PDA

View Full Version : May's consortium or liquidation?

LaughingMagpie
28-06-2019, 09:09 AM
There has been a lot said about May's consortium and that people wouldn't go if they took over but if it came down to May's consortium or liquidation which would you choose?

1955pie
28-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Norman Smurthwaite

countygump
28-06-2019, 09:12 AM
I think I'd choose admin before May's consortium if at all possible.

legs77
28-06-2019, 09:16 AM
We aren't in control of anything so we as fans simply don't have the choice to pick & choose.

My point still stands if May takes over he won't get a penny off me that is funding a criminal and i'm not doing that & I suspect many are in the same boat.

Smurf is not exactly Mr Popular either but he looks a saint compared to what is sniffing around.

LaughingMagpie
28-06-2019, 09:22 AM
We aren't in control of anything so we as fans simply don't have the choice to pick & choose.

My point still stands if May takes over he won't get a penny off me that is funding a criminal and i'm not doing that & I suspect many are in the same boat.

Smurf is not exactly Mr Popular either but he looks a saint compared to what is sniffing around.
Just playing devils advocate. Hasn't he served his time?

LaughingMagpie
28-06-2019, 09:24 AM

So you would prefer liquidation to the May consortium?

Bohinen
28-06-2019, 09:24 AM
I would also prefer admin. When that happens, Hardy has no say in who takes over and gets no money for the business itself. He obviously favours the May consortium because they have promised him a good price for the club and maybe continuing in his role as chairman. I will not watch Notts with either May or Hardy involved.

Whoever then buys the club will be whoever is prepared to give the creditors the best deal, which, in turn, is likely to be the group with the most available funds. That must be a good starting point and will rule out the worst scumbags.

Chicken Balti Pie
28-06-2019, 09:29 AM
No, he was jailed for 6 years in 2014, he very much hasn't, he's obviously out on license as his term finishes in 2020

countygump
28-06-2019, 09:31 AM
I would also prefer admin. When that happens, Hardy has no say in who takes over and gets no money for the business itself. He obviously favours the May consortium because they have promised him a good price for the club and maybe continuing in his role as chairman. I will not watch Notts with either May or Hardy involved.

Whoever then buys the club will be whoever is prepared to give the creditors the best deal, which, in turn, is likely to be the group with the most available funds. That must be a good starting point and will rule out the worst scumbags.

Precisely:

SwalePie
28-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Definitely admin.

SwalePie
28-06-2019, 09:35 AM
I would also prefer admin. ...........

.......Whoever then buys the club will be whoever is prepared to give the creditors the best deal, which, in turn, is likely to be the group with the most available funds. That must be a good starting point and will rule out the worst scumbags.

Spot on.

legs77
28-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Just playing devils advocate. Hasn't he served his time?

He hasn't yet served his time but doing what he did was disgusting i'm not defending what he did he is a man in his 40's old enough to know better then changed his name clearly to hide his past.

Also where did I say I prefer liquidation I just said I won't give May a penny of my money others would go to the game that is their choice and not something i'd have a go at them for.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
28-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Which ever you decide on it’s all because Alan Hardy has ruined us !!

MagpieMike
28-06-2019, 10:33 AM
There has been a lot said about May's consortium and that people wouldn't go if they took over but if it came down to May's consortium or liquidation which would you choose?

No sane person wants either of these options. May's consortium looks very suspect, and I seriously doubt they have the cash. Liquidation means NCFC cease to exist, and I imagine you don't want that unless you are a closet Reds fan, and even most of them wouldn't want that for us.

The alternative is admin. Hardy is never going to choose liquidation over admin, as with liquidation he gets zilch, with admin, he might get something, even if only a proportion of debt paid so his golf club can continue to function.

Anyone who thinks the May consortium is anything other than a con needs to wake up. What the City Council have said is enough to show its founded on lies and half truths.

Admin could be the start of better things for the Club, as we should hopefully emerge debt free. I'd take the points deduction for the Club to be able to rebuild from the ground up. Of course if there is anyone waiting in the wings with the money to buy the Club without admin, and invest for the future, that would be the best of all worlds, but time is running out on that possibility.

Chicken Balti Pie
28-06-2019, 10:46 AM
May's consortium if the personel are correctly reported are made up of many jail birds

Alick Kapikanya (Alex May) 6 years for Fraud
Tony Kenworthy - perverting the course of justice
Nazmu Virani (Cygnet property chairman) - BCCI Fraud

Of course, there is also the links to old Reg as well. If they take over the club, we are dead anyway so I'd rather take my chances on admin. Smurf is way more palatable than this bunch and several others are also waiting in the wings apparently

premierleaguescores
28-06-2019, 10:47 AM

I presume that you hold back taxes from the government if you don't like funding criminals

Bohinen
28-06-2019, 11:02 AM
The alternative is admin. Hardy is never going to choose liquidation over admin, as with liquidation he gets zilch, with admin, he might get something, even if only a proportion of debt paid so his golf club can continue to function.

If Notts are liquidated, he might get asked some very awkward questions by the Official Receiver. One of them might be about this:

Wrongful Trading: Where the director continued to trade and incurred more debts after they knew or ought to have known that the company was insolvent.

https://www.aabrs.com/services/advice/happens-director-company-winding-order-issued/

legs77
28-06-2019, 11:06 AM
I presume that you hold back taxes from the government if you don't like funding criminals

Obviously not as I have no choice in that but I do in this so no need to be smart.

navypie
28-06-2019, 11:43 AM
May's consortium if the personel are correctly reported are made up of many jail birds

Alick Kapikanya (Alex May) 6 years for Fraud
Tony Kenworthy - perverting the course of justice
Nazmu Virani (Cygnet property chairman) - BCCI Fraud

Of course, there is also the links to old Reg as well. If they take over the club, we are dead anyway so I'd rather take my chances on admin. Smurf is way more palatable than this bunch and several others are also waiting in the wings apparently

Sounds like they have all the qualities required to make a bid for Forest.

SwalePie
28-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Just seen a Facebook comment from a Forest supporter suggesting Marinakis should buy us. Initially I was horrified but then I began to see some potential in it. He could get an immense PR boost from doing so given his shady reputation, he clearly has the dosh, and if he's allowed to own both a NL and an EFL club, why not? If we got promoted he could then potentially re-sell us at a profit or at least recoup his money. He could even help us with a blinkin' training ground. Thoughts?

Am I bonkers?

Chicken Balti Pie
28-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Just seen a Facebook comment from a Forest supporter suggesting Marinakis should buy us. Initially I was horrified but then I began to see some potential in it. He could get an immense PR boost from doing so, he has the dosh, and if he's allowed to own both a NL and an EFL club, why not? If we got promoted he could then potentially re-sell us at a profit?

Am I bonkers?

He not allowed, think we need to drop down to Evostick before it's allowed

countygump
Just seen a Facebook comment from a Forest supporter suggesting Marinakis should buy us. Initially I was horrified but then I began to see some potential in it. He could get an immense PR boost from doing so, he has the dosh, and if he's allowed to own both a NL and an EFL club, why not? If we got promoted he could then potentially re-sell us at a profit or at least recoup his money. Thoughts?

Am I bonkers?

No, just desperate like the rest of us.

McCullochisGod
Sounds like they have all the qualities required to make a bid for Forest.

We've been run by con men for years, what's new?

SwalePie
28-06-2019, 11:59 AM

Ah OK. This was the sticking point. However, if that wasn't the case, what do you reckon?

SwalePie
28-06-2019, 12:00 PM
It's webchat time by the way....

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-webchat-live-leigh-3029793

macse15
28-06-2019, 12:04 PM

I sincerely hope that May would fail the fit and proper person test

navypie
28-06-2019, 12:09 PM
We've been run by con men for years, what's new?

What makes you say that?

navypie
28-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Just seen a Facebook comment from a Forest supporter suggesting Marinakis should buy us. Initially I was horrified but then I began to see some potential in it. He could get an immense PR boost from doing so given his shady reputation, he clearly has the dosh, and if he's allowed to own both a NL and an EFL club, why not? If we got promoted he could then potentially re-sell us at a profit or at least recoup his money. He could even help us with a blinkin' training ground. Thoughts?

Am I bonkers?

Fecking bonkers lad. If the rules allowed we would effectively become Forest reserves. I would still support County though, Derby.

Chicken Balti Pie
28-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Ah OK. This was the sticking point. However, if that wasn't the case, what do you reckon?

I think I'd rather the club die with dignity (or what is left of it)

Bridg4d_Pie_
28-06-2019, 12:23 PM

Well the way Little Dick is currently performing Swale, we will not be kept waiting too long.😡😡😭😭

ivansneck
28-06-2019, 12:47 PM

Totally agree with you

BigFatPie
28-06-2019, 12:52 PM

Am I bonkers?

That’s a great idea Swale, and the best thing would be that the results would come out before the fixtures.

SwalePie
28-06-2019, 01:11 PM
That’s a great idea Swale, and the best thing would be that the results would come out before the fixtures.

Ha, brilliant. I'm off down the bakery for a pasty while it's safe.

jackal2
28-06-2019, 05:25 PM
'May's consortium or liquidation'.

In terms of options, that's on a par with 'May's Deal or Remain'.