PDA

View Full Version : If the season started tomorrow

Hazza Has A Gazza
02-06-2019, 02:11 AM
Without the players who are likely to leave, and without any new players, how would we line up? And how would you rate that team's chances in L1?
GK Price

Defence
Purrington
Jones
Ihiekwe
Robertson

Midfield
Forde
Crooks
Wiles
Kayode?

Attack
Smith
Vassell

Subs
Bilboe
Proctor
Palmer
Yates
Wood
Mcginley?

I know there's a chance at least a couple of these might also leave. Smith would command a decent fee and Forde is yet to agree terms.
We're certainly light in midfield, I stuck Kayode on the wing. I'm not sure he's a winger but I saw him play there against Man City in the checkatrade and I can't think of anyone else except maybe Yates who could fill in there.

There's still some talent at the club for the level we're at but I don't think this team would be much of a threat. A decent foundation though, I think.

mikemiller
02-06-2019, 07:31 AM
Kayode and Yates are more "support" forwards, alongside or just behind the main front man. Think that Yates may have played wide when on loan (?). The only other real centre-forward we have is young Lewthwaite.

Learning from our mistakes... last season, our first match was Bournemouth away. No Towell, because we were still waiting for him to sign, Rodak had only just returned to RUFC the day before the game ( I think), and was responsible for a couple of goals conceded, and the inexperienced Vyner was playing out of position at right back because Jones was already crocked (and Vyner had a poor game).

Of course that kind of thing couldn't happen again... could it?

great_fire
02-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Brentford not Bournemouth, would have been good if it had been Bournemouth!

mikemiller
02-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Brentford not Bournemouth, would have been good if it had been Bournemouth!
oops -thanks for the correcting my misprint