PDA

View Full Version : Killlie

Returnofrros
16-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Seem to get managers with a wee bit of pedigree without much problem.

noahrab
16-06-2019, 07:52 PM

Very strange appointment.

Mudskipper
16-06-2019, 08:37 PM
He's on a hiding to nothing ,Clarke over achieved more than at any time I can remember they were relegation candidates when he took over ,don't know much about the guy but with that pedigree and CV seems strange to end up in Ayrshire...I'll give him till Christmas....:P

Returnofrros
16-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Very strange appointment.

Strange, surprising, different, radical, blunder, genius....who knows.....it does make our selection of Jazza who beat off Kenny Miller and Goodwin an uninterested John Robertson and Derek Adams and 145 other unknowns a bit ordinary.

I'll take ordinary if it works though.

hmac
17-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Strange, surprising, different, radical, blunder, genius....who knows.....it does make our selection of Jazza who beat off Kenny Miller and Goodwin an uninterested John Robertson and Derek Adams and 145 other unknowns a bit ordinary.

I'll take ordinary if it works though.

More than likely helped by Steve Clarke and his network of connections on this one.

On the other hand -

26 years in a row in the top league
2 major trophies in recent times
18,000 plus stadium that belongs to them and now valued over £6 million
Prudent wage spending in the past
Prudent wage spending now - 2018 £2.8million salaries in £5.2million turnover is not a bad ratio
Benefitted from Naismith sale in 2007 for about £2 million to stabilise them when they needed it

A well run stable club these days after some nightmare scenarios in the early 90's when they were even in the 3rd tier. St Johnstone often get trotted out as a model club but I think Killie are better, and never get left out for example they are in Elite tier of Project Brave.

Shuntz
17-06-2019, 08:22 AM
are we just falling further and further behind similar sized clubs or is it just me being grumpy ?? .,,

Also imo we need to watch that we don’t do a Falkirk next season .

I hope we don’t go down the route of signing players just for the sake of it but recruitment is even more ***** this season.

Returnofrros
17-06-2019, 08:42 AM
are we just falling further and further behind similar sized clubs or is it just me being grumpy ?? .,,

Also imo we need to watch that we don’t do a Falkirk next season .

I hope we don’t go down the route of signing players just for the sake of it but recruitment is even more ***** this season.

Yes.

Think of it this way

How many smaller clubs are above us?

How many bigger clubs are below us?

If your looking for stability look no further than killie, Motherwell and St j......god knows how long their combined continuous top flight status is but must be around 60 years plus.

Although until recently with killie these 3 teams supports haven't really responded to the success they have had on the park.

petermackie
17-06-2019, 09:04 AM

Not sure that's true...they got lucky with Clarke imo...before that they had Jefferies Calderwood Johnson Locke Shiels McCulloch and Mixu ffs...not much pedigree there

Returnofrros
17-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Not sure that's true...they got lucky with Clarke imo...before that they had Jefferies Calderwood Johnson Locke Shiels McCulloch and Mixu ffs...not much pedigree there

Jeffries no pedigree??? Tango man b4 he got ill no pedigree???

They cud both probably appear at crufts.

petermackie
17-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Jeffries no pedigree??? Tango man b4 he got ill no pedigree???

They cud both probably appear at crufts.

Seriously Calderwood has won 2 Fife cups and spent big money at Aberdeen to win fu@k all... Jefferies did win the Scottish Cup with Hearts...but he would get football stopped

Returnofrros
17-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Seriously Calderwood has won 2 Fife cups and spent big money at Aberdeen to win fu@k all... Jefferies did win the Scottish Cup with Hearts...but he would get football stopped

Just aff the top of my head, promoted with pars, sc final, European football and think he finished 3rd or 4th with them.

Also seem to remember him taking the dons to last 32 in Europe.

Saved killie from the drop which at the time they may never have recovered from.

Jeffries was very pragmatic and got the best out of what he had at his disposal.

Give me tango man or jj in their pomp over any manager bar jocky and The Bomber (obviously) we have had this century.

petermackie
17-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Just aff the top of my head, promoted with pars, sc final, European football and think he finished 3rd or 4th with them.

Also seem to remember him taking the dons to last 32 in Europe.

Saved killie from the drop which at the time they may never have recovered from.

Jeffries was very pragmatic and got the best out of what he had at his disposal.

Give me tango man or jj in their pomp over any manager bar jocky and The Bomber (obviously) we have had this century.

All about opinions I suppose

Returnofrros
17-06-2019, 05:06 PM
All about opinions I suppose

Locke, mcculloch and Johnson I agree with....Sheils had a bit of a pedigree and mixu what's the ****ing point was a pedigree prick though I do miss him.