PDA

View Full Version : Millers plough investment into training ground

Footymad
28-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Tony Stewart tells themillers.co.uk that the club have again invested cash to further improve facilities at the Millers training ground Roundwood. - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/rotherham-united/news/tmnw/millers_plough_investment_into_training_ground_932 621/index.shtml)

Brin
28-05-2019, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know if TS has actually approached the owners of Roundwood and purchased the pitches. Seems a great investment what he has invested so far and should we lose some kind of lease?? Does the club walk away with nothing after all that has been invested.

I know Tony is a keen golfer and wonder if he's had a 'round or two' with the Roundwood board to finalise anything?

mellowmiller
29-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know if TS has actually approached the owners of Roundwood and purchased the pitches. Seems a great investment what he has invested so far and should we lose some kind of lease?? Does the club walk away with nothing after all that has been invested.

I know Tony is a keen golfer and wonder if he's had a 'round or two' with the Roundwood board to finalise anything?

Added to that, has anything happened with the land that TS purchased at Brinsworth/Tinsley that was originally going to be our new training ground? I haven't been out that way for ages.

frogmiller
29-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Doesn't Roundwood belong to the steelworks?

Grist_To_The_Mill
29-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Doesn't Roundwood belong to the steelworks?

Well I assume it's now in the ownership of the Liberty Steels Group leased to RUFC.

Maybe also like Millmoor there could be a covenant on the area for sporting use?

Lasterman
29-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Added to that, has anything happened with the land that TS purchased at Brinsworth/Tinsley that was originally going to be our new training ground? I haven't been out that way for ages.

Nothing at all that you can see. The grass hasn't been kept short of anything.

Brin
29-05-2019, 02:06 PM

The social club and outbuildings that once stood there have been demolished. The grass IS cut on a regular basis. Totally set up to sell up and develop as a private housing building estate. 😉

great_fire
29-05-2019, 03:16 PM
Problem with house building these days is that there's a requirement to provide a certain number of properties for social housing and developers say it makes it unprofitable.

Pattylallacks2
29-05-2019, 03:56 PM
Problem with house building these days is that there's a requirement to provide a certain number of properties for social housing and developers say it makes it unprofitable.

Do you really think so?
https://www.newstatesman.com/2017/07/developers-are-using-trick-get-out-building-affordable-homes

CAMiller
29-05-2019, 04:43 PM

Not sure what the long term ownership of the Roundwood complex looks like. Strangely I doubt if anyone ever envisaged there not being a British Steelworks involvement back in the late 1960s early 1970s when it was laid down. Hopefully it's in good hands as it holds some good memories including my Dad having the first ever hole in one on the golf course and also being part of the grounds team there for 10 years after his 'real' job at the Steelworks came to an end.

Citizen Erased
30-05-2019, 12:01 PM
The social club and outbuildings that once stood there have been demolished. The grass IS cut on a regular basis. Totally set up to sell up and develop as a private housing building estate. ��

Correct, the lease has something to do with it being unused for X Years before other uses can be sought, something to do with when Avesta etc. had the land.