PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again.

mark45
07-06-2019, 09:52 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/notts-county-fresh-crisis-saviour-16478871?12

Chicken Balti Pie
07-06-2019, 10:02 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/notts-county-fresh-crisis-saviour-16478871?12

It's been stated that the south African group has got exclusivity so does anyone know if that is correct?

If Hardy believes dealing with this May group as putting Notts in good hands, he has another thing coming. Kenworthy and now May have both served time? Why were they even spoken to?

Chicken Balti Pie
07-06-2019, 10:04 PM
One other thing, if May was jailed for 6 years in 2014, he's out in release so would surely fail any fit and proper person test

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
07-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Exposing these fraudsters is the best thing to do in order to save the club, Hardy was wanting to stay on as Chairman with a group of convicted fraudsters in charge !
Not happening at my club, he needs to go

LEPiePie
07-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Lets hope they don't get a sniff of it then, besides as CBP says, they would fail any fit and proper persons test, fraud isn't something the FA wants under their umbrella. Especially with the goings on in Italy.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
07-06-2019, 10:24 PM
Kenworthy and now May have both served time? Why were they even spoken to?

Basically they’ve been doing due diligence on Notts but Notts haven’t thought to look into them !
I say Notts but it’s one person making the amateurish decisions

upthemaggies
07-06-2019, 10:37 PM
Surely this has to be the end of Kapikanya's interest in the club. Who would pay to watch a club owned by somebody with that kind of history?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
07-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Surely this has to be the end of Kapikanya's interest in the club. Who would pay to watch a club owned by somebody with that kind of history?

Not me or my family that’s for sure

upthemaggies
07-06-2019, 10:51 PM
Not me or my family that’s for sure

We had Lee Hughes, who was very popular at Meadow Lane, but as bad as what he did, he didn't plan what happened. This Kapikanya chap sounds horrific, makes Russell King look like a kindly old uncle.

Chicken Balti Pie
07-06-2019, 10:55 PM
We had Lee Hughes, who was very popular at Meadow Lane, but as bad as what he did, he didn't plan what happened. This Kapikanya chap sounds horrific, makes Russell King look like a kindly old uncle.

It has to be the end of that group's interest now surely? Kenworthy and May have served time, the lawyer Colin Dodds also has some interesting business interests as well. They seem to want the land around Meadow Lane, our hope is that the Hayden Green estate slams them right out doing anything with Meadow Lane. That should put them right off, no public support and no chance of making money from the land should see them squirrel away

GranthamPie
07-06-2019, 11:38 PM
Still confident chaps?

GranthamPie
07-06-2019, 11:55 PM
Due diligence?.... pmsl!

ForeignLegion
08-06-2019, 12:39 AM
How come our very own Kevin Turvey didn't uncover this?

McCullochisGod
08-06-2019, 01:00 AM
Exposing these fraudsters is the best thing to do in order to save the club, Hardy was wanting to stay on as Chairman with a group of convicted fraudsters in charge !
Not happening at my club, he needs to go

He employs one as Academy Manager doesn't he allegedly?

slack_pie
08-06-2019, 05:22 AM

Yeah, if Hardy goes with that group, or if we end up with that group after going into admin, then I see some fans pretty much giving up. There's only so much we can take.

theory_extinct
08-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Basically they’ve been doing due diligence on Notts but Notts haven’t thought to look into them !
I say Notts but it’s one person making the amateurish decisions

Or he knows about it and has chosen to not let it scupper any potential deal. Either way isn't good.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Or he knows about it and has chosen to not let it scupper any potential deal. Either way isn't good.

Alternatively, he knows about is, this information is release and he sells to the SA consortium so he can say, look, I could have sold you to a fraudster but didn't

LaxtonLad
08-06-2019, 07:43 AM
"The bidders include a consortium led by lawyer Colin Dodd, using advisor Alex May."

See that sentence? A consortium has a lawyer, well I expect they would have, he has an advisor, who it is is up to him. Alan Hardy can hardly control who puts in a bid - dodgy or not - can he? I have no love for him but he's getting shot at from all angles without even saying a word.

The rest of the article is a mix of old news, shoddy speculation and guesswork, including it's assessment of Alex May's current position, which seems legitimate to me. It's headline calls him a "saviour" yet makes him look like a villain in hiding. The Daily Mirror is a rag hardly know for it's factual or fair reporting.

jonnyt1
08-06-2019, 07:51 AM
I'd rather liquidation and Notts County Afc than May being involved.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 07:51 AM
"The bidders include a consortium led by lawyer Colin Dodd, using advisor Alex May."

See that sentence? A consortium has a lawyer, well I expect they would have, he has an advisor, who it is is up to him. Alan Hardy can hardly control who puts in a bid - dodgy or not - can he? I have no love for him but he's getting shot at from all angles without even saying a word.

The rest of the article is a mix of old news, shoddy speculation and guesswork, including it's assessment of Alex May's current position, which seems legitimate to me. It's headline calls him a "saviour" yet makes him look like a villain in hiding. The Daily Mirror is a rag hardly know for it's factual or fair reporting.

Something has kicked off. Before it was referred to as Alex May's group, now it's this Dodd fellow.

Dodd is a lawyer, yet the correspondence address for one of his businesses goes to 7 the ropewalk Nottingham. The occupiers of that address are Austin Moore, a firm of solicitors but they make no mention of a Colin Dodd on their website. It is most intriguing. This lot are definitely more backstreet Munto, they may not have the claims of billionaire royalty but they have no good intentions for this football club from what I've seen

BigFatPie
08-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Hahaha that’s fantastic. You’d have thought the fact that Alex May isn’t Alex May at all but a bit of a conman would have been something that Scoop might have picked up, but never mind.

A hotel on the ground would certainly save having to get a bus home.

GranthamPie
08-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Can we just call this shyster by his real name and not some deed poll pseudonym to avoid detection? His name is Alick Kapikanya.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Hahaha that’s fantastic. You’d have thought the fact that Alex May isn’t Alex May at all but a bit of a conman would have been something that Scoop might have picked up, but never mind.

A hotel on the ground would certainly save having to get a bus home.

Unless you were looking for it, you probably wouldn't think to check (that's if you can?) Nursery was definitely tipped off about this one. I don't think Scoop can get a bashing for not seeing this to be fair to him

countygump
08-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Something has kicked off. Before it was referred to as Alex May's group, now it's this Dodd fellow.

Dodd is a lawyer, yet the correspondence address for one of his businesses goes to 7 the ropewalk Nottingham. The occupiers of that address are Austin Moore, a firm of solicitors but they make no mention of a Colin Dodd on their website. It is most intriguing. This lot are definitely more backstreet Munto, they may not have the claims of billionaire royalty but they have no good intentions for this football club from what I've seen

'Backstreet Munto', is that a punk band?

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 08:26 AM
'Backstreet Munto', is that a punk band?

They Dona great cover of jailhouse rock...

theory_extinct
08-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Unless you were looking for it, you probably wouldn't think to check (that's if you can?) Nursery was definitely tipped off about this one. I don't think Scoop can get a bashing for not seeing this to be fair to him

I agree The Mirror weren't looking for this. Weird how all these stories are coming through them. Like someone is drip feeding them information. They never state it was through their own investigations that they came by the information.

Simon the Pieman
08-06-2019, 08:48 AM
I'm often wrong, sometimes right. I'm bloody will right (Supertramp) about Hardy. Stay on as Chairman? Good job this has been exposed. He needs to go and go now. He could always change his name.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 08:49 AM
I agree The Mirror weren't looking for this. Weird how all these stories are coming through them. Like someone is drip feeding them information. They never state it was through their own investigations that they came by the information.

Totally agree with that. Although my current theory is the one last week was Hardy trying to put pressure on the SA group, this new one is the SA group returning fire

legs77
08-06-2019, 09:00 AM
As I said a few days back cowboys and its looking more likely each passing day.

One group not reveal anything and now this guy who most didnt want from the start anyway. GREAT

LilCrazyKim
08-06-2019, 09:16 AM
There's always something else lurking round the corner with Notts County isn't there?

I find this news strangely reassuring. At best these bidders are out of the frame (as they would be for any normal football club, and there in lies the problem). At worst the fans know what we're up against if they do succeed in gaining control and we won't buy the hype or have to wait months to discover their malevolent intentions.

legs77
08-06-2019, 09:21 AM
You are right Kim no chance can May takeover now this has come out sounds a horrible bloke.

slack_pie
08-06-2019, 09:34 AM
You are right Kim no chance can May takeover now this has come out sounds a horrible bloke.

I think it truly would be the end of Notts if they did take control.

LilCrazyKim
08-06-2019, 09:43 AM
I would also say (looking desperately for reasons to be cheerful here), that even if Hardy isn't prepared to ditch them as a result of this revelation, Notts have had the added protection of Haydn Green's trustees. If AH won't nip this in the bud they can.

upthemaggies
08-06-2019, 09:56 AM
Can we just call this shyster by his real name and not some deed poll pseudonym to avoid detection? His name is Alick Kapikanya.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/24/article-2611531-1D4F456C00000578-872_306x423.jpg

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article7023697.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Alick-Kapikanya.jpg

We can put a picture to the name as well.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 10:08 AM

So you are going to suck this one up then? Jesus Christ.

Hardy needs calling out on this, it's not going to happen.

bridpie78
08-06-2019, 10:12 AM
So you are going to suck this one up then? Jesus Christ.

Hardy needs calling out on this, it's not going to happen.

In other news notts county have just won the Nigerian lottery,we just have to advance 200k and the funds will be receiving imminently into our account by paypal.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 10:14 AM
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fraudsters-jailed-over-35m-mortgage-7023550

A flamboyant fraudster enjoyed a luxury lifestyle after stealing £3.5m in an elaborate mortgage scam.

Alick Kapikanya led a gang of con artists who stole the identities of elderly homeowners, secretly seized ownership of their houses and then repeatedly remortgaged them.

Horrified homeowners had to fight to reclaim legal ownership of their own houses whilst Kapikanya travelled everywhere in chauffeur-driven limousines, stayed in luxury West End hotels and gambled away £170,000 in a single night.

PS is Scoop onto to this yet, given that he was supposedly giving these Shysters' bid some credibility? This is where having no local journalist capable of asking the important questions comes back to bite you on the arse.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 10:24 AM
There's always something else lurking round the corner with Notts County isn't there?

We shouldn't really be surprised. You have to question very closely the motives of everybody who expresses an interest in taking over a business that has effectively failed for decades. You've either got to be a football nut or a publicity seeker with more money than sense, or a fraudster looking to exploit the panic and desperation of your prey to make a killing and strip what remains of an emaciated carcass. Russell King walked in, pocketed our season ticket money and then walked out again.

Oldstripy
08-06-2019, 10:40 AM
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fraudsters-jailed-over-35m-mortgage-7023550

A flamboyant fraudster enjoyed a luxury lifestyle after stealing £3.5m in an elaborate mortgage scam.

Alick Kapikanya led a gang of con artists who stole the identities of elderly homeowners, secretly seized ownership of their houses and then repeatedly remortgaged them.

Horrified homeowners had to fight to reclaim legal ownership of their own houses whilst Kapikanya travelled everywhere in chauffeur-driven limousines, stayed in luxury West End hotels and gambled away £170,000 in a single night.

PS is Scoop onto to this yet, given that he was supposedly giving these Shysters' bid some credibility? This is where having no local journalist capable of asking the important questions comes back to bite you on the arse.

He is Russell King and munto mk2.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Surely the club needs to act quickly and put out a press statement officially ruling the Kapikanya consortium out of the race. It's inconceivable (especially with our Munto history) that the club could be put in the hands of this individual and his associates, and for every hour that goes by without this officially being ruled out, the club's reputation suffers further damage.

Livid
08-06-2019, 10:55 AM
The club is Hardy

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Surely the club needs to act quickly and put out a press statement officially ruling the Kapikanya consortium out of the race. It's inconceivable (especially with our Munto history) that the club could be put in the hands of this individual and his associates, and for every hour that goes by without this officially being ruled out, the club's reputation suffers further damage.

The club is Hardy though, and money is at stake for him. He needs a second bidder to compete with the first.

Meanwhile, I think I may have been a little hard on Leigh Curtis, given he is unequivocal in his comments about these fraudsters on his Twitter acount. Who knows, maybe he tipped the Mirror off because the Post were scared of/bullied into not posting the story.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1137109880131784706

All talks should cease immediately if anybody has any modicum of common sense.

The deal can't go any further. Simple as that. Absolutely dead in the water. Or is should be.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 10:56 AM
The club is Hardy

After about 50 edits to mine, you beat me to it!

Livid
08-06-2019, 10:57 AM
And I had to create a new account because the old one was long gone ;)

And I think you are correct about Leigh

MagpieMike
08-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Why? There has been no official statement by the Club or Hardy that they are seriously considering this bid as far as I can tell. If a crook offers to buy something from me, does that make me a crook? If the Fit and Proper Person test means anything (questionable I know) they this guy would never be able to own Notts. Assuming that the Mirror story is true.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Why? There has been no official statement by the Club or Hardy that they are seriously considering this bid as far as I can tell. If a crook offers to buy something from me, does that make me a crook? If the Fit and Proper Person test means anything (questionable I know) they this guy would never be able to own Notts. Assuming that the Mirror story is true.

The Mirror cannot make up facts like that and backdate stories in the Manchester evening paper to change history. It happened, the guy is a crook, and I bet Hardy knows it. Mind you, given his carelessness in appointing managers, maybe he didn't bother to check.

Livid
08-06-2019, 11:03 AM

Blimey, did we learn nothing from Munto? The directors of the club and the efl betrayed us last time, I don't know what we can do, but we can at least be angry.

The thing we love is under threat, for crying out loud.

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Doesn't anyone else find it 'interesting' that only the Mirror is carrying this tale so far? Drip fed for strategic purposes IMHO.

LaxtonLad
08-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Surely the club needs to act quickly...for every hour that goes by without this officially being ruled out, the club's reputation suffers further damage.

Are you sure our reputation is diminishing every hour? Do think people think less of us now than when you wrote that? And even less by tonight if they hear nothing?

legs77
08-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Either SA group or Scoop has leaked it.

The bloke needs a rope round his neck what he did to OAPs disgusting.

theory_extinct
08-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Doesn't anyone else find it 'interesting' that only the Mirror is carrying this tale so far? Drip fed for strategic purposes IMHO.

Them and that paper in Aberdeen (at least with the first story).

A lot of complaints here about the May consortium and how it compares to Munto. At least this time we know his background - we know he's a convicted fraudster. His group are identifiable. Doesn't make them the preferred choice for many of us. But, what exactly do we know about the South Africans, other than some deleted hints on here? We know who is representing them, well we knew that Trembling represented Munto and look how that turned out. Not suggesting they're the same as Munto, but THAT consortium feels a lot more like Munto than the May consortium.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 11:34 AM
A lot of complaints here about the May consortium and how it compares to Munto. At least this time we know his background - we know he's a convicted fraudster. His group are identifiable. Doesn't make them the preferred choice for many of us.

OK we don't know the SA group conned pensioners out of thier houses to remortgage them and then spend the money on chauffeur driven limousines and casinos, so they are obviously a greater threat. Jesus.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Please tell me you're not going to be an apologist for this lot as well.

theory_extinct
08-06-2019, 11:41 AM
OK we don't know the SA group conned pensioners out of thier houses to remortgage them and then spend the money on chauffeur driven limousines and casinos, so they are obviously a greater threat. Jesus.

Where did I say they're the greater threat? jesus.

The point I obviously failed to make is that an informed decision can be made about the May group - and that is we don't want them. The same can't be said about the other group. People just saw a hint of a connection to a restaurant tycoon and jumped with joy - just like the Trust did when they saw the Munto "proof of funds". Personally I'm keeping an open mind on this, without enough information its the only thing we can do in my opinion.

slack_pie
08-06-2019, 11:47 AM

What a nasty *******. The Mirror article mentioned that he was upfront about his past with the other members of the group, probably giving the whole 'I was wrong, but I've changed' shtick, but seriously, who in their right mind would do business with a scumbag like that?

upthemaggies
08-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Either SA group or Scoop has leaked it.

The bloke needs a rope round his neck what he did to OAPs disgusting.

He's done time for it, but when you've done something like that you need to find something that isn't going to place you in the spotlight, you need to quietly get on with the rest of your life, hopefully becoming a better person. This absolutely is not what he should be getting himself involved in, his past was bound to come out sooner or later because of it.

legs77
08-06-2019, 11:57 AM
He's done time for it, but when you've done something like that you need to find something that isn't going to place you in the spotlight, you need to quietly get on with the rest of your life, hopefully becoming a better person. This absolutely is not what he should be getting himself involved in, his past was bound to come out sooner or later because of it.

Yes he has done time but not long enough imo he could have caused people he conned serious stress or a heart attack.

Maybe I am being harsh with my comments but I certainly wouldnt deal with him.

I think this is the end of him being involved with us now.

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Please tell me you're not going to be an apologist for this lot as well.

Eh? You've lost me there. I'm simply suggesting that this is being spoon fed to Nursey by the preferred group or their representatives. Not quite sure what you're inferring with 'apologist' and 'as well'?

BanjoPie
08-06-2019, 12:02 PM
It may be that hardy needed at least 2 potential buyers at the table in order to get the best price for the club, with just one, he would get stuffed so perhaps the May/Dodds lot are his mates who actually never intended to buy the club!
(Just call me sceptical)

Bernard_Bresslaw
08-06-2019, 12:08 PM
What a nasty *******. The Mirror article mentioned that he was upfront about his past with the other members of the group, probably giving the whole 'I was wrong, but I've changed' shtick, but seriously, who in their right mind would do business with a scumbag like that?

It isn't like he can use the 'I made a mistake which I regret line' which often gets trotted out, he was a grown man who perpetuated a complex fraud stealing pensioners' homes and getting others to fraudulently assume their identities. Over a considerable period of time. When he was a grown man. That isn't someone who will change their ways. Kenworthy has also done time as apparently has one of the owners of May's 'backers' Cygnet - also for fraud apparently.

The issue isn't who puts in a bid - clearly Hardy can't control this. The problem is that he has clearly courted this shower for a good couple of months, if not longer. If he didn't know all of this then what the hell made him sure this was one of the groups who were a safe pair of hands? If he did then all the sanctimonious garbage about making sure any potential owners could move the club forwards was a pack of lies. I'd lean towards thinking he just hadn't bothered digging deep enough as even he would know the risks of staying involved once they owned the place

LilCrazyKim
08-06-2019, 12:10 PM
On another note, I see Gateshead have been relegated to NL North and Aldershot reprieved at the NL's AGM. I would guess by the silence on any other issue that we've been accepted into the NL and they were satisfied enough that we aren't 'doing a Boston'?

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 12:13 PM
I would guess by the silence on any other issue that we've been accepted into the NL and they were satisfied enough that we aren't 'doing a Boston'?

Let's hope so!

ncfcog
08-06-2019, 12:22 PM
On another note, I see Gateshead have been relegated to NL North and Aldershot reprieved at the NL's AGM. I would guess by the silence on any other issue that we've been accepted into the NL and they were satisfied enough that we aren't 'doing a Boston'?

Yes we have, points deduction if we go into admin but will stay in NL.

ncfcog
08-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Got a call about an hour ago from a very happy Shots official with the news. We did discuss that it wasn’t great for fans and staff at Gateshead but it appears they have been victims of yet another unscrupulous owner … allegedly.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Club statement:

"Notts County are aware of recent press reports regarding the involvement of Alex May in a prospective takeover of the club.

The club will be speaking to the group about the involvement of Mr May, who has been acting as their advisor only, to establish their plans moving forward."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/alex-may-statement/

ncfcog
08-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Club statement:

"Notts County are aware of recent press reports regarding the involvement of Alex May in a prospective takeover of the club.

The club will be speaking to the group about the involvement of Mr May, who has been acting as their advisor only, to establish their plans moving forward."

So they’re still in the running then … ****ing great :(

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 12:36 PM
Club statement:

Weasel words. Note that the club (Hardy) do admit the 'May' consortium were involved in talks to buy the club, although, despite the consortium being identified by his name, his role is being underplayed. Maybe one of the other convicted criminals could take his place at the helm? Or maybe we just have a lying clown as an owner.

GranthamPie
08-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Club statement:

Can someone... anyone... give me a credible reason that a “consortium” would seek the advice of a known crook, conman who stole millions of pounds from pensioners?

... and his name is not Mr May... it’s Alick Kapikanya.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 12:39 PM
So they’re still in the running then … ****ing great :(

I seem to remember Russell King was only an "advisor" too. That's how he kept clear of the fit & proper persons investigation, naming various stooges as the main players but secretly pulling all the strings using his Lord Voldemort alias.

Bernard_Bresslaw
08-06-2019, 12:41 PM
ah so apparently he was only advising them after all. All those references to it being 'his consortium' for about 8 weeks and references to his 'backers' must've been wrong then. Also pure coincidence that they've tried to distance him from the remaing old lags in the group after his Scooby Doo mask has been removed. "Why it's Mr Kapikanya! It was you all along!"

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Can someone... anyone... give me a credible reason that a “consortium” would seek the advice of a known crook, conman who stole millions of pounds from pensioners?

There is no reason, Hardy needs calling out on this. It's a disgrace that he's considering selling us to people like this whilst pretending to ensure the new owners would have our best interests at heart.

Old_pie
08-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Weasel words. Note that the club (Hardy) do admit the 'May' consortium were involved in talks to buy the club, although, despite the consortium being identified by his name, his role is being underplayed. Maybe one of the other convicted criminals could take his place at the helm? Or maybe we just have a lying clown as an owner.

Isn't it this consortium that is prepared to keep AH on? Club run by Fools & Fraudsters - could make a TV series out of that title! Just need a 3-wheeled monorail, or maybe a wheelbarrow without a wheel.

ncfcog
08-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Serious question: Is AH better off if he sells or does it make no difference to him personally if the club folds? Does the lure of staying on at the club as suggested be too much for his ego to ignore. Would he have anything left out of £6m if he had to use it to clear debts and pay back loans etc? I really don’t trust this idiot to do anything other than what is best for him.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 12:56 PM
There is no reason, Hardy needs calling out on this. It's a disgrace that he's considering selling us to people like this whilst pretending to ensure the new owners would have our best interests at heart.

I hope I'm not going to regret saying this, but I don't think Alan Hardy would put the club in the hands of these guys. For all his faults, I don't think he has ever had malicious intent. I think he bought the club with good intentions and simply over-reached himself, and now he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As others have suggested, he has possibly been using the May/Kapikanya offer as a means of getting what he wants from the South African bidder, but if that's the case, then the Mirror report has well and truly put paid to that. Given our past experiences, no Notts County fan would accept another group of owners fronted by or tainted by connections to a convicted fraudster.

There's only one statement that would suffice, and that's to say that this guy and his associates are out of the running and negotiations continue with the South Africans, although who knows who or what their history is? God what a mess!

legs77
08-06-2019, 12:59 PM
The club will fold if this lot get their hands on us.

Hardy seems a saint compared to this lot and all con artists make out "someone" else is the main man you see it all the time when shops get closed down etc.

McCullochisGod
08-06-2019, 01:03 PM
I'm often wrong, sometimes right. I'm bloody will right (Supertramp) about Hardy. Stay on as Chairman? Good job this has been exposed. He needs to go and go now. He could always change his name.

What from Alan to Oliver?

McCullochisGod
08-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Club statement:

What! They haven't done this already after all this time?

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 01:06 PM
There's only one statement that would suffice, and that's to say that this guy and his associates are out of the running and negotiations continue with the South Africans, although who knows who or what their history is? God what a mess!

Yeah, that is what is needed.

Let's give Hardy the benefit of the doubt and imagine he wouldn't knowingly sell us to fraudsters, he's still the boy who went to market with a cow and came back with some beans. And these ones aren't magic.

I would rather see us have to go into admin and then be bought out of it by the SA group or anyone else than these disgusting people. No way would I give money to someone who robs pensioners.

McCullochisGod
08-06-2019, 01:09 PM

Yes. The same way we employ one who stole thousands from a children's charity. It's not uncommon at the club you know.

Big Bob
08-06-2019, 01:10 PM
The club will fold if this lot get their hands on us.

Hardy seems a saint compared to this lot and all con artists make out "someone" else is the main man you see it all the time when shops get closed down etc.

I think it'll all end on tears. This is all planned to get rid of the club as it's prime building land for Riverside development. Nothing more sinister than businessmen.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Isn't it this consortium that is prepared to keep AH on? Club run by Fools & Fraudsters - could make a TV series out of that title! Just need a 3-wheeled monorail, or maybe a wheelbarrow without a wheel.

The thing about people with fraudulent intent is that they know how to prey on other people's weaknesses and desperation, and as we know, Alan Hardy's weakness is that he does (or perhaps did) enjoy the profile of being Notts County chairman when things were going well. So perhaps it isn't surprising if they offered him a chance to retain the profile and sold him the dream that they will invest enough to turn the club around and restore his reputation. In reality, it's more likely he would simply be used like another Peter Trembling, the PR man trying to paper over the cracks and hide all the chaos behind the scenes.

nw6pie
08-06-2019, 01:20 PM
The thing about people with fraudulent intent is that they know how to prey on other people's weaknesses and desperation, and as we know, Alan Hardy's weakness is that he does (or perhaps did) enjoy the profile of being Notts County chairman when things were going well. So perhaps it isn't surprising if they offered him a chance to retain the profile and sold him the dream that they will invest enough to turn the club around and restore his reputation. In reality, it's more likely he would simply be used like another Peter Trembling, the PR man trying to paper over the cracks and hide all the chaos behind the scenes.

I’m 95% sure you’re right, and that we’ll know in 7-10 days.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Yeah, there's a lot of truth in that, but Trembling was better at it than Hardy. Also, I think Leigh Curtis was behind this revelation (he at least seems to have spoken to the Mirror)

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/status/1137343458836959233?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Neither did the people at Chesterfield know who he really was when I spoke to people there and neither did the Mirror at first. So if you’re gonna come for me, at least get your facts right.

And I agree with him on this:

Why even take the trouble to find out what May’s involvement is? All talks should cease immediately. What part of ‘jailed for fraud’ is not understood?

Hardy's daughter will have to have another go at him now. Or the Clown himself under another false name.

LilCrazyKim
08-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of truth in that, but Trembling was better at it than Hardy.

And Trembling didn't come with the baggage of having already made a terrible mess of things!

legs77
08-06-2019, 01:36 PM
I have said for a while Curtis takes too much stick from some of our fans.

He can only report what he us told and we know pretty much zero from SA party and that a few in this one have been to prison.

Hardy should be ending the deal NOW with them so the club statement says alot about him as well.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 01:41 PM
I have said for a while Curtis takes too much stick from some of our fans.

I've been one of those to give him stick at times, and we don't know whether he is connected with this Mirror article or not, but whoever investigated and blew the whistle on this potential catastrophe knows who they are, and they deserve the gratitude of Notts County fans.

McCullochisGod
08-06-2019, 01:46 PM
And Trembling didn't come with the baggage of having already made a terrible mess of things!

He is still a two bob toss pot though.

legs77
08-06-2019, 01:53 PM
I've been one of those to give him stick at times, and we don't know whether he is connected with this Mirror article or not, but whoever investigated and blew the whistle on this potential catastrophe knows who they are, and they deserve the gratitude of Notts County fans.

His webchats can be very pointless I agree as the only thing we care about is the takeover but if the Nottm Post dont give him the resources he is limited in what he can find out.

I guess the first thing a journo would do is ask Chesterfield about May etc they dodged a bullet thankfully.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 01:55 PM

He could mean the Mirror didn't know at first until he told them (because I doubt the NP would touch this story), or they only just found out because they have been tipped off by the SA Group. There's no reason the Mirror would have investigated this without someone giving them the lead.

Either way he isn't afraid to stand up to Hardy now and tell it like it is, which is to his credit.

LilCrazyKim
08-06-2019, 01:56 PM
He is still a two bob toss pot though.

Of course. But he was a fresh face and didn't already have a reputation when he became the public face of Munto. It was far easier for him to sell their lie than it would be for Hardy with this group, given that his reputation is already in tatters.

LaxtonLad
08-06-2019, 02:00 PM

And in turn, can you tell me how Alan Hardy can prevent "...someone...anyone..." from employing who they wish and making a bid for the club?

legs77
08-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Some digging about says May didnt get Chesterfield as they missed a few payment deadlines in the words of Trew "Tyrekickers".

Looks like alot of Sheff Utd links to this group as well Kenworthy/Chester/other bloke we cant name too.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 02:30 PM
And in turn, can you tell me how Alan Hardy can prevent "...someone...anyone..." from employing who they wish and making a bid for the club?

You can't prevent them from bidding, but when you know who they are associating with, you can certainly refuse to negotiate with them any further. I'll give Alan Hardy the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know the full picture about Alex May until now, because none of us did until we read the Mirror article, but now we do know, it should certainly be a point of elimination for that bid.

The question for me now is whether the South Africans are fit and proper persons. If they are, then they appear to be the only credible bidders left in town. Alan Hardy either does the best deal he can with them, continues to run the club himself if he has sufficient money left (which seems unlikely), or puts the club into administration to protect it as best he can. If it's the latter option, then at least the administrator rather than Hardy is responsible for assessing the reliability of any future bidders.

Freeman25
08-06-2019, 02:46 PM
You could make a brilliant TV series out of all the **** that happens at Meadow Lane

ivansneck
08-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Yes. The same way we employ one who stole thousands from a children's charity. It's not uncommon at the club you know.

Who's that?

MAD_MAGPIE
08-06-2019, 02:55 PM
You can't prevent them from bidding, but when you know who they are associating with, you can certainly refuse to negotiate with them any further. I'll give Alan Hardy the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know the full picture about Alex May until now, because none of us did until we read the Mirror article, but now we do know, it should certainly be a point of elimination for that bid.

The question for me now is whether the South Africans are fit and proper persons. If they are, then they appear to be the only credible bidders left in town. Alan Hardy either does the best deal he can with them, continues to run the club himself if he has sufficient money left (which seems unlikely), or puts the club into administration to protect it as best he can. If it's the latter option, then at least the administrator rather than Hardy is responsible for assessing the reliability of any future bidders.

What a complete and utter mess. How did it come to this? Thankfully this group has had an unsavoury character flushed out in the public domain by the mirror article.

It’s a completely despicable crime that was carried out. All planned no doubt and must have had awful financial and psychological consequences of the elderly victims. Preying on vulnerable elderly people in such a way is the lowest of the low.

Anyone who thinks a person who carries out these crimes deserves a second chance wouldn’t say that if it was their parents, grandparents or elderly relatives who had been a victim.

I don’t want this group anywhere near our great football club, ever!

All talks with this group should be off with immediate effect if Alan Hardy has got any form of social or moral compass.

ncfcog
08-06-2019, 03:01 PM
All talks with this group should be off with immediate effect if Alan Hardy has got any form of social or moral compass.

And this, I’m afraid is what everything hangs on right now … god help us!

GranthamPie
08-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Speaking to the Mirror, Dodd confirmed May had come clean about his past and that he is helping them try to seal a takeover of Notts.

“Alex May, when we were first introduced, disclosed to everyone about his conviction,” he said.

“He has changed his name. He came clean and told us and everyone involved in this transaction is aware of that.

“He deserves a second chance, everyone makes mistakes in life and that is what we are doing.

“That is on the record, everyone involved in this project knows his background. He has spent the last 10 years trying to restore his reputation. He has been helping us with his knowledgeable contacts.”

Little is known about Dodd, but according to Companies House, a new company entitled 'Meadow Lane Project' was created on April 26.
————————

10 years restoring his reputation
but only jailed in 2014? Ffs... what did he do in 2009?

Little is known about Dodd?
Yup...international man of mystery.... no google... nothing... zilch..

“Meadow Lane” project?
I bet.

We are being stitched up...and the club (cough) know it

Braddpie
08-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Gary Hanson is mentioned as the former Sheffield player in the np report
Last I heard of him he was a independent financial advisor working out of west Hallam
Not sure of his level of investment or if he has much money at all

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Speaking to the Mirror, Dodd confirmed May had come clean about his past and that he is helping them try to seal a takeover of Notts.

“Alex May, when we were first introduced, disclosed to everyone about his conviction,” he said.

“He has changed his name. He came clean and told us and everyone involved in this transaction is aware of that.

“He deserves a second chance, everyone makes mistakes in life and that is what we are doing.

“That is on the record, everyone involved in this project knows his background. He has spent the last 10 years trying to restore his reputation. He has been helping us with his knowledgeable contacts.”

Little is known about Dodd, but according to Companies House, a new company entitled 'Meadow Lane Project' was created on April 26.
————————

10 years restoring his reputation
but only jailed in 2014? Ffs... what did he do in 2009?

Little is known about Dodd?
Yup...international man of mystery.... no google... nothing... zilch..

“Meadow Lane” project?
I bet.

We are being stitched up...and the club (cough) know it

The address that the Meadow Lane project goes to is for a solicitors called Austin Moore that make no reference of Dodd. They also specialise in Creole languages apparently? Which is a little odd but it's certainly a USP!

Might have a little dig and see how Dodd is connected to this Austin Moore solicitors

jackal2
08-06-2019, 03:25 PM
What a complete and utter mess. How did it come to this? Thankfully this group has had an unsavoury character flushed out in the public domain by the mirror article.

It’s a completely despicable crime that was carried out. All planned no doubt and must have had awful financial and psychological consequences of the elderly victims. Preying on vulnerable elderly people in such a way is the lowest of the low.

Anyone who thinks a person who carries out these crimes deserves a second chance wouldn’t say that if it was their parents, grandparents or elderly relatives who had been a victim.

I don’t want this group anywhere near our great football club, ever!

Absolutely.

At the risk of getting flack from MiG, I think Alan Hardy does have a social and moral compass. I think he bought Notts County FC with genuine intentions and could not have envisaged in his worst nightmare just how badly things would go wrong. For me, he's a businessman who did very well in another industry, perhaps got over-confident and beguiled by the dream of being a Notts County owner, and sadly has found himself in way over his head in an obscene, cut-throat football industry. He has pretty well admitted as much himself. He has lost almost everything he built up, and his failure has impacted on many other people too. I think that does hurt him deeply, and I think he bitterly regrets some of the decisions he has made. Some of his statements and behaviour of late have been erratic and unreliable, but I think that's a symptom of a guy flailing about in a desperate situation, rather than someone being deliberately deceitful for malicious intent. Nobody is immune from making terrible decisions in life and then making the situation worse as they try to dig themselves out of it, but that does not make you a fundamentally bad person. Let those who are infallible or without sin cast the first stone. We all make mistakes, it's just that some mistakes are bigger than others.

There are other people who fall into a very different category. People who have no conscience whatsoever and are willing to treat others in the most appalling way simply to get their hands on money and indulge their own fantasies and lead a lavish lifestyle. These are not people you want to associate with in any way, shape are form.

Whatever genuine mistakes Alan Hardy has made, he can still demonstrate that he has the most fundamental qualities of decency by taking a stand and saying he won't do business with these types of individual. He needs to make the best decisions he can to protect the football club and then step away and rebuild his career. He was successful before and he can be again.

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Absolutely.

At the risk of getting flack from MiG, I think Alan Hardy does have a social and moral compass. I think he bought Notts County FC with genuine intentions and could not have envisaged in his worst nightmare just how badly things would go wrong. For me, he's a businessman who did very well in another industry, perhaps got over-confident and beguiled by the dream of being a Notts County owner, and sadly has found himself in way over his head in an obscene, cut-throat football industry. He has pretty well admitted as much himself. He has lost almost everything he built up, and his failure has impacted on many other people too. I think that does hurt him deeply, and I think he bitterly regrets some of the decisions he has made. Some of his statements and behaviour of late have been erratic and unreliable, but I think that's a symptom of a guy flailing about in a desperate situation, rather than someone being deliberately deceitful for malicious intent. Nobody is immune from making terrible decisions in life and then making the situation worse as they try to dig themselves out of it, but that does not make you a fundamentally bad person. Let those who are infallible or without sin cast the first stone. We all make mistakes, it's just that some mistakes are bigger than others.

There are other people who fall into a very different category. People who have no conscience whatsoever and are willing to treat others in the most appalling way simply to get their hands on money and indulge their own fantasies and lead a lavish lifestyle. These are not people you want to associate with in any way, shape are form.

Whatever genuine mistakes Alan Hardy has made, he can still demonstrate that he has the most fundamental qualities of decency by taking a stand and saying he won't do business with these types of individual. He needs to make the best decisions he can to protect the football club and then step away and rebuild his career. He was successful before and he can be again.

I'm putting my tin hat on as I type this, but I think that's absolutely spot on.

jackal2
08-06-2019, 03:44 PM
I'm putting my tin hat on as I type this, but I think that's absolutely spot on.

Thank you. If you want to look out for the grenades coming from the right, I'll try and spot the ones coming from the left. :s :D

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Thank you. If you want to look out for the grenades coming from the right, I'll try and spot the ones coming from the left. :s :D

I have a horrible feeling they're behind us with pitchforks and flaming torches though...

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 03:54 PM
I have a horrible feeling they're behind us with pitchforks and flaming torches though...

I'll watch the back, I agree with both of you. I don't think Hardy is maliciously making errors but out of his depth. Hopefully he has given his head a wobble and is going with the south African group

legs77
08-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Hardy should be ruling him out as soon as the news broke.

The fact he hasn't is scary he has given a nothing statement about looking into it there is nothing to look into he is a convict and its a fact.

GranthamPie
08-06-2019, 04:22 PM
I'll watch the back, I agree with both of you. I don't think Hardy is maliciously making errors but out of his depth. Hopefully he has given his head a wobble and is going with the south African group

As we know next to nothing about the “South African Group” or what their intentions are, or if indeed they exist outside the tiny mind of our illustrious owner, I’ll reserve judgement.

jonnyt1
08-06-2019, 04:40 PM
I agree about Hardy as well. I honestly believe he meant well, tried his best and has lost his wife, businesses and driving license in this pursuit.

I also believe he will do the right thing and ditch May.

There is also no way the Haydn Green trustees are going to change the lease to allow the fraudster to kick us off Meadow Lane.

americanpie
08-06-2019, 04:47 PM

I also agree: my thoughts entirely.

But now he has lost his only bargaining lever in keeping the price (up) for the best deal.

Does anyone remember the statement that Lou levin's grandson is part of the South African consortium?
Lou, an ex director of Notts, loved the club, and that leads me (rightly or wrongly) to look favorably on them.

Chicken Balti Pie
08-06-2019, 04:48 PM
As we know next to nothing about the “South African Group” or what their intentions are, or if indeed they exist outside the tiny mind of our illustrious owner, I’ll reserve judgement.

As far as I'm aware they don't have two convicted people linked to their group and an asset stripper

GranthamPie
08-06-2019, 04:51 PM
I also agree: my thoughts entirely.

But now he has lost his only bargaining lever in keeping the price (up) for the best deal.

Does anyone remember the statement that Lou levin's grandson is part of the South African consortium?
Lou, an ex director of Notts, loved the club, and that leads me (rightly or wrongly) to look favorably on them.

That was an Australian Consortium... long since left the scene.

americanpie
08-06-2019, 05:04 PM
That was an Australian Consortium... long since left the scene.

Apologies : I am old .....and forgetful !:confused:

Oldstripy
08-06-2019, 05:05 PM

Are you aware that the SA's have already passed the EFL fit and proper persons test.

countygump
08-06-2019, 05:06 PM
You could make a brilliant TV series out of all the **** that happens at Meadow Lane

Notts Landing???

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/status/1137336975382470656

slack_pie
08-06-2019, 05:56 PM

The fact he hasn't is scary he has given a nothing statement about looking into it there is nothing to look into he is a convict and its a fact.

That's what I was thinking. That official statement seemed to be paying lip service, when really we should tell the May group that any negotiations with them are now off. I swear, it would be the end of the club if they get their way.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 06:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. That official statement seemed to be paying lip service, when really we should tell the May group that any negotiations with them are now off. I swear, it would be the end of the club if they get their way.

It suggests he may have known already.

theory_extinct
08-06-2019, 06:11 PM

Totally ignoring the fact that Leigh Curtis has had direct contact with their representatives. Or is he in on the fabrication too?

Simon the Pieman
08-06-2019, 06:23 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself. Anyone read the Post article where with regard to the takeover bid by the Lavender Hill Mob; "everyone deserves a second chance". Crap. Hardy must not continue negotiations with "Alex May" and get on with the SA deal. I do think he knows what he's doing and is intent on staying on as Chairman. Moron.

theory_extinct
08-06-2019, 06:29 PM
I do think he knows what he's doing and is intent on staying on as Chairman. Moron.

Got concrete evidence, or just opinion?

leeh769
08-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Yes, I actually feel very sorry for AH, he definitely supported all his managers, he could lose EVERYTHING because he tried to make Notts a success, I feel bad if I lose £10 on Football bet, just imagine AH feelings 😵

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 06:34 PM

Sure, it's totally unreasonable to have reservations about people who steal money from pensioners, isn't it?

MAD_MAGPIE
08-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Absolutely.

Absolutely spot on. Two perfectly good examples of what a person is with good intentions who has made mistakes (Alan Hardy) and a person with bad intentions who has not made mistakes because they knew full well what they were doing (a convicted fraudster.)

Unfortunately football has sucked Alan Hardy in chewed him up and spat him out. It is a ultimately a game and one he has lost dearly. He gambled and lost big time. I do firmly believe that he will do the right and honourable thing and walk away from any negotiations with the group with the convicted fraudster in it. Although the statement on the club website at this point in time is quite wooly and non committal.

It has always been a concern of mine that while the club is at its lowest ever ebb it could become vulnerable to attracting the vultures and the wrong kind of purchaser.

If one thing a lot of Notts fans are its cautious and sceptical about prospective owners and what their intentions are for this significant institution of English Football. They have every reason to be of this mindset as this century there have been a few unsavoury characters who have floated around the club when it’s been for sale. But that scepticism can also be our strength and ward off the wrong kind of custodian for this family club.

Whoever spoke to the mirror or where they got a lead from deserves respect and credit from the Notts supporters.

Whilst there will be private and confidential business and matters that we will not know about behind the scenes we need to keep our ears and eyes open when it comes to prospective new owners as to who they are and what their intentions maybe.

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Sure, it's totally unreasonable to have reservations about people who steal money from pensioners, isn't it?

Eh? Your responses today are increasingly bizarre :D Are you OK? You know fine well that I'm talking about the Hardy haters, not those who are rightly angry about the 'Alex May' connection, the latter of which I rather hope includes both you and I.

Bohinen
08-06-2019, 07:48 PM
Eh? Your responses today are increasingly bizarre :D Are you OK? You know fine well that I'm talking about the Hardy haters, not those who are rightly angry about the 'Alex May' connection, the latter of which I rather hope includes both you and I.

I'm fine thanks. There's a thing you do, it's called gaslighting. If you have a problem with my views then argue against them in a normal way. Go for the ball, not the man.

No-one started off hating Hardy, certainly not me (check if you like) but he has been a massive disappointment. And yes, like Jackal says, he could do the right thing and have nothing to do with these people, but there is no sign of that from his statement today. It also would appear this development is not news to him, he just seems to be simply reacting to the disclosure of the facts, and underplaying them.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/crisis-club-notts-county-respond-2956800

SwalePie
08-06-2019, 07:52 PM
I'm fine thanks. There's a thing you do, it's called gaslighting. If you have a problem with my views then argue against them in a normal way. Go for the ball, not the man.

No-one started off hating Hardy, certainly not me (check if you like) but he has been a massive disappointment. And yes, like Jackal says, he could do the right thing and have nothing to do with these people, but there is no sign of that from his statement today. It also would appear this development is not news to him, he just seems to be simply reacting to the disclosure of the facts, and underplaying them.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/crisis-club-notts-county-respond-2956800

Fair enough. You're right. Apology for the gaslight but you do often invite it

Example: "Sure, it's totally unreasonable to have reservations about people who steal money from pensioners, isn't it?" clearly insinuating that I think it unreasonable, when nothing of the sort is true ;)

Old_pie
08-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Absolutely spot on. Two perfectly good examples of what a person is with good intentions who has made mistakes (Alan Hardy) and a person with bad intentions who has not made mistakes because they knew full well what they were doing (a convicted fraudster.)

Unfortunately football has sucked Alan Hardy in chewed him up and spat him out. It is a ultimately a game and one he has lost dearly. He gambled and lost big time. I do firmly believe that he will do the right and honourable thing and walk away from any negotiations with the group with the convicted fraudster in it. Although the statement on the club website at this point in time is quite wooly and non committal.

It has always been a concern of mine that while the club is at its lowest ever ebb it could become vulnerable to attracting the vultures and the wrong kind of purchaser.

If one thing a lot of Notts fans are its cautious and sceptical about prospective owners and what their intentions are for this significant institution of English Football. They have every reason to be of this mindset as this century there have been a few unsavoury characters who have floated around the club when it’s been for sale. But that scepticism can also be our strength and ward off the wrong kind of custodian for this family club.

Whoever spoke to the mirror or where they got a lead from deserves respect and credit from the Notts supporters.

Whilst there will be private and confidential business and matters that we will not know about behind the scenes we need to keep our ears and eyes open when it comes to prospective new owners as to who they are and what their intentions maybe.

It now seems that AH is prepared to go to bed with the people he knows to have deceived but then given the amount of deception he has performed maybe they will make good partnership.

For a while now I've believed that AH's sole intentions have been self-promotion and the May consortium is the one offering to keep him on aren't they. We need the National League to declare AH and these people to be NOT fit and proper persons.

AH is a deluded spin doctor and appears to be prepared to sell his soul and I hope the good people of Nottingham make their voices heard loud and clear.

Perhaps a few more might now sign the petition that was set up at:

https://www.change.org/p/notts-county-owners-we-don-t-want-alan-hardy-at-notts-county-football-club

The current count of 8 is pretty sad but if there is a better way of spreading the message I'll go along with it.

GranthamPie
08-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Signed.... I’m sick of the cnut

Freeman25
09-06-2019, 12:30 AM
Am i the only person that doesn't care how much Hardy gets from the sale? The only reason he's lost so much money is because he's wasted it, he doesn't get any sympathy from me I'm afraid. Nobody forced him to sack Nolan and spend loads bringing in Kewell, then sack him and spend a decent amount on Ardley. Nobody forced him to sign David Vaughan and he was behind the overhaul in playing style after a playoff campaign. Nobody made him buy/save Ilkeston either, clearly thats the level he should be at as a rookie owner/chairman as he's been shocking at Notts no matter how much money he's thrown at it.

Yeah he "saved us" when he initially came in but just as there is now when we're in an even worse position there are always other bidders out there who could have taken over at that time. They could have been worse, they could have been better, who knows? But the idea that he was our savious because nobody else would have come in is silly

McCullochisGod
09-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Yes, I actually feel very sorry for AH, he definitely supported all his managers, he could lose EVERYTHING because he tried to make Notts a success, I feel bad if I lose £10 on Football bet, just imagine AH feelings 😵

It's your fault if you lose a bet on football as it was your choice just as its been Hardy's choices that have brought this club to its knees. Feel sorry for him? It's all his own making and eventually you reap what you sow. Some are sorry he lost his driving license, well keep to the limit! Some are sorry he lost his wife, well don't flash online! It's not difficult is it?

BanjoPie
09-06-2019, 08:49 AM
It's your fault if you lose a bet on football as it was your choice just as its been Hardy's choices that have brought this club to its knees. Feel sorry for him? It's all his own making and eventually you reap what you sow. Some are sorry he lost his driving license, well keep to the limit! Some are sorry he lost his wife, well don't flash online! It's not difficult is it?

You’re all heart mig - it can’t be an easy life being so bitter

ivansneck
09-06-2019, 09:21 AM
You’re all heart mig - it can’t be an easy life being so bitter

But in this case he’s right IMO. All Hardy’s mistakes were avoidable and self inflicted and all to satisfy his ego.

jackal2
09-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Are you aware that the SA's have already passed the EFL fit and proper persons test.

Now you mention it, I do recall reading that somewhere, although I've read a lot of things recently and not all of them turn out to be true! :rolleyes:

If that is the case though, then it reiterates the idea that the South Africans are the only credible bidders remaining. It's too late for any new players to enter the field and undertake due diligence before 10th July.

BigFatPie
09-06-2019, 09:57 AM
How come an anonymous poster on here is more informative than any of the traditional media?

Fair play to iamITK if he turns out to be right and I hope he is.

Oldstripy
09-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Now you mention it, I do recall reading that somewhere, although I've read a lot of things recently and not all of them turn out to be true! :rolleyes:

If that is the case though, then it reiterates the idea that the South Africans are the only credible bidders remaining. It's too late for any new players to enter the field and undertake due diligence before 10th July.

The SA's took the test in case we stayed in League 2.

Agree with you that they are the only creditable bidders now.