leeh769
30-05-2019, 09:15 PM
South Africans are gone

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
30-05-2019, 09:16 PM
There were non to start with !

Bohinen
30-05-2019, 09:17 PM
It would be no surprise, I wouldn't rely on that arsehole to fetch me a loaf of sliced bread from the shops. But I think your statement needs a bit more supporting evidence.

leeh769
30-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Yes, they were, but no intention to go through with deal

leeh769
30-05-2019, 09:20 PM
As opposed to the deal going through? There’s the proof!

Bohinen
30-05-2019, 09:22 PM
As opposed to the deal going through? There’s the proof!

I was looking for some actual evidence the deal won't go through, rather than just it hasn't, which is pretty obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hardy will cock it up, but we need evidence they have walked.

leeh769
30-05-2019, 09:24 PM
How can I provide evidence for something that was never factual?

jackal2
30-05-2019, 09:29 PM
How can I provide evidence for something that was never factual?

Without believing or disbelieving you, on what are you basing this information?

placidpie
30-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Are you saying that there were some SAs pretending to be involved but now they are not? How do you know?

legs77
30-05-2019, 09:32 PM
it’s ok Ray might be able to get that Danish bloke back into the frame !

Dunce
30-05-2019, 09:35 PM
Without believing or disbelieving you, on what are you basing this information?

8 pints if Stella and some scratchings.

jackal2
30-05-2019, 09:37 PM
8 pints if Stella and some scratchings.

More reliable than the usual sources then! XD

Chicken Balti Pie
30-05-2019, 09:45 PM
South Africans are gone

Sorry, but where has this information come from? Or are you having a hissy fit? They flew into London and have hired a rather expensive sports law firm to handle things, I can't see them pulling out after a price has been agreed and the finishing line is in sight

mark45
30-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Deal was 99% done a week ago then "hardy smallcock" got greedy so they have now told him to ***of

Big Bob
30-05-2019, 10:01 PM
South Africans are gone
How do you know?

Chicken Balti Pie
30-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Deal was 99% done a week ago then "hardy smallcock" got greedy so they have now told him to ***of

They've agreed a price, if he's reneged on that, we're screwed. I really hope he loses everything

GranthamPie
30-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Sick of this bullox now.

Big Bob
30-05-2019, 11:03 PM
Sick of this bullox now.

Ditto

queenslandpie
30-05-2019, 11:35 PM
Ditto

My F5 key resembles a copy of razzle in a 5th form classroom

slack_pie
31-05-2019, 03:48 AM
Sick of this bullox now.

Me too. When the deal was nearly done last week, I started to get a little bit optimistic. But in classic Notts style, the whole thing has just turned into a massive pain in the arse, to the point where I just can't be bothered any more. It's getting to the point where next season is going to be a struggle whether we're bought or not, simply because the deal has taken so long to go through and we're behind on prep and recruitment.

Two bids back in Feb. Club to be sold imminently.
Two prices agreed months ago, one for L2 and another for the NL - 'it's with the lawyers now'
7-10 days to complete, almost a month ago.
Negotiations late into the night, and a price yet again agreed a week ago
It's wit the lawyers again now

For ****s sake, can't someone tell us what's actually going on? Hardy, if you are going to screw it up, just get the **** on with it.

TSANHO
31-05-2019, 04:38 AM
South Africans are gone

Clearly a wind up, not even an imaginative one either 💤

Simon the Pieman
31-05-2019, 05:41 AM
Pure speculation with no objective evidence provided. But if the deal does go flat there's only one person to blame. Hardy didn't " save the club", as many have stated, he just extended it's life, sadly. On business in Nottingham recently I met an ex employee of Hardy's. Management level. He had to leave because he couldn't work with him. I wasn't surprised at some of his revelations. Utter fruitcake , the worst thing that has ever happened to our beloved club. Can't imagine the backlash against him if we do enter administration.

LaxtonLad
31-05-2019, 06:07 AM
It's a wind-up. Trying to tell us absence of evidence is evidence of absense. A statement from nowhere, "South Africans are gone" and then saying it must be true because he doesn't know anything.

Chicken Balti Pie
31-05-2019, 06:13 AM
I'd have thought they'd release a statement today if this is true? Also, all of the seemingly in the know people haven't a clue about this so I'm going to call it a very bad troll

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
31-05-2019, 06:44 AM
My prediction now is that hardy releases official statement saying non of the potential buyers were suitable and that he will be paying the £200k at the court hearing from his personal savings, this will be done with tv appearances, local radio interviews etc, then will sit back and take the adulation from his adoring fans, the rest of us disillusioned ones will be sold will big plans to get back into the football league at the first attempt, over to you big al !

countygump
31-05-2019, 07:06 AM
Me too. When the deal was nearly done last week, I started to get a little bit optimistic. But in classic Notts style, the whole thing has just turned into a massive pain in the arse, to the point where I just can't be bothered any more. It's getting to the point where next season is going to be a struggle whether we're bought or not, simply because the deal has taken so long to go through and we're behind on prep and recruitment.

Two bids back in Feb. Club to be sold imminently.
Two prices agreed months ago, one for L2 and another for the NL - 'it's with the lawyers now'
7-10 days to complete, almost a month ago.
Negotiations late into the night, and a price yet again agreed a week ago
It's wit the lawyers again now

For ****s sake, can't someone tell us what's actually going on? Hardy, if you are going to screw it up, just get the **** on with it.

I have to agree Slack. The whole sorry saga just wears you down. It's like being caught in a continual time loop. Notts County's takeover and Brexit, will either ever end???

TSANHO
31-05-2019, 07:31 AM
My prediction now is that hardy releases official statement saying non of the potential buyers were suitable and that he will be paying the £200k at the court hearing from his personal savings, this will be done with tv appearances, local radio interviews etc, then will sit back and take the adulation from his adoring fans, the rest of us disillusioned ones will be sold will big plans to get back into the football league at the first attempt, over to you big al !

That sounds too true to be funny 😬

nw6pie
31-05-2019, 07:33 AM
I have to agree Slack. The whole sorry saga just wears you down. It's like being caught in a continual time loop. Notts County's takeover and Brexit, will either ever end???

Well, both could end with “no deal”.

I just want to support a well-run, community-based club in which the players give 100% and the fans get behind them every week. Why does that always seem so impossible at Notts?

slack_pie
31-05-2019, 08:02 AM

I just want to support a well-run, community-based club in which the players give 100% and the fans get behind them every week. Why does that always seem so impossible at Notts?

It's highly likely that both will end in tears.

And yeah, what you said is so true. I don't give a toss about '5-year plans to the Championship' anymore. My days of hoping Notts one day return to the top two divisions are long gone now.

I just want to support a club that isn't a complete embarrassment on and off the pitch, with players who are fit, hungry, and willing to give it 100% every time they pull on the shirt - the type of players that us fans can get behind whether we win, lose, or draw.

It would be just be nice to be competitive on the pitch and well-run off it. I honestly don't care anymore whether that's in the NL, L2, L1 or wherever. Why have we not managed these things at all for pretty much two decades? It's beyond belief.

MagpieMike
31-05-2019, 08:02 AM

I’m as desperate for news as anyone else. The OP is clearly a wind up, unable to give any supporting evidence. Everyone seems to assume that Hardy is causing problems, maybe it’s the other side? Could it be that the SAs are just doing everything properly, and that is taking time? Of course I don’t know anymore than anyone else, but let’s hope they are doing everything well, and hit the ground running to improve things at Meadow Lane.

navypie
31-05-2019, 08:04 AM
South Africans are gone

Slightly premature, they do have another 8 games.

Bohinen
31-05-2019, 09:05 AM

The trouble with that is there really will be some adoring fans who will suck it up. 2+2 will never equal 4 to these people if someone in authority says it's not true.

leeh769
31-05-2019, 07:11 PM
South Africans been playing the game, Hardy will carry us on. No intention to leave, bring it down to affordable running (relegation) , then build as the messiah FACT

Chicken Balti Pie
31-05-2019, 07:51 PM
South Africans been playing the game, Hardy will carry us on. No intention to leave, bring it down to affordable running (relegation) , then build as the messiah FACT

Someone has started drinking early for a Friday...

iamITK
31-05-2019, 08:24 PM
South Africans are gone

Absolute horse poo. Things are still moving forward with the South African group. Maybe a little slower than we would all like.
Next week will be huge.
Plans are in place for HMRC as part of the take over deal.
Expect the court hearing to be adjourned until the takeover period is completed and the takeover to be done no later than 10th June.

Please stop making up stuff.

navypie
31-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Someone has started drinking early for a Friday...

You seem to be the expert regarding the proposed takeover. After reading endless posts from you, this Notts County fan thinks you know about as much as me.

Chicken Balti Pie
31-05-2019, 08:28 PM
You seem to be the expert regarding the proposed takeover. After reading endless posts from you, this Notts County fan thinks you know about as much as me.

I know bugger all about it, I'm just capable of logical and critical thinking and know enough about business to be able to make a decent enough assumptions

navypie
31-05-2019, 08:41 PM
I know bugger all about it, I'm just capable of logical and critical thinking and know enough about business to be able to make a decent enough assumptions

"bugger all " and " assumptions" strike me.

Chicken Balti Pie
31-05-2019, 09:23 PM
"bugger all " and " assumptions" strike me.

Is it your bed time navy? I'm not going to engage you when you're itching for a fight, you evidently have issues

Bohinen
31-05-2019, 09:26 PM
Is it your bed time navy? I'm not going to engage you when you're itching for a fight, you evidently have issues

As evidenced by the incomprehensible political thread just posted.

navypie
31-05-2019, 09:39 PM

I have issues with you because, like me, have don't have a clue

McCullochisGod
01-06-2019, 12:55 AM

Simple really. Because it has been run by idiots for many years!

leeh769
04-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Still think I’m wrong?

McCullochisGod
05-06-2019, 03:10 AM
Still think I’m wrong?

I never doubted you. I'm still not convinced there are or were buyers, South African or otherwise. To me it's just the same old rubbish being spouted again.

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 04:39 AM
I never doubted you. I'm still not convinced there are or were buyers, South African or otherwise. To me it's just the same old rubbish being spouted again.

I'm convinced there are people interested in buying the club, and that the SA group are involved in a bit, but I am starting to doubt whether it will happen. The lack of information coupled with the endless delays suggest there's more going on behind the scenes than we realise.

At this rate, I imagine we'll start on a points deduction in the NL next season - if we're lucky.

jonnyt1
05-06-2019, 05:19 AM
National League?

I think you should lower your hopes!

McCullochisGod
05-06-2019, 05:19 AM
I'm convinced there are people interested in buying the club, and that the SA group are involved in a bit, but I am starting to doubt whether it will happen. The lack of information coupled with the endless delays suggest there's more going on behind the scenes than we realise.

At this rate, I imagine we'll start on a points deduction in the NL next season - if we're lucky.

You can only hide the truth for so long. Eventually it will come back to bite you.

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 05:56 AM
You can only hide the truth for so long. Eventually it will come back to bite you.

But what is the truth?

Woodsetts_Pie
05-06-2019, 06:25 AM
But what is the truth?

The truth is out there somewhere

McCullochisGod
05-06-2019, 06:34 AM
But what is the truth?

I would hazard a guess it's not what we are being told but like I said if he's bull ****ting yet again this could end up bad.

jonnyt1
05-06-2019, 06:39 AM
More project fear. We all know no deal will be fine and we save £39 billion.

sidders
05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
More project fear. We all know no deal will be fine and we save £39 billion.

And you KNOW this how?

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 11:13 AM
there's more going on behind the scenes than we realise.

You may be surprised by quite how much.

Woodsetts_Pie
05-06-2019, 01:07 PM

The problem though Swale is that as this drags on, and every timescale statement or claim comes and goes, the paying public - us fans, are becoming more and more disgruntled with the club. There is a difference between a diplomatic silence for reasons of the sale, and a total blackout.

iamITK
05-06-2019, 01:51 PM
What would you like the club to say exactly?

downunderpie
05-06-2019, 02:03 PM
How about the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.😀

McCullochisGod
05-06-2019, 02:28 PM
How about the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.��

Optimistic aren't we?

Chicken Balti Pie
05-06-2019, 02:30 PM

Id like honesty. A while back, Alan Hardy put a statement out on the official website saying he was going to pick a group to proceed with the sale of the club. Today, we find out in court that he hasn't picked one group and is still negotiating with two groups.

Just be honest, that's what we want and need.

Notsohumblepie
05-06-2019, 02:35 PM

Nothing would be preferable to a number of unrealistic completion dates . Mr. Hardy has painted the club into a corner, the supporters haven't.

OP67
05-06-2019, 02:57 PM
We all know it'll be sold to the Smurf at the last possible minute!!

iamITK
05-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Id like honesty. A while back, Alan Hardy put a statement out on the official website saying he was going to pick a group to proceed with the sale of the club. Today, we find out in court that he hasn't picked one group and is still negotiating with two groups.

Just be honest, that's what we want and need.

So you havent quite signed the deal with your first option, you would be stupid to bin off the second option at that point.
Thats not rocket science.
The SA group is number and in exclusivity, as reported by the Post, but hes got another option just in case.

As for timeline, its not not like hes selling a car

iamITK
05-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Nothing would be preferable to a number of unrealistic completion dates . Mr. Hardy has painted the club into a corner, the supporters haven't.

So some say "say nothing", some are begging for info? How do they club get it right.
There is enough info out there to know whats going on, without breaking confidentiality and NDA's
The SA group are back in town, Terry P is in hospital but says things are still progressing, as do their lawyers.
What more can be said until its done....unless you ont want anyone to say anything at all.

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 05:02 PM

Positive things? Negative things?

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 05:18 PM
Positive things? Negative things?

Surprisingly positive if it all comes to pass. Let's just keep our powder dry and hope it does.

Chicken Balti Pie
05-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Surprisingly positive if it all comes to pass. Let's just keep our powder dry and hope it does.

Any chance of cheering us all up? 😂

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 07:10 PM

I suspected as much, having read between the lines. But that 'if' is a big one.

matt_magpie
05-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Hopefully this puts to bed the pessimists saying there aren’t actually any interested parties.

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 07:57 PM
I suspected as much, having read between the lines. But that 'if' is a big one.

It certainly feels it at the moment doesn't it?

LaxtonLad
06-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Any chance of cheering us all up? ��

President Fart's gone and it looks like being sunny a week on Sunday.

leeh769
06-06-2019, 06:46 PM
South Africans are returning to England 🤥I’m returning to Ingoldmells but doesn’t mean I’m buying Fantasy Island NO DEAL

ForeignLegion
06-06-2019, 07:20 PM
You're boring us all with your negative dribble. You, like 99% of us, know eff all.

leeh769
06-06-2019, 07:25 PM
But you know 99% less then I know, so shut it !

ForeignLegion
06-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Come on then big gob...spill the beans.

leeh769
06-06-2019, 08:33 PM
With a CDA in place? Ok mate I’ll tell you everything!

ForeignLegion
06-06-2019, 09:54 PM
You can email me in confidence.

Chicken Balti Pie
06-06-2019, 10:04 PM
You're on a message board with an anonymous user name and you're hiding behind an NDA? Or rather you know nithing. If the south African group do take over, will be interesting to see if you post again

Bohinen
06-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Hopefully this puts to bed the pessimists saying there aren’t actually any interested parties.

I don't think anyone said that.

Bohinen
06-06-2019, 10:10 PM

Very comforting, but I seem to you remember you telling us a deal was done a couple of few weeks ago. Please, would anyone not actually party to all the details just keep quiet until everything becomes clear.

matt_magpie
06-06-2019, 10:48 PM
I don't think anyone said that.

Deffo seen if not on here then Twitter some saying Hardy’s making them up or they av walked, then again probably not pessimists and more like the usual abusive idiots you get on there. Personally I think the South Africans are leaving no stone unturned and he’s being driven down on some bits and it’s just taking longer than anticipated.

Killerkline
06-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Deffo seen if not on here then Twitter some saying Hardy’s making them up or they av walked, then again probably not pessimists and more like the usual abusive idiots you get on there. Personally I think the South Africans are leaving no stone unturned and he’s being driven down on some bits and it’s just taking longer than anticipated.

It was definitely on here.

queenslandpie
06-06-2019, 11:43 PM
Very comforting, but I seem to you remember you telling us a deal was done a couple of few weeks ago. Please, would anyone not actually party to all the details just keep quiet until everything becomes clear.

He didnt tell anyone a deal was done you just read that into it. He said it was close and it clearly is close. If you dont want to listen to rumours which often are not accurate then dont go on a message board!

SwalePie
07-06-2019, 12:25 AM

I don't remember saying that but hey ho, I guess I must have jumped the gun if so. The last thing we want is for those people who know nothing to know anything until they're allowed to know everything eh? Probably wise.

McCullochisGod
07-06-2019, 06:45 AM
It was definitely on here.

I'm failing to see why it's taking so long to complete. There's not a great deal to buy. No ground, no training ground no assets. Only debt which they will either pay off or ask Hardy to settle. The £6m quoted as the asking price is a joke, what are you actually buying for that? There's always some other piece of due diligence to be done which has been going on for too long. I just hope Hardy isn't prolonging a very slow death.

Chicken Balti Pie
07-06-2019, 07:05 AM
I'm failing to see why it's taking so long to complete. There's not a great deal to buy. No ground, no training ground no assets. Only debt which they will either pay off or ask Hardy to settle. The £6m quoted as the asking price is a joke, what are you actually buying for that? There's always some other piece of due diligence to be done which has been going on for too long. I just hope Hardy isn't prolonging a very slow death.

The £6m is paying the debt. We owe about £1.4m to paragon interiors and £4.5m to paragon leisure, that kind of equates to £6m... Hardy won't see a penny but I suspect he's trying to get more so he will. The new owners will also have to pay HMRC and other creditors on top of that. They seem happy to pay the debts it seems but Leigh Curtis has said that they want Hardy on the hook for any debts they find in the future that relates to before the takeover. It's complicated and to be fair, the group seem to be doing everything by the book, hopefully we can have decent owners if this is anything to go by

Killerkline
07-06-2019, 07:06 AM

Your question and points raised are valid.

If you were dealing with Hardy, you’d ensure there were no skeletons in the closet - this would take time.

As for the £6m figure. The purchase of NCFC could be part of a much bigger plan. Which Hardy is aware of, therefore pushing for the best price. This is clearly dangerous for NCFC, but also very dangerous for Hardy.

I’m pleased that the deal hasn’t been rushed through and the negotiations aren’t public like Hardy’s takeover.

One way or another, all will be revealed soon.

LaxtonLad
07-06-2019, 07:43 AM
People making stuff up about Hardy making stuff up; one sentence posts from illiterates; posters "in the know" or have a friend of a friend who works at Meadow Lane or did work at Paragon but who daren't say any more; no deal and never was; I heard a rumour...; no buyers in the first place; there were buyers but they have backed out; HMRC will not tolerate any timewasting; no proof of funds; all the best players will have gone; points deduction before season starts; relegation again next season; ground to be sold to land developers - have I missed anything?

Well, have a nice weekend.

Oldstripy
07-06-2019, 08:15 AM
People making stuff up about Hardy making stuff up; one sentence posts from illiterates; posters "in the know" or have a friend of a friend who works at Meadow Lane or did work at Paragon but who daren't say any more; no deal and never was; I heard a rumour...; no buyers in the first place; there were buyers but they have backed out; HMRC will not tolerate any timewasting; no proof of funds; all the best players will have gone; points deduction before season starts; relegation again next season; ground to be sold to land developers - have I missed anything?

I would say the above covers it. :o

queenslandpie
07-06-2019, 09:09 AM

You have! That this is basically a rumours board. And rumours abound!

ForeignLegion
07-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Only a Sunshine Coast feral would start a sentence with "And."

queenslandpie
07-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Only a Sunshine Coast feral would start a sentence with "And."

And only a Cairns bogan would drink Bundy!

slack_pie
07-06-2019, 11:52 AM
People making stuff up about Hardy making stuff up; one sentence posts from illiterates; posters "in the know" or have a friend of a friend who works at Meadow Lane or did work at Paragon but who daren't say any more; no deal and never was; I heard a rumour...; no buyers in the first place; there were buyers but they have backed out; HMRC will not tolerate any timewasting; no proof of funds; all the best players will have gone; points deduction before season starts; relegation again next season; ground to be sold to land developers.

Is that the headline for Scoop's next EEEEVNIN POH! article?

slack_pie
07-06-2019, 11:53 AM
And only a Cairns bogan would drink Bundy!

Calm down colonial pies.

leeh769
08-06-2019, 08:32 AM
No need now, all there to see in the papers, unfortunately

nw6pie
08-06-2019, 01:31 PM
No need now, all there to see in the papers, unfortunately

But the May bid was never the front runner. After these revelations (which shouldn’t come as a surprise given other rumours about who else was allegedly involved in the second consortium), it now seems we have just two options: SA bid or admin.

Now I’m waiting to hear that Oscar Pistorius is involved in the SA bid - which really will leave us without a leg to stand on.

ncfcog
08-06-2019, 01:52 PM
But the May bid was never the front runner. After these revelations (which shouldn’t come as a surprise given other rumours about who else was allegedly involved in the second consortium), it now seems we have just two options: SA bid or admin.

Now I’m waiting to hear that Oscar Pistorius is involved in the SA bid - which really will leave us without a leg to stand on.

we would be well and truly stumped!

McCullochisGod
08-06-2019, 01:55 PM
The £6m is paying the debt. We owe about £1.4m to paragon interiors and £4.5m to paragon leisure, that kind of equates to £6m... Hardy won't see a penny but I suspect he's trying to get more so he will. The new owners will also have to pay HMRC and other creditors on top of that. They seem happy to pay the debts it seems but Leigh Curtis has said that they want Hardy on the hook for any debts they find in the future that relates to before the takeover. It's complicated and to be fair, the group seem to be doing everything by the book, hopefully we can have decent owners if this is anything to go by

Ah. So Hardy is expecting the so called SA's to pay off the money he spunked up the wall? All the best with that one.

iamITK
09-06-2019, 12:47 AM
Ah. So Hardy is expecting the so called SA's to pay off the money he spunked up the wall? All the best with that one.

Are you being intentionally negative?

The deal of £6m is agreed to buy the club, on the proviso that all debts are revealed and then signed over to Hardys responsibility, putting Notts back to £0 on the books. Any further debt discovered after the sale is also on Hardy if he ran it up. Thats the deal. What Hardy does with his £6m is up to him, you'd assume he pays off all those debts or puts his own businesses in admin/bankruptcy, which will hurt Hardy and not the football club. The club would be the healthiest it has been for years, on the books anyway.

The deal will also see the SA get the lease, that's been done, and redevelopment ML, Cattlemarket (needs it) London Road, etc etc. No doubt that's their real intention. They will most likely move Notts to a new stadium (Riverside the suggested location as they may be looking to redevelop that area too.)

Ask yourself, is £6m to get rid of all the debt and responsibility of those debts, a lot to pay out for the gain in the long run....no.
Hardy holds all the debt repayment responsibility, they get a blank balance sheet, a prime bit of land or two, and will make a killing.
Can Hardy afford to turn down £6m....no.

The deal IS AGREED, the final bit from Hardy to deliver the full list of debt disclosure was done last Friday, that has all be made legal and papers prepared for the debt to transfer to him after the takeover.

The group are in UK tomorrow to try to get it all signed and done. Its all agreed, the final deliverables, i understand, have since been completed.

The May revelations proves how dodgy Hardy may be. If he didnt know, thats a mess, but if he did its ten times worse. Either way, the club cannot continue to deal with that group, certainly whilst he is involved. Thats not an issue though as they were very much second choice. Maybe someone in the SA group has dropped the bomb intentionally to push it over the line this week. Timing is spot on.

Simple equation now. Hardy needs to sign over to the SA group and move a long way away from Meadow Lane

McCullochisGod
09-06-2019, 12:58 AM
Are you being intentionally negative?

The deal of £6m is agreed to buy the club, on the proviso that all debts are revealed and then signed over to Hardys responsibility, putting Notts back to £0 on the books. Any further debt discovered after the sale is also on Hardy if he ran it up. Thats the deal. What Hardy does with his £6m is up to him, you'd assume he pays off all those debts or puts his own businesses in admin/bankruptcy, which will hurt Hardy and not the football club. The club would be the healthiest it has been for years, on the books anyway.

The deal will also see the SA get the lease, that's been done, and redevelopment ML, Cattlemarket (needs it) London Road, etc etc. No doubt that's their real intention. They will most likely move Notts to a new stadium (Riverside the suggested location as they may be looking to redevelop that area too.)

Ask yourself, is £6m to get rid of all the debt and responsibility of those debts, a lot to pay out for the gain in the long run....no.
Hardy holds all the debt repayment responsibility, they get a blank balance sheet, a prime bit of land or two, and will make a killing.
Can Hardy afford to turn down £6m....no.

The deal IS AGREED, the final bit from Hardy to deliver the full list of debt disclosure was done last Friday, that has all be made legal and papers prepared for the debt to transfer to him after the takeover.

The group are in UK tomorrow to try to get it all signed and done. Its all agreed, the final deliverables, i understand, have since been completed.

The May revelations proves how dodgy Hardy may be. If he didnt know, thats a mess, but if he did its ten times worse. Either way, the club cannot continue to deal with that group, certainly whilst he is involved. Thats not an issue though as they were very much second choice. Maybe someone in the SA group has dropped the bomb intentionally to push it over the line this week. Timing is spot on.

Simple equation now. Hardy needs to sign over to the SA group and move a long way away from Meadow Lane

They will not get the land it is owned by the council and lease will not be negotiated with Hardy it is in the Haydn Green estate name. Do you know for sure they will sign it over as they might want their £3m back. The object of due diligence is for lawyers/advisors to ascertain the debt which they have had enough time to do by now. Do you honestly think the council will give up the land for that amount.

McCullochisGod
09-06-2019, 12:59 AM
They will not get the land it is owned by the council and lease will not be negotiated with Hardy it is in the Haydn Green estate name. Do you know for sure they will sign it over as they might want their £3m back. The object of due diligence is for lawyers/advisors to ascertain the debt which they have had enough time to do by now. Do you honestly think the council will give up the land for that amount.

By the way, are you Hardy's irate daughter by any chance?

iamITK
09-06-2019, 01:03 AM
You have questioned my info on stuff I've not actually said?

I am sure they can buy land from the council, for an agreed price.
The lease can also be bought from the HG Estate too, no reason that cant have happened (I understand it has). Maybe they gave them £3m for it?

They do know the level of debt, but lets just say, its complicated between all the different parent companies and shell companies, shares etc etc etc who is owed what, thats what the delay was.Thats what the DD was for and it took a while as things kept cropping up.
Did you not read that the final list was handed to them last Friday?

As for the council not selling the land for that amount......what amount? I've not mentioned any figure paid to the council for the land?

iamITK
09-06-2019, 01:09 AM
By the way, are you Hardy's irate daughter by any chance?

just double checked, thats a negative.

optipez
09-06-2019, 01:12 AM
How does buying Notts for £6 million get you the deeds to the ground,( council own it) the cattle market and any other bits of land around London Road to develop? Any consortium would still have to get planning permission even if they owned the land and £6 million in prime development terms isn't very much at all, basically ten houses at West Bridgford prices.
There are quite a few decent sized vacant plots around that area which would be way less hassle and bad publicity to buy if you just wanted to build.
Genuine question as I thought Notts was effectively an asset free entity and that any buyers were effectively just buying a debt with the words Notts County attached to it as Hardy did from Trew with the rights to play the club in the league.

iamITK
09-06-2019, 01:17 AM
It doesnt, you can assume that would be additional amounts paid to the council for those bits of land.

Notts dont have any assets, but the land (council) and lease (HGE) are assets the club are basically stopping being used for someone. Buying the club, moving it, free ups all of that area for development.

Simon the Pieman
09-06-2019, 05:29 AM
"Simple equation now. Hardy needs to sign over to the SA group and move a long way away from Meadow Lan

Yep...a very long way, away.

optipez
09-06-2019, 07:50 AM
It doesnt, you can assume that would be additional amounts paid to the council for those bits of land.

Notts dont have any assets, but the land (council) and lease (HGE) are assets the club are basically stopping being used for someone. Buying the club, moving it, free ups all of that area for development.

So the consortium having spent £6 million then have to spend another £10 million? on another plot of land and a stadium rebuild up front as we have to play somewhere while that is happening. I don't disbelieve you, I've no idea about land development but it just seems a huge amount of hassle and up front investment just to build on Meadow Lane.

theory_extinct
09-06-2019, 08:08 AM
So the consortium having spent £6 million then have to spend another £10 million? on another plot of land and a stadium rebuild up front as we have to play somewhere while that is happening. I don't disbelieve you, I've no idea about land development but it just seems a huge amount of hassle and up front investment just to build on Meadow Lane.

More plausible that they want to bring everything in house - no external ownership. Which would give the club some actual assets and make things easier for any future development/expansion or generally adding value to the club. It could all be about control.

Chicken Balti Pie
09-06-2019, 08:10 AM

This is purely speculation on my part but here is how I personally see it. The council want that area redeveloping. Is it not beyond the bounds of possibility that the council gifts the land over to the SA consortium to develop? The council make their money from the taxes as more people will be around there after redevelopment? The SA consortium make a lot of money from developing the land plus they get a historical brand and football club to boot. For say £10-15 million initial outlay (£6m for the club £4-10m new stadium) they are potentially in line for hundreds of millions in profits (maybe even billions with property prices as they are). Imagine they make half a billion from redevelopment, if even 10% of that profit moves into Notts, it should see us safely in the championship!

This scenario is a win - win - win. SA group get massive profit, Notts get a new stadium and investment to get up the league, Council get more taxes from what is currently a quite sparsely populated area

leeh769
09-06-2019, 08:26 AM
If only the SA’s would sign hey 🤷*♂️

countygump
09-06-2019, 08:38 AM
This is purely speculation on my part but here is how I personally see it. The council want that area redeveloping. Is it not beyond the bounds of possibility that the council gifts the land over to the SA consortium to develop? The council make their money from the taxes as more people will be around there after redevelopment? The SA consortium make a lot of money from developing the land plus they get a historical brand and football club to boot. For say £10-15 million initial outlay (£6m for the club £4-10m new stadium) they are potentially in line for hundreds of millions in profits (maybe even billions with property prices as they are). Imagine they make half a billion from redevelopment, if even 10% of that profit moves into Notts, it should see us safely in the championship!

This scenario is a win - win - win. SA group get massive profit, Notts get a new stadium and investment to get up the league, Council get more taxes from what is currently a quite sparsely populated area

I imagined our relationship with the S/A's, if it happens, to be something along the lines you describe. As I've said before, better that your owner makes money locally and puts some into a local footy club, than some poor sucker putting his hand in his pocket every fart stitch and ending up skint and pished off. A far more professional relationship, IMHAHO.

Oldstripy
09-06-2019, 08:39 AM

I think you have it right I was talking to a friend about the land either side of the stadium, as you say with the right development it would be very profitable and if Notts are a big beneficiary would be great.

Lullapie
09-06-2019, 08:43 AM

The only worry is that the 'Consortium' are not just buying Notts so that they can move them somewhere else. If as ITK says, Notts are a small part in a bigger plan, once control is signed over, then it could be goodnight Vienna. They might not care less what division we are in - I hope ITK is in the know and I am wrong.

BanjoPie
09-06-2019, 08:53 AM
The only worry is that the 'Consortium' are not just buying Notts so that they can move them somewhere else. If as ITK says, Notts are a small part in a bigger plan, once control is signed over, then it could be goodnight Vienna. They might not care less what division we are in - I hope ITK is in the know and I am wrong.

I doubt they will move us to Vienna

Chicken Balti Pie
09-06-2019, 08:55 AM

I would imagine there are caveats. Also as has been alluded to. I think the relationship will be something we've not seen before. I would imagine the big money is interested in the land development opportunities, I imagine there are a couple on the board (who perhaps don't have the full funding) who want to buy a football club and enticed the big money in with the idea of the development if that makes sense?

ncfcog
09-06-2019, 09:22 AM
There are investors involved who as of yet we know nothing other than there is a meeting this week with them. Investors would have no interest in funding a flailing football club, I think that tells us everything we need to know.

Oldstripy
09-06-2019, 09:40 AM
There are investors involved who as of yet we know nothing other than there is a meeting this week with them. Investors would have no interest in funding a flailing football club, I think that tells us everything we need to know.

So you think they want to buy the club and then liquidate it.

iamITK
09-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Give this man a pie

iamITK
09-06-2019, 09:50 AM

Christ! No!

bridpie78
09-06-2019, 09:53 AM

if i were a property developer with no ties to Notts County FC and i wanted the lane to build on, i'd buy the club dish out the right brown envelopes to the right people, let it run itself into the ground and not invest in the club, downsize and move them from their home as the club dwindles and then use the land to build the big project i had planned originally once they'd moved. it'd be unpopular and expensive to begin with but the return would be much greater in the long run.
Either that or burn the place down,claim on the insurance and then move notts to a little field somewhere out of the way and get on with my main business of developing property.

SwalePie
09-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Missing Cat: When I went to bed last night my cat was securely in a bag. Has anyone seen it this morning as it appears to have got out while I was sleeping ;)

ncfcog
09-06-2019, 10:20 AM

I hope not but the club itself may not be the driving factor for the investors. Let’s be right if you only wanted the club you would be circling with the other vultures just waiting for admin to hit.

sidders
09-06-2019, 10:28 AM
I bet you the wild speculation on here is a lot more fun than the marine crash waiting for NCFC and all who sail in her.

iamITK
09-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Missing Cat: When I went to bed last night my cat was securely in a bag. Has anyone seen it this morning as it appears to have got out while I was sleeping ;)

I have a new cat today

Oh and anyone wanting to get permissions and permits, who have bought nots and then liquidated them, wouldnt get anything from the council!

Bohinen
09-06-2019, 10:35 AM
I bet you the wild speculation on here is a lot more fun than the marine crash waiting for NCFC and all who sail in her.

To Davy Jones' locker we must go,
Ee-aye, Ee-aye, Ee-aye-oh

Oldstripy
09-06-2019, 10:42 AM

With the situation at the moment whats better Sid, to have some lighthearted speculation or to be depressed and have no hope.

sidders
09-06-2019, 01:32 PM
With the situation at the moment whats better Sid, to have some lighthearted speculation or to be depressed and have no hope.

Couldn't agree more. I think that's what my metaphor implied.

LaxtonLad
09-06-2019, 01:59 PM

It tells us bugger-all. You do not have the remotest idea of what the investors would have no interest in, all you do know is that you know nothing of these investors.

McCullochisGod
09-06-2019, 02:15 PM
How does buying Notts for £6 million get you the deeds to the ground,( council own it) the cattle market and any other bits of land around London Road to develop? Any consortium would still have to get planning permission even if they owned the land and £6 million in prime development terms isn't very much at all, basically ten houses at West Bridgford prices.
There are quite a few decent sized vacant plots around that area which would be way less hassle and bad publicity to buy if you just wanted to build.
Genuine question as I thought Notts was effectively an asset free entity and that any buyers were effectively just buying a debt with the words Notts County attached to it as Hardy did from Trew with the rights to play the club in the league.

You are closer to the facts than most IMO. Parent companies and shell companies, share holders etc. What a load of tosh.

McCullochisGod
09-06-2019, 02:18 PM

How are the club stopping the council and HGE who own the assets being used? I think you are talking out of your...

ncfcog
09-06-2019, 02:24 PM
It tells us bugger-all. You do not have the remotest idea of what the investors would have no interest in, all you do know is that you know nothing of these investors.

Of course, you are right, I don’t know what they have no interest in but it’s not rocket science is it? Clubs in the lower leagues, never mind non league do not make money. If you had £6m to invest would you honestly believe you would get a return on a club in non league with no assets? I know I wouldn’t.

LaxtonLad
09-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Of course, you are right, I don’t know what they have no interest in but it’s not rocket science is it? Clubs in the lower leagues, never mind non league do not make money. If you had £6m to invest would you honestly believe you would get a return on a club in non league with no assets? I know I wouldn’t.

I know it's unlikely, but out there there could be someone with an interest in football and a challenge, to whom money is not exactly a problem. To such a one a club with a well known name (guess who!) but is in neglect, might just be attractive enough to take on. This risk-loving, moneybags, Santa Clause-type benefactor isn't looking to make a profit but also might not like to be taken for a ride, no matter how filthy-rich he is, hence the careful search for hidden debt.

SwalePie
09-06-2019, 03:53 PM
might not like to be taken for a ride, no matter how filthy-rich he is

He?

ncfcog
09-06-2019, 04:29 PM
I know it's unlikely, but out there there could be someone with an interest in football and a challenge, to whom money is not exactly a problem. To such a one a club with a well known name (guess who!) but is in neglect, might just be attractive enough to take on. This risk-loving, moneybags, Santa Clause-type benefactor isn't looking to make a profit but also might not like to be taken for a ride, no matter how filthy-rich he is, hence the careful search for hidden debt.

Yes, sometimes fairytales do happen but we are talking about a business consortium with financial investors not a knight in shining armour. I’m just hopeful they have a sustainable business plan for the club as well as any other ‘potential’ interests.

LaxtonLad
09-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Yes, sometimes fairytales do happen but we are talking about a business consortium with financial investors not a knight in shining armour. I’m just hopeful they have a sustainable business plan for the club as well as any other ‘potential’ interests.

Me too, ncfcog.

Oldstripy
09-06-2019, 05:46 PM
He?

Your such a tease Swale. ;D

Dunce
09-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Your such a tease Swale. ;D

Isnt he just. 😁

theory_extinct
09-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Isnt he just. 😁

He? >;)

iamITK
09-06-2019, 06:40 PM
How are the club stopping the council and HGE who own the assets being used? I think you are talking out of your...

Brooks report, terms of lease/sub lease say that, under the current ownership and terms, the land must be used for football/sport.

By virtue of that, the club are on the land currently, it cant be used for anything else.

That's the point I am making. As long as the club are there, and the terms of the land/lease are the same, the land cant be used. It may not be the club directly stopping it, but the club and the terms etc, are.

You appear to just like to argue.

SwalePie
09-06-2019, 07:21 PM
He? >;)

Brilliant :)

SwalePie
09-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Oh no he doesn't! ;)

iamITK
09-06-2019, 08:43 PM
You are closer to the facts than most IMO. Parent companies and shell companies, share holders etc. What a load of tosh.

Whats tosh now?

Paragon Leisure is the name of the parent company that owns Notts, and there are shares split between Hardys various companies in under various names. Loans between those companies etc

Do you not know or like facts? Or are you again arguing something you know nothing about, cos it doesn't fit your obvious agenda?

McCullochisGod
10-06-2019, 03:10 AM
Brooks report, terms of lease/sub lease say that, under the current ownership and terms, the land must be used for football/sport.

By virtue of that, the club are on the land currently, it cant be used for anything else.

That's the point I am making. As long as the club are there, and the terms of the land/lease are the same, the land cant be used. It may not be the club directly stopping it, but the club and the terms etc, are.

No. I'm just of reading bull....

McCullochisGod
10-06-2019, 03:12 AM
Whats tosh now?

Paragon Leisure is the name of the parent company that owns Notts, and there are shares split between Hardys various companies in under various names. Loans between those companies etc

Do you not know or like facts? Or are you again arguing something you know nothing about, cos it doesn't fit your obvious agenda?

How many companies are there then. Tell me have you seen the clubs books?

iamITK
10-06-2019, 12:57 PM
No. I'm just of reading bull....

still waiting for you to point the bull out

iamITK
10-06-2019, 01:03 PM
How many companies are there then. Tell me have you seen the clubs books?

You can see quite a lot of info on Companies House yes, although thats more a summary. Various debts/loans between Hardys companies, Paragon Leisure (Notts parent), golf club (also under Paragon Leisure), Paragon Interiors and a few others he owns are there.
How many, how its all set up....god knows.

There were also a few articles alluding to how complex the ownership was. Have I seen the books themselves, of course not.

Oldstripy
10-06-2019, 02:18 PM
On a slow news day.

A bit of useless information.

Origin Airline Arrival
Johannesburg (JNB) South African Airways 06:25 today, I wonder if the consortium members were aboard.

legs77
10-06-2019, 04:16 PM
On a slow news day.

A bit of useless information.

Origin Airline Arrival
Johannesburg (JNB) South African Airways 06:25 today, I wonder if the consortium members were aboard.

Maybe but we dont know if they live in SA ☺

countygump
10-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Maybe but we dont know if they live in SA ☺

Maybe, just maybe, it ain't gonna happen.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/national-league-increasingly-concerned-over-2963031

This line especially, jumped out at me.

'That is on top of being worried about the lack of conclusive progress over the deal.

Talks between the South African group and Notts owner Alan Hardy are understood to have continued over the weekend, but without a definitive breakthrough'.

nw6pie
10-06-2019, 04:42 PM
Maybe, just maybe, it ain't gonna happen.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/national-league-increasingly-concerned-over-2963031

This line especially, jumped out at me.

'That is on top of being worried about the lack of conclusive progress over the deal.

Talks between the South African group and Notts owner Alan Hardy are understood to have continued over the weekend, but without a definitive breakthrough'.

Maybe we need to start interviewing Hardy like this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48580770

lunaspie
10-06-2019, 05:39 PM
They should have told that reporter to bog off.

iamITK
10-06-2019, 05:48 PM

nothing of note in that article though?

SwalePie
10-06-2019, 05:49 PM
nothing of note in that article though?

I think Lunaspie means the Turkey/Iceland toilet brush incident ;)

SwalePie
10-06-2019, 05:52 PM

The interviewee was bristling with displeasure

lunaspie
10-06-2019, 06:03 PM
He was so taken aback he had to sit on a stool.

JoePass
10-06-2019, 06:23 PM
He was so taken aback he had to sit on a stool.

He must be returded then.

lunaspie
10-06-2019, 06:29 PM
He must be returded then.

That deserves a rim shot.

Big Bob
10-06-2019, 06:42 PM
It's going to end in tears. Been saying for ages. No doubt I'll be **** down for it but it's just my opinion. All seems so sinister

legs77
10-06-2019, 06:55 PM
It's going to end in tears. Been saying for ages. No doubt I'll be **** down for it but it's just my opinion. All seems so sinister

I'm thinking the same it just doesn't feel right I might have been harsh the other week I called both groups cowboys.

In saying that calling Alex May a cowboy is being very kind !

Oldstripy
10-06-2019, 06:57 PM
NP knows nothing, with NDA's there have been no leaks, so how can he say there has been no definitive breakthrough.

SwalePie
10-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Latest Tw@tter rumour is that Keith Haslam has 'registered interest' in buying Notts. Make of that what you will.....

optipez
10-06-2019, 08:12 PM
I know nothing about any of it but I suspect if it's true, the clause that makes Hardy liable for any future hidden debt is a massive sticking point. Hardy's skint and if the SA consortium drag him to court in the future with his companies gone and no limited liability to hide behind the costs and debt would fall entirely on his shoulders.
Hardy will want sold as seen and I can't blame him for that.

JoePass
10-06-2019, 08:14 PM
I know nothing about any of it but I suspect if it's true, the clause that makes Hardy liable for any future hidden debt is a massive sticking point. Hardy's skint and if the SA consortium drag him to court in the future with his companies gone and no limited liability to hide behind the costs and debt would fall entirely on his shoulders.

Take us over or go bust....I am getting past caring now, more important things in life.

Chicken Balti Pie
10-06-2019, 08:43 PM

Then it's in Hardy to make sure all debts are disclosed then. That is probably the hold up

McCullochisGod
11-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Then it's in Hardy to make sure all debts are disclosed then. That is probably the hold up

All crap. They have had enough time to do the due diligence.

TSANHO
11-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Latest Tw@tter rumour is that Keith Haslam has 'registered interest' in buying Notts. Make of that what you will.....

At least he is local, not anonymous, has a history in running a football club and isn't Alex May!

Chicken Balti Pie
11-06-2019, 09:00 AM
All crap. They have had enough time to do the due diligence.

Sure thing, but Hardy doesn't want to be on the hook, try reading and understanding what people say. If Hardy is on the hook, he's going to be making sure he goes through everything with a fine tooth comb as well

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
11-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Also rumours of Smurthwaite back on the scene with an improved offer !

marshall55
11-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Sick to the back teeth with it, shambles does not come close.

BigFatPie
11-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Ive heard Bhatia and Strang are in the frame.

Chicken Balti Pie
11-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Also rumours of Smurthwaite back on the scene with an improved offer !

As May's group gets sunk, a new person enters the fray... Surprising that

slack_pie
11-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Ive heard Bhatia and Strang are in the frame.

I heard Bhatia and Strang are part of a consortium, with Reg Brearley, the Sultan of Brunei, Cyril Sneer, and Dick Dastardly also involved.

Seriously though, I'm starting not to care who buys the ****ing club. How can talks still be ongoing after six months? I doubt any of the parties truly have the club's best interests at heart anyway - they're just trying to get their hands on some prime real estate.

Just get on with it or don't, ffs.

magicianpie
11-06-2019, 09:34 AM
How much interest has the Glenn Roeder fund accrued, can we not use that?

slack_pie
11-06-2019, 09:37 AM
How much interest has the Glenn Roeder fund accrued, can we not use that?

If you add the Craig Ramage fund as well, we surely have enough to buy an ice cream each, and perhaps a Jimmy Willan CD too.

pjace
11-06-2019, 09:43 AM
At least he is local, not anonymous, has a history in running a football club and isn't Alex May!

Just ask the Mansfield fans what they think of Keith Haslam

marshall55
11-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Sooner have Hardy.

TSANHO
11-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Ok, if we had the choice who would we prefer to see take Notts forward?

Random anonymous South Africans.

Convicted fraudster Alex May.

The Smurf.

Keith Haslam.

Or

Alan Hardy to stay on.

??

Yellafella63
11-06-2019, 10:14 AM

You do not want this man involved at your club in any capacity.

SwalePie
11-06-2019, 10:33 AM

The Smurf.

Keith Haslam.

Or

Alan Hardy to stay on.

??

I'll go for RaSA

slack_pie
11-06-2019, 10:36 AM

Exactly. He's pretty much the devil incarnate according to Stags fans. It would be beyond belief if he became involved in Meadow Lane.

slack_pie
11-06-2019, 10:38 AM

The Smurf.

Keith Haslam.

Or

Alan Hardy to stay on.

??

Random anonymous South Africans, simply because we don't yet know that they'll be rubbish for the club. Every other option we know would be rubbish. So go with the SAs on the off chance that they'll actually bring some dignity and optimism back to the club.

Chicken Balti Pie
11-06-2019, 10:38 AM
I'll go for RaSA

You seem to be more in the know than most Swale? Any news on yesterday?

SwalePie
11-06-2019, 10:40 AM
You seem to be more in the know than most Swale? Any news on yesterday?

Not a sausage I'm afraid but we didn't know the timetable of their visit anyhow so perhaps no meetings until today or later. There's been no new news since Saturday's discontinuation of the Paragon leisure strike off action.

Chicken Balti Pie
11-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Not a sausage I'm afraid but we didn't know the timetable of their visit anyhow so perhaps no meetings until today or later. There's been no new news since Saturday's discontinuation of the Paragon leisure strike off action.

No worries, just gone awfully quiet of late

snipe_pie
11-06-2019, 11:36 AM
I seriously am getting the feeling this is going to go tits up.

Chicken Balti Pie
11-06-2019, 11:37 AM
I seriously am getting the feeling this is going to go tits up.

It's Notts, it always does

Chicken Balti Pie
11-06-2019, 11:51 AM
So according to James Nursery in the Mirror, Smurfwaite has now put in an offer for the club. Someone is playing him like a fiddle.

SwalePie
11-06-2019, 12:00 PM
So according to James Nursery in the Mirror, Smurfwaite has now put in an offer for the club. Someone is playing him like a fiddle.

Yep :) Chess masters at work. Interesting that there's no source, no 'I understand', no 'sources say', no 'the Mirror has learned'. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

slack_pie
11-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Oh for God's sake, it's like bloody snakes and ladders, but without the ladders. Back to the beginning we go.

Someone buy the bloody club and do what you want with it. Our hopes and dreams have already been pissed all over repeatedly, so don't worry about that.

Sorry, I've had enough. It's like the season never ended, but now instead of the same old rubbish football, we get the same old rubbish news.

LilCrazyKim
11-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Gotta agree with Slack. Sunderland is a good example of a club where a takeover restored the feel good factor post relegation but this has gone on so long now that even if we're ultimately taken over by a decent set of owners they're gonna have a hard time raising spirits.

My season ticket money's been sitting in my account ready to go but I'm increasingly thinking of getting one at the Panthers this year regardless of the outcome at Meadow Lane.

marshall55
11-06-2019, 12:15 PM
More chance of raising little Al.

SwalePie
11-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Gotta agree with Slack. Sunderland is a good example of a club where a takeover restored the feel good factor post relegation but this has gone on so long now that even if we're ultimately taken over by a decent set of owners they're gonna have a hard time raising spirits.

If (and it's still an 'if') all goes to plan the feelgood factor will return rapidly based on just how low everyone's currently feeling. Let's hope this game ends well.

SwalePie
11-06-2019, 02:30 PM

snipe_pie
11-06-2019, 04:24 PM

....nailed on then.

optipez
11-06-2019, 05:37 PM
It's beginning to feel like Notts are an ex club. When even Soccerman is losing interest everyone who cares about the club should be worried.
There is absolutely no reason why a spokesman for these South Africans can't make a statement of intent and put a name or two to some faces to make it feel tangible. Otherwise it's just a rumour, a facsimile of a takeover, ephemeral bollox in the ether and we're running out of time, both for the winding up order and to salvage next season before a balls been kicked.
We were at a low ebb last season but we're now in danger of terminal malaise if this drifts on.

leeh769
11-06-2019, 06:02 PM
No real interest from any, just tyre kickers! Think we need to start being nice to AH

optipez
11-06-2019, 06:11 PM
No real interest from any, just tyre kickers! Think we need to start being nice to AH

Why? He's got nothing to offer us and is the main reason we are where we are.

leeh769
11-06-2019, 06:26 PM
He’s the owner, what’s the other option with no buyer? 😳

legs77
11-06-2019, 06:31 PM
The other option is we fold if AH is in charge he is a pr*ck and I wont say nothing nice about him.

nw6pie
11-06-2019, 06:49 PM
He’s the owner, what’s the other option with no buyer? ��

He’s the owner and he’s broke - administration (at best) is around the corner if he doesn’t sell by the next court date.

Woodsetts_Pie
11-06-2019, 07:01 PM
On the other Fred it's hinted that the Sith Afrikaans are waiting for Admin in order to avoid paying AH the £6m. Also that the other lot are doing the same. Well if everyone else is waiting for Admin so it's value is diddly squat, what's to stop AH from just putting us in Admin instead and selling it to himself for a quid. - save himself all the hassle.... just a theory (not a good one I admit)

Yes, I too am a tad bored/annoyed/irritated/fed up/disillusioned (tick all that apply)

SmiffyPie
11-06-2019, 07:07 PM
...what's to stop AH from just putting us in Admin instead and selling it to himself for a quid. - save himself all the hassle.... just a theory (not a good one I admit)

Yes, I too am a tad bored/annoyed/irritated/fed up/disillusioned (tick all that apply)Hardy wants to recoup as much as he can. The last thing he would want is to buy us again. (IMO of course)