PDA

View Full Version : Help Bury FC Donations

SwalePie
31-05-2019, 01:38 AM
For anyone who's prepared to dig deep to help Bury, here's one way to do so...

https://www.foreverbury.org/join-us

Bridg4d_Pie_
31-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Might soon be time for N.C.F.C. to place that type of advertisement for financial support if Hardy does not sort this sale of the club out P.D.Q.

sidders
31-05-2019, 07:55 AM
Talk about charity beginning at home ...

MagpieMike
31-05-2019, 08:42 AM

On the basis that Bury folding could help us, its not a great idea to support them is it :confused:

Of course if someone has the odd £8.5m they probably need, you could just buy Notts instead. Bargain.

OP67
31-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Might soon be time for N.C.F.C. to place that type of advertisement for financial support if Hardy does not sort this sale of the club out P.D.Q.

Winding up hearing 5th June so maybe 6th June could be a good day to start one!!!

theory_extinct
31-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Stopped such donations a long time ago. Its just putting good money after bad. Wouldn't even do it for Notts anymore. It's never ending, one financial mess to another. Its about time some of these clubs did go under. Football in this country needs a wake up call and unfortunately that wont happen until a few clubs go to the wall (one wont be enough).

jonnyt1
31-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Bury are buried. £8M required in a few weeks time.

nay123
31-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Bury are buried. £8M required in a few weeks time.

You could say the same for notts

jonnyt1
31-05-2019, 11:13 AM
£1.4m for Notts

cher1
31-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Much the same as us, Bury have already been 'saved' once. They had a campaign back in the early 2000s to raise funds - you could donate to have your name on a seat. Mind you, mine is probably covered in pigeon **** now, and completely illegible...

Supporters are becoming weary of bailing out clubs nowadays - even their own - and I suspect if Notts get into deep trouble again (assuming they aren't already there of course) that it would be really difficult to raise anything like the £300k that was raised last time.

The cycle of spending too much and then flogging almost bankrupt clubs on to someone else willing to take a punt has to change; some so called big clubs will have to go out of business first though. And who knows what a new model of football ownership might look like.

The_Don_ORiordan
31-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Thing is, they know it is not going to the “club” but to perpetuate overpaid thieves given overinflated contracts by incapable ego driven club owners.

Clubs need to be run like a real business, nothing wrong with investing, but it has to be done on a sensible basis. Fans just have to accept it.

upthemaggies
31-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Thing is, they know it is not going to the “club” but to perpetuate overpaid thieves given overinflated contracts by incapable ego driven club owners.

Clubs need to be run like a real business, nothing wrong with investing, but it has to be done on a sensible basis. Fans just have to accept it.

Right.
I watched a report the other day about a guy in Birmingham who'd lost both legs, was in a wheelchair and was homeless, he was having to sleep behind a garage. He'd been beaten up the previous week and had his wheelchair stolen. The thought of giving money to a football club as an act of charity so that they can pay players (AND THEIR AGENTS) ridiculous wages in the current political climate seems utterly obscene.

ivansneck
31-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Right.
I watched a report the other day about a guy in Birmingham who'd lost both legs, was in a wheelchair and was homeless, he was having to sleep behind a garage. He'd been beaten up the previous week and had his wheelchair stolen. The thought of giving money to a football club as an act of charity so that they can pay players (AND THEIR AGENTS) ridiculous wages in the current political climate seems utterly obscene.

I’ve a soft spot fro Bury but I want any donation to be useful. Helping them set up a new club might be the biggest help.

Big Bob
31-05-2019, 06:07 PM
We've our own team to worry about never mind Bury

meoldlaner
01-06-2019, 05:41 AM
We've our own team to worry about never mind Bury

Absolutely this!

drillerpie
01-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Right.

Completely agree.