17-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Bring back Tarquin, I always found him interesting. A bizarre life for sure but it takes all sorts.

Although he had his faults, some of his posts were entertaining and the board is poorer for his banning.

I've always wondered why he was banned but I guess it will be one of those unanswered questions, like what makes MiG the way he is.

navypie
17-05-2019, 05:32 PM

Wouldn't be a bad idea if Elite stayed in Mexico and Tarks came 'home'.

SwalePie
17-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Although he had his faults, some of his posts were entertaining and the board is poorer for his banning.

I've always wondered why he was banned but I guess it will be one of those unanswered questions, like what makes MiG the way he is.

Agreed

Elite_Pie
17-05-2019, 05:58 PM

He was certainly one of the more interesting posters on here and posted a lot of good stuff, but I'm afraid his demise was self-inflicted due to accepting the role of moderator. Once he got a bit of power it went to his head. He invited his mate Vladpie back and systematically started banning posters who disagreed with his opinions or decisions. I only survived because I played the double-bluff and told him he was out to ban me. As a poster he was good, as a moderator he was a complete disaster.

As for the reason why he was banned, I seem to remember reading a comment that he breached confidentiality rules regarding personal details about certain posters. I don't know if it's true, but it seems as plausible as anything else.

60YearsAPie
17-05-2019, 06:02 PM
He was certainly one of the more interesting posters on here and posted a lot of good stuff, but I'm afraid his demise was self-inflicted due to accepting the role of moderator. Once he got a bit of power it went to his head. He invited his mate Vladpie back and systematically started banning posters who disagreed with his opinions or decisions. I only survived because I played the double-bluff and told him he was out to ban me. As a poster he was good, as a moderator he was a complete disaster.

As for the reason why he was banned, I seem to remember reading a comment that he breached confidentiality rules regarding personal details about certain posters. I don't know if it's true, but it seems as plausible as anything else.

That's maybe answered the first of the unanswered questions, Elite, have you got an answer for the second?

irish_pie
17-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Ben, I hope you're not trying to take the title of the nicest poster on NCM from me.

Ill second that for the shipmate :)

irish_pie
17-05-2019, 06:07 PM
I actually miss Tarqs also... not the political stuff but he did amuse me with most of his posts... some of his spats on here are legendary and he brought a sense of humor to the place....is he on a life ban or just a seasonal one?

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 06:08 PM

we need to start a nicest poster league table, we'd still be in the relegation zoneXD

navypie
17-05-2019, 06:11 PM

So you only survived because of a double bluff! You cunning devil you.

Elite_Pie
17-05-2019, 06:13 PM
That's maybe answered the first of the unanswered questions, Elite, have you got an answer for the second?

What was the second unanswered question?

navypie
17-05-2019, 06:17 PM
we need to start a nicest poster league table, we'd still be in the relegation zoneXD

Speak for yer-sen.

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Speak for yer-sen.

obviously you're in a title challenge with nice ben, goes without saying navy

navypie
17-05-2019, 06:22 PM

irish pie. My favorite poster on NCM. Love your love for Notts mate.

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 06:25 PM
irish pie. My favorite poster on NCM. Love your love for Notts mate.

oh ffs stop being so damned nice

navypie
17-05-2019, 06:27 PM
obviously you're in a title challenge with nice ben, goes without saying navy

Ben wins in mate, all day long. Not too sure I will be able to mount a challenge anytime soon, if ever.

navypie
17-05-2019, 06:33 PM
oh ffs stop being so damned nice

It's difficult for me not to be nice , with regards to irish , it's genuine. Love his passion for Notts.

bridpie78
17-05-2019, 06:51 PM
It's difficult for me not to be nice , with regards to irish , it's genuine. Love his passion for Notts.

#metoo