PDA

View Full Version : Charlton v Sunderland

Brin
26-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Considering where they finished in the league, a play off is totally different just ask any Leeds Utd fan as they finished 9 points in front of Derby and look how that finished.

Funnily enough I fancy Charlton to win this one. As for my bets yesterday, all out of the window as Tranmere who I backed to win, didn't win in the normal 90 minutes!

Charlton 2/1 and Sunderland 17/10 0n sky bet.

Hopefully, this is a far better game than yesterday.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

wendun
26-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Considering where they finished in the league, a play off is totally different just ask any Leeds Utd fan as they finished 9 points in front of Derby and look how that finished.

Funnily enough I fancy Charlton to win this one. As for my bets yesterday, all out of the window as Tranmere who I backed to win, didn't win in the normal 90 minutes!

I'm looking forward to listening to this one on the radio. I'd like Sunderland to win but I'd also like to play them next season. Tough one to call.

Nardendee
26-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Omg what a mistake!!

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Taxi for Philips lol

No doubt later in the game he will be a hero in the penalty shoot out.

flourbasher
26-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Ex Millers

Jake Forster Caskey on bench for Charlton
Obviously Purrington

Chris Maguire and Grant Leadbitter for Sunderland

sota
26-05-2019, 02:30 PM
First thing I was taught as a kid...only ever pass back to keeper wide of goal.

Nardendee
26-05-2019, 02:35 PM
It had to be Purrington!

millers88
26-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Purrington scores, wonder if that has put his value up a bit.

Brin
26-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Hope so he’s got a full year left!

IF they don’t go up, still expect Charlton to put a derisory bid in for Purrs.

Warne needs to get inside his head and tell him there’s still a good future for him at RUFC.

Nardendee
26-05-2019, 03:38 PM
Over 76,000 in attendance

Brin
26-05-2019, 03:53 PM
Sunderland we play then next season

fc_miller
26-05-2019, 04:01 PM
the lucky losers rewarded with a visit to NYS

Back of the net
26-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Both average teams imo.
League 1 is poor standard

rolymiller
26-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Every cloud...

CAMiller
26-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Don't tell me how it all ends. I'm waiting for the next series of Sunderland 'Till I Die on Netflix XD

Nardendee
26-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Can’t see Purrington wanting to come back now

Hazza Has A Gazza
26-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Over 76,000 in attendance

Only 50,000 more than last seasons final 🤔

animallittle3
26-05-2019, 04:12 PM
I've disliked Sunderland all season and their superiority complex and arrogance but I wouldn't have wished that on anyone to be honest .

Shocking way to lose a play off final with the width of a fag paper separating the two teams .

That said we needed another massive club in the championship like we needed a hole in the head .

Silly-miller
26-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Can’t see Purrington wanting to come back now

Yeah he will be gone within next week or so charlton will buy him

I can see him going for 700k- 900k

Pocket rocket
26-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Not about other teams just about us.
We only have to play them twice.
Genuinely believe we would have beat both them teams today.

Hazza Has A Gazza
26-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Bit disappointed Sunderland didn't go up. If we're challenging next season then Sunderland will be a big obstacle and we could have done with them out of the way. Then again, charlton isn't really a happy hunting ground for us either and you'd imagine they'd also be up there.

CAMiller
26-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Yeah he will be gone within next week or so charlton will buy him

I can see him going for 700k- 900k

If I'd put 300K into my pension account 2 years ago and they were now giving me 700K-900K back I'd be pretty happy!

mikemiller
26-05-2019, 04:37 PM
If Maguire gets released by Sunderland - please Warney - just say NO!
If he is one of the players that wants to come back we're burgered

sawmiller
26-05-2019, 04:37 PM
If I'd put 300K into my pension account 2 years ago and they were now giving me 700K-900K back I'd be pretty happy!

Hope so but - he could hand in transfer request - understandably - hence reducing his value to us and getting a Championship wage and football for himself - sadly for us

flourbasher
26-05-2019, 04:44 PM
.....or Charlton might not perceive him to be a cship standard player.
We didn't think he was so they might not want him now

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Sunderland we play then next season

And joy of joys for police overtime it’s Millwall v Charlton twice.

Silly-miller
26-05-2019, 05:28 PM

That’s football for you you ether make big money or you piss big money away

Brin
26-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Nice £44 profit off that little bet....

animallittle3
26-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Will Griggs on fire ....your defence is terrified ....apparently not !!!!

£4m ....chortle !!!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/will-grigg.1474779/

fc_miller
26-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Charlton are not going to pay £700k, they might pay £300k. But they could go out and get a free transfer or loan player in with championship experience.

Brin
26-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Charlton are not going to pay £700k, they might pay £300k. But they could go out and get a free transfer or loan player in with championship experience.

I will be more than surprised that TS will take less than £300,000 for Purrington. Whereas once he's a Championship player with them, he will command a sell on fee of £3,000,000 such is a football clubs over valuation of player from darn sarf.

We should be looking to keep him, we have his registration and he was quick to a three year deal when no one else was after him! we don't want another Campbell -Ryce farce....do we?

millertop
26-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Well done Purrington, don’t blame him for one second if he wants to stay at Charlton if the put a bid in

fc_miller
26-05-2019, 07:44 PM
How much did we spend on Taylor, Newell and Forde.

I'd like him to stay and play, depending on formation will depend if he gets in the team.

Though it depends on the player, if he wants to go then it doesn't matter.

Brin
26-05-2019, 07:50 PM
How much did we spend on Taylor, Newell and Forde.

I'd like him to stay and play, depending on formation will depend if he gets in the team.

Though it depends on the player, if he wants to go then it doesn't matter.

fc, it does matter. We bought him on the premise that he was young and definitely one for the future. Now folk on here are being so nonchalant saying let him go......why? He's our future in playing terms.

flourbasher
26-05-2019, 08:08 PM
I think fans have written him off because he's hardly played for us.
Our Manager has shown little interest in putting him in our match day squad so we assume he's not as good as the computer said he was.
PW knows more Purrington,s abilities than me so I'm trusting his judgement

Brin
26-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Our Manager has shown little interest in putting him in our match day squad so we assume he's not as good as the computer said he was.

Looked okay and more than capable in the play offs, of what I saw. Assuming Mattock signs, would he want to come back and play second fiddle? Expect more on this and soon.....

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-05-2019, 08:30 PM

Hmmmm......I suspect it’s more to do with personalities than skill

fc_miller
26-05-2019, 08:40 PM
I agree he's one for the future and if he wants to commit when he comes back great. It's unfair judging him on the few games he played for us during our worst ever season.

If he does stay, Mattock will be first choice left back. Purrington could play wing back if we play 352, with mattock as left cb.

Brin
26-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Hmmmm......I suspect it’s more to do with personalities than skill

grist, you might have something there....also he might be a vegan that in itself would ruin a good barbecue....

flourbasher
26-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Robertson and I think it's Ihiekwe can also fill in at LB so keeping Mattock and bringing Purrington back probably isn't the best use of our budget. So it's one or the other
Need to spend the money on other positions

Acido
26-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Superb hilarious anti-Mackem result, and its what we all wanted to see isnt it ? lol.
Ok yes Sunderland Fc and their fans do come in their numbers, I'll give them credit for that. But its their constant appalling arrogant attitude of themselves, and of every other club as well which annoys me and angers me most about them.
They will be favourites for Lg One again next season, Ive got no doubt about that to be honest. But the mere fact that they are in this position now and the fact that they have blown it this season in the so called easy crappy pub alehouse kickabout League etc, LOL. XD

mygiddypant
26-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Given that the owner of Charlton is a tosser he won't be dipping into his pockets to find a large amount of change to buy Purrington.

great_fire
26-05-2019, 10:12 PM
Superb hilarious anti-Mackem result, and its what we all wanted to see isnt it ? lol.
Ok yes Sunderland Fc and their fans do come in their numbers, I'll give them credit for that. But its their constant appalling arrogant attitude of themselves, and of every other club as well which annoys me and angers me most about them.
They will be favourites for Lg One again next season, Ive got no doubt about that to be honest. But the mere fact that they are in this position now and the fact that they have blown it this season in the so called easy crappy pub alehouse kickabout League etc, LOL. XD

London over Sunderland?

Nah.

Acido
26-05-2019, 10:27 PM
London over Sunderland?
Nah.

Who cares eh GF kid, as long as it means comedy anti-Sunderland relegation gold. ;D

Nardendee
26-05-2019, 10:48 PM
When does their parachute run out?

mikemiller
26-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Who cares eh GF kid, as long as it means comedy anti-Sunderland relegation gold. ;D
They have taken on Man. City's , until recently, underachievement crown. I'm hoping that it continues when they play us next season. When I saw who they had signed at the start of the 2018/9 season, I was expecting a bottom half finish for them , so in a way they have done quite well.

animallittle3
26-05-2019, 11:01 PM
When does their parachute run out?

A season left on it , I believe they are due £15m this summer .

Acido
27-05-2019, 12:41 AM
They have taken on Man. City's , until recently, underachievement crown. I'm hoping that it continues when they play us next season. When I saw who they had signed at the start of the 2018/9 season, I was expecting a bottom half finish for them , so in a way they have done quite well.

Why was that then Mike, because I always do look at the them as a promotion contender, especially when its down to this Lg One Level.

millertop
27-05-2019, 07:34 AM
I’ve always wanted Purrington in the team but clearly Warney didn’t (his excuse obviously is one for the future)
If I was Purrington and Charlton wanted me (do they?) then I’d want to go because it seems Warney hasn’t been that interested in him ( surely most of you lot would want to leave)

Imo

flourbasher
27-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Sunderland did beat Leeds in the FA cup final So credit to them. Job well done.

Winning goal by none other than Rotherham,s Ian Porterfield