PDA

View Full Version : Lilian Greenwood speaks again .....

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
01-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Apparently Notts (Alan) is not happy with her wording !

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
01-07-2019, 08:44 AM
@Official_NCFC is unhappy with the wording of my tweets on Friday. Not my job to do comms on his behalf - he could tweet for himself (!) but in the interests of transparency he says “ I said there was no definitive front runner and there are 3 buys jostling to get to the finish”

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
01-07-2019, 08:44 AM
I think still think that means there is no definite buyer but he says “The word I used was definitive not definite. A world of difference in context”. Make your own minds up - I didn’t record our meeting & nothing to stop him issuing a clarification if he felt I’d misunderstood.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
01-07-2019, 08:45 AM
He also says “I was also very clear in saying that I had a fiduciary duty to creditors and stakeholders to get the best price possible. Again that is a long way away from ‘a duty to sell it to the highest bidder’”.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
01-07-2019, 08:47 AM
I personally don’t think they got on too well !

legs77
01-07-2019, 08:48 AM
I have made my mind up and for once I think an MP is telling the truth and she is correct if he has a problem with it then come out and make a statement that way we know exactly what you are saying !

Woodsetts_Pie
01-07-2019, 08:51 AM
She should have taken Elite_Pie with her - then there'd be no possible misunderstanding. >;)

queenslandpie
01-07-2019, 08:52 AM
What an idiot. Alan all you said to her you could put out to the general public and you choose to communicate via an MP. All Notts Arent you! Buffoon.

Oh and is it a race to the finish line Alan?

queenslandpie
01-07-2019, 08:56 AM
she should have taken elite_pie with her - then there'd be no possible misunderstanding. >;)

like button.

countygump
01-07-2019, 09:24 AM
I have made my mind up and for once I think an MP is telling the truth and she is correct if he has a problem with it then come out and make a statement that way we know exactly what you are saying !

This^^^

Alan has had second thoughts on his use of words and has now decided to use words of a more 'positive' nature. No doubt this mornings '10 questions we need to ask Alan Hardy' has given him a little nudge.

Notsohumblepie
01-07-2019, 09:35 AM
"Fiduciary -A legal obligation of one party to act in the best interest of another. The obligated party is typically a fiduciary, that is, someone entrusted with the care of money or property. Also called fiduciary obligation"

Fiduciary duty to creditors, and stakeholders to get the best price possible = a duty to sell it to the highest bidder

That seems a fairly balanced equation to me .

Bushwacka
01-07-2019, 09:38 AM
"Fiduciary -A legal obligation of one party to act in the best interest of another. The obligated party is typically a fiduciary, that is, someone entrusted with the care of money or property. Also called fiduciary obligation"

Fiduciary duty to creditors, and stakeholders to get the best price possible = a duty to sell it to the highest bidder

That seems a fairly balanced equation to me .

Exactly, there is no mention of a duty to the club, its staff, supporters or its history. The creditors and stakeholders have no interest in the future of the club once they've been paid, so it will be sold to the highest bidder.

irishpete
01-07-2019, 09:39 AM
You knew this would happen. A serial bull ****ter & an MP in the same room. MPs have never lied,got facts wrong :D

MittPatt
01-07-2019, 09:57 AM
This^^^

Alan has had second thoughts on his use of words and has now decided to use words of a more 'positive' nature. No doubt this mornings '10 questions we need to ask Alan Hardy' has given him a little nudge.

Absolutely this. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened in his time at Notts.

slack_pie
01-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Unbelievable - he's complaining about the wording. Because he's always been so careful with his words.

And all this crap about 'three buyers jostling to get to the finish.' And where is the finish? It wasn't 7-10 days after Swindon, was it.

ForeignLegion
01-07-2019, 10:06 AM
It's about time the NEP started ramping up the pressure on Hardy. I hope the pressure increases daily, and I'd like to see it get some coverage in the nationals too. Not just because it Notts either; same would apply to any club in similar predicament.

Simon the Pieman
01-07-2019, 11:01 AM
It's about time the NEP started ramping up the pressure on Hardy. I hope the pressure increases daily, and I'd like to see it get some coverage in the nationals too. Not just because it Notts either; same would apply to any club in similar predicament.
Yep. Spot on it's time Hardy experienced some real pressure. He's got of really lightly, so far. Anyone remember Billy Liar?

Dunce
01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Yep. Spot on it's time Hardy experienced some real pressure. He's got of really lightly, so far. Anyone remember Billy Liar?

Oi Shadders!!! 🤣

Woodsetts_Pie
01-07-2019, 11:27 AM
I've done 25 Half Marathons in my time, 7 of them in Nottingham. On each one when I set off I knew it would be a race to the finish..... the finish for me was 13.1 miles from where I started on Victoria Embankment. It would be a strange run if the finish was moved several times after I'd started and at 30 miles I was still going.

MagpieMike
01-07-2019, 11:27 AM
I think still think that means there is no definite buyer but he says “The word I used was definitive not definite. A world of difference in context”. Make your own minds up - I didn’t record our meeting & nothing to stop him issuing a clarification if he felt I’d misunderstood.

Like everyone else, I'm losing patience. Don't understand Hardy's lack of communication via the Club OS, or his refusal to meet supporters representatives. He has had ample opportunity to set the record straight. The constant "trust me, the sale will go through soon", has given way to total silence. Go on Alan, set the record straight, with a clear no bull official statement.

On the fiduciary responsibility bit, he also has a duty to not trade insolvently, and NCFC look as though they are insolvent. Admin or sale please Mr hardy, and sharpish on either.

MAD_MAGPIE
01-07-2019, 12:24 PM

Correct and I completely agree. No blame can be attributed to the MP. She went there with the good intentions to get answers for her constituents.

Alan Hardy chose and made the decision not to have supporters representatives there as well.

Lilian Greenwood wouldn’t have needed to go either had he kept the good supporters of this club updated himself. He can talk to the BBC and NEP and communicate via those if he wants. He was soon doing it when he was the “busiest person in the world” when he had his driving ban and likewise with his Twitter gaff.

What about the serious questions such as the clubs immediate future, what are his plans, how much debt does the club have, and why the accounts are four months late from being filed. That’s what we want to know.

countygump
01-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Like everyone else, I'm losing patience. Don't understand Hardy's lack of communication via the Club OS, or his refusal to meet supporters representatives. He has had ample opportunity to set the record straight. The constant "trust me, the sale will go through soon", has given way to total silence. Go on Alan, set the record straight, with a clear no bull official statement.

On the fiduciary responsibility bit, he also has a duty to not trade insolvently, and NCFC look as though they are insolvent. Admin or sale please Mr hardy, and sharpish on either.

https://twitter.com/alexlevy0908/status/1145705486584602624

Notsohumblepie
01-07-2019, 04:08 PM
https://twitter.com/alexlevy0908/status/1145705486584602624

I love the bit in the letter " I used my hands to demonstrate" who does he think he is ? bloody Max Bygraves !

Apologies to younger posters.

LEPiePie
01-07-2019, 04:11 PM
"Let me tell you a stooory"

Chicken Balti Pie
01-07-2019, 04:17 PM
I love the bit in the letter " I used my hands to demonstrate" who does he think he is ? bloody Max Bygraves !

If he came out of hiding, I'd love to use hand gestures to demonstrate what I think of him!

Simon the Pieman
01-07-2019, 04:21 PM
The more coverage the better. I've written to Lillian Greenwood to thank her and to sympathise her having to deal with Hardy. Can't be easy talking to two short planks.

ncfcog
01-07-2019, 04:25 PM

I was thinking more Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin!

queenslandpie
01-07-2019, 09:22 PM
The whole Hardy and misquoted nonsense is exactly that - nonsense.

At the end of the day and as he has put out in a statement there is no definite buyer. You can use no definite buyer or you can use definitive buyer but whatever way you look at it nobody has bought the club. What a prat.The only thing I can definitively say is that it appears definite that Hardy is clutching at straws if he is pulling up MP's on their phraseology. Shouldn't he be concentrating on becoming the number one under 10's coach instead of just top 3.

Woodsetts_Pie
01-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Kenny Everett springs to mind...