PDA

View Full Version : Protests: Straw Poll

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 01:43 PM
From a personal perspective, I honestly think the club is hurtling into oblivion and I’m getting angrier by the day. At what point do we, as supporters say, enough is enough and protest our feeling outside the club?

Here’s a straw poll.... how many supporters on here are willing to protest?

I’m not interested in the “what good it will do” argument... we’re well beyond arguing the toss about that and I’m not opening up a debate.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

ireallyhateforest
25-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes.

SwalePie
25-06-2019, 01:48 PM
Re. your first question, "At what point do we, as supporters say, enough is enough and protest our feeling outside the club?", do you think we 'dare' hold off until 10th July? (Not opening a debate, just clarifying question ;) )

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 01:48 PM
In answer to that Swale... No

SwalePie
25-06-2019, 01:52 PM
In answer to that Swale... No

Agreed. I'd say give this week as last chance for some kind of genuine clarity to come from the club/AH/IPS or all. On that basis I'm a yes after July 10th.

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-06-2019, 01:52 PM
I will protest but wait till after July 10th l feel is the correct decision on this occasion.

BudBundy
25-06-2019, 02:02 PM
I will protest but wait till after July 10th l feel is the correct decision on this occasion.
Agree.

navypie
25-06-2019, 02:04 PM
No.

SwalePie
25-06-2019, 02:17 PM

I tend to agree although some kind of interim clarity seems essential for the long suffering fans to me. If there's still no info after the weekend it's just not good enough IMHO.

ivansneck
25-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Yes, next week it has to start

BigFatPie
25-06-2019, 02:32 PM
The time to protest was at Swindon, or maybe after the Exeter home game when I remember emotions were running particularly high.

The next chance is our next home game. If we ever have one.

viper68
25-06-2019, 02:32 PM

We'll be finished after the 10th,there's nothing the fans can do Hardy will not listen to anybody that's why we're in this mess

navypie
25-06-2019, 02:40 PM
The time to protest was at Swindon, or maybe after the Exeter home game when I remember emotions were running particularly high.

The next chance is our next home game. If we ever have one.

I thought you would be a yes, waving it around is your thing.

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Isn't that called Hosing it around. 🤣

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-06-2019, 02:53 PM
I tend to agree although some kind of interim clarity seems essential for the long suffering fans to me. If there's still no info after the weekend it's just not good enough IMHO.

Swale its not been good enough for many years, l am off on holiday on Friday l am hoping there maybe positive news B4 l go, but l will not be holding my breath.

If we protest it might be a good idea to go to Hardy Towers Bleasby & meet at the Wagon & Horses & charge the Drinks Bill to Hardy Towers, after all what's a few hundred quid more on his debt.

BanjoPie
25-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Its a big NO from me - Protesting in this instance will be a total waste of time & effort, just wait till things are sorted - might not be anything to protest about when we do.

BanjoPie
25-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Swale its not been good enough for many years, l am off on holiday on Friday l am hoping there maybe positive news B4 l go, but l will not be holding my breath.

If we protest it might be a good idea to go to Hardy Towers Bleasby & meet at the Wagon & Horses & charge the Drinks Bill to Hardy Towers, after all what's a few hundred quid more on his debt.

Whatever hardy may or may not have done, no-one has the right to intrude on his personal life

Simon the Pieman
25-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Yes, after the HMRC hearing. Angrier by the minute Grantham? By the second here.

pjace
25-06-2019, 03:17 PM
I'm probably angrier than i realize and yes i'd like to protest what have you in mind Grantham

pielover
25-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Its a big NO from me - Protesting in this instance will be a total waste of time & effort, just wait till things are sorted - might not be anything to protest about when we do.

I'm a big yes, sort of agree with the after the 10th of July but if others are turning up before I will support.

Can I ask Banjo why he is a "big NO"? Do you object to people wasting their own time or effort? Its back to the old "its his club and he can do anything he wants with it" discussion.

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Ok... consensus on here is a little mixed...but elsewhere on Facebook and Twitter, the consensus is to act.

There is a WhatsApp group set up to discuss next steps.

Please feel free to join in the conversation..

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H06UjY7gwFjCJ7218qIeFf

JoePass
25-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Ok... consensus on here is a little mixed...but elsewhere on Facebook and Twitter, the consensus is to act.

There is a WhatsApp group set up to discuss next steps.

Please feel free to join in the conversation..

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H06UjY7gwFjCJ7218qIeFf

I am honestly past caring anymore.

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 03:38 PM
I understand that mate but we can’t go down without a fight.

... we just cant

optipez
25-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Unless anyone's got a pile of money under their pillow, it's pointless.
Hardy isn't allowed to give the club away, nobody will pay what he wants and needs.
Who are we actually going to pointlessly shout at on the street corner?

It's beginning to look like the only useful thing that can be done is to contact the people who got the supporters Trust up and running last time, ask their advice and hope we've another gem like like Haydn Green hiding somewhere.

slack_pie
25-06-2019, 03:48 PM
I am livid. Never felt so low as a Notts fans. If I lived in the UK, I'd absolutely be up for it - as long as it's clear we are protesting about the lack of information surrounding the club's future, not relegation and financial issues (as that's all water under the bridge now).

We need to force the club to be open about what's going on.

BigFatPie
25-06-2019, 03:49 PM

In your dreams Sinbad, in your dreams.

durhampie
25-06-2019, 03:54 PM

I agree with that..

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Doesn’t matter... it’s already happening. It can’t be stopped now.

navypie
25-06-2019, 03:57 PM
In your dreams Sinbad, in your dreams.

Nightmare.

countygump
25-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Nightmare.

Not that keen on protests, but at the end of the day, what with the state we're in and the lack of info from the club, I'm not sure what else you would expect fans to do.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/lilian-greenwood-mp-writes-notts-3018959?fbclid=IwAR2lC36v9Ixlikdlz49ra8KKHubv-cTAKtlaqQ8xmVY8WrpJLgL3AazBIEI

Livid
25-06-2019, 05:24 PM
I am livid.

No, I am... oh, I see

slack_pie
25-06-2019, 05:26 PM
No, I am... oh, I see

>;)

ncfcog
25-06-2019, 05:28 PM
People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is it’s an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

SwalePie
25-06-2019, 05:41 PM
People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is it’s an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I fear you could be right. Someone eloquent needs to organise and lead rather than everyone diving into a free for all. This could already be the case of course.

Elite_Pie
25-06-2019, 06:03 PM
I fear you could be right. Someone eloquent needs to organise and lead rather than everyone diving into a free for all.

I don't do any form of social media, so when I clicked the link in post #21 it says "Open WhatsApp on your phone". I don't have WhatsApp on my phone and have no inclination to get it. I am as frustrated as anyone about the state of our club, but I'd like to know exactly what we are protesting about before deciding whether or not to join.

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 06:04 PM

Lawsuit?... I know the Tories are in charge but people still do have a right to protest in 2019

BanjoPie
25-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Stupid idea in the first place thought up and carried on by stupid brainless people!! - serves the protesters right if they end up in court.

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Stupid idea in the first place thought up and carried on by stupid brainless people!! - serves the protesters right if they end up in court.

Wow... you’re really angry about this aren’t you? Shame your anger doesn’t extend to the reckless destruction of our football club.

... bit of advice.. don’t brand fellow supporters of being brainless.

jackal2
25-06-2019, 06:34 PM
In June 2009, 93% of the Supporters' Trust members who cast a vote elected to sell the club to Munto Finance, and the vast majority of other non-Trust fans supported that decision at the time, publicly or privately, having grown sick of the financial limitations of fan ownership.

The reasons were entirely understandable, but the fact is that everybody who did so - me included - effectively purchased a ticket for the lottery that is putting your football club (back) in the hands of private ownership, be that an individual or a consortium. It has remained in private ownership ever since.

Private owners have sole control to do what they wish, and the club belongs to them, not the fans. I'm not saying that the alternative would have worked any better, but the reality is you take your chances as to whether private owners deliver you to heaven or hell.

Frigiliana Pie 1
25-06-2019, 06:54 PM
I’d have thought it would be worth waiting for two things before starting any protest movement.

The first would be the outcome of the efforts being made by the local MP. As I understand it, she undertook to seek a meeting with Hardy to obtain as much information as she could about what is happening to the takeover and the club. It might be that she gets nowhere, but surely it’s worth a short wait to see if she makes any progress.

The second is the court hearing on 10 July. If the plea being made to the court goes something like “we need a bit more time for the takeover to go through, but we expect that another 4 weeks will be enough “ , then the court is entitled to start asking some detailed questions this time, rather than accepting a bland assurance - which is what it has seemed to do so far. The replies to these questions, “who?” “Why a further hold up beyond the timescale previously presented?” and “What’s the issue beyond the club’s control?” could be revealing. That’s if the court asks them.

Glad2BeAPie
25-06-2019, 07:35 PM
But still begs the question, what good will a protest do

bridpie78
25-06-2019, 07:41 PM
No
I'm sorry to say i just don't care enough any more ,i'll wait and see what happens and accept our fate, we have been a basket case of a club for 2 decades now and we're lucky to have survived this long.

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 07:43 PM
But still begs the question, what good will a protest do

It will put pressure on the current owner to reveal, who, what, if, when. To be more transparent with the very people who pay their wages. To stop hiding behind fictitious NDAs and SAs consortiums.

To do nothing is no longer an option... either sit on your hands and let the club die or do something about it. Your choice.

GranthamPie
25-06-2019, 07:44 PM
No
I'm sorry to say i just don't care enough any more ,i'll wait and see what happens and accept our fate, we have been a basket case of a club for 2 decades now and we're lucky to have survived this long.

Perhaps that’s exactly what the owner wants you to do?

bridpie78
25-06-2019, 07:48 PM
Perhaps that’s exactly what the owner wants you to do?

To be honest i really don't care what the owner wants.

I personally think it would have a negative effect, a protest would draw media attention, as always with notts for negative reasons that make us even more of a laughing stock, if we are going into next season as we are and don't fold then that negativity may transfer to whats left of the playing and coaching staff destabilising us even further

Lullapie
26-06-2019, 01:06 AM
Plastic

Lullapie
26-06-2019, 01:10 AM
Damn, I saw the thread title and thought it was about what kind of straw I preferred.

I'm easy going really. The only straw I don't like is the Jack (Straw) variety.

Dunce
26-06-2019, 02:29 AM
Damn, I saw the thread title and thought it was about what kind of straw I preferred.

I'm easy going really. The only straw I don't like is the Jack (Straw) variety.

I thought it was about one of Wurzel Gummidge's old girlfriends.

slack_pie
26-06-2019, 03:59 AM
I don't do any form of social media, so when I clicked the link in post #21 it says "Open WhatsApp on your phone". I don't have WhatsApp on my phone and have no inclination to get it. I am as frustrated as anyone about the state of our club, but I'd like to know exactly what we are protesting about before deciding whether or not to join.

The lack of information coming out of the club regarding our future. I think most of us have now accepted that we're a crap non-league club with no money, and that's fine, but as the lifeblood of the club, we expect to be kept in the loop (to the extent legally possible) about what the hell is going on.

MAD_MAGPIE
26-06-2019, 05:08 AM
The lack of information coming out of the club regarding our future. I think most of us have now accepted that we're a crap non-league club with no money, and that's fine, but as the lifeblood of the club, we expect to be kept in the loop (to the extent legally possible) about what the hell is going on.

This is where I’m at. The club has been up for sale since January. The lack of any form of transparency or openness about a takeover is concerning. If it is indeed true about NDA’s being in place then that is fair enough, but we have heard nothing but snippets and tit bits.

The would be new owners must also realise how much a lack of takeover is impacting on the club and it’s supporters with each passing day.

It’s sad that people are saying they are not bothered and don’t care anymore. We can’t stand by and just let our club die. It’s not the Notts County way. The fans and the club have been through a lot and yes it’s at its lowest ebb. We have 157 years of history at stake here. But like other clubs we can rise again.

If fans want to protest then that is their choice, and I fully sympathise with fans frustrations and anger. It’s growing by the day the longer this saga continues. It’s what the protest is about that needs to be made clear.

jonnyt1
26-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Why would anyone buy us now unless they want to build on Meadow Lane given we have insufficient players in important positions to be anything other than relegation fodder.

McCullochisGod
26-06-2019, 05:53 AM
Agreed. I'd say give this week as last chance for some kind of genuine clarity to come from the club/AH/IPS or all. On that basis I'm a yes after July 10th.

After the 10th will be too late. After the horse has bolted and all that. For christ's sake grow a pair be really controversial and say YES!

SwalePie
26-06-2019, 10:39 AM
After the 10th will be too late. After the horse has bolted and all that. For christ's sake grow a pair be really controversial and say YES!

Thank you for your kind advice MiG. Noted. I appreciate what you say regarding the horse bolting on the 10th but that is technically the 'official' date at which we find out whether we are actually in the **** or simply 'feel' like we're in the ****. Personally I'm of the opinion that protesting won't help much BUT as it's all fans can really do to express their feelings it may at least put pressure on AH to come clean(er). I'm not prone to being controversial for the hell of it, as you have repeatedly pointed out, however, I am just as concerned as everyone else about the horrendous news blackout we're under.

navypie
26-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Thank you for your kind advice MiG. Noted. I appreciate what you say regarding the horse bolting on the 10th but that is technically the 'official' date at which we find out whether we are actually in the **** or simply 'feel' like we're in the ****. Personally I'm of the opinion that protesting won't help much BUT as it's all fans can really do to express their feelings it may at least put pressure on AH to come clean(er). I'm not prone to being controversial for the hell of it, as you have repeatedly pointed out, however, I am just as concerned as everyone else about the horrendous news blackout we're under.

"news blackout". According to durham,all you have to do is phone Notts and they will provide an update.

SwalePie
26-06-2019, 10:53 AM
"news blackout". According to durham,all you have to do is phone Notts and they will provide an update.

If only :)

navypie
26-06-2019, 11:00 AM
If only :)

I rang them but first of all, they asked if I would like to buy a season ticket. When I said I had already bought one, all I heard was laughter before the line went dead.

SwalePie
26-06-2019, 11:02 AM
I rang them but first of all, they asked if I would like to buy a season ticket. When I said I had already bought one, all I heard was laughter before the line went dead.

Did they say 'So you're the one!' before it went dead?

navypie
26-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Did they say 'So you're the one!' before it went dead?

No, but my wife did when I first met her.

60YearsAPie
26-06-2019, 11:10 AM
No, but my wife did when I first met her.

She should have gone to Specsavers! ;D

ivansneck
26-06-2019, 11:11 AM
From the NEP. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/lilian-greenwood-mp-writes-notts-3018959

Let's hope she can get some truth out of the *&^%$£

navypie
26-06-2019, 11:23 AM
She should have gone to Specsavers! ;D

She should have.

navypie
26-06-2019, 11:30 AM
From the NEP. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/lilian-greenwood-mp-writes-notts-3018959

Let's hope she can get the truth "out" and that he keeps everything else in.

SwalePie
26-06-2019, 11:35 AM

Indeed. Don't think it needs another new thread of it's own though, so have merged it into the 'Straw Poll' thread where it was discussed before. Hope that's OK. ;)

Jeekay56
26-06-2019, 11:40 AM

She's an MP, I doubt she would recognise the truth!

Dunce
26-06-2019, 11:43 AM
When I said I had already bought one, all I heard was laughter before the line went dead.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂👍

MAD_MAGPIE
26-06-2019, 12:48 PM

Hypothetically speaking if the club were up the proverbial creek without a paddle then I'd sooner we know about it before it's too late.

I still don't understand why the club accounts have not been published on the Companies House website from June 17 to June 18 as they were due four months ago. So that will mean a fine.

So out of Alan Hardy's 2 1/2 year rein the only filed accounts on Companies House are from the first 6 months to June 17. What's going on?

kill_the_drum
26-06-2019, 01:03 PM
I’m not following the purpose and action that can come from a protest. And who are we protesting at? I’m guessing the staff are as in the dark as us!
All people can ask is for an update. Then what?
Whatever outcome that awaits Notts is still going to be the same.

centenarypie
26-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Hypothetically speaking if the club were up the proverbial creek without a paddle then I'd sooner we know about it before it's too late.

I still don't understand why the club accounts have not been published on the Companies House website from June 17 to June 18 as they were due four months ago. So that will mean a fine.

So out of Alan Hardy's 2 1/2 year rein the only filed accounts on Companies House are from the first 6 months to June 17. What's going on?

The failure to file accounts at Notts and other businesses is sheer coincidence, and the collapse of various businesses mere bad luck. We must be grateful there is no funny stuff going off.

cher1
26-06-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm a 'no' to protesting because I think it's preferable to put that energy into doing something positive. Let's see how things unfold leading up to, and on, the 10th. If we are in deep sh*t, then maybe some of you could set up a supporters group and start some serious fundraising. It might take that to save the club.

BanjoPie
26-06-2019, 02:41 PM
I could play protest song :p

how about "down down - deeper and down"

countygump
26-06-2019, 02:47 PM
The failure to file accounts at Notts and other businesses is sheer coincidence, and the collapse of various businesses mere bad luck. We must be grateful there is no funny stuff going off.

Facebook protest group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/439117430261478/

60YearsAPie
26-06-2019, 02:58 PM
Facebook protest group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/439117430261478/

It seems you need a facebook account to access this.

BanjoPie
26-06-2019, 03:07 PM

I wouldn't bother!

Simon the Pieman
26-06-2019, 03:48 PM
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
MPs actions are useful as they have to be recorded, they don't go away and put the spotlight on bad men. I can think of a really bad man.

countygump
26-06-2019, 04:17 PM
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
MPs actions are useful as they have to be recorded, they don't go away and put the spotlight on bad men. I can think of a really bad man.

All crisis are we???

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-countys-problems-referenced-parliament-3022639

jackal2
26-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Rules me out then. It will be a cold day in hell before you find me on Facebook.

GranthamPie
26-06-2019, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't bother!

But we will... and we are

Livid
27-06-2019, 07:49 AM
I salute the people that are prepared to take action on this, but hope that they can find something legal and non-intimidatory. For various reasons, the only thing I'm prepared to do at the moment is keep my hard-earned in my pocket.

Big Bob
27-06-2019, 08:30 AM
I've done caring. Hardy has destroyed everything and everyone connected to the club. He's like a dose of herpes. Disappears for a while but doesn't quite f**k off

ncfcog
27-06-2019, 08:35 AM
I've done caring. Hardy has destroyed everything and everyone connected to the club. He's like a dose of herpes. Disappears for a while but doesn't quite f**k off

Another one with experience of the old clap clinic on Glasshouse Street. No wonder Owd Boot used to do so well back in the day XD

marshall55
27-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Reckon this will need media cover to have any impact, NEP, BBC Sport, or even Sky, let them know.

ForeignLegion
27-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Down here, Brisbane I think, we have had green ferals super glueing themselves to the main roads in the city, to protest the massive planned Adani mine. Indian owned and a hugely unpopular decision by the Qld gov't to give the go ahead.

Maybe Notts protesters could do similar and super glue themselves to the goal posts or the home team bench.

marshall55
27-06-2019, 10:08 AM
At Rolls Royce nxt week maybe.

60YearsAPie
27-06-2019, 10:25 AM
But we will... and we are

Not having access to facebook I've no idea what exactly is being arranged and what the protests are actually about? Can someone put me in the picture?

Bohinen
27-06-2019, 02:26 PM
I think any protest should take place at his precious golf club. And yes it is time for action. It's not like last time we were in admin, the cause isn't just lack of cash, it's the behaviour of one man, who needs to be opposed.

Still some people think he's just been unlucky, which I find incredible.

centenarypie
27-06-2019, 05:19 PM
I think any protest should take place at his precious golf club. And yes it is time for action. It's not like last time we were in admin, the cause isn't just lack of cash, it's the behaviour of one man, who needs to be opposed.

If he has been unlucky may I be the first to wish him even more bad luck

Chicken Balti Pie
27-06-2019, 06:06 PM

Absolutely bang on. The only reason he's holding out for the price he is is to rescue his golf club. He won't see a penny of that rumoured £5m. If he truly wanted to, he could sell for £1 be be done with it

burtpie
27-06-2019, 06:09 PM
If nothing heard by the middle of next week I feel some sort of action should be taken by the fans, so YES from me.

jurgenpie
28-06-2019, 07:34 AM
Notts County Protest.

Date: Saturday 6th July.
Time: From 11am.
Place: Jimmy and Jack statue. Meadow Lane.

Protest to be continued at the Nuneaton game.

We as Notts County supporters need reassurance that our club will be safe after the HMRC hearing on the 10th July.

We are aware administration could be a possibility but we want to know there is still a club and a future for it.

Our grievance isn't towards the club or staff. Our grievance is with regard to the lack of information communicated over the current position and future of the club since being relegated in May

Our main question and fear is over liquidation, which would see the end of our beloved club.

Mr Hardy we ask "Are Notts County safe?"

We ask supporters for a lawful and peaceful protest with no violence or threatening behaviour.

- Please wear Notts shirts/black and white.

- Appropiate banners. E.g. All Notts aren't we!
What would Jimmy Say?

Let's show Alan Hardy, it's history and it's fans are valued and worth it.

ALL NOTTS AREN'T WE!!

BanjoPie
28-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Notts County Protest.

Date: Saturday 6th July.
Time: From 11am.
Place: Jimmy and Jack statue. Meadow Lane.

Protest to be continued at the Nuneaton game.

We as Notts County supporters need reassurance that our club will be safe after the HMRC hearing on the 10th July.

We are aware administration could be a possibility but we want to know there is still a club and a future for it.

Our grievance isn't towards the club or staff. Our grievance is with regard to the lack of information communicated over the current position and future of the club since being relegated in May

Our main question and fear is over liquidation, which would see the end of our beloved club.

Mr Hardy we ask "Are Notts County safe?"

We ask supporters for a lawful and peaceful protest with no violence or threatening behaviour.

- Please wear Notts shirts/black and white.

- Appropiate banners. E.g. All Notts aren't we!
What would Jimmy Say?

Let's show Alan Hardy, it's history and it's fans are valued and worth it.

ALL NOTTS AREN'T WE!!

You have forgotten that Hardy is a huge fan of Notts - thats why he bought the club and saved in the first place!!. Just bloody wait till things are sorted as they will be very shortly.

Bohinen
28-06-2019, 07:49 AM
You have forgotten that Hardy is a huge fan of Notts

He supports Liverpool

GranthamPie
28-06-2019, 08:26 AM
You have forgotten that Hardy is a huge fan of Notts - thats why he bought the club and saved in the first place!!. Just bloody wait till things are sorted as they will be very shortly.

You’re getting all worked up again... why? And you seem very sure things will be sorted “very shortly”. Explain

Btw.... we’re doing this... and we’re boycotting and protesting at all games until we get the truth.

tiedinnotts
28-06-2019, 08:30 AM
How do you expect Notts supporters to be patient when no clarity from official sources is forthcoming.
People who have paid for season tickets are concerned as are most notts supporters, we all feel we deserve to be kept more informed about what's happening.
Why do you believe that it will all be sorted soon?
Do you have inside information or you just an optimist, glass half full etc

legs77
28-06-2019, 08:38 AM

Things aren't getting sorted though we know that all the staff haven't been paid and that Tim Bradd has jumped ship it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out why.

Stop burying your head in the sand we pretty much have 13 days left as a football club I guess he can fit his legendary 7-10 days time frame into this again the fact he is saying nothing is worrying I don't expect a 24 hour update but some corporate line would do.

Its no wonder Paragon have gone under if this is how he runs his other business interests.

BanjoPie
28-06-2019, 10:24 AM
You’re getting all worked up again... why? And you seem very sure things will be sorted “very shortly”. Explain
;D;D

Chicken Balti Pie
28-06-2019, 10:34 AM
;D;D

You seem to be in the know, if so, please tell me it's not the fraudster?

BanjoPie
28-06-2019, 10:39 AM
You seem to be in the know, if so, please tell me it's not the fraudster?

I know nothing - really

60YearsAPie
28-06-2019, 10:45 AM
I know nothing - really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNeM7mXdXwI

BanjoPie
28-06-2019, 02:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNeM7mXdXwI

XD Always makes me laugh - could do with a good laugh right now

GranthamPie
28-06-2019, 11:48 PM
XD Always makes me laugh - could do with a good laugh right now

The only laugh is you.. hook, line, sinker.

... fool

McCullochisGod
29-06-2019, 12:58 AM
He supports Liverpool

Exactly, he doesn't support NCFC, if he did he would do the right thing.

Old_pie
29-06-2019, 09:30 AM

How many times does it have to be said that he wasn't? I doubt that before his interest in owning a football club that he'd set foot in Meadow Lane, and if he did it would have only been a handful of times. Doubt that he would have seen Masson, Bradd, & co.

He is a supporter of local football and that is all he has ever said and at that level Eastwood I think was his team.

It was only last year (iirc) that he discovered that Lifeline existed and didn't he then unilaterally change the prize?

Oh, and the only thing he is a huge fan of is Alan Hardy. The rest was supposed to be a means of getting adulation. Worked for a while but it doesn't pay the bills.

countygump
01-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Saturday:

Dave Wakefield‎
to
Notts County Protest Group
Admin · 4 hrs

Our protest at Meadow Lane this Saturday 6th July from 11am is to show solidarity between the fans and that we care hugely for our club.

We are not willing to step aside and want our voices heard and questions answered.

(1) When will staff and players be paid their June wages which they were due last Friday?

(2) In early March you said the sale of the club could be concluded within a month. In early June you said it was imminent. When will a sale be completed?

(3) Why are you still in talks with a consortium that includes a convicted fraudster Alex May?

(4) Who are the backers behind the South African consortium which you say wants to buy Notts County?

(5) Has there been any correspondence with the FA regarding either of these two groups?

(6) What guarantee can you give the 1,500-plus fans who have already bought season tickets for 2019-20 that they will not be left out of pocket?

(7) Will you be able to pay the minimum £250,000 tax bill which Notts County to the HMRC before the deadline of the court hearing of July 10?

(8) Have you personally, or any company of which you are the sole director, been paid any money by the club in the past four weeks?

(9) If the club is unable to pay the debts it owes, is it currently trading whilst insolvent?

(10) If a sale of the club is not agreed within the next week, would you be willing to place Notts County into administration in order to save the club?

This isn't a witch hunt for a man whose position and ego got the better of him. This is a show of support for a much loved and valued club that deserves a stable and prosperous future.

See you at Meadow Lane this Saturday.

ALL NOTTS AREN'T WE!

countygump
01-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Interview with protest organiser tonight on Central News @ 6pm:

Dave Wakefield : Tune into Central News tonight from 6. We've been interviewed regarding the protest this Saturday.

GranthamPie
01-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Top man is Dave. I'll be there on Saturday. COYPs