PDA

View Full Version : Fake and bullsh1t newspaper reports.

ex_pat_magpie
03-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Who do you really trust when you hear so called serious reports as in our supposed take over.

Among the national press personally I prefer to believe news from the Guardian and the Telegraph than most of the other nationals.

As for the others I'd believe the smaller locals such as the Shields Gazette, particularly if they had a scoop or were first with general reports.

Perhaps the old adage is a good stand by " I read it in the papers so it can't be true "

Ragatino
03-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Who do you really trust when you hear so called serious reports as in our supposed take over.

Among the national press personally I prefer to believe news from the Guardian and the Telegraph than most of the other nationals.

As for the others I'd believe the smaller locals such as the Shields Gazette, particularly if they had a scoop or were first with general reports.

Perhaps the old adage is a good stand by " I read it in the papers so it can't be true "

I read all the gossip and adapted articles which cascade down from the original interviews or press conferences. It's always bizarre when you read the same thing written in several different ways. The click bait is mostly nonsense and sensationalism.

I respect and believe the work from George Caulkin. He's measured, precise and matter of fact about things; selp, dpes he run the sensational.

I read anything from TalkSport as total garbage unless it's coming from Quinnie or Super Mac when they have him on.

Being out in the Middle East for the last 4 odd years I'm shocked at how ignorant the majority of professional Journalists and Media Pundits are to the culture out here. As I've said in other posts you would think that they would do their homework a bit better &/or have/make contact with Sports Journo's in the region to find out about the BZG for example and why there might be delays etc - e.g. Ramadan/Eid holidays but now they just use terms like 'Dragging/Rumbling On', 'Delays', 'Fake Sheikh' etc etc. It's lazy London-centric nonsense most of it.

On to the Chronical... So these muppeties keep saying 'We just don't know what's going on!'

Why not? is it because they aren't very good at their jobs & don't have a network of contacts within in the National print & broadcast Media, don't have contacts across the football world because they haven't reached out to try and develop those relationships or is it because the world of Football is a completely secret world in which no one likes to speak to Journalists?

Obviously the former rather than the latter IMO.

Sadly as an overview - so much is written today it's just a cast of reading it all and figuring out what is the most logical scenario and going with that.

However the vast majority is nonsense

toptoon
03-06-2019, 08:56 PM
George Caulkin at the Times. The BBC website rarely reports rumours.

Kal
03-06-2019, 09:41 PM
George Caulkin at the Times. The BBC website rarely reports rumours.

George Caulkin I'd agree, but the BBC are one of the biggest fake news organisations in the western hemisphere.