PDA

View Full Version : Kellett

Chicken Balti Pie
31-05-2019, 12:11 PM
So someone alluded on the webchat to a video by Andy Kellett on Instagram, asking if any action will be taken against him. Anyone know what it was? I don't have Instagram so no idea?

SwalePie
31-05-2019, 12:26 PM
So someone alluded on the webchat to a video by Andy Kellett on Instagram, asking if any action will be taken against him. Anyone know what it was? I don't have Instagram so no idea?

Not a clue but sounds intriguing.

SwalePie
01-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Did anyone figure out what this was or see the video?

Chicken Balti Pie
01-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Did anyone figure out what this was or see the video?

Sadly not

jackal2
01-06-2019, 01:27 PM
I liked what I saw of Kellett last season, but we just didn't see him enough, whether it was through injury or non-selection. He's a busy, sparky player who is brave enough to retain and run with the ball and make things happen. Reminded me more than a little of Alan Judge.

Sadly, a lot of coaches - especially in the lower leagues - see these types as luxury players who don't work hard enough out of possession to win the ball back. Except the very best coaches, like Pep Guardiola, who realise that if you have several of these technically superior players, you don't tend to lose the ball in the first place. When Manchester City lose possession they press like tigers to get it back, but they don't lose possession often, so the high work rate off the ball is only sporadic.

kill_the_drum
01-06-2019, 01:38 PM
I liked what I saw of Kellett last season, but we just didn't see him enough, whether it was through injury or non-selection. He's a busy, sparky player who is brave enough to retain and run with the ball and make things happen. Reminded me more than a little of Alan Judge.

Sadly, a lot of coaches - especially in the lower leagues - see these types as luxury players who don't work hard enough out of possession to win the ball back. Except the very best coaches, like Pep Guardiola, who realise that if you have several of these technically superior players, you don't tend to lose the ball in the first place. When Manchester City lose possession they press like tigers to get it back, but they don't lose possession often, so the high work rate off the ball is only sporadic.

A lot of coaches in the lower leagues probably realise they don’t have the budget/resources to attract players that never lose the ball.

Robertomac
01-06-2019, 01:39 PM
I've no idea why he never got a game, but was a bright and tenacious player from what I saw. He also had an eye for a pass and looked like the kind of player to unlock stubborn defences - in fact, exactly what we were missing.

SwalePie
01-06-2019, 02:52 PM
I've no idea why he never got a game, but was a bright and tenacious player from what I saw. He also had an eye for a pass and looked like the kind of player to unlock stubborn defences - in fact, exactly what we were missing.

Agreed.

Glad2BeAPie
01-06-2019, 03:03 PM
A lot of us would have picked him ahead of lazy Enzio

Freeman25
01-06-2019, 03:35 PM
A lot of us would have picked him ahead of lazy Enzio

A left back/number 10 ahead of a winger? Can see why "A lot of us" aren't managers

Glad2BeAPie
01-06-2019, 04:29 PM
A left back/number 10 ahead of a winger? Can see why "A lot of us" aren't managers

Enzio is about as much as a winger as I am.

The_Don_ORiordan
01-06-2019, 04:46 PM
I must be in the minority but I have to say Kellett didn’t inspire me from what I saw of him.
He’s one of those players that appears better to some by not being in the team, and although lots obviously like him because he was “busy”, his first touch was pretty poor and tackling and physicality non existent. I do hope we go for players with more physicality in this league this season. I think and hope we can do better than him this season, in almost every category.

The comparisons with Enzio simply highlight his “busyness” versus a player with significantly more skill who is wildly inconsistent with its application.

Notts fans judging by this board rate a trier over a player with a lot of skill who floats in and out of games. It must be the amount of time we’ve spent in the lower leagues and possibly the success we had under warnock.

I’m no different for the most part, but still rate skill as being important as long as it’s applied.

slack_pie
01-06-2019, 05:06 PM

Yeah, he looked like a slightly better version of Allesandra. Technically competent, with an eye for a killer pass. No idea why he never played. Maybe it was a fitness issue.

slack_pie
01-06-2019, 05:10 PM
I must be in the minority but I have to say Kellett didn’t inspire me from what I saw of him.
He’s one of those players that appears better to some by not being in the team, and although lots obviously like him because he was “busy”, his first touch was pretty poor and tackling and physicality non existent. I do hope we go for players with more physicality in this league this season. I think and hope we can do better than him this season, in almost every category.

The comparisons with Enzio simply highlight his “busyness” versus a player with significantly more skill who is wildly inconsistent with its application.

Notts fans judging by this board rate a trier over a player with a lot of skill who floats in and out of games. It must be the amount of time we’ve spent in the lower leagues and possibly the success we had under warnock.

I’m no different for the most part, but still rate skill as being important as long as it’s applied.

I disagree. From what I saw, Kellet was technically better than Enzio, and more creative too, but Enzio was quicker and stronger (when he could be bothered).

For all the hype, Enzio turned out to be very one dimensional in his play. If you stop him cutting inside and shooting, there's not much more to worry you.

The_Don_ORiordan
01-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Yeah, he looked like a slightly better version of Allesandra. Technically competent, with an eye for a killer pass. No idea why he never played. Maybe it was a fitness issue.

Killer pass? Must have missed his many assists chap, it’s all about opinions.

On a serious note, despite three different managers not playing him regularly it looks like he is still contracted, as is Enzio. It might be fitness, although he did make the bench often.

I guess we might see which is preferred and which adapts better to this level. I sincerely hope both do well. Surely both are capable enough at this level.

durhampie
02-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Killer pass? Must have missed his many assists chap, it’s all about opinions.

On a serious note, despite three different managers not playing him regularly it looks like he is still contracted, as is Enzio. It might be fitness, although he did make the bench often.

I guess we might see which is preferred and which adapts better to this level. I sincerely hope both do well. Surely both are capable enough at this level.

He has been a waste of a shirt, and we should never have signed him in the first place.. les kellett would have been a better signing...

marshall55
02-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Always injured.