PDA

View Full Version : Good to dream

pielover
26-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Popped on to check for takeover updates, it seems likely that we're being taken over by people of considerable means.

I've not had a positive thought about Notts for a long while so feck it my BH holiday weekend is going to be spent in dreamworld.

I'm dreaming that they not only have means but intent, I'm dreaming they're professional people who know the value of putting a professional management team in place, I'm dreaming they're motivated not only by some long unknown connection with the club but also by a hatred of the red sh!te and won't rest until we're above them, I'm dreaming they own a scoreboard company, I'm dreaming they're sensible people and not ego crazed megalomaniacs.

I'm dreaming this is lowest point I ever see Notts County at.

I hope I'm not dreaming.

ncfcog
26-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Wake up!!

pielover
26-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Wake up!!

Well that didn't last long.

jackal2
26-05-2019, 01:24 PM
We've got to dream, we can't afford for things to get any worse. Success is paramount from now on.

slack_pie
26-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Popped on to check for takeover updates, it seems likely that we're being taken over by people of considerable means.

I've not had a positive thought about Notts for a long while so feck it my BH holiday weekend is going to be spent in dreamworld.

I'm dreaming that they not only have means but intent, I'm dreaming they're professional people who know the value of putting a professional management team in place, I'm dreaming they're motivated not only by some long unknown connection with the club but also by a hatred of the red sh!te and won't rest until we're above them, I'm dreaming they own a scoreboard company, I'm dreaming they're sensible people and not ego crazed megalomaniacs.

I hope I'm not dreaming.

I know this sounds like pure fantasy, but I'm dreaming that the new owners provide consistency and stability on and off the pitch, starting by now sacking the manager every 3 months. Maybe then we can build a competitive and hungry squad that's able to win more games than it loses in the fifth tier of English football.

I know, I know, I'm crazy for expecting too much.

SwalePie
26-05-2019, 01:59 PM
starting by now sacking the manager every 3 months.

Personally I think that's too frequent. I think they should get back to having only one or two per season :)

countygump
26-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Personally I think that's too frequent. I think they should get back to having only one or two per season :)

A rolling monthly appointment would be better. A parade of managers on the pitch come season's end, a fans vote and a few lie detector tests thrown in.

SwalePie
26-05-2019, 02:20 PM
A rolling monthly appointment would be better. A parade of managers on the pitch come season's end, a fans vote and a few lie detector tests thrown in.

Mmm. I think you could be onto something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNUOkqzcVA

slack_pie
26-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Haha, I've been infected with the Notts disease. SACK THEM! SACK THEM ALL!

Obviously I meant 'starting by not sacking'.

Notsohumblepie
26-05-2019, 03:14 PM
Haha, I've been infected with the Notts disease. SACK THEM! SACK THEM ALL!

Obviously I meant 'starting by not sacking'.

Apparently one, or two season ticket holders have acquired a taste for human flesh, so half-time might be entertaining on a whole new level, if results start to disappoint.

Vegan alternatives are available, and supporters in the Pavis Stand might want to check the condition of their dentures

lunaspie
26-05-2019, 08:03 PM

Is that Soccerman's Commodus ?

JoePass
26-05-2019, 08:50 PM
Is that Soccerman's Commodus ?

No, sold that now, second hand, used quite a bit but a bargain. Got a new pair of asbestos Y fronts.

nw6pie
26-05-2019, 08:51 PM
I know this sounds like pure fantasy, but I'm dreaming that the new owners provide consistency and stability on and off the pitch, starting by now sacking the manager every 3 months. Maybe then we can build a competitive and hungry squad that's able to win more games than it loses in the fifth tier of English football.

I know, I know, I'm crazy for expecting too much.

You’re callin for strong and stable leadership? That’s got a ring to it. Let’s just hope it turns out better in our case.

I know Neal Ardley has divided many fans (including me - I have flip-flopped on whether he should stay or go), but if he gets the benefit of the doubt from the new owners, let’s hope he can repay that trust PDQ.

BigFatPie
26-05-2019, 10:48 PM

I hope I'm not dreaming.

If I could take a post out for a drink and maybe a cuddle it would be this one.

LaxtonLad
27-05-2019, 06:40 AM

Does he w@nk as high as any in wome?