PDA

View Full Version : Lady Arsenal fan of 50 years just interviewed on BBCTV

ex_pat_magpie
30-05-2019, 07:51 AM
Obviously very sad at the result and said "It will get better, can't get much worse"

Can you imagine her comments if she had had a dipstick of an owner as we have had to endure for more than a decade.

Before Fatso came we were at least on a par with Arsenal.

Supporters of the now top seven or eight clubs do not know how lucky they have been recently.

Roll on the take over, it can't come quick enough and I'm sure if Ashley is stupid enough to muck this one up through his usual greed and deviousness some one somewhere will flip and top him. B)

Ragatino
30-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Obviously very sad at the result and said "It will get better, can't get much worse"

Can you imagine her comments if she had had a dipstick of an owner as we have had to endure for more than a decade.

Before Fatso came we were at least on a par with Arsenal.

Supporters of the now top seven or eight clubs do not know how lucky they have been recently.

Roll on the take over, it can't come quick enough and I'm sure if Ashley is stupid enough to muck this one up through his usual greed and deviousness some one somewhere will flip and top him. B)

Saw an article 'c.newsnow.co.uk/A/987053081?-11058:809:latest_news#out' - Will Sheikh Khaled's Newcastle takeover destabilise the Premier League?

Obviously my conclusion is NO we will just return to where we were before Ashley arrived and completely sabotaged the club for his own personal gains.

Tomorrow's the day and mum's the word apparently.

Zippity
30-05-2019, 09:20 AM
They have no idea, do they? XD

Mind, Man City fans do because of their more recent (relatively so) struggles but they can't even fill their stadium despite their world-class manager and squad and their fantastic football.

Having said that, just to play devil's advocate, I'm sure success breeds a certain state of mind among some fans where they think they should be beating everyone and they should be winning everything and maybe if we had experienced their levels of success, some of our fans would be the same.

The irony, of course, is that that is what we're already accused of by some ****wits. :zzz:

Ragatino
30-05-2019, 09:26 AM
They have no idea, do they? XD

Mind, Man City fans do because of their more recent (relatively so) struggles but they can't even fill their stadium despite their world-class manager and squad and their fantastic football.

Having said that, just to play devil's advocate, I'm sure success breeds a certain state of mind among some fans where they think they should be beating everyone and they should be winning everything and maybe if we had experienced their levels of success, some of our fans would be the same.

The irony, of course, is that that is what we're already accused of by some ****wits. :zzz:

Yes indeed Zipatronic there comes a certain expectancy with so much success. Man U fans had it for the most part now it's nice to see them becoming city fans whilst city fans have become arrogant.

However that Man City team SHOULD beat everyone all the time it's insane however that is magic of football anyone can be beat a giant on their day.

Hereford anyone :D

ex_pat_magpie
30-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Yes indeed Zipatronic there comes a certain expectancy with so much success. Man U fans had it for the most part now it's nice to see them becoming city fans whilst city fans have become arrogant.

However that Man City team SHOULD beat everyone all the time it's insane however that is magic of football anyone can be beat a giant on their day.

Hereford anyone :D

Regarding Manure fans, I noticed towards the end of last season their vast contingent of London fans had dwindled and the trains leaving the capitol on match days were remarkably emptier than usual.

It always used to be said that in Manchester itself there were always many more Citeh fans than Manure fans, even in the days when Citeh were at their worst, and looking at the hoards coming from London to cheer on their "locals" I could believe that.

Xamand
30-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Regarding Manure fans, I noticed towards the end of last season their vast contingent of London fans had dwindled and the trains leaving the capitol on match days were remarkably emptier than usual.

It always used to be said that in Manchester itself there were always many more Citeh fans than Manure fans, even in the days when Citeh were at their worst, and looking at the hoards coming from London to cheer on their "locals" I could believe that.

Having lived in Manchester for over 25 years now it has always been my impression that City outnumbered Manure. Though this is partly due to me being in the southern half of Manchester.

I do always remember driving up from London on FA Cup semi final day, the year Manure beat Arsenal with the famous Giggs goal. The game was at Villa Park, and I remember the M6 northbound being choka with a fairly even mix of Arsenal and Manure fans driving up from London (identifiable by the scarves flying etc. out the windows). After passing the M5 turnoff which takes you to Villa Park, I looked over at the southbound carriageway, and noticed that it was pretty much empty.