PDA

View Full Version : Over 1500 Season Tickets sold !

arnapie
02-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Must say, that figure has surprised me, given the amount of people waiting until takeover is announced.

https://t.co/stAaSldGZO

Dunce
02-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Two more over here when the deal is done.

forwardmagpie
02-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Must say, that figure has surprised me, given the amount of people waiting until takeover is announced.

https://t.co/stAaSldGZO

Respect due to all fans who have bought one 👏

jackal2
02-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Two more over here when the deal is done.

Ditto. My support for the club hasn't changed despite relegation, but when it comes to spending £300+, my decisions are made with my head, not my heart. The moment the ownership issue is resolved and the winding up order is dismissed, I'll be down there buying my ticket. I don't want to become one of 1,500 creditors!

Dunce
02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Ditto. My support for the club hasn't changed despite relegation, but when it comes to spending £300+, my decisions are made with my head, not my heart. The moment the ownership issue is resolved and the winding up order is dismissed, I'll be down there buying my ticket. I don't want to become one of 1,500 creditors!

My sentiments exactly. Im looking forward to the new season, and seeing some different grounds. I need my saturdays back, sick to death of painting fences and being dragged around pigging garden centres. Roll on!!! Coyp

CheltenhamPie
02-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Respect due to all fans who have bought one ��
Thanks, and travelling over 100 miles to home matches. Only time will tell whether the saying " A fool and his money are soon parted," is true!

Oldstripy
02-06-2019, 02:21 PM
I've got mine, got the refund too.

nw6pie
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
I’ll be getting my three if/as soon as the deal goes through.

I guess the bigger question is how many season tickets we sold in total last season and how many we’d sold at this same stage. If we’d sold 3,000 at this point, then 1,500 suddenly looks problematic. Really hope I’ll be given the opportunity to get mine this week.

Oldstripy
02-06-2019, 03:26 PM
When you consider where the club is at the moment more than 1500 season tickets sold by 2nd June is very good.

Big Bob
02-06-2019, 03:43 PM
As soon as Hardy has gone then i'll part with my money

navypie
02-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Paid for ours weeks ago then got a £35 refund which was nice. Or was it £25. No matter.

slack_pie
02-06-2019, 03:56 PM
When you consider where the club is at the moment more than 1500 season tickets sold by 2nd June is very good.

Absolutely. This is the worst we've ever been on the pitch, and off the pitch it's pure uncertainty. I'm amazed, and very heartened, that 1500 have already got theirs. I hope many more buy in once the takeover is announced.

optipez
02-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Suspect you speak for 1-1500 others. I just don't trust Hardy to sell the club in a sensible and timely enough manner to risk the spend until the takeover is done which is a shame for the club which needs the money to get through the income free summer.

arnapie
02-06-2019, 06:32 PM
which is a shame for the club which needs the money to get through the income free summer.

The club received / will receive a £500,000 parachute payment this season, £250,000 next season. Although I agree about lack of cash flow, all down to no news on ( alleged ) takeover

Freeman25
02-06-2019, 07:07 PM
The club received / will receive a £500,000 parachute payment this season, £250,000 next season. Although I agree about lack of cash flow, all down to no news on ( alleged ) takeover

Had we stayed in League 2 we would have recieved a much bigger payment from the Football League though so it doesn't really help all that much, it's just a "better than nothing" bonus I guess

ncfcog
02-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Had we stayed in League 2 we would have recieved a much bigger payment from the Football League though so it doesn't really help all that much, it's just a "better than nothing" bonus I guess

I think all League 2 clubs receive an equal ‘Award’ payment from the EFL of circa £500k regardless of being champions or getting relegated. There is also a ‘Solidarity ‘ payment from the Premier League of circa £450k. So circa £950k for being in L2.

Next season we keep the same Award payment for one season, it then reduces after that. Don’t think we will get the PL Solidarity payment though?

Lullapie
03-06-2019, 09:23 AM
An absolute testament to how much people love the club. Every cloud has a silver lining and hopefully the drop will enable the club to get rid of some of the old deadwood.

I hope the money from the Season Ticket sales hasn't gone straight into Bug Al's account...

Oldstripy
03-06-2019, 09:31 AM
All expenditure has for sometime had to be passed by the SA's, so if the season ticket money has gone in the clubs account I don't think he could get his hands on it, also I don't think he would.

MAD_MAGPIE
03-06-2019, 11:51 AM

Exactly the same here. Just waiting on the takeover and then it's renewal. Fair play and credit to those who have renewed already. Just shows how much this club means to people.

To put it into perspective if we did not sell another season ticket and nobody turned up and paid on the day we would already have the 13th best attendance in the National League based on last seasons attendances as it stands.

We may sell another 1,000 season tickets once the takeover goes through.

nott5c
04-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Thanks, and travelling over 100 miles to home matches. Only time will tell whether the saying " A fool and his money are soon parted," is true!

I almost got excited at the 100 mile comment, shame it's the wrong way. Just bought mine and my daughters first season ticket since moving up to Darlington.

Observerpie
04-06-2019, 12:33 PM
Bought mine using my credit card, if we're liquidated I'm able to reclaim the money from the credit card company.

i961pie
04-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Bought mine using my credit card, if we're liquidated I'm able to reclaim the money from the credit card company.

I hope everyone did.

snipe_pie
04-06-2019, 07:16 PM
I’ll wait.

Dunce
04-06-2019, 07:37 PM
I’ll wait.

Me too.

Pensionerpie
04-06-2019, 10:11 PM
and me and my daughter

Supporter since 1951
12-06-2019, 02:19 PM

Pardon the pun but I'm not sure that you can bank on this. If you purchase an item in good faith from a company without adverse publicity and talk of liquidation (be it true or not) then you will probably have a legitimate claim if things go wrong. In this case there is talk of administration and liquidation, with the company saying nothing to allay people's fears. If things then go badly wrong the credit card company could say - "you knew what you were getting into at the time you purchased the tickets and why should we pay up for your error in judgement?". Perhaps someone could give a legal opinion on this because it would help the supporters buying tickets and the club itself.

ncfcog
12-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Pardon the pun but I'm not sure that you can bank on this. If you purchase an item in good faith from a company without adverse publicity and talk of liquidation (be it true or not) then you will probably have a legitimate claim if things go wrong. In this case there is talk of administration and liquidation, with the company saying nothing to allay people's fears. If things then go badly wrong the credit card company could say - "you knew what you were getting into at the time you purchased the tickets and why should we pay up for your error in judgement?". Perhaps someone could give a legal opinion on this because it would help the supporters buying tickets and the club itself.

is there also a time limit on this? CC companies probably won't cover your purchase after 90 days or summat in accordance with consumer credit laws?

TSANHO
12-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Payments by credit card are covered, think there was a piece on Nottingham Live about it either today or yesterday.

Would still be a brave old soul to buy one with things as they stand though.

durhampie
12-06-2019, 05:15 PM
Payments by credit card are covered, think there was a piece on Nottingham Live about it either today or yesterday.

Would still be a brave old soul to buy one with things as they stand though.

If the club are not able, or are unwilling to guarantee an ongoing product then we should demand our money back.. otherwise it looks as though we have been sold tickets on the back of a pack of lies....