PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Friendly Schedule

SwalePie
24-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Ipswich, Walsall, York, Nuneaton, Alfreton and Ilkeston included in our pre-season plans so far...

Date
Opponent

Sat 6 July (3pm)
Nuneaton Borough (A)

Sat 13 July (3pm)
Ilkeston Town (A)

Sat 20 July (3pm)
Walsall (H)

Tue 23 July (7pm)
Ipswich Town (H)

Fri 26 July (7.30pm)
Alfreton Town (A)

Sat 27 July (12.30pm)
York City (A)

cher1
24-05-2019, 02:13 PM
Ilkeston. Blimey, that could be 'interesting'

upthemaggies
24-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Ipswich, Walsall, York, Nuneaton, Alfreton and Ilkeston included in our pre-season plans so far...

Date
Opponent

Sat 6 July (3pm)
Nuneaton Borough (A)

Sat 13 July (3pm)
Ilkeston Town (A)

Sat 20 July (3pm)
Walsall (H)

Tue 23 July (7pm)
Ipswich Town (H)

Fri 26 July (7.30pm)
Alfreton Town (A)

Sat 27 July (12.30pm)
York City (A)

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/pre-season-2019/

No big clubs to bring the cash in, but I don't think playing both Leicester and Derby last pre-season were in any way beneficial in terms of helping the team to gel or boost confidence.

SwalePie
24-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Will be nice to welcome Bartman and The Irish Messi back

ncfcog
24-05-2019, 02:19 PM
That's actually quite a sensible pre-season. The Ilson game smacks of AH doing a deal with new owners knowing he will get a decent crowd and the cash that comes with it.

SwalePie
24-05-2019, 02:20 PM
That's actually quite a sensible pre-season. The Ilson game smacks of AH doing a deal with new owners knowing he will get a decent crowd and the cash that comes with it.

If that's the case it's win/win really. An easy bargaining tool worth much more to the recipient than the giver and both end up happy with the outcome.

ncfcog
24-05-2019, 02:34 PM
If that's the case it's win/win really. An easy bargaining tool worth much more to the recipient than the giver and both end up happy with the outcome.

Yep, so long as he's got bugger all to do with Notts at that point it's fine by me!

60YearsAPie
24-05-2019, 02:39 PM
I’ve made many a journey up to York to watch the Pies play. I think I’ll make one final trip to Bootham Crescent on July 27th, as I believe York City are going to ground share with York City Knights this season at the new York Community Stadium.

Chicken Balti Pie
24-05-2019, 02:46 PM
So who is off to Ilkeston with inflatable *****es then? 😂

SwalePie
24-05-2019, 02:55 PM
So who is off to Ilkeston with inflatable *****es then? 

Hopefully only Stags, Reds and Imps fans.

LaxtonLad
24-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Too right, utd. We never stood a chance against those two, our lack of pre-season fitness guaranteed a demoralising trouncing. At least we stand a chance against teams this time. I don’t think cash is a consideration here, more likely is team blending.

Oldstripy
24-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Some more games not on the list.

There are friendlies scheduled for a Notts XI which is likely to be made up of first-team and academy players with Carlton Town first up on July 9.

They will then face Rolls Royce Leisure on Saturday, July 13, with another game against Arnold Town arranged for Tuesday, July 16.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-announce-pre-season-2905761

Ticket prices are yet to be confirmed.

Chicken Balti Pie
24-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Some more games not on the list.

There are friendlies scheduled for a Notts XI which is likely to be made up of first-team and academy players with Carlton Town first up on July 9.

They will then face Rolls Royce Leisure on Saturday, July 13, with another game against Arnold Town arranged for Tuesday, July 16.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-announce-pre-season-2905761

Ticket prices are yet to be confirmed.

There are two others yet to be confirmed as well

pravda_plc
24-05-2019, 06:12 PM
What a shame that we had to get relegated to the National League before we get a sensible / constructive pre-season programme.

I doubt we made penny one out of the high profile friendlies against Leicester and Derby, given that they had half the gate money towards their expenses. The only thing these games achieved was for us fans to see how pish poor this team was going to be when we got round to the bread and butter league matches to come...

LaxtonLad
24-05-2019, 06:39 PM
I doubt we made penny one out of the high profile friendlies against Leicester and Derby, given that they had half the gate money towards their expenses. The only thing these games achieved was for us fans to see how pish poor this team was going to be when we got round to the bread and butter league matches to come...
I bet it helped their confidence though, easily beating the League 2 champions elect.

theory_extinct
25-05-2019, 04:34 AM
Looks I'll be going to York. A mate is a York supporter, will be worth it for a bit of banter. Plus disguise the trip as a romantic weekend away with the tank commander - not sure how fitting in a football match will go down though

bridpie78
25-05-2019, 05:29 AM
I bet it helped their confidence though, easily beating the League 2 champions elect.

shame beating rolls royce 273-nil didn't do the same for us, can you imagine how embarrassed they must be now getting beat by our lot