PDA

View Full Version : Not training at Basford

Oldstripy
31-05-2019, 06:33 PM
It looks like the deal Notts had with Basford has ended.

New @basfordunitedfootballclub training pitch which was @nottscountyfc training pitch last season, coming on leaps & bounds getting ready for our 1st teams exciting preseason resumption under Ex @officialnffc legend Steve Chettle. One slight problem though when trying too cut, a family of ducks who have made a home & not keen to move.

https://www.facebook.com/basfordunitedfc/

Glad2BeAPie
31-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Oh well back to Meadow Lane then

Bridg4d_Pie_
31-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Oh well back to Meadow Lane then

Cotgrave M.W. Ground & facilities l have heard good setup, floodlights & facilities are very good, Notts coaching staff have been there several times recently. 😉😉

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
31-05-2019, 07:44 PM
Trent embankment

matt_magpie
31-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Tbf they probably need to be on grass not 4g as last pre season was blamed on training on a hard pitch

ncfcog
31-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Melbourne Park, Aspley Lane?

Notts78
31-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Tbf they probably need to be on grass not 4g as last pre season was blamed on training on a hard pitch

Pre season will still be on a hard pitch. 4G has give in it as it’s loaded with bloody rubber pellets. The problem I have with 4G is the impact in joints. When changing direction it is very much immediate, which is probably why I have witnessed a load of knee injuries on it. Where as on grass and particularly a soft surface a change of direction is impossible to be done without a short delay, for example moving in the opposite direction would invoke a slight slip, a more of a slowing down process. 4G in my experience doesn’t have this. The strain on the joints must be massive.
I still knock about in Vets football, and 4G games have a much longer recovery time for me.

nay123
31-05-2019, 09:51 PM
Don't matter what the surface is like notts will still be crap.

meoldlaner
01-06-2019, 05:37 AM
Does anyone know why we couldn't train on Boots' ground near Holme Fields?

Chicken Balti Pie
01-06-2019, 05:57 AM

If I remember correctly, we did train on grass pitches last year? There was a heat wave that meant the grass pitches were rock hard and scorched, there were videos of them running on it. I also don't think it was the pitches to blame either, for a Big Sam pupil, Nolan didn't seem bothered about fitness last year

Dunce
01-06-2019, 06:37 AM
If I remember correctly, we did train on grass pitches last year? There was a heat wave that meant the grass pitches were rock hard and scorched, there were videos of them running on it. I also don't think it was the pitches to blame either, for a Big Sam pupil, Nolan didn't seem bothered about fitness last year

Fags, golf and 3 card brag??

nay123
01-06-2019, 07:15 AM

Ya because you have to pay to rent the ground notts don't have any money

Bridg4d_Pie_
01-06-2019, 07:30 AM

Because Notts Rugby are there l think you will find.

matt_magpie
01-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Pre season will still be on a hard pitch. 4G has give in it as it’s loaded with bloody rubber pellets. The problem I have with 4G is the impact in joints. When changing direction it is very much immediate, which is probably why I have witnessed a load of knee injuries on it. Where as on grass and particularly a soft surface a change of direction is impossible to be done without a short delay, for example moving in the opposite direction would invoke a slight slip, a more of a slowing down process. 4G in my experience doesn’t have this. The strain on the joints must be massive.
I still knock about in Vets football, and 4G games have a much longer recovery time for me.

I started playing vets last season and am recovering for days but think it’s down to my age lol. I did play on Basford a few weeks ago and tbf it’s the best 4g I have ever played on, but as you said anyone will tell yer it’s absolutely no good for your joints.

Notts78
01-06-2019, 07:47 AM
I started playing vets last season and am recovering for days but think it’s down to my age lol. I did play on Basford a few weeks ago and tbf it’s the best 4g I have ever played on, but as you said anyone will tell yer it’s absolutely no good for your joints.

I agree that Basfords is certainly the best 4G pitch I have played on. We played on it 3 times last season as 3 of the Vets sides in our league play there... something to not look forward to next season. Who did you play for Matt?

matt_magpie
01-06-2019, 08:12 AM
I agree that Basfords is certainly the best 4G pitch I have played on. We played on it 3 times last season as 3 of the Vets sides in our league play there... something to not look forward to next season. Who did you play for Matt?

Priory Celtic, we played Basford in a semi final but Arnold in the Final which we lost, thought Arnold was awful.

Notts78
01-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Priory Celtic, we played Basford in a semi final but Arnold in the Final which we lost, thought Arnold was awful.

I watched the 2nd half, we played our final after your game. The pitch was awful. Not really what you would want from a final. Although there were a group of kids baying for blood in your game. Proper hooligan element lol.
Your team had some good chances to level in half I saw.

matt_magpie
01-06-2019, 09:55 AM
I watched the 2nd half, we played our final after your game. The pitch was awful. Not really what you would want from a final. Although there were a group of kids baying for blood in your game. Proper hooligan element lol.
Your team had some good chances to level in half I saw.

Yeah we have been scoring for fun all season but we could have played all week in that game and we wouldn’t have scored. That would have been the u12s as a few of the dads play, they always wind up the other team lol Did you win yours? It was pretty bobbly wasn’t it, should have done the semi there and final at basford.

Notts78
01-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Yeah we have been scoring for fun all season but we could have played all week in that game and we wouldn’t have scored. That would have been the u12s as a few of the dads play, they always wind up the other team lol Did you win yours? It was pretty bobbly wasn’t it, should have done the semi there and final at basford.

Yeah we won 4-0. It helps that we have the most prolific forward in Vets football. He bagged all 4 to move to 30 for the season. I know a couple of your lads, big Nick Cheetham, I used to have some battles against his brother Paul. Had a quick chat with his parents who I have known for a long time. I also played in the latter stages of my career with Matt Clowes.

McCullochisGod
01-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Yeah we won 4-0. It helps that we have the most prolific forward in Vets football. He bagged all 4 to move to 30 for the season. I know a couple of your lads, big Nick Cheetham, I used to have some battles against his brother Paul. Had a quick chat with his parents who I have known for a long time. I also played in the latter stages of my career with Matt Clowes.

It will be the pitches behind the trees at Highfields where Martin Allen's team trained. Pitches overgrown again now but good money was spent on them before. Ask Trev...

MAD_MAGPIE
01-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Our pitch at Meadow Lane is now in the best condition it’s been in for years and years and that is testament to making the decision to get rid of the Rugby club off it and not using it as a training pitch, but more importantly the ground staff and investment made in it under the Trews and Hardy. That is certainly one thing they got right.

Short term we should go back to St George’s Park to train like we did under Keith Curle. It’s not that far from Nottingham and has the best facilities. It’s ideal for us. Burton have used it and benefited from it.

Long term we need to have our own training facilities that the club can use and that can also be used as part of a wider community facility somewhere in Nottingham. We are like nomads going from place to place and it really is something that we need to have in place as part of plans to get back into the football league.

McCullochisGod
01-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Our pitch at Meadow Lane is now in the best condition it’s been in for years and years and that is testament to making the decision to get rid of the Rugby club off it and not using it as a training pitch, but more importantly the ground staff and investment made in it under the Trews and Hardy. That is certainly one thing they got right.

Short term we should go back to St George’s Park to train like we did under Keith Curle. It’s not that far from Nottingham and has the best facilities. It’s ideal for us. Burton have used it and benefited from it.

Long term we need to have our own training facilities that the club can use and that can also be used as part of a wider community facility somewhere in Nottingham. We are like nomads going from place to place and it really is something that we need to have in place as part of plans to get back into the football league.

You mean like the high performance training centre Hardy said would be up and running by January 2019?

Simon the Pieman
02-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Trent embankment
Trent?