PDA

View Full Version : Notts court number

Oldstripy
04-06-2019, 06:30 PM
We are number 57 @ 10:00 tomorrow.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court-lists/list-companies-winding-up

DomdomPie
04-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere. Says the takeover has been held up due to Terry Pritchard falling seriously ill.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/notts-countys-proposed-takeover-in-doubt-due-to-ill-health/

snipe_pie
04-06-2019, 06:40 PM
It just gets better. Why do we bother ?

jackal2
04-06-2019, 06:42 PM
You couldn't make the fortunes of this club up sometimes. Then again, perhaps you could.

One assumes Terry Pritchard must be a bit of a one-man band operation then? Otherwise, surely others within Charter House Corporate Partners could step in while he (hopefully) recovers.

SwalePie
04-06-2019, 06:44 PM
You couldn't make the fortunes of this club up sometimes. Then again, perhaps you could.

One assumes Terry Pritchard must be a bit of a one-man band operation then? Otherwise, surely others within Charter House Corporate Partners could step in while he (hopefully) recovers.

He is it's only director, I believe, but there may be employees or partners.

SwalePie
04-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere. Says the takeover has been held up due to Terry Pritchard falling seriously ill.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/notts-countys-proposed-takeover-in-doubt-due-to-ill-health/

Some other interesting snippets in that piece too, such as a stab at the price and the mention of the hotel.

DomdomPie
04-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Some other interesting snippets in that piece too, such as a stab at the price and the mention of the hotel.
Bizarre that it’s a Press Association piece but only the Aberdeen Evening Express have picked it up! NEP staff gone home for the day?

SwalePie
04-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Bizarre that it’s a Press Association piece but only the Aberdeen Evening Express have picked it up! NEP staff gone home for the day?

It is on FourFourTwo too. I was rather enjoying reading about us in the Scottish press though :)

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/notts-countys-proposed-takeover-doubt-due-ill-health

LilCrazyKim
04-06-2019, 06:55 PM
It's always us isn't it? Scardino's funding plan for the club fell through partly because the bank he was arranging a loan with had its offices destroyed on 9/11. Now another takeover is in jeopardy because the guy has facilitating it is seriously ill (fingers crossed for a swift recovery). Our off field history for the last twenty years would have been too outlandish for Dream Team.

jackal2
04-06-2019, 06:57 PM
This really is beginning to remind me of when Boston United were relegated from the Football League and were sent straight through to the Conference North (as it was then called) because of their financial problems. Then, the following summer, they were demoted again to the Unibond!

And the scary thing is, that could be looking on the optimistic side of possible outcomes! :s

I also remember looking at the Wikipedia profile of Scarborough FC immediately after they were wound up and seeing the fateful words "Scarborough Football Club was a professional football club...". God forbid we see that on Notts County's Wiki profile at any point!

Chicken Balti Pie
04-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Surely the lawyers and members of the proposed board could due the rest of the stuff?

SwalePie
04-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Surely the lawyers and members of the proposed board could due the rest of the stuff?

I'd suggest that is wholly dependent on how far down the road they are. TP and/or his company, CharterHCP, is the financial connector between the various funders of the group as I understand it.

nw6pie
04-06-2019, 08:20 PM
I'm finally beginning to buy into the witch's curse theory, because it just seems to be one thing after another with Notts. We should be running out to a Country & Western song at 3pm with our record of bad luck.

Wishing Terry Pritchard a speedy recovery, regardless of what happens with Notts.

jackal2
04-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Wishing Terry Pritchard a speedy recovery, regardless of what happens with Notts.

Yes. Let's hope everybody comes through this and emerges stronger.

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 04:47 AM
I'm finally beginning to buy into the witch's curse theory, because it just seems to be one thing after another with Notts. We should be running out to a Country & Western song at 3pm with our record of bad luck.

Haha me too. I just see no end to our misfortune. I mean at this stage, I can't even imagine what it would be like for us to be successful/well run/lucky. Even if we have a good season, I'll just consider it the prelude to another disaster (like the season before last).

jackal2
05-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Haha me too. I just see no end to our misfortune. I mean at this stage, I can't even imagine what it would be like for us to be successful/well run/lucky. Even if we have a good season, I'll just consider it the prelude to another disaster (like the season before last).

In truth it's not all down to bad luck. The club in recent years has been run by a series of what could be called Walter Mitty characters. One look at our accounts (the last ones published) makes it very clear that this is a house built on sand. Of course, that can be said about a lot of football clubs, but the signs recently are that reality is finally starting to bite this industry, below the Premier League level at least.

Simon the Pieman
05-06-2019, 06:56 AM
The Post today report Hardy is to ask for a two week extension and that the deal is far from completion. Surprise,surprise.

Chicken Balti Pie
05-06-2019, 07:02 AM
The Post today report Hardy is to ask for a two week extension and that the deal is far from completion. Surprise,surprise.

That's a rehash of the mirror article. I don't think Leigh Curtis was too happy about it as it was Barry Cooper who put it up in the post. They've also word for word rehashed the article from the Aberdeen express about Pritchard falling ill

McCullochisGod
05-06-2019, 07:05 AM
the post today report hardy is to ask for a two week extension and that the deal is far from completion. Surprise,surprise.

hi cilla ....

Simon the Pieman
05-06-2019, 08:04 AM
hi cilla ....
Sorry don't understand that nonsense at all. Are you a fan of Blind Date, perhaps?:

upthemaggies
05-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Sorry don't understand that nonsense at all. Are you a fan of Blind Date, perhaps?:

*shudder* Back in 1984 ITV actually favoured her series "Surprise Surprise" (the most sickly rubbish ever to be shown on TV) over Brazil v England, so we only got to see the 2nd half live and missed John Barnes' wonder goal. The same channel also decided to pull out of showing Euro 84 (so some games didn't even get shown as highlights). Unthinkable today.

Bohinen
05-06-2019, 08:46 AM
*shudder* Back in 1984 ITV actually favoured her series "Surprise Surprise" (the most sickly rubbish ever to be shown on TV) over Brazil v England, so we only got to see the 2nd half live and missed John Barnes' wonder goal. The same channel also decided to pull out of showing Euro 84 (so some games didn't even get shown as highlights). Unthinkable today.

I seem to remember watching John Barnes' wonder goal live, so maybe I was watching the other side. It was a goal he dined out on for the rest of his international career.

ivansneck
05-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Session starts at 1030

upthemaggies
05-06-2019, 09:37 AM
I seem to remember watching John Barnes' wonder goal live, so maybe I was watching the other side. It was a goal he dined out on for the rest of his international career.

BBC didn't show it, it was exclusively on ITV, they showed the goal and 1st half highlights during the build up to the 2nd half (after Surprise Surprise finished). There was a complete football blackout for a while in late 1985 and after that BBC didn't bother with MOTD for a period thinking nobody wanted to watch highlights anymore. A difficult time to be a football fan, it's just difficult if you're a Notts fan today.

upthemaggies
05-06-2019, 09:40 AM
No live update on the NEP site?

LilCrazyKim
05-06-2019, 09:42 AM
No live update on the NEP site?

If we are about to be wound up then local media has been caught majorly off guard.

Chicken Balti Pie
05-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Leigh Curtis give him his due, he isn't expecting things to go south and is expecting news later this week. It's the others who are grabbing stories from social media doing the soon and gloom it seems

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Leigh Curtis give him his due, he isn't expecting things to go south and is expecting news later this week. It's the others who are grabbing stories from social media doing the soon and gloom it seems

True. It seems that some of the stories that have come out this year are just pure speculation. It doesn't really help the situation, given how fractious us fans are already.

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 09:51 AM

Yes agreed. He stated that they have a reporter at the High Court covering it for them today too.

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 10:03 AM
From Leigh Curtis just now...

"Despite the fact he is in hospital, Terry Pritchard, of CharterHCP, has messaged me this morning. He wants Notts fans to know, 'he's doing his best to keep things moving', but needs to sort serious health issue out and is 'deeply sorry' for the delay it has caused."

upthemaggies
05-06-2019, 10:11 AM
From Leigh Curtis just now...

"Despite the fact he is in hospital, Terry Pritchard, of CharterHCP, has messaged me this morning. He wants Notts fans to know, 'he's doing his best to keep things moving', but needs to sort serious health issue out and is 'deeply sorry' for the delay it has caused."

He's not the one who should be apologising.

LilCrazyKim
05-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Adjourned until 10 July.

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Adjourned until 10 July.

That's OK then. Everything should be wrapped up in 7-10 days anyway.

jonnyt1
05-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Slack Pie Lol

Dunce
05-06-2019, 10:38 AM

😂😂😂

LilCrazyKim
05-06-2019, 10:38 AM
What a great outcome for the speculation. A extension from an impartial judge to 10 July can be read both as a sign that a takeover is actually close and as a sign that things are in fact a lot further off than claimed (given we were apparently only asking for two weeks).

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 10:39 AM
What a great outcome for the speculation. A extension from an impartial judge to 10 July can be read both as a sign that a takeover is actually close and as a sign that things are in fact a lot further off than claimed (given we were apparently only asking for two weeks).

I would think the lengthy breathing space is more a case of saving the courts wasted time than any meaningful clue to a completion date.

LilCrazyKim
05-06-2019, 10:42 AM
That's one immediate problem fended off. Now we just have to convince the Conference AGM that we'll be good to go in August. :o

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 10:43 AM
That's one immediate problem fended off. Now we just have to convince the Conference AGM that we'll be good to go in August. :o

Let's hope this expectation is realistic:

"Lloyd Tamlyn, who was representing the club, told the court that negotiations are continuing with two parties, and that the sale is expected to be completed within a month."

GranthamPie
05-06-2019, 10:44 AM
So, about three weeks before the season starts?

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Let's hope this expectation is realistic:

"Lloyd Tamlyn, who was representing the club, told the court that negotiations are continuing with two parties, and that the sale is expected to be completed within a month."

Bloody hell. How can it still be a month off?

Whatever happens, I think we have to face it that next season will be write-off. We'll be so far behind every other team in our preparation and recruitment that we'll do well to not go down again.

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Gordon Bennett... there's actually an official statement from the club now! The silence is broken...ish. Whatever next?

"Notts County have this morning been given more time to settle their debt to HMRC.

The High Court have adjourned the case until 10 July in recognition of the ongoing takeover process.

Notts fully understand supporters’ frustrations and concerns surrounding the club’s ownership situation but stress that strict confidentiality measures must be adhered to in order to ensure a deal is completed professionally and in line with all regulations.

As soon as the club are in a position to comment further, a statement will be released."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/hmrc-hearing-outcome-050619/

nay123
05-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Extended to the 11th July will it ever end

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 11:11 AM

?

LEPiePie
05-06-2019, 11:23 AM
It was the 32th of July

Notsohumblepie
05-06-2019, 11:27 AM
It was the 32th of July

Don't tempt fate

countygump
05-06-2019, 11:37 AM

That has now officially become part of Notts County folklore. Along with, 'Press conference at 2pm' and the unforgettable, 'inbarrassing'.

'Up chit creek without a saddle' is another and Saky Sports, any more?

navypie
05-06-2019, 11:44 AM

Maybe the 12th of............

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 11:49 AM
That has now officially become part of Notts County folklore. Along with, 'Press conference at 2pm' and the unforgettable, 'inbarrassing'.

Don't forget the monorail!

countygump
05-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Don't forget the monorail!

Damn, how could I forget that!!!

Don't bully meh..............

countygump
05-06-2019, 12:02 PM
Gordon Bennett... there's actually an official statement from the club now! The silence is broken...ish. Whatever next?

"Notts County have this morning been given more time to settle their debt to HMRC.

The High Court have adjourned the case until 10 July in recognition of the ongoing takeover process.

Notts fully understand supporters’ frustrations and concerns surrounding the club’s ownership situation but stress that strict confidentiality measures must be adhered to in order to ensure a deal is completed professionally and in line with all regulations.

As soon as the club are in a position to comment further, a statement will be released."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/hmrc-hearing-outcome-050619/

Wonder if any Notts fans were in attendance??? Would there have been any half and half scarves on sale???

MAD_MAGPIE
05-06-2019, 12:13 PM

2pm press conference step aside. We have a new kid on the block now 7-10 days. XD

Old_pie
05-06-2019, 12:17 PM
2pm press conference step aside. We have a new kid on the block now 7-10 days. XD

Are they calendar days, working days, martian days or lunar days?

GranthamPie
05-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Looney days...

gunthorpepie
05-06-2019, 12:46 PM
"I am lead to believe that the take over will be sorted within a fortnight. I am 95% sure"

Mr P Trembling

DelroyFacey22
05-06-2019, 12:48 PM

Source/sauce

cocopops61
05-06-2019, 01:13 PM
I had an update of the court hearing via an email today from Notts,it's the first correspondence that I've received from them in about two years,I presume that it's because I've not renewed my season ticket yet

SmiffyPie
05-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Biblical.

MAD_MAGPIE
05-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Bloody hell. How can it still be a month off?

Whatever happens, I think we have to face it that next season will be write-off. We'll be so far behind every other team in our preparation and recruitment that we'll do well to not go down again.

All will be fine. As long as the takeover is completed 7-10 days before the start of the season. XD

Joking aside I guess we just don't know what is going off behind the scenes and if there are strict confidentiality agreements in place we will just have to wait and see how things unravel over the next month.

The HMRC wolf has been pushed away from the door so to speak for now.

I guess the next milestone will be the National League AGM and what happens at that?

slack_pie
05-06-2019, 05:05 PM
All will be fine. As long as the takeover is completed 7-10 days before the start of the season. XD

Joking aside I guess we just don't know what is going off behind the scenes and if there are strict confidentiality agreements in place we will just have to wait and see how things unravel over the next month.

The HMRC wolf has been pushed away from the door so to speak for now.

I guess the next milestone will be the National League AGM and what happens at that?

If we actually start the season, I predict we'll lose 7-10 nil on the opening day.

jackal2
05-06-2019, 05:08 PM
I suppose the biggest plus we can take from today is that HMRC and the other creditor must have seen some sort of evidence to give them belief that it's worth waiting, given that they both actively agreed to the extension. The taxman isn't exactly known for his sentiment.

navypie
05-06-2019, 05:14 PM
If we actually start the season, I predict we'll lose 7-10 nil on the opening day.

Could take the players 7 to 10 days to get over a defeat like that.

SwalePie
05-06-2019, 05:20 PM
I think '7 to 10 days' is the new Notts version of #thoughtsandprayers